New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: (D&D 5e) The Tempest Aloft the Haunted Isle In Character

As the Pyromancer falls, Valafar feels the final vestiges of the man's life empowering him healing some of his wounds and refreshing him. It was then he turned his attention to one of the pirates assaulting Nauta and charges them. "Your numbers are dwindling, your lifes are so fleeting" As he swings the blade he calls upon the gods of war to quicken his strikes and his blade flashes three times to strike his foe.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Valafar regains 10 hit points upon the death of the Hexed Pyromancer (Warlock levels + Cha mod)

Move behind/side of, it's hard to tell Pirate B

Thristing Blade + War Preist ability = 3 attacks (one is a bonus action.)

Attack One
    (1d20+8)[16]

Damage (2d6+5)[9]

Attack two
    (1d20+8)[28]

Damage (2d6+5)[11]

Attack three
    (1d20+8)[22]

Damage (2d6+5)[14]

Last edited by Seanfall; 2019-10-09 at 12:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Show

Attack number two was a Crit

(2d6)[3]

First attack missed so total damage from attacks is: 28

Last edited by Seanfall; 2019-10-09 at 12:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The remaining pyromancer continues to unleash an onslaught of fire on Elbalar, hoping to kill the knight before he gets a chance to strike back. Another mote of fire grazes Beiwarin's shoulder and leaves an unpleasant burn up his arm, but he is still very much alive.

Beiwarin takes 12 fire damage.

The pirate protecting the live pyromancer continues his fencing match against Nauta, hoping to deliver the final blow before Nauta can bring harm to the wizard. Once more the deft rapier catches Nauta and leaves slashes which at first appear superficial. It does not take long for the realization to eventually sink in that those cuts bleed much more than they first seem. Roland can already feel his senses blurred by the chill of death creeping towards him.

Nauta takes 16 damage. He only has 1 hit point left.

The other pirate seems ready to deliver the killing blow, but is abruptly interupted by the slashing of Valafar's sword. In a frenzied panic the pirate pivots and strike back against its new attacker. The strikes are guided more from fear than thought though, so all of the strikes only manage to slide of Valafar's armor.

Valafar takes no damage.

As Watcher is struggling with his bonds, a benign onlooker has took pity on his plight. Unexpectedly a tiefling figure crawls out from the jungle brush and slashes the rope off of Fid Watcher's hands. This fiendblood is a pirate as the party knows by now, but not one of the enemy ones: this is Crynirad. He has been so badly scorched by the flaming lightning of the pyromancer's attacks that you are surprised he is even alive. Right now he looks like a crawling corpse only being held alive by the influence of Nyarlathotep in his bloodline. A fear and sorrow of a magnitude only possible of those who are dying plays over his normally childish face.

Crynirad ends the Restrained condition placed upon Fid Watcher.

Your turns now.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2019-10-10 at 09:16 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuu Greenbrook makes another slashing motion with his wand, and a blood-red wisp of smoke accompanies the now-familiar twin jets of sickly-green concussive blasts shooting out of it, aimed directly at the remaining pyromancer!

Afterwards, the warlock repositions to put a tree directly between him and the pyromancer, who still seems to be standing much to the warlock's annoyance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action: Hex at level 4 vs Pyromancer. Concentration: Lasts for 8 hours. I would like to hex his Dexterity please (Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth checks).

Action: Eldritch Blast vs. Pyromancer.
    Beam 1: (1d20+9)[20]. Hit: (1d10+5)[6] force, plus (d6)[2] necrotic damage. Crit: (d10)[8] force plus (d6)[1] necrotic damage.
    Beam 2: (1d20+9)[17]. Hit: (1d10+5)[6] force, plus (d6)[6] necrotic damage. Crit: (d10)[4] force plus (d6)[4] necrotic damage.

Move behind tree, blocking line of effect between himself and the necromancer. Zuu's AC is a crappy 14 and every bit of cover helps.

20 damage to Pyromancer A. He's at 1 hit point. How annoying.

Also, Zuu is out of pact spell slots now.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2019-10-10 at 10:44 PM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Valafar smirks at the man's useless attempt to harm him, "You should have run." The warlock strikes again, but as he does he calls upon the ugliness and darkness he knows resides within himself within all men and it manifests as a swirling cloak of flies biting and stinging any near him.

Show

Thirsting blade: 2 attacks

Bonus Action: Invocation Cloak of flies.

As a bonus action, you can surround yourself with a magical aura that looks like buzzing flies. The aura extends 5 feet from you in every direction, but not through total cover. It lasts until you're incapacitated or you dismiss it as a bonus action. The aura grants you advantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks but disadvantage on all other Charisma checks. Any other creature that starts its turn in the aura takes poison damage equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 0 damage). Once you use this invocation, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

He takes 4 Damage automatically at the start of his next turn.

Attacks

One.
    (1d20+8)[15]

Damage: (2d6+5)[9]

two
    (1d20+8)[26]

Damage: (2d6+5)[12]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Roland takes the hits, grunting. "I'm not dying yet!" he shouts, but still he backs off, sheathing his blade and drawing his bow.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Disengage and back off as far as I can, bonus action second wind, and object interaction to switch weapons.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Fid Watcher

Fid resists the temptation to rub his wrists, knowing it wouldn't help. Barking a quick thank you to the burnt tiefling who'd rescued him, the bard steps forward, clapping his hands together in a syncopated rhythm and grunting out a breathy chant through teeth gritted against the pain shooting up his forearms. The two remaining pirate swordsmen's movements begin to slow as Fid continues clapping and chanting, weaving sonic chains about his former captives.

He also keeps a wary eye on the fleeing pyromancer, readying a hissing syllable and snap of a countercharm he had learned from an old gnome witch in exchange for his happiest memory.

Spoiler: OOC - Mechanics
    Show

Move - Move a few feet forward

Action - Hold Person at a third level spell slot on both Pirate A and Pirate B - DC 15 Wisdom

Choose a humanoid that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be paralyzed for the duration. At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the spell ends on the target.

Holding a Reaction is the Pyromancer tries to cast a spell - Counterspell - You attempt to interrupt a creature in the process of casting a spell. If the creature is casting a spell of 3rd level or lower, its spell fails and has no effect. If it is casting a spell of 4th level or higher, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability. The DC equals 10 + the spell’s level. On a success, the creature’s spell fails and has no effect.

Requillac, go ahead and roll for my counterspell to help speed things up - My CHA bonus is +4 (+7 with proficiency if that gets included).

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The pyromancer quickly comes to the dire realization that the fire magic he expected to instantly incinerate the party hasn't even yet brought one of them down yet. The recognition of the horrible pain from Zuu's eldritch energy wracking his body comes and bringing him near to death comes only slightly later. After appreciating that there is no way this fight could end positively for him, the pyromancer flees. Rather than running though, the being bizarrely uses his apparently functional goat legs to hop froglike from one branch to the next and escapes through the trees rather than under them.

The pyromancer use its action to dash and runs 60 ft. away.

After Nauta runs away, the pirate attacking him looks for the next best target, and comes to the unfortunate decision of directing his eyes towards Fid's dance. The pirate becomes frozen in place by the primal quality of the chanting and seems almost mesmerized by some unidentifiable horror at the sight. Neither the pirate nor an onlooker could fully understand what is going on, but it is clearly causing the pirate to freeze.

Pirate A is paralyzed by Fid's Hold Person spell.

The other pirate though is much too concerned with other matters to focus much on Fid though. Upon recognizing that he is horribly and most likely permanently injured, going up against an opponent clearly more skilled than him, and being drowned in a swarm of flies, the pirate rather reasonably decides that this just isn't worth it. The final pirate escapes from the area with the use of his goat legs, much like the pyromancer just did.

Pirate B resists Fid's Hold Person spell and then takes the disengage and dash action to 60 feet. away.

It is your turns now. Here is the stats post.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"And just where do you think you're going? I'm not done with you!" Zuu snarls as he steps out of the tree he was using as cover, and slashes his wand towards the fleeing pirates, sending a pair of Eldritch Blasts at each one.

Both hit true, and the pair collapse to the ground.

His face suddenly a wide maniacal mask of glee, Greenbrook turns to face the immobilized pirate. "Your turn," he tells the man, as he lazily waves the wand again, and the same reddish haze that enveloped the now-dead pyromancer now surrounds the hapless man like an unwanted coat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move forward 30 feet.

Action: Eldritch Blast - this spell has a range of 120 feet, so I'm pretty sure running 60 feet away isn't going to help.
    >> Beam 1 vs fleeing Pirate. (d20+9)[25] vs AC17. Hit: (d10+5)[14] force. Crit: (d10)[8] force. Hit! He ded.
    >> Beam 2 vs fleeing Pyromancer. (d20+9)[22] vs AC15. Hit: (d10+5)[14] force + (d6)[4] necrotic. Crit: (d10)[1] force + (d6)[2] necrotic. Hit! He ded also.

Bonus Action: Transfer Hex to Pirate A, cursing all his DEX checks with disadvantage.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2019-10-15 at 11:28 AM.
    Now Playing

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Valafar takes his time marching up to the paralyzed pirate, making sure the helpless being can see him coming in the center of that swarm of flies. Before he attacks, Valafar takes the time to run his blade underneath the pirate's eyes, not touching but close enough so he can see every inch of the wicked black blade that was about to draw his blood. "Where is all your bravado now?" He slashed out twice in quick succession.

Show

Oh Cloak of flies: 4 damage if he starts next turn within five feet of me.

Intimidation (running the blade under the man's eyes/nose would intimidate the hell out of me.) Mostly for fun, I don't expect it to impact anything.
    (1d20+7)[26]

Advantage (cloak of flies): (1d20+7)[25]

Attack 1
    (1d20+8)[25]

Advantage: (1d20+8)[25]

Dam: (2d6+5)[14] Crit (on hit.): (2d6)[3]

Attack 2
    (1d20+8)[19]

Advantage: (1d20+8)[10]

Dam: (2d6+5)[7] Crit (on hit.): (2d6)[8]

Last edited by Seanfall; 2019-10-15 at 09:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191

Planetar

Fid Watcher

The bard approaches one of the downed pirates, intentionally avoiding watching the slaughter his rescuers were bringing to the remaining captors. It's not that he was squeamish, he had just had his fill of violence and death these past days. It seemed like an eternity since their ship had crashed and right now the bard just wanted to feel the security of his arms and armor again before facing whatever else awaited him on this forsaken land.

He busies himself stripping the pirate of his own armor and belts on his trusty shortsword. He hefts his crossbow and tests its string, still wound taut and dry despite the tribulations. Satisfied, Fid turns to his companions and sketches a bow that would not be out of place in a highborn manor. My thanks once again for your alacritous aid, my friends. I would just as likely have been their, or some other beast's, meal without you coming along. I daresay we know each other, do we not? We are all worse for wear, but we were all not long ago fellows aboard the same ship, no? I simply must hear the tale of how you came to rescue me.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

This pirate of yours has proven to be of a weak will, and it doesn't seem like he has the mental mettle to regain himself. It appears that he will be staying like that for close to another minute unless Watcher decides to drop the enchantment.

The encounter has ended. The pirate will stay paralyzed for the full duration of the spell, so the party may decide how to handle him without making any checks. He will not really be able to retaliate against any actions the party does.

Although this battle was a success for your side as a whole, it was not without costs. Elbar Beiwarin can no longer handle the horrid burns covering his whole person. The explosive fire brought him to death's door, and the volley of fire after that pushed him through the door's threshold. Only a moment after that last firebolt, he falls on the ground face forwards. It is probably for the best that he fell in a such a way that you cannot see the last reaction to the pain on his face and eyes.

While you all where busy handling the pirates, Crynirad was able to release all of the prisoners in the chain line, including the two humans as well as Fid. The two people, whom are the first people you have seen on the island who are actually humans from the area around Celephais, are now helping Crynirad stand up. One of the humans is a 30 year old woman, who despite recently suffering what must have been a series of traumatic experiences, appears completely unphased, and the other human is a middle aged man who, even though is involved in such a serious activity, walks absentmindedly as if his head where in the clouds. Crynirad looks horribly scorched by the pyromancer's pillars of fire, and you are frankly amazed he is even alive: something in his fiendish blood must be keeping him alive.

The scatterbrained man is the first to call out. "Warriors, we need you to come here and help us! This man is grievously wounded and needs medical attention immediately! Do any of you ?..., hey what are you doing?"

Without saying anything the unemotional woman interrupts the other prisoner by lowering Crynirad down on a patch of flat grass. She kneels down next to him and ponders something for a few seconds. Then without looking up she speaks in a ways that is annoyingly slow and drawn out. "If any of you see an ebony crab talisman than give it to me. With that I can heal this devil-spawn."

The man retorts, now turning his confusion into suspicion "what are trying to do this time, witch doctor?". A glare from the healer is all that is enough of a response to keep the paranoid man from furthering his questioning.
    -

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Before Zuu does anything, he takes a couple of deep breaths and studies the people in the press-gang, now freed. Does he recognize any of them?

General ability check to do so. (d20)[2].
    Now Playing

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Before Zuu does anything, he takes a couple of deep breaths and studies the people in the press-gang, now freed. Does he recognize any of them?

General ability check to do so. [roll0].
    They both appear to be from Celephais or a surrounding area, so there is a decent chance that you may have seen them before. But with these specific two people, you do not remember them from anywhere.
    -

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Not having any ability to aid with the healing of the tiefling, Zuu goes through the pockets of the dead pirate and pyromancers, looking for anything of value. Perhaps, even that talisman the woman was calling for.

Investigation: (1d20-1)[8]
    Now Playing

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Triggering Dark One's Own Luck:
    (1d10)[4]
    Now Playing

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Valafar sneered at the Paralyzed Pirate, with a gesture he dismissed the cloak of flies about himself. "Someone bind him, I'll help tend to the wounded." Valafar approached Crynirad and knelt down at his side. "Oh gods of war, show this one mercy. Staunch his wounds and mend his flesh if but a little. Hear my call, and save those like that are like yourselves. The lost cost of war."

Many imagined the gods of war were great clanging warriors, proud of their deeds burning with supposed 'honor.' But those who worshipped them learned quickly, the true gods of war are not massive larger than life soldiers. They are children dressed in rags, faces stained with dirt and ash, eyes too young and too old. For war is not an honorable endeavor, it is not some grand battle. It is dirty, it is bloody and it is tragic so too are the gods who embody it. The ones who have seen too much, those who see past the lies drunk men tell themselves in taverns.

Show

Casting Cure wounds. 1st level spell.

(1d8+2)[3]

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Not having any ability to aid with the healing of the tiefling, Zuu goes through the pockets of the dead pirate and pyromancers, looking for anything of value. Perhaps, even that talisman the woman was calling for.

Investigation: [roll0]
    Unsurprisingly, the pirates do not really have much of great interest on them. They each have basic equipment (such as rations, torches, cooking supplies, etc.), but nothing very valuable or obviously magical on them. Probably due to their fighting styles it would have bee too cumbrous to carry anything more than the meager gear they already have. You do not find the talisman that the healer asked you for.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanfall View Post
    Valafar sneered at the Paralyzed Pirate, with a gesture he dismissed the cloak of flies about himself. "Someone bind him, I'll help tend to the wounded." Valafar approached Crynirad and knelt down at his side. "Oh gods of war, show this one mercy. Staunch his wounds and mend his flesh if but a little. Hear my call, and save those like that are like yourselves. The lost cost of war."

Show

Casting Cure wounds. 1st level spell.

[roll0]

Crynirad casts a great sigh of upon being healed, but otherwise does not seem to have the energy to react much. He is breathing regularly now, but seeing as how he almost just died, he is obviously too weary and tired to want to do much. He at least takes the effort to breath out a tired goodbye, before continuing to stare blankly at the sky from where he is lying down.

The woman claiming to be a healer just glares at Valafar in response to the scene and picks herself back up. She then shuffles over to Beiwarin and checks his vital signs by poking her fingers into his neck. Without getting up, in a tone just loud enough for you all to hear but still painstakingly slow, she says "This man is dead. How would he have wanted us to dispose of his body? So long as the body is eventually destroyed, Bastatan cares not how it is done."

Bastatan, The Lord of Crabs; a name you are all too familiar with but wish you were not. You all had your suspicions before that this woman was a priest of Bastatan when she asked for an Ebony Crab Talisman as a tool for healing. Bastatan is the god of decay and death, and its name is invoked at every funeral. The Great Old One is by no means an evil creature, and in fact it is quite central to the religions you are accustomed to, but it is still never a pleasant topic. Even though death has abounded since you have entered the island, this is the first corpse you have to dispose of, so Bastatan's soul-presence has only now become so recognizable.
    -

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Valafar shivered at the woman's presence, the lord of crabs was not a god he was fond of. Even less so when surrounded by death, the Tiefling removed his bedroll from his back and rested it under Crynirad's head to help him breath better. They would be moving on soon but the man needed a moment, he next uncoiled the rope from his pack and proceeded to tie up the remaining pirate.

"I did not know the man that well. Bury him or cremate him, but make it quick. We can mourn the dead once we know what is going on here."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuu scavenges everything of value from the pirates' corpses, especially those of mundane utility, such as weapons, cooking utensils, waterskins, and the like.

Afterwards, he returns to the group and learns with consternation that the boatswain had succumbed to his burns.

"We should get going. A funeral pyre might be best. But what should we do with his gear? They might help us, but they belong to him," he addresses Valafar.
    Now Playing

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

"Aye, the sooner we move on the better." Roland thinks. "No pyre, lad. The smoke'd bring the whole island down on us. If ye want to take his gear, do it, but quick."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Valafar finished tying up the Pirate and kicked him over to the others, before approaching their dead companion. "...." He let out a heavy sigh, they weren't in a position where they could afford to leave behind useful items. So he knelt down next to the body and spoke a prayer. "Oh gods of war, stained with ash and tears and blood. Welcome this one to walk next to you, guide him to a restful place free of war."

He then stripped the body of any useful items he could find before looking up at the 'healer'. "I prayed for his soul, do whatever rites your god would for his body."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuu assists in Valafar's endeavor, all the while doing his best to ignore the fiend's incessantly whispered mockery of the boatswain who couldn't even handle a little heat. He has little use for the man's blunderbuss or enchanted sword, so he elected for the more mundane items instead.
    Now Playing

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Valafar shivered at the woman's presence, the lord of crabs was not a god he was fond of. Even less so when surrounded by death, the Tiefling removed his bedroll from his back and rested it under Crynirad's head to help him breath better. They would be moving on soon but the man needed a moment, he next uncoiled the rope from his pack and proceeded to tie up the remaining pirate.

"I did not know the man that well. Bury him or cremate him, but make it quick. We can mourn the dead once we know what is going on here."
    Zuu scavenges everything of value from the pirates' corpses, especially those of mundane utility, such as weapons, cooking utensils, waterskins, and the like.

Afterwards, he returns to the group and learns with consternation that the boatswain had succumbed to his burns.

"We should get going. A funeral pyre might be best. But what should we do with his gear? They might help us, but they belong to him," he addresses Valafar.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Aye, the sooner we move on the better." Roland thinks. "No pyre, lad. The smoke'd bring the whole island down on us. If ye want to take his gear, do it, but quick."
    Valafar finished tying up the Pirate and kicked him over to the others, before approaching their dead companion. "...." He let out a heavy sigh, they weren't in a position where they could afford to leave behind useful items. So he knelt down next to the body and spoke a prayer. "Oh gods of war, stained with ash and tears and blood. Welcome this one to walk next to you, guide him to a restful place free of war."

He then stripped the body of any useful items he could find before looking up at the 'healer'. "I prayed for his soul, do whatever rites your god would for his body."
    The absent minded and distrustful man responds first, exposing his concerns just as much through tone as words. "We do not have the time for a lengthy burial procedure. Do what you can as quickly as possible and let's get out of here. That fireworks showed isn't going unnoticed by whatever is trying to kill us."

The priest of Bastatan, yet to reveal her name, is staring down at Beiwarin's corpse as she speaks, making it unclear who she is trying to adress. "Yes, a full funeral cannot be done here. We had best give him the soldier's treatment." The priest kneels down next to Beiwarin's body and quietly incants a mumbling funeral chant, more meaningful for the noise it makes rather than the words themselves. She seemingly does not care that Zuu is searching the body during this procedure, which makes sense from the perspective of the church of Bastatan: after all, the body is meaningless once the soul has left it. The priest then touches the shoulder of the deceased, and Elbalar Beiwarin's body shrivels up as if all the moisture has left, indirectly causing the black husk of his body to curl in on itself. The whole process lasts only half a minute, but is still more gruesome than most would like. A soldier's funeral in the battlefield is far less pleasant than the regular methods, but it is the quicker way to do it.

As all this is happening Crynirad stares blankly at the pirates who almost killed him. When Zuu goes to search the bodies, his eyes indicate that he is pondering something. Once Elbalar's funeral is done, Crynirad speaks up in a parched voice.

"Why where they trying to take prisoners? The pirates, I mean. It's not like they could have sold us into slavery or ransom from this abandoned island. Why didn't they just try to kill us and take our stuff? It would be easier, and they could stage an ambush that way. And why did they bother to drag the prisoners they captured from another boat all the way over here? Just does not add up... I met these people, and these aren't the kind that would shy from blood. But what could have motivated them to want to take so many prisoners?"
    -

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Valafar shivered at the sight of Beiwarin's corpse shriveling up, a cold shiver racing down his spine. That was one of the reasons he did not care for that god or its followers. He stowed his share of the items taken from the corpses of the fallen, while others spoke up he was giving the Blunderbuss a once over. He had never seen such a thing up close though it wasn't hard to determine how it was used he decided any 'test' firing would have to wait for actual combat so as not to squander what shot he had access to.

"Why don't we ask our captive?" Valafar gave another kick to the roped up pirate. "I'm sure we can think of a few ways to loosen his tongue."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Ask him while we move," Zuu snaps, as he finishes passing out all the items scavenged from the pirates and from the recently deceased, and starts going at the direction of their original destination -- the crewmates of the unfortunate elf they encountered next to the tree. "It's still a long ways to go!"

As he turns, puts away his rod, a small amount of magical force rushes into the warlock, recharging on of his spent pact slots. The warlock did not fail to notice whispers from the fiend, but chooses to ignore it for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Distribution is specified in OCC post.
    As Action, Zuu recovers 1 pact slot from the Rod of the Pact Keeper.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2019-10-29 at 11:38 PM.
    Now Playing

27. - Top - End - #207

Planetar

Fid Watcher

Fid allows his rescuers and erstwhile fellow prisoners to discuss amongst themselves while he rubs his wrists, stretches, and reassembles his gear. He does keep an eye on the Crab Priestess and her dessication ritual on the fallen adventurer, however, as novelty was something the explorer could not resist...it would make a great story one day...assuming they got off this island.

Once re-armed and re-armored, Fid lends his suggestion to the group. I agree with this one he says, pointing at Zuu We should not tarry too long in one spot. I am loathe to become a prisoner once again and it seems we are all of relatively sound body.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

After travelling a safe distance away from the spot of the attack, but still before reaching the river, the idea of taking a brief rest is brought up.

The paradoxically suspicious and absent-minded man, who rather oddly still hasn't revealed his name, seems appalled by this idea. "Stopping? With the racket that we just created? No, we must continue. Something will catch us if we stay here, and you all know it."

The priest of Bastatan, who also has not yet said her name, responds to this in her characteristically monotone and drawled way. "Half of us practically got hit by something with the force of lightning. It is unwise to walk on injuries like this. We had best rest."

The irate man spews out "Who gave you the authority to boss me around? Stop arguing with everything I say!"

Crynirad in his vexation counters this "Oh, just shut up! We all have said we need rest, and we will rest. If you have a problem with that, go walk on without us and see how long you last!"

The unnamed tartar only mumbles insults at this without actually doing anything about it.

A short rest is now occuring, re-roll as many hit dice as you all would like, and if it matters, describe what your character is doing during the rest.
    -

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Valafar sighs as he sits down grateful for the rest. Though his blade might be part of another world or being as far as he knows swinging it still takes muscle and his are sore from the fight. Indeed most would be surprised how much energy is burned in even short skirmishes, to that end he has removed the armor around his arms and chest to allow his muscles to rest. He takes the time to clean and bind what wounds magic was not able to heal and inspected the Blunderbuss.

Interesting weapon, looks like this hammer back here ignites something. The powder I take it? Yet it's not magical least not in an obvious way.

As an experiment, he tried to summon his blade but in a form matching this weapon. For a moment the energies gathered....then broke apart and dissipated. Valafar raised a brow and shrugged. Finally speaking to the others, "Are you three done bickering? Conserve your energy, eat while you can, mend any wounds and..." Valafar jerked his head to the trussed-up pirate. "We can start asking this one questions."

Spoiler
    Show

Spending 4 hit die to heal.

(4d8)[19]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The warlock leans heavily against a tree, deriving some form of psychic recovery from the bardsong. His eyes fall over the pirate, the miasma from his hex still enveloping the now-weaponless tiefling.

"Why did you attack us?" he says menacingly, as he purposely strides towards the pirate while a tell-tale greenish glow (Eldritch Blast) starts to emanate from his hands. "And how many of there are you?"

Intimidation: (d20+8)[17]
    Rolling enough hit dice to recover to 3 within full HP (need 24 at least)
    HD1: (d8+2)[9]
    Song of Rest: (d6)[3]
    HD2: (d8+2)[8]
    HD3: (d8+2)[6]
    HD4: (d8+2)[8]

HP is now 51/52, with 12 temp HP.

Notes
    1. Both pact slots recharge (dang, I wasted the Rod of the Pact Keeper's daily power)
    2. Dark One's Own Luck recharges (+d10 to ability check or saving throw)
    3. Hex remains on Pirate A (disadvantage on DEX checks)
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2019-11-02 at 10:36 AM.
    Now Playing