New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    Instead of regenerate, could be 'if ~ would leave the battlefield, instead turn it face down'. There's a lot of exile and bounce effects that take the punch out of most recurring threats.
    It would need to remove damage first or exile it and return it face down to not just die to the damage already on it, but that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Sure but you by and large can't remove god eternals or some of the creatures in more recursion based decks. The god eternals are particularly nasty as even traditional white exile effects don't kill them. Forcing an opponent to discard them is the only way to make sure they stay dead (and then only if they can't get them out of their graveyard somehow).
    Playing bad cards just because they answer God Eternals is not a good reason, especially not when Kefnet and Oketra still have relevant triggered abilities.

The thing is the main random play in arena is best of 1 so your sideboard just doesn't matter. I totally agree in formats that support it, it would be a sideboard card, but a general play deck needs to be a bit more flexible than that.
    Fair, but that just means you should play more general answers, not more specific cards that are dead in some matchups. Unless you have something you can pitch it to when it is dead I don't think it is worth the risk to run it.

Since you mentioned not being sure about the current standard environment it's worth pointing out that the nature of Arena means cards that would normally be relatively rare in random play are quite a bit more common as the wildcards system means you have to open a lot fewer boosters to get multiple copies of a specific desired card. So cards that would normally trade for far more than many players could afford, (or justify), are a lot more common. Thats also affects your deck design to a degree in ways that probably make many cards far moe of a "i need to be able to cope with this" than you'd normally expect.
    Price of cards isn't a relevant limiting factor in paper magic. If a card is good people are going to play it, and if it is expensive they are going to pay the money it costs. You don't see better cards in Arena than you do in paper magic.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

The various god eternals can also be permanently killed by countering them, taking control of them and then killing them (because then it's your choice whether to put it back in the library), or killing them and responding to the death trigger by exiling them from the graveyard at instant speed. I have done each of these things at least once in Arena.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    It would need to remove damage first or exile it and return it face down to not just die to the damage already on it, but that would work.

Playing bad cards just because they answer God Eternals is not a good reason, especially not when Kefnet and Oketra still have relevant triggered abilities.

Fair, but that just means you should play more general answers, not more specific cards that are dead in some matchups. Unless you have something you can pitch it to when it is dead I don't think it is worth the risk to run it.

Price of cards isn't a relevant limiting factor in paper magic. If a card is good people are going to play it, and if it is expensive they are going to pay the money it costs. You don't see better cards in Arena than you do in paper magic.
    Um i think you missed the secondary point of the last part.

In paper magic if players open 10 million boosters there are, (assuming the packaging department did their work and assuming a typical 30/15 distribution of rares and mythics), at most 291k of each rare and 83k of each mythic available. There simply aren't enough, (unless the majority of players have a fairly large collection of unused spare rare's and mythics, which i sincerely doubt given the average spend that would require), for a significant fraction of the players to be playing multiple of any mythic and most decks won't have more than a handful of multiple rares. The cards literally don't exist. Arena gives you slightly fewer of each but the huge numbers of wildcards that are going to bias towards certain cards by nature really shake's things up. Including wildcards there are 2.76 million rare's and 469k mythics in the same 10 million packs in arena. 1.6 million of those rares are wildcards and 416k of the mythics are wildcards.

As for eternal isolation, et el. You don't heavily play counters to things your deck deals with allready, you pick things that deal with what the deck can't handle, (hence spark harvest, there are several annoying planeswalkers, though naturally teferi is the worst), well. Anything with recursion and a decent size is tough on the deck because whilst the deck doesn't mind sacrificing their life or cards to cope with them, you've only got so much of ethier, too many of them and your done. Without recursion the deck generally has enough options to cope, but add in recursion and the card advantage gets more negetive than the deck likes and it runs into issues. I mentioned the god eternals because they're a pretty common recursion packing big creature for you to run into currently. If that cangs with core 20 release then i'm going to change what i bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    The various god eternals can also be permanently killed by countering them, taking control of them and then killing them (because then it's your choice whether to put it back in the library), or killing them and responding to the death trigger by exiling them from the graveyard at instant speed. I have done each of these things at least once in Arena.
    Oh absolutely, i've experienced or done this myself, but the first two aren't white/black and the latter tends not to be cheap to do, (and pretty much requires 2 cards, which runs into this decks other major problem atm, card draw limitations).

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

The god eternals tuck clause is only relevant in games that are going to go long. If you're playing a deck that cares about going long you need to be able to answer them, but as is said time and again, if you don't have permanent removal, just use player removal.

Kill your opponent, don't try and go ad nauseum against people playing God eternals.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2019-07-03 at 07:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Is Bane-alley Broker + Teferi's Puzzle Box a good synergy? I know it's not an actual combination of cards, because apparently "combination" means "win condition" for some backwards reason, but I still want to know if they work well together.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Is Bane-alley Broker + Teferi's Puzzle Box a good synergy? I know it's not an actual combination of cards, because apparently "combination" means "win condition" for some backwards reason, but I still want to know if they work well together.
    They really don't do anything to each other. Puzzle box doesn't exile so you can't pull from it, broker have anything to do with puzzle box.

Puzzle box is usually good with cards like Narset that keep your opponent from drawing, essentially tucking their hands, or with cards that benefit from you drawing like chasm skulker.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Puzzle box doesn't exile so you can't pull from it
    You wouldn't be able to pull from Puzzle Box even if it did exile something. Did you forget how Bane-alley Broker works?

The idea of the synergy is to scramble your opponents' hands and prevent them from holding onto things for long-term plans, while mitigating that effect for yourself (because things exiled with Broker aren't put on the bottom of your library, and can be returned to your hand when you actually need them.)
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-07-03 at 07:49 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

It's a neat little synergy, but nothing really to write home about I don't think.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You wouldn't be able to pull from Puzzle Box even if it did exile something. Did you forget how Bane-alley Broker works?

The idea of the synergy is to scramble your opponents' hands and prevent them from holding onto things for long-term plans, while mitigating that effect for yourself (because things exiled with Broker aren't put on the bottom of your library, and can be returned to your hand when you actually need them.)
    That is a tremendous amount of mana and a two card combo to do what burning inquiry does for 1 mana. I have never played a format slow enough for that to be a reasonable combo in a deck.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

While thinking about that combo and looking through some similar cards, I noticed that a lot of hand-switching cards I can think of work during the upkeep, which means they sadly don't work with Teferi's Puzzle Box. Gustha's Scepter is I guess the closest? Talk about a blast from the past, that card.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    While thinking about that combo and looking through some similar cards, I noticed that a lot of hand-switching cards I can think of work during the upkeep, which means they sadly don't work with Teferi's Puzzle Box. Gustha's Scepter is I guess the closest? Talk about a blast from the past, that card.
    You could use Memory Jar, but that feels like the least absurd use of Memory Jar.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Um i think you missed the secondary point of the last part.

In paper magic if players open 10 million boosters there are, (assuming the packaging department did their work and assuming a typical 30/15 distribution of rares and mythics), at most 291k of each rare and 83k of each mythic available. There simply aren't enough, (unless the majority of players have a fairly large collection of unused spare rare's and mythics, which i sincerely doubt given the average spend that would require), for a significant fraction of the players to be playing multiple of any mythic and most decks won't have more than a handful of multiple rares. The cards literally don't exist. Arena gives you slightly fewer of each but the huge numbers of wildcards that are going to bias towards certain cards by nature really shake's things up. Including wildcards there are 2.76 million rare's and 469k mythics in the same 10 million packs in arena. 1.6 million of those rares are wildcards and 416k of the mythics are wildcards.
    I'm not going to go through the math, but this is clearly wrong, as people are playing tons of rares and mythics. Just go down to your local FNM and see for yourself.

As for eternal isolation, et el. You don't heavily play counters to things your deck deals with allready, you pick things that deal with what the deck can't handle, (hence spark harvest, there are several annoying planeswalkers, though naturally teferi is the worst), well. Anything with recursion and a decent size is tough on the deck because whilst the deck doesn't mind sacrificing their life or cards to cope with them, you've only got so much of ethier, too many of them and your done. Without recursion the deck generally has enough options to cope, but add in recursion and the card advantage gets more negetive than the deck likes and it runs into issues. I mentioned the god eternals because they're a pretty common recursion packing big creature for you to run into currently. If that cangs with core 20 release then i'm going to change what i bring.
    A god eternal hits the board on turn five, then you kill it. Unless they draw cards then it hits the board again turn eight. Your deck should be fast enough to deal with that. You don't need to answer all of their threats if you can just kill them.
    Don't focus on what your deck is bad at, focus on what it's good at. Eternal Isolation is going to lose you more games from being a dead card than it is going to win from not just being a more general removal spell.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Eh, I guess I'll just stick to my FTP ways. I don't think I've seen the cat in any of my games, though I don't do ranked very much.

On a related note, does anyone have a budget deck and/or a reliable resource for budget decks. Building decks one wild card at a time is tedious to say the least, and I've only managed to complete two decks that I'm comfortable bringing out.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Colossus in the Playground

I don't have card strategies for budget decks, but what I DO have is information on the story. Since I care about that.

The first five chapters of The GAthering Storm, the prequel novella to War of the Spark, are out and they're really really good! Feel free to throw questions my way so I can answer them, and feel free to receive unsoliciated information this book shows us, such as; Ral Zarek is the little spoon in his relationship with Tomik in every way. Vraska's time being a pirate has made a lot of her revenge fantasies turn to ash in her mouth. Kaya's problem back home is that THE SKY IS BROKEN, which is not yet elaborated on but sure sounds interesting as heck.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I don't have card strategies for budget decks, but what I DO have is information on the story. Since I care about that.

The first five chapters of The GAthering Storm, the prequel novella to War of the Spark, are out and they're really really good! Feel free to throw questions my way so I can answer them, and feel free to receive unsoliciated information this book shows us, such as; Ral Zarek is the little spoon in his relationship with Tomik in every way. Vraska's time being a pirate has made a lot of her revenge fantasies turn to ash in her mouth. Kaya's problem back home is that THE SKY IS BROKEN, which is not yet elaborated on but sure sounds interesting as heck.
    Not that I mind but... Tomik and Ral Zarek are into each other ?! Im surprised!

Man, such a waste. I mean Tomik have the looks, the gargoyle riding skills and a great estate provider. Seem like quite the catch to me. I dont know about his personnality in the official lore though, what is he like?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Not that I mind but... Tomik and Ral Zarek are into each other ?! Im surprised!

Man, such a waste. I mean Tomik have the looks, the gargoyle riding skills and a great estate provider. Seem like quite the catch to me. I dont know about his personnality in the official lore though, what is he like?
    Yeah, it's only hinted at in art by the little hankerchefs they each wear, but in War of the Spark most of Ral's character arc is fretting about how boyfriend. It's really sweet, and in Gathering Storm we get to see that more indepth and it's great.

Tomik is a fastidious and cool dude. He's Teysa's right hand man and it shows in terms of his work based morality, but unlike most Orzhov he's actually quite kindhearted. He's a bit of a nerd, and he's the only person with the balls to tell Ral Zarek to get over his extra gay ass self whenever he's being... well, Ral Zarek, and it makes Ral weak at the knees because Ral is an extreme bottom in every sense of the word and I love it.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In the end I settled on a BW vampire/pridemate approach, since I found a list that’s heavy on commons and uncommons.

It also helps that the basic concept already existed in the starter decks. The Core 2020 vampires are a decent addition though.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    I'm not going to go through the math, but this is clearly wrong, as people are playing tons of rares and mythics. Just go down to your local FNM and see for yourself.

A god eternal hits the board on turn five, then you kill it. Unless they draw cards then it hits the board again turn eight. Your deck should be fast enough to deal with that. You don't need to answer all of their threats if you can just kill them.
    Don't focus on what your deck is bad at, focus on what it's good at. Eternal Isolation is going to lose you more games from being a dead card than it is going to win from not just being a more general removal spell.
    Going at this in reverse order:

1. With M20 i'm actually seeing a lot less god eternals, they've actually all but disappeared so i have now taken isolation out, but thats a change in the play environment, (graveyard recursion has been rare so far generally as well), i'll link my updated deck in a second as i've tweaked a few other things around, (notably i swapped Okerta for Lilliana after seeing her in action in a similar deck i faced, had totally missed the interaction between her passive and teysa, actually i'd missed her passive period, bit of a new concept for me that). So overall it's less of an issue. And yes killing your opponent is naturally the best way of dealing with any threat, but my experiance is that the deck either manages to outpace the opponent early or it goes very late. Mid Game it can do a lot of control tricks, but it struggle to clinch out the win, (The changes have helped here but it still tends that way actually), and that means i'm probably not going to be able to kill said opponent before it comes back, and the deck onyl has so many answers to that type of threat in it.

2. Even in a paper environment assuming the majority of rare's pulled out of packs are being used 1 in 8 card will be either a mythic or a rare. But sheer numbers isn't the only point i'm getting at. That selection of rares is going to be, (unless your area's paper players either have a lot of unused rares from each set sat at home never being used or they're all big on buying in individual cards from outside the area), a relatively even distribution of all rare's in the set. there's no bias in any direction in terms of number of a given type of rare. In arena however the wildcard system means there's a lot more of the rare's and mythics that appeal strongly to one or more player types in use because the distribution isn't as reliant on RNG when opening the boosters.

My new Teysa deck: https://deckstats.net/decks/135871/1341617-teysa-deck

Mentor of the meek does a lot to give me early card draws which helps the early pacing and cna get the deck through several type's of pain and strengthen the mid game, and whilst Lilliana is rarely a win condition in of herself she cna be a useful delaying tool, as well as a card drawing tool. Doomed Dissenter is just sort of chilling there as another low mana drop for the early game. I have considered throwing in glass of the guildpact in it's place but i play enough mono-colour i don't think it would be as super powerful as in my Rakdos deck.

My Rakdos Deck: https://deckstats.net/decks/135871/1347157-rakdos-deck

Really started as a bit of a lulzy deck but has been working surprisingly well. very glass of the guildpact reliant if it can't just chew the opponents face of right at the start. Much faster paced than my Teysa deck though. Mind you Orzhov is pretty much this deck's nemesis really. I've definitely been considering how to work a bit more hard removal into this deck as direct damage from triggers whilst nice can be a bit hit or miss obviously.
    Last edited by Carl; 2019-07-07 at 02:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

(unless your area's paper players either have a lot of unused rares from each set sat at home never being used or they're all big on buying in individual cards from outside the area),
    You are seriously under estimating how willing players are in general to buy singles.

Also beside the point but I think you overestimated the number of a single rares you’d get from 10mil packs. The rare sheet has the 53 rares printed twice and the 15 mythical printed once. So by my calculations there should be about 165,000 of any single rare in those packs.
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2019-07-07 at 04:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

It certainly varies by area, but unless you are talking about very rare stuff (like Mana Crypt pre-reprint or something) everyone has what they want to have. Or what they can afford, at any rate.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    You are seriously under estimating how willing players are in general to buy singles.

Also beside the point but I think you overestimated the number of a single rares you’d get from 10mil packs. The rare sheet has the 53 rares printed twice and the 15 mythical printed once. So by my calculations there should be about 165,000 of any single rare in those packs.
    I'll trust you on the math as i was going off memory from a few days previously on the details.

That said the point i'm getting at is that for any specific single rare there are only so many copies floating around. Unless there's a large group of players opening a significant percentage of all boosters sold for the specific purpose of selling on the rare's and mythics there simply aren't enough rare's and mythics of the more desirable cards going around for everyone who wants them to have them. Simple supply vs demand. Certainly those willing to pay the premium that goes with undersupply can ensure they get the copies that are available, but that leaves everyone else without. Which comes back to @LansXero's what players can afford.

Arena's wildcard system makes the whole supply vs demand equation a lot more favorable, especially for rares.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

Unless there's a large group of players opening a significant percentage of all boosters sold for the specific purpose of selling
    Thats exactly what a bunch of stores do. Starcity, T&T, Coolstuff, etc. just to mention some of the online ones, then tons of independent sellers on TCGPlayer, then a ton of local stores, then amazon / ebay sellers...

I mean, i get that you dont play or know much about the physical version. But when missing information, its always better to ask than to assume.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Thats exactly what a bunch of stores do. Starcity, T&T, Coolstuff, etc. just to mention some of the online ones, then tons of independent sellers on TCGPlayer, then a ton of local stores, then amazon / ebay sellers...

I mean, i get that you don't play or know much about the physical version. But when missing information, its always better to ask than to assume.
    I was basing the assumption vis a vis that on the fact that the kind of pricing i saw on deckbuilder, (and have heard of elsewhere), doesn't seem to indicate an average rare+mythic card price higher than the cost of a booster, in which case doing that wouldn't be very profitable if profitable at all. I'd have to sit down and do the anlysis to be sure but at a glance that looks like a really weak business plan. I mean i'm willing to take your word on it btw, it just is really surprising they can make any money doing that.
    Last edited by Carl; 2019-07-07 at 10:43 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

I was basing the assumption vis a vis that on the fact that the kind of pricing i saw on deckbuilder, (and have heard of elsewhere), doesn't seem to indicate an average rare+mythic card price higher than the cost of a booster, in which case doing that wouldn't be very profitable if profitable at all. I'd have to sit down and do the anlysis to be sure but at a glance that looks like a really weak business plan. I mean i'm willing to take your word on it btw, it just is really surprising they can make any money doing that.
    It can be explained but its very long and boring and I doubt anyone here cares enough :)

Anyways, I heard the pre-release code no longer gives a sealed in Arena? What does it do then?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    It can be explained but its very long and boring and I doubt anyone here cares enough :)

Anyways, I heard the pre-release code no longer gives a sealed in Arena? What does it do then?
    Pre-release code? Arena has a whole bunch so not exactly sure which your referring to.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Pre-release code? Arena has a whole bunch so not exactly sure which your referring to.
    If you attend a paper pre release event you usually get something for MTGA. You get 6 M20 packs now.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

(notably i swapped Okerta for Lilliana after seeing her in action in a similar deck i faced, had totally missed the interaction between her passive and teysa, actually i'd missed her passive period, bit of a new concept for me that).
    Why did you swap out Oketra instead of Etheral Absolution? Oketra seems like a much better card.

-Talk about there not being enough rares-
    Go down to your local FNM. People can get the cards they want to play.
    You can try to explain how it doesn't make sense as much as you want, but the fact is that it is happening.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-07-08 at 10:20 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The current set has boosters averaging almost a dollar more than their cost, due in part to the proliferation of foils (the amount printed has doubled in 5 years but prices haven't dropped.)

WotC has deliberately made rares better and commons worse to movw more packs, which means commons and uncommons are getting cheaper due to more of them in circulation.

Edit: I am in a weird place card wise. I played azorious spirits in modern before spirits became a thing, so I have the cheap half of the deck. I have a collection of fetches I can chuck for some of the rest, and I have aether vials. What I don't have is any of the U/W/G lands, noble hierarch, or collected company.

So I can't quite make up a whole spirits deck except by trading my collection of arcbound ravagers. I'm not certain I actually want to do this, but my affinity deck is from back in extended when it used aether vials and I don't have most of the modern deck (ravager and then commons basically.) So if I trade towards affinity I can get a Mox Opal free version for what I have.

I also have most of the modern goblin deck that is currently working its way up the format.

The question I have is basically do I go spirits sharing my vials with goblins, or do I go affinity? Either the ravagers or the vials are needed to be able to make the trades.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-07-08 at 04:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

When Gideon died in War of the Spark, I was sad that we'd probably never see another variant of his "Planeswalker becomes creature at the same time" ability again...

Thinking on it, though: he's native to Theros and has quite explicitly gone to its afterlife, Nyx. It is possible to enter (and AFAIK) leave Nyx (though not easily). There has been foreshadowing that we're going back to Theros next. Sparks are part of the soul, not the body.

There is already one variation on Gideon that had a combination of creature-types (slightly) different than "Human Soldier."

This seems tinfoil-hattish, and it probably is, but... is there a possibility he'll come back after all... and gain the Spirit subtype instead of the Human one?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Gideon's character arc is over though. He redeemed Lilli and himself, and now gets his rightful afterlife.

If they do bring him back I want him to be a deity, he was already indestructible.

2WW
    Indestructible
    Can't attack or block alone.
    When a creature etb under your control it gains indestructible until end of turn.
    5/5