New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    You see, Sorin thought he returned home to Innistrad. Instead, it was a cunning ruse by Valki (who is secretly Nahiri in disguise). Sorin (who is secretly Domri Rade in disguise) is going to get a rude shock when he runs into Tibalt (who is Tibalt in disguise) on his way to do Important Gruul Vampire Things, like making a new Avacyn (who will be played by Gerrard). Meanwhile, Niko Aris is secretly glad that their long-con of being Nicol Bolas is over, and Tyvar is completely oblivious to all of this.

Welcome to the multiverse, son daughter kid dragon you know what? Screw it.
    This would be my favorite of all plots ever. Like a scene out of Dr. Mcninja.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

By the way, how long has Tyvar been a 'walker? Because if his spark had ignited before like a year ago, he would have been part of the War of the Spark, and DEFINITELY would have known. Heck, Teyo felt the beacon even before igniting.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    By the way, how long has Tyvar been a 'walker? Because if his spark had ignited before like a year ago, he would have been part of the War of the Spark, and DEFINITELY would have known. Heck, Teyo felt the beacon even before igniting.
    The general understanding is that not every walker and potential walker was included in the Beacon. Garruk wasn't for example, since he'd kill too many of the walkers himself.

Based on his wording, Tyvar has been a walker for probably like, a couple months at most.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ettin in the Playground

Any opinions on this thing I made?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #1265

It uses ante so it is without any worth.

I'm also not sure it's all that good. Most of the time all this does is steal an enchantment and that's it.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Any opinions on this thing I made?
    I get why you've included the ante stuff, but I'd try to find a different way to do. Say something like "Choose an ongoing scheme. That scheme's owner abandons it, then you may set in motion a copy of that scheme". Sure you might need to define copying schemes in the rules, but you are doing that for emblems already.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

7. - Top - End - #1267

New story!

Cutting through Tibalt's... self agrandizing "I'm not owned I'm not owned" routine, there is some important things to glean from this story.

1: Koll is dead rip Koll v_v
    2: Vorinclex totally ****ing Black Oil'd Tibalt and the only reason he's not a meat puppet right now is because Vorinclex is juuust aware enough to be like "yo do this for me or I'll ****ing kill you" and that's wonderful because it means Tibalt got outsmarted by a barely sentient being.
    3: He truly, truly, genuinely believes he's got this in the bag.

Also: Did you know MTG Japan has cool manga versions of each story, starting with Ixalan? The Zendikar Rising story just came out and it rules!

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

I did not know that. it also looks really cute! It's a shame I only speak a couple words of japanese, but I was already working on fixing that, so I suppose this is just another reason to do so.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ettin in the Playground

Jace is so aggressively pretty in that style.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

10. - Top - End - #1270

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    I did not know that. it also looks really cute! It's a shame I only speak a couple words of japanese, but I was already working on fixing that, so I suppose this is just another reason to do so.
    Luckily, these are all stories we know the story OF, so I'm sure it is fine. And got they really are cute, even things like "and then Dovin Baan got shuriken thrown in his eye by Lazav".

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Jace is so aggressively pretty in that style.
    The person who draws these has to really like Jace because he is such a soft and cute boy it is unbelievable.

It fits him, lets not beat around the bush here, but god is it great.

They also do great villains, which made the Rise of Zendikar story so fun. My girlfriend's a big fan of Nahiri you see, and I'm a big fan of Nissa. So we get a lot of very good art from that one

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Banned

What is the black oil nowadays? Wasn't it just glistening oil?

12. - Top - End - #1272

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    What is the black oil nowadays? Wasn't it just glistening oil?
    That's on me I just forgot it is called glistening oil. It's probably the same thing, with the caveat that it's currently not acting on Tibalt until Vorinclex decides it's time to compleat him.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Do you guys know if most cards of the new set has being spoiled by now?

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Do you guys know if most cards of the new set has being spoiled by now?
    They all have.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That's on me I just forgot it is called glistening oil. It's probably the same thing, with the caveat that it's currently not acting on Tibalt until Vorinclex decides it's time to compleat him.
    I seem to remember its not actually oil but made of nanomachines, sort of like flowstone, right? Maaan I read those books so long ago x__x

16. - Top - End - #1276

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    I seem to remember its not actually oil but made of nanomachines, sort of like flowstone, right? Maaan I read those books so long ago x__x
    I mean it's a viscous black substance that does not mix with water. The atomic structure of it being nanomachines doesn't change the fact that functionally, it may as well be oil.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

They all have.
    Disappointing. I was hoping to make a nice dwarf deck to replace my knights when they fall out of standard. But looking through the Kaldheim cards... I can see a strategy here but I can tell you now it's not going to be good. Way too fragile, too slow with a 3 drop Wrath of God on the table, and reliant on Boast which all seem pretty overpriced to me.

Ahh well, guess I'll go looking for something else.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh. The whole set got spoiled? Now I get to look and be disappointed by the lack of playable snow hate.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    Ugh. The whole set got spoiled? Now I get to look and be disappointed by the lack of playable snow hate.
    Reidane is playable (good, even!) and he hates on snow.

Too bad those facts aren't connected.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

How harsh of snow hate? Like
    "1R
    Sorcery
    Destroy target nonbasic or snowland. It's controller searches for a nonsnow basic and puts it into play tapped. Draw a card."

Or
    "RRR
    Enchantment
    Whenever a snowland is tapped its owner takes 1 damage?"

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    How harsh of snow hate? Like
    "1R
    Sorcery
    Destroy target nonbasic or snowland. It's controller searches for a nonsnow basic and puts it into play tapped. Draw a card."

Or
    "RRR
    Enchantment
    Whenever a snowland is tapped its owner takes 1 damage?"
    He makes your opponents' enter tapped. That's all.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2021-01-21 at 02:12 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

22. - Top - End - #1282

The set didn't get spoiled, the cards are just now all officially revealed. If that was your concern anyway.

And yeah as others have said, there is really only one snow hate card. Sorry!

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

The set didn't get spoiled, the cards are just now all officially revealed.
    It's literally called "spoiler season" because, official or not, they're spoilers.

They're just not leaks.

Incidentally, I've never understood obsessive spoiler-avoidance or the connected claim that there's "no point" to watching something if you know what happens. Like... surprise and mystery are just two emotions from among at least a couple dozen!
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2021-01-21 at 03:20 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

He makes your opponents' enter tapped. That's all.
    My response was to Techwarrior on what Techwarrior considers playable snow hate.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

I was hoping for something playable enough that I'm no longer required to play snow basics in Modern, Legacy, etc without leaking a ton of information. Going fetch Island > Ponder feels bad when it means I've given my opponent the information that I'm not a specific archetype without that's basic land being relevant.

Basically, I want to play non-snow lands in my non-snow decks without the information being free. If there was extended format payable snow hate that would be different.

26. - Top - End - #1286

New Magic story! This one is more of a side story than the main plot; Nadja the Valkryie has made it her life's goal to take Arni Brokenbrow to Starnheim when he dies. The problem is that he keeps escaping death by the skin of his teeth and it is starting to ERK her, immensely.

This is genuinely a really funny story, but with a nice little tinge of heartwarming at the end. Highly encourage you read it.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

New Magic story! This one is more of a side story than the main plot; Nadja the Valkryie has made it her life's goal to take Arni Brokenbrow to Starnheim when he dies. The problem is that he keeps escaping death by the skin of his teeth and it is starting to ERK her, immensely.

This is genuinely a really funny story, but with a nice little tinge of heartwarming at the end. Highly encourage you read it.
    Honestly yeah, of the Kaldheim set this has been my favorite short released.

Which has started to enforce a feeling I’ve been getting over the last month of reading magic stuff, that the story is at its best when it doesn’t focus on the Planeswalkers.

But that might just be because so far the best MTG story I’ve read has been Chainer’s Torment. Which is the only one I’ve read so far I’d consider a legitimately good read. Without putting a *for a card game.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2021-01-23 at 11:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I was hoping for something playable enough that I'm no longer required to play snow basics in Modern, Legacy, etc without leaking a ton of information. Going fetch Island > Ponder feels bad when it means I've given my opponent the information that I'm not a specific archetype without that's basic land being relevant.

Basically, I want to play non-snow lands in my non-snow decks without the information being free. If there was extended format payable snow hate that would be different.
    Steam blast
    R
    Instant
    Counter target spell cast using snow mana, or destroy target snow permanent.
    "As Andre Garfield intended."

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Honestly yeah, of the Kaldheim set this has been my favorite short released.

Which has started to enforce a feeling I’ve been getting over the last month of reading magic stuff, that the story is at its best when it doesn’t focus on the Planeswalkers.

But that might just be because so far the best MTG story I’ve read has been Chainer’s Torment. Which is the only one I’ve read so far I’d consider a legitimately good read. Without putting a *for a card game.
    Oh? I personally liked the Artifact Block, specially the second one. But yeah, Torment is awesome; Chainer is such an underrated character. Kamahl can go screw himself.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ettin in the Playground

The game "Baba is You" has a feature roughly equivalent to Rule 103.2 with it's usage of the word "not"
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.