New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    The game "Baba is You" has a feature roughly equivalent to Rule 103.2 with it's usage of the word "not"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule 103.2
    After the starting player has been determined, each player shuffles their deck so that the cards are in a random order. Each player may then shuffle or cut their opponents’ decks. The players’ decks become their libraries.
    You're... going to have to explain that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    You're... going to have to explain that one.
    The explanation is that I meant 101.2

Sorry.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

So Kaldheim prerelease is out how are people liking it?

Gotta say, after the third time I watching someone use Tibalt's Trickery shenanigans it's kinda lost its luster.

But on the plus side, my Dwarf deck is behaving respectably. I'll need to fine tune it, and it will probably never be actually a good deck. But combining Magda, seven dwarves, colossal plow, and embercleave has been kinda amusing. And with Showdown of the Skalds I have -some- answer against board wipes. I doubt it'll hold up against Rogues or Mono-Red or Adventure though.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Dienekes : I dont know since I dont play MTG online and my cards didnt arrive yet.

Not looking foward to EDH storm deck return on popularity with those two new mono-red gods however

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Colossus in the Playground

The final Kaldheim story is here! (There will be one more side chapter but this is it for the main plot)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Doomskar is averted, Kaya makes a new friend, and um... the Phyrexians now have some raw, liquid Tyrite... so the juice that makes the gods what they are. Also hey look it was Vorinclex, like I said.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-02-03 at 01:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The final Kaldheim story is here! (There will be one more side chapter but this is it for the main plot)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Doomskar is averted, Kaya makes a new friend, and um... the Phyrexians now have some raw, liquid Tyrite... so the juice that makes the gods what they are. Also hey look it was Vorinclex, like I said.
    It’s on mtg official website? Those stories I mean. I can’t take the time to read them right now since I’m at work sigh...

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Story spoiler
    Show
    Oh no, I foresee a creature typeline in the future: Phyrexian God

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Show
    Show
    Nah. I think we'll see the typeline "Legendary Creature - Elder Phyrexian" combined with ability-text that includes "this creature is also a Praetor, God, and Eldrazi"

Something along those lines, anyway.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    It’s on mtg official website? Those stories I mean. I can’t take the time to read them right now since I’m at work sigh...
    They are. I should start linking the stories with my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Y U P.

Show
    Nah. I think we'll see the typeline "Legendary Creature - Elder Phyrexian" combined with ability-text that includes "this creature is also a Praetor, God, and Eldrazi"

Something along those lines, anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *baps with a newspaper*

Tyrite Sanctum literally makes things gods. It'll make them gods over Praetor.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Banned

So, ban Tybalt's Trickery, yes or no?

11. - Top - End - #1301

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    It's a meme deck, like Gyruda combo when Ikoria first came out. At worst, it might get a BO1 ban like Nexus of Fate did back in the day, but I think the hype will die down.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Trickery is too good for modern, too bad for everything else imo. It needs cascade to be really good, but is inferior to legacy combo or control.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

I hoenstly don't think Trickery is too good for Modern. FoN, Thoughtseize, and company 100% wreck that deck. I'd be more concerned about it in Standard where a T2 Dream Trawler or Ugin is backbreaking and there isn't great 1 mana disruption for it.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    I hoenstly don't think Trickery is too good for Modern. FoN, Thoughtseize, and company 100% wreck that deck. I'd be more concerned about it in Standard where a T2 Dream Trawler or Ugin is backbreaking and there isn't great 1 mana disruption for it.
    I don't think it is consistent enough to be good in standard. The modern version runs effectively 16 copies due to cascade, and hitting the cascade spell with the trickery to go off. The standard version you need to draw 1, have something cheap to counter and something to put in play. 20% of the time it will work everytime kind of deck.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    In standard we have enough discard, counterspells, and edicts to mess with it. In a meta without Tergrid and Kroxa it might be stronger, but as it is there is enough incidental disruption. I'm not saying it isn't good, but it is too inconsistent to be banworthy. Honestly, things seem healthier than they've been in a while, with Trickery being the only card people seem eager to ban and it not quite being on that level.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

I made a deck.

https://deckstats.net/decks/172601/1...gus-amongus/en

Based on my current Arena Historic deck. It does pretty well in Historic, but Modern is a very different format I believe.

Still totally want to take it to a Modern tourney some time because it is really fun to play and I just wanna see if I get totally stomped or win a few games.

I miss playing Magic in person.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here, but I've been working on a very goofy cube recently.

Afternoon Delight, where the only CMCs allowed are 2, 3, and 7.

I've only drafted it once, but it was pretty fun - the biggest issue is that it's really skewed towards aggro at the moment, and it doesn't have enough removal in it. I'm probably going to overhaul the whole thing soon-ish... but, hey, if anyone wants something Magic-related to look at while we're all locked up, be my guest!
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here, but I've been working on a very goofy cube recently.

Afternoon Delight, where the only CMCs allowed are 2, 3, and 7.

I've only drafted it once, but it was pretty fun - the biggest issue is that it's really skewed towards aggro at the moment, and it doesn't have enough removal in it. I'm probably going to overhaul the whole thing soon-ish... but, hey, if anyone wants something Magic-related to look at while we're all locked up, be my guest!
    It's a cool one! There might be too much low CMC based card draw, like Mentor of The Meek and Lifecrafter Bestiary which let aggro keep going forever.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    For balance? No.

For aggravation? Yeah sure.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2021-02-06 at 09:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

So I've built (and started playing) a rather... goofy brawl deck. The commander is Cosima, God of the Voyage; although it would be more accurate to say that The Omenkeel is the actual commander. It is goofy because there are about four actual creature cards in the deck including Cosima. There are a fair few vehicles, and a handful of token generators. It mostly ends up being a control deck, but if I can swing with the Omenkeel (or a few other vehicles) I typically don't have to worry too much about mana issues, since I can just play my opponent's lands. It's just weird, but fun at the same time.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ettin in the Playground

You know what's funny? Using either a Damping Sphere or an opponent's God-pharaoh's Statue (or similar effect) to spend 7+ snow mana on Blood in the Snow, bringing back a Platinum Angel.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

You know what's funny? Using either a Damping Sphere or an opponent's God-pharaoh's Statue (or similar effect) to spend 7+ snow mana on Blood in the Snow, bringing back a Platinum Angel.
    You use a control or ramp deck to have that many expensive in mana cards?

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Banned

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...d-announcement

Announcement Date: February 15, 2021

Historic:

• Omnath, Locus of Creation is banned (from suspended).
    • Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath is banned.

Pioneer:

• Balustrade Spy is banned.
    • Teferi, Time Raveler is banned.
    • Undercity Informer is banned.
    • Wilderness Reclamation is banned.

Modern:

• Field of the Dead is banned.
    • Mystic Sanctuary is banned.
    • Simian Spirit Guide is banned.
    • Tibalt's Trickery is banned.

Legacy:

• Arcum's Astrolabe is banned.
    • Dreadhorde Arcanist is banned.
    • Oko, Thief of Crowns is banned.

Vintage:
    • Lurrus of the Dream-Den is unbanned.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ettin in the Playground

And the life cycle of Oko is complete.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    And the life cycle of Oko is complete.
    Hey now. Oko hasn't been banned in Commander yet.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Rip Ad Nauseum. Other than that though I'm actually excited to play most of these formats again.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Is there a mtg card especially themed about confusing identities? I know a few clones card like Stolen Identity or Identity Thief but I don’t know à card about mixing identity

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Is there a mtg card especially themed about confusing identities? I know a few clones card like Stolen Identity or Identity Thief but I don’t know à card about mixing identity
    The Ninjutsu mechanic is exactly this, a ninja disguised as the other thing (meaning a ninja in an emrakul costume causes 6 permanents to sacrifice themselves.)

29. - Top - End - #1319

*kicks down door*
    Pack your bags kids! We're goin' to SCHOOL!!

Breakdown:
    • The set seems like it will be faction based, with Strixhaven U being subdivided into five enemy colored colleges.
    • We get enemy colored commands!
    • The schools are:
    • Lorehold (Boros) history majors
    • Prismari (Izzet) art students
    • Quandarix (Simic) NERDS! I mean MtG players. I mean math kids.
    • Silverquill (Orzhov) Lit majors
    • Witherbloom (Golgari) From the article: "Goth bio majors"
    • The Masterpiece-like (but emphatically not masterpiece) Mystical Archive, which will have instants and sorceries from across magics history. They will not necessarily be standard legal, but you can play them in draft, most will be on Arena, and there is one in every pack.
    • Commander 2021 will be Stryxhaven themed, and there will be a deck for each school.
    • They've revealed the packaging, and from it we can tell that there will be loxodon, bear-people, dryads(?), aven, and a humanoid race with fangs (orcs?).
    • Also from the packaging: The twins are back! I really hope they got that athletic scholarship they were trying out for on Kylem.
    • Apparently, they are trying to go green with commander packaging, which is nice.
    • They gave us a cute little map.
    Spoiler: undefined
    Show
    Last edited by Personification; 2021-02-18 at 09:24 PM.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ettin in the Playground

Quandrix is me. I am in Quandrix.