New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Need a character background written up?

Hi Tawmis --

Name: Leif Skyfall
    Setting: Forgotten Realms
    Class: Circle of Stars Druid 3
    Race: Wood Elf
    Background: Outlander
    Alignment: Neutral
    Feat: Fey Touched
    Str 9, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 10.

Character concept: Life has gone comically wrong for Leif. The last time he was at the Witchlight Carnival (in the Wild Beyond the Witchlight module) he did not have a ticket and a curse shrunk his manhood three inches shorter! Some time after that, his boyfriend Idris ran off with a satyr named "Mr. Big." Leif returned to the carnival hoping to cheer himself up and recover what he lost years before. Though it is an embarrassing thing to talk about!
    Last edited by Ogre Mage; 2021-10-10 at 05:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Barebarian View Post
    Reposting this all in one place, as requested!
    Tried to send you a message but getting:
    Barebarian has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

So - what I was trying to ask - does this character have a name? Or did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre Mage View Post
    Hi Tawmis --

Character concept: Life has gone comically wrong for Leif. The last time he was at the Witchlight Carnival (in the Wild Beyond the Witchlight module) he did not have a ticket and a curse shrunk his manhood three inches shorter! Some time after that, his boyfriend Idris ran off with a satyr named "Mr. Big." Leif returned to the carnival hoping to cheer himself up and recover what he lost years before. Though it is an embarrassing thing to talk about!
    Consider it added - am I to assume, based on the concept there's a little (no pun intended) comedy at play? :)
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

3. - Top - End - #903
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Consider it added - am I to assume, based on the concept there's a little (no pun intended) comedy at play? :)

Yes. I am thinking A Midsummer Nights Dream vibe but also a bit of the horror of Changeling: the Lost. I think it was Carol Burnett who once said that our most comedic experiences often felt painful and/or difficult while they were happening.

One thing I forgot to mention -- Leif's ex-boyfriend Idris is also a wood elf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling:_The_Lost
    Last edited by Ogre Mage; 2021-10-10 at 04:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Name Rumil male eladrin bladesong wizard the concept I have right now is he was exiled from the feywild to the mortal realm.

5. - Top - End - #905

Quote Originally Posted by Sasbuzzkill View Post
    Name Rumil male eladrin bladesong wizard the concept I have right now is he was exiled from the feywild to the mortal realm.
    Consider it added!

Quote Originally Posted by Julan Holtar View Post
    Yeah I really liked what are you doing for character background; btw, how much do you offer?
    How much do I offer? I do these for free. But I take donations (see my signature for more). But if anyone donates I ask that they do it AFTER I've written the background. :)

I felt like I had a pretty wide field to play with here.
    So a few fun things to point out as "Easter Eggs" that I often do when I write these.
    I introduce a Pixie named "Metalsing" - this is a double reference. First, heavy metal is my preference of music. (Metal Sing). But secondly, since the Monster Manual has the Pixie as a female with green skin, I thought it'd be fun to reference "Petalwing" from ElfQuest (if you're not familiar with the comic, I strongly STRONGLY recommend the original 20 issues). So when I needed the name "Metalsing" was a spin on "Petalwing."
    Second, Metalsing is heard singing a song - the song she's singing is the lyrics from a song called "Edge of Thorns" by Savatage.
    I used this for a number of reasons - because of the Eladrin thing with seasons - I wanted something with "seasons" in it.
    Also Savatage is my favorite band ever, and the album and song "Edge of Thorns" is pretty amazing.
    Also, Criss Oliva who was the guitarist of Savatage - was killed October 17, 1993 - so I typically spend a week just talking about Savatage (on the day of his birth and death, and really any time anyone listens).
    The location of the river mentioned is "at the edge of Thorn River" - this is a nod to the same song "Edge of Thorns"
    Skraggy's Tomb is mentioned - and this is also a reference to the title of a Savatage song.
    The thing the "enemy" of the story (don't want to spoil it) is from the Savatage song "By The Grace of the Witch."
    Anyway - with all of that said, enjoy - and I'd love ANY feedback you have for me - good, bad, whatever.
    It all helps me grow - and it also keeps the thread bumped and alive. So it's always appreciated.
    ======================================

It is the Eladrin way is to surround ourselves in the things of beauty found within the Feywild; but like the changing seasons, so to, does our mind sway. From the joy of Spring, to the intense fiery heat of Summer, to the feelings of goodwill during the Autumn, where we avoid violence when possible, to the melancholy chill of the Winter breeze.

My name is Rumil, and the Feywild was once my home.

I say once, because I’ve been exiled – now to the plane of Mortals.

I reflect back on how I got here and I know I regret nothing. I’d make all the same choices I’d made before that led to my exile.

It’d been a Spring like any other. The chill of Winter’s touch had faded; the snow, now melted turned to water to feed the plants and give life to the streams and rivers again. This led to the blooming of the wild flowers all across the land that filled the air with their beautiful scent. Indeed, Spring was the Season of New Beginnings.

And for me, the Season of an Ending.

I’d been walking with Korrus – you must know Korrus to truly understand Korrus. He’s a Korred – and to take his own words (a jest he commonly repeats to anyone who bends an ear to him) – “You should have seen me mother! Most beautiful dwarven lass in all the Planes! And me father, he was a Satyr who could charm the pants of any Deity!”

In truth, Korrus was not part Dwarf – part Satyr. But for those unfamiliar to what Korred look like; that may be perhaps the best way to describe them. Short, stout, muscular, their upper torso is humanoid, with a face and beard that resembled common dwarves; but their bottom torso was that of a two legged goat.

Korrus was unlike any other Korred – yes, he loved to dance and play – but he was often far more crass, brash, and forward than most (which sometimes made me wonder if that joke he told about his mother and father just might be true – because he certainly had the self-control of Satyr at times). Korrus – in short – was the Feywild defined in a single being; coursing with magical energies and absolutely wild and shifting at all times.

We had just reached the edge of the forever green woods of Aeternum, when Korrus had just finished wrapping up his (I am quite positively – slightly exaggerated) story of his latest conquest that included the Dryad Praesidiumili, of the Lost Wood. Up ahead, I could hear the overly loud singing of the very person I was here to see.
    Metalsing.

Metalsing was a Pixie who was named as such, due to the metallic color of her wings, and her passion for singing. Metalsing – like all Pixies, had the youthful features of an Elven child – and while the skin tone of Pixies varied – with some, like my own people, able to shift their skin tone – Metalsing always maintained a green skin tone, with fiery red hair (to match her fiery attitude, no doubt). With a gossamer clothing, she was quite a sight to behold.

She was – naturally – singing as we were approaching her.

“A study made of winter, of summers long ago, and dreams that used to glitter, safely now hidden under snow, And so we end – Oh!” Metalsing looked up, perched on a log. “I didn’t hear you. Which is surprising,” she looked at Korrus, “because he usually never stops yapping.”

“You’re a fine one to talk!” Korrus barked back. “We could hear your singing all the way back from Krestadin!”

“And it sounds beautiful,” Metalsing pouted, folding her arms across her chest.

These two bickered all the time – but in truth, there was a great love between them. Nothing romantic. Simply a mutual respect. Metalsing loved Korrus’ story telling while Korrus actually loved Metalsing’s voice.

“All right you two,” I sighed. I sat down next to Metalsing and looked over at her. “Have you heard or seen anything?”

“Yes,” she turned and looked at me, a dark expression on her face. I was taken aback, because I’d been doing my patrols for months now, and Metalsing never had anything to report. I half expected, after a moment that she was going to make a joke about Korrus being the problem, but when her expression did not lighten up, I knew she was serious.

“What have you seen?” I asked.

“A hag,” Metalsing whispered. “A Green Hag.”

“This close to Aeternum?” I asked, shocked.

“And you – singing at the top of your lungs!” Korrus muttered loud enough to be heard, his magical beard slithering around like a snake.

Metalsing scoffed, “I can turn invisible.”

“And most Hags have the power to see through that,” Korrus growled. “You’re going to get yourself killed.”

“Easy, easy,” I whispered putting my hands between them to keep them apart. “Where did you see this hag?”

“Near Skraggy’s Tomb,” she replied. “At the edge of Thorn Lake.”

“I know where it is,” I said, drawing my sword. I turned to Korrus, “You don’t have to –“

But he stopped me.

“I’m coming with you,” he said, matter-of-factly.

“Fine, follow me,” I whispered, and slowly he and I made our way towards Thorn Lake.

Skraggy had been a human; one of the few to enter the Feywild. He was a great warrior, admired by many; but the Feywild magic eventually began to impact his sanity. He was soon caught up in the wild changes of the Feywild, and rapidly went from great, esteemed warrior, to hopeless drunk – which in the end, proved to be his demise; poisoned by the alcohol he’d consumed so much of. Regardless, his time before his fall into madness – he had been a great warrior for the Feywild, and so his tomb was erected here at Thorn Lake, where he would often come to speak to the Dryad every Dawn of the morning.

As we reached Thorn Lake – both Korrus and I noticed something immediately.

“Why are there no birds chirping?” Korrus whispered. “Something is definitely off.”

Even Nature knew when a hag was present and to remain silent. Hags were the embodiment of evil, inside and out. They thrived not so much in killing – but suffering. The longer their victims suffered, all the better to the hag; especially if the suffering was done through an act of deception. There was a story that’s been told for generations of how a cult had killed a Dryad of the Woods as well as the Unicorn of the Woods; and a Green Hag was drawn to the scene of this great tragedy – and took on the disguise of the Dryad and tricked a group of adventurers into slaying Centaurs of the Woods, by using her foul illusions to make them appear as demons to the adventuring party; and once the demons had been slain, she revealed the truth of what they’d done. This was the type of depravity and horror hags thrived on.

As we scouted the area, we had found evidence of a hag’s presence; where plants had mysteriously rotted and died; touch by the foul magics of a hag who despise all things beautiful.

For weeks, we’d come back and Metalsing reported seeing the hag, and we’d go to Thorn Lake and find evidence of the hag’s presence; but never found the hag itself.

One week, as we approached Aeternum, I expected to hear Metalsing’s voice, as we’d always had; but this time there was silence. Could it be that the hag was near Metalsing and her fellow Pixie’s home? Korrus and I began moving quietly forward – and like the times down and Thorn Lake, the forest was eerily quiet. Despite it still being Spring, there was a chill of Winter’s touch – and a tremendous sadness that pounded over us both, like a tsunami wave of endless grief.

And soon it’d become clear as to why.

Metalsing’s body was pinned to an oak tree – spikes driven through her hands and chest. Her wings pried off her dead body.

Pixie Wings were used for a number of spell components, such as Dust of Disappearance; but a many other great, darker magics. It was clear who had done this.

I heard Korrus whisper, “Don’t do anything-“

But it was already too late. I quickly drew my swords and rapidly made my way towards Thorn Lake where we’d always seen evidence of the hag – I suddenly realized where the hag had been hiding. Reaching Skraggy’s Tomb, I ripped open the door and immediately could smell foul magic. The damn hag had used the tomb as her home; drawn here by a great fallen hero, who died due to his own demons from within the bottle.

“Show yourself,” I howled as my skin turned the fiery red of Summer.

“Alone in the darkness,” a voice hissed from the shadows, “lonely and scared; you’re in fear of your life. Deadly witch’s crystal sensing your fears! My spell is cast upon you, my little dear!”

And at that moment, a spell came from the far left corner of the tomb – and that was all I had needed. Diving behind the sarcophagus, the spell shattered the corner – but now I knew where the hag was. My flesh and steel shining as bright as the day breaking sun I rushed forward and plunged my blade deep into her. Her invisibility crackled, and faded, and her horrified eyes peered at me.

This wasn’t enough.

While she was still alive, I wanted to make her suffer. So I dismembered her, while she was alive. She screamed at first – but in the end she laughed.

And I knew why.

She’d made me go to a place just as dark as her own soul.

Because of this, I was exiled. Though I had killed a Hag that had, upon investigating, murdered many; it was how I’d lost control of myself. How I embraced a darkness that I did not know existed within me.

And now, here I am – standing on a dusty road, in the Plane of Mortals, hoping to find my place in this world.
    Last edited by Tawmis; 2021-10-20 at 11:12 PM.
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

6. - Top - End - #906
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

I loved the one you wrote for Rumil so if you are up for it I have another for you. Kvol is a lizardfolk death cleric who has lived as a hermit taking care of ruins in the mountains for the raven queen so he doesn't know the etiquette of the civilized world.

7. - Top - End - #907

ClericGuy

So, you've already done one for me, and I loved it so much that I'd love one done for my newest character, Darren!

Name: Darren
    Setting: New Orc City
    Class: Fighter (Rune Knight) 8
    Race: Goliath
    Background: Sailor
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Feat: Tavern Brawler, Brawny
    Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 12.

Darren is a character who came to New Orc City because his people were basically going to be put into work houses, so he came from across the sea at the age of 12 to help pay for his family's freedom, and he's been here for the past 4 years. I kinda based the backstory on the IRL Irish Diaspora and work houses; won't go into too much detail regarding that, but I'm just providing that basis. When he got here, he was taught to fight by the toughest SOB in New Orc City, Garkag, who was a bouncer at a local establishment.

So, he basically was a dock worker and sailor for hire up until he joined up with the group, at which point they found out that he's a hard drinking sailor with a heart of gold, but is constantly trying to fight something bigger. He can be impulsive, but family always comes first, and he's willing to fight and die to protect his family, both by blood and by choice.

I normally play him as kind of a comic relief, but there's always a hint of quiet tragedy in the character because he's literally 16, and he's supporting a family of 4 from a war torn country on his adventuring money. Because of that upbringing, he didn't exactly know what he wants, because he's never been given the chance to figure it out because of all of the expectations foisted upon him.

He's a big wrestler. Wrestled a 6 headed shark, a dragon, and effectively C'thulu. At this point, I play him more as a superhero in a gritty "Gangs of New York" setting, and it's so much fun for everyone involved.

Oh, and the character concept was originally "Groundskeeper Willie."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In a mountain after a cave-in.

MY STATS OFF THE ELITE ARRAY:
    Str: 14 Dex: 8 Con: 12 Int: 15 Wis: 10 Cha: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Vrock_Summoner View Post
    I wish I had you for a DM...
    Please critique my 5e Beguiler Wizard subclass!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...izard-Subclass

8. - Top - End - #908

I loved the one you wrote for Rumil so if you are up for it I have another for you. Kvol is a lizardfolk death cleric who has lived as a hermit taking care of ruins in the mountains for the raven queen so he doesn't know the etiquette of the civilized world.
    Consider it added!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyBlack View Post
    So, you've already done one for me, and I loved it so much that I'd love one done for my newest character, Darren!

Darren is a character who came to New Orc City because his people were basically going to be put into work houses, so he came from across the sea at the age of 12 to help pay for his family's freedom, and he's been here for the past 4 years. I kinda based the backstory on the IRL Irish Diaspora and work houses; won't go into too much detail regarding that, but I'm just providing that basis. When he got here, he was taught to fight by the toughest SOB in New Orc City, Garkag, who was a bouncer at a local establishment.

So, he basically was a dock worker and sailor for hire up until he joined up with the group, at which point they found out that he's a hard drinking sailor with a heart of gold, but is constantly trying to fight something bigger. He can be impulsive, but family always comes first, and he's willing to fight and die to protect his family, both by blood and by choice.

I normally play him as kind of a comic relief, but there's always a hint of quiet tragedy in the character because he's literally 16, and he's supporting a family of 4 from a war torn country on his adventuring money. Because of that upbringing, he didn't exactly know what he wants, because he's never been given the chance to figure it out because of all of the expectations foisted upon him.

He's a big wrestler. Wrestled a 6 headed shark, a dragon, and effectively C'thulu. At this point, I play him more as a superhero in a gritty "Gangs of New York" setting, and it's so much fun for everyone involved.

Consider it added.

Quote Originally Posted by javianhalt View Post
    Sure, will do!
    I do have some NPCs that could use some help with a richer backstory if you find yourself with free time and nothing to do with it

The world used is Forgotten Realms. There is this guy (an oath of conquest paladin) who is on a "personal crusade" to get rid of mages who are (in his eyes) "out of control and abusing their power for selfish needs". You see, he is not an EVIL TO THE CORE kind of guy, I was thinking more of a "Lawful Neutral" kind of alignment. He is just someone who doesn't trust spellcasters (I didn't think about the "why" yet, but definitely something to do with a bad experience in his past).
    His biggest flaw is that he enjoys himself in combat a little too much. He is not satisfied in just defeating enemies, he likes to instill FEAR into their minds and crush them when their spirits are already broken. He once commanded a legion of soldiers but was deemed too extreme and forced into exile. Nevertheless, he continues on his personal mission, feeling now more than ever that the world is misguided and needs a firm hand (probably his) to guide it back into a path that doesn't involve chaos and corruption.

That's all I have for concrete thoughts. For a less concrete part, I was considering the idea of his race being an Aasimar. Maybe figuring out this origin was the spark for the start of his personal quest on maintaining order, but despite the supposedly good intentions and guidance of his celestial guide, the paladins' actions fall more into a grey area where people are not really sure anymore if he is actually a good influence or just a lesser evil who takes on bigger evils and therefore are excused for some of his transgressions.
    A good old human is also an option. I wouldn't have a lot to go on here based on race alone if he is Human, but the good part is that it's a blank canvas for anything to be added.
    Kept it kind of short, because it was for an NPC and didn't want to go too deep.
    Wanted to form that foundation, you'd wanted about his dislike for magic users.
    And went with Aasimar because that made it much easier for the "motive"... and whether he even might be 100% sane.
    Anyway, enjoy!
    ===================================

Look at me.

Most can’t see it – but I can feel it.

It’s inside me – coursing through my veins.

It’s something I never had a choice in. Somewhere down my bloodline, some Angelic being decided he or she loved or lusted after some mortal in my family tree – and introduced this damn angelic bloodline into my veins.

Not everyone who is born from then on becomes what I am – an Aasimar – born to serve as “champions of the gods” and my birth “hailed as a blessed event.”

Hardly.

Maybe it’s the “angelic blood” that pounds through my veins, mixed with my “mortal” blood that makes me think the way I do… But I’ve seen too many mortals – Wizards, Mages, Warlocks, Sorcerers – using their magic haphazardly.

Magic, in of itself, is a chaotic energy. It’s not natural for Mortals to be wielding it. This is why Wizards spend years learning it. This is why Warlocks “take the short cut” and often make pact with demons and the like, to gain this magical power far more quickly. And then there are Sorcerers – who like the Aasimar – had some damn powerful being muck with their blood line, introducing an inherently magical gene into their bloodline.

Too many humans – and half breeds – eventually find themselves overcome by the power of magic; short life span, powerful magic, extending their life force through unnatural means. I wouldn’t say I hate and want to kill every single human and half breed caster I come across.

Just.

Most of them.

Most people fear powerful spellcasters – because they can do a lot of things and hurt a lot of people with a flick of their finger and muttering a bunch of incoherent words. But those are the ones I want to get to. Those are the ones that need to be taught that they can’t possess that kind of power. That power will corrupt them. They need to be stopped.

This made me fearless. I thrived on battles where powerful mages cowered behind a row of soldiers. I’d cut down all those who stood between me and the Mage – and when I got to the Mage, it wasn’t just about killing them.

It was about breaking their souls and minds. Making them understand what possessing that kind of power does.

This fearlessness eventually allowed me to quickly rise among the ranks of the soldiers I fought with; and eventually got my own squadron to lead. But when the fools cowered at my tactics, which eventually led to the loss of my squadron as well as being exiled from the forces. It’s to be expected. They were mostly humans, after all.

Ironically, no one ever said I was evil – but nor were they ever certain I was good.

To be honest…

I am not sure either. This damn half breed blood in my veins, sometimes makes me feel like even my own mind is as much a hybrid as I am.

Hi Tawmis --

I am thinking A Midsummer Nights Dream vibe but also a bit of the horror of Changeling: the Lost. I think it was Carol Burnett who once said that our most comedic experiences often felt painful and/or difficult while they were happening.

One thing I forgot to mention -- Leif's ex-boyfriend Idris is also a wood elf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling:_The_Lost
    This is probably way past due. :) My apologies, life with the wife's health (for the downside of things) continues; but the plus side, I am DMing a mess of D&D games, and playing in quite a few (the escape is nice!) - But finally had some spare time to get back and give another swing at maybe some of these pending ones.
    I've not played the Witchlight game (all of the games I DM are homebrew world/setting) and not played in it yet.
    So I had to look it up.
    I've enjoyed breaking the barrier of writing guy/guy or girl/girl relationships. This one felt very easy to do.
    Hoping, despite that it's probably too late if you needed this for a game, that you can still enjoy the story!
    As always, would love comments - it helps keep the thread bumped and alive.
    =====

Honestly, I am not even sure why I am here. Was I hoping to see if Idris would be here too? Get a chance to talk to him? See why he left me? It couldn’t be because of what happened a few years ago with that blasted curse. Idris didn’t seem that shallow.

Last time Idris and I had come here, it’d been as our first date. We’d been best friends for a very long time, before I finally had the courage to ask him out; to share how I felt. I was surprised – pleasantly so – that he’d felt the same way but kept his feelings in check. As he’d said – he would rather suffer in silence, and have me as a best friend – then to never have me at all.
    So what changed?

Yes, I was cursed last time we’d come here. It was my idea to come here. Back to this damn place.

The Witchlight Carnival.

I’d thought it would be a fun place to ride the rides together, close, side by side, caught in the revelry of the moment. What I hadn’t realizes is that the Carnival attracted all kinds; from bards trying to sing and strum their instruments louder than one another, to thieves who pick pocket the unaware.

I’d been one of the unaware; so wrapped up in being with Idris, I hadn’t considered securing my coin purse; so once we got to the window to pay, after having stood in line for hours – I’d discovered my coin purse had been stolen. I was embarrassed and devastated – as I’d said I’d be the one to pay for the entrance, so Idris had left his coin purse back in the room we’d gotten inside the town that the carnival was closest to. We’d ridden a stage coach here to the Carnival, because it’d been a fair distance away – so walking back would have just driven my embarrassment and shame deeper and deeper with each step away from the Carnival, and miles and miles away, with each step from the wonderful date I’d planned in my head.

We stepped out of line and I turned to Idris and whispered, “Let’s just sneak in. What could go wrong?”

What could go wrong, indeed?

We’d made it to the Hall of Illusions, and were standing in line for that – trying to be as inconspicuous as we could – but Idris saw the Fortune Teller next to it and had begged to go see what I fortune held. He’d wanted to hear how we would find happiness forever.

Begrudgingly I agreed, and as Idris approached, the Fortune Teller came alive, “Dance and song, you will find happiness! Eternally shall it be yours to have! Hand in hand! Dance and song!”

Idris looked at me, because he’d been holding my hand and took that as an omen.

“There,” I’d said, “now can we go to the Hall of Illusions?”

Suddenly the fortune teller’s eyes turned to me, “Truth revealed, stunted and pealed, a wound never healed.”

Suddenly there was a searing pain in my groin as I collapsed to the floor. Idris looked at me shocked, just as I saw a Satyr grab his hand. “We’ll have someone look after him, you come with me! Share a dance and song! We can get along! Forever, forever, as long as we’re together.”

Two hands suddenly picked me up and dragged me out of the Carnival for not having my butterfly wing tickets. Once outside the pain subsided. I waited all day and night for Idris to come back. To leave the Carnival. If he did – I never saw him. But others I knew claimed to have seen him – happily dancing around with a Satyr who’d introduced himself as “Mr. Big.”

It wasn’t until I got back to our room, after a very lonely walk, that I realized the curse the fortune teller had bestowed – she’d reduced the size of my … Well, you can probably guess.

Like I said – I am not sure why I am here. If I hope to see Idris. If I want things… fixed… between he and I … and things fixed for me. But I am here. At this damn Witchlight Carnival.

Hi! I've FINALLY finished a homebrew archetype for a quickdraw-focused fighter in a samurai game (set in the same world as the other character's you've done for me btw!) who has to go on the run when someone starts killing samurai while in disguise as him.

He's a level 8 character whose fighting style is about storing his attacks, then releasing them as one big attack on his bonus action. But I haven't got any more story ideas in mind for him! Thanks if you're up for this!

Level 3
    Iaijutsu— During your Attack Action you may Concentrate and “store” your Attacks, then unleash them as a single Bonus Action attack on the same turn or in response to being attacked before your next turn (this also costs your Reaction) adding 1d12 extra damage to this single attack per attack stored.
    Your first attack after drawing your weapon also has a crit range of 19-20.

Level 7
    You have Expertise in Insight
    You gain advantage on Initiative once per short rest

Level 10
    You may add your dex mod to katana damage once per turn.
    If you kill a character with an Iaijutsu strike you can apply the same attack roll to another within five feet, up to Dex bonus times.

Level 15
    Action Surge grants you an additional bonus action as well.

Level 18
    Sheathing your sword by spending your Reaction lets you reroll damage after a hit.
    ^here is what I've so far decided on for the archetype. He's a level 11 character with 1 level of rogue (he has expertise in stealth and persuasion!) and 10 in fighter. I haven't decided on a name for him, but he's a human in his early twenties. His parents passed away when he was a teen, so he's grown up as head of his own estate, and he's been a bit...flighty. He has a not undeserved reputation as a lothario (gained his stealth and persuasion skills that way!), which annoys his wives a bit but as long as he doesn't get cut apart by angry fathers they're just glad he makes it home safely.*

Besides that he's a skilled duelist famous for not yet being defeated by man or monster. However! Following an invitation from a beautiful woman (who looks a lot like Lily...Not that he knows her) to a secluded location, he found a dead body, moments before guards burst in and accused him of the crime!

Now he's on the run, along with his wives, who refused to leave him to fend for himself.

*His wives are the retainers he gets from the Noble background, except each has a level of Rogue (taught by Furea) Monk (taught by Lily) and Fighter (taught by Kosai and Senshi!). Incidentally, this game is going to take place a few years in the future of the world Kosai is in, and this guy's wives are her triplet daughters!
    Heh, you gave me a lot of info and not a lot of info at the same time. I wasn't sure how many "wives" this character had - so I worked around it.
    It's not as long as most, but since I've written some pretty lengthy ones for you, I figure you wouldn't mind.
    It was enough to set up what happened (for the background you wanted) and some interesting hooks to go with.
    This like the others is so late, that it's probably of no use, but maybe enjoy the read anyway.
    I'd love to hear comments, because it keeps the thread bumped and alive! So feel free to reply! Good or bad comments welcomed.
    ============================

My name is Gaido from House Seishin, and I am a warrior who lost his family by the age of thirteen, learned to rule my own estate for several years, before being lured into a trap that framed me as a murderer of a local lord named Deddorodo.

I believe I may have been set up by Deddorodo’s eldest son, Azamuku. Azamuku had both wanted the family estate, as well as the heart of Utsukushi-sa. It can not be coincidence that on the night that I was lured out to find the body – the guards timely arrival – had been the very same night, I’d been visiting the estate on trade business and had met Utsukushi-sa there. Though nothing had happened between her and me, she’d given me plenty of attention and none to Azamuku himself. He’d tried, several times, unsuccessfully to put himself into our conversation – and though I welcomed it, she seemed to terminate any conversation he’d started.

Several of my wives fled with me, not because they feared for their lives – in truth, each of them had been trained by the finest Rogues, Monks and Fighters, whose reputations I knew and trusted. They’d fled with me because they said they were bound to me – not in any financial form of way, though they were “mine” by my noble background – the bond I shared with each of them ran much deeper – what some would dare call love.

I’ve sent them away for now. Not because I don’t think they’re capable or that they would slow me down – just the opposite, really. As I said, I had them trained by some of the finest in the land, because I knew something like this might happen one day. Where I would get in trouble or some Lord would come to seek and take my land from me because of my young age. I wanted my wives trained by the best so they could defend themselves if the need arose. So now I have sent them aboard to use those skills in which they were trained to gather information for me – to confirm if it was indeed Azamuku who framed me for the murder of his father.

Azamuku isn’t a fool. After his father’s death, he did not hesitate to take over the estate and triple the amount of guards and demand more from the people who worked the lands around him. If Azamuku is to blame for my dishonor, I will come for him – but it will be difficult.

But he thought he would only have to contend against me. He failed to take my wives into account. Two of which have already infiltrated his circle.

Sorry this is so late, like the last few. Probably too late to use for your character, but perhaps you can still enjoy the background.
    I'd love to hear feedback - as it keeps this thread bumped and alive, and the last few I've written haven't gotten any feedback (I can't tell if that's good or bad....)
    Anyway, enjoy!
    =========================

There in the chilling region of the Spine of the World, far to the north – and just south of the Reghed Glacier a lonely castle, made into the face of the mountain, long forgotten by time lived a single individual.

In his youth, Kvol lived in the Evermoors, among several other Lizardfolk like himself, and for the most part had led most of his life quite directionless, never sure what he was going to do or where he was going to go. When a black dragon named Sha’douse attacked the lizard folk village with the intent to make the Evermoors its new home, Kvol – like the others of his village fought for their homeland. Kvol remembered all of them charging the Black Dragon – and the last thing he’d remembered was the Black Dragon rearing back, its mouth bubbling with acid. Much to Kvol’s surprise, he was still alive when he regained consciousness. Yet somehow he’d found himself in the middle of Lurkwood. Fleeing from Ettins and giants, and confused as to what had happened, Kvol had finally managed to come out just north of Xantharl's Keep. Fleeing to the north – Kvol heard a woman’s voice beckoning to him.

It’d been that voice that led him to the long forgotten ruins of the castle in the face of the wall, pounded by the chilling winds from the Reghed Glacier. As Kvol made his way around inside the ruins of the castle, he saw raven symbols everywhere – and eventually found the ruins of the chapel, where Kvol finally slept peacefully. There he had a vision of a large raven landing next to him and taking the form of a human female. She’d touched his head and mentioned how he’d endured so much pain and misery and fear – just what she had wanted.

When Kvol awoke the next morning, there, leaning against the shattered pillar of the chapel was a beaten breastplate and shield that bore the symbol of the Raven Queen herself – a raven’s head, in profile, facing left. He donned the armor and equipped the shield and realized it’d been his duty to come here and protect this castle… He felt it in his heart, and his very soul, that the cold, biting winds brought the physical pain similar to the pain of the memories that echoed and screamed in the Raven Queen’s own castle in the Shadowfell – and that one day, she would return here perhaps – and it was up to Kvol to ensure that it remained protected.
    Last edited by Tawmis; 2021-12-13 at 03:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateWench

I love it! Especially the names, I'm no good at inventing them XD the twist of some of his wives infiltrating like that is REALLY good, this game never took off but it or another like it may in future, and I'll have this ready to use thanks to you! Thanks very much!
    Official girltoy of O-Chul's harem. Join the harem here! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-harem-sign-up!

Haley and Therkla + Elan = Perfect

10. - Top - End - #910
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey Tawmis! You still around?

I don't need a full background, but any chance you can provide inspiration? See, 3SecondCultist has this awesome pitch for a space-race game in Eberron, and I definitely want to make a PC for it!

Only issue is, I'm just stumping myself when it comes to any details about my PC. I'm just blanking. So, master of words-can you weave me a tale about a space ready adventurer, that I can convert into a character?

If it takes a while, completely understandable-tis the season and all that. But I'd love to see what cool thing you come up with. :)
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

11. - Top - End - #911
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hi Tawmis --

Honestly, I am not even sure why I am here. Was I hoping to see if Idris would be here too? Get a chance to talk to him? See why he left me? It couldn’t be because of what happened a few years ago with that blasted curse. Idris didn’t seem that shallow.

Last time Idris and I had come here, it’d been as our first date. We’d been best friends for a very long time, before I finally had the courage to ask him out; to share how I felt. I was surprised – pleasantly so – that he’d felt the same way but kept his feelings in check. As he’d said – he would rather suffer in silence, and have me as a best friend – then to never have me at all.
    So what changed?

Yes, I was cursed last time we’d come here. It was my idea to come here. Back to this damn place.

The Witchlight Carnival.

I’d thought it would be a fun place to ride the rides together, close, side by side, caught in the revelry of the moment. What I hadn’t realizes is that the Carnival attracted all kinds; from bards trying to sing and strum their instruments louder than one another, to thieves who pick pocket the unaware.

I’d been one of the unaware; so wrapped up in being with Idris, I hadn’t considered securing my coin purse; so once we got to the window to pay, after having stood in line for hours – I’d discovered my coin purse had been stolen. I was embarrassed and devastated – as I’d said I’d be the one to pay for the entrance, so Idris had left his coin purse back in the room we’d gotten inside the town that the carnival was closest to. We’d ridden a stage coach here to the Carnival, because it’d been a fair distance away – so walking back would have just driven my embarrassment and shame deeper and deeper with each step away from the Carnival, and miles and miles away, with each step from the wonderful date I’d planned in my head.

We stepped out of line and I turned to Idris and whispered, “Let’s just sneak in. What could go wrong?”

What could go wrong, indeed?

We’d made it to the Hall of Illusions, and were standing in line for that – trying to be as inconspicuous as we could – but Idris saw the Fortune Teller next to it and had begged to go see what I fortune held. He’d wanted to hear how we would find happiness forever.

Begrudgingly I agreed, and as Idris approached, the Fortune Teller came alive, “Dance and song, you will find happiness! Eternally shall it be yours to have! Hand in hand! Dance and song!”

Idris looked at me, because he’d been holding my hand and took that as an omen.

“There,” I’d said, “now can we go to the Hall of Illusions?”

Suddenly the fortune teller’s eyes turned to me, “Truth revealed, stunted and pealed, a wound never healed.”

Suddenly there was a searing pain in my groin as I collapsed to the floor. Idris looked at me shocked, just as I saw a Satyr grab his hand. “We’ll have someone look after him, you come with me! Share a dance and song! We can get along! Forever, forever, as long as we’re together.”

Two hands suddenly picked me up and dragged me out of the Carnival for not having my butterfly wing tickets. Once outside the pain subsided. I waited all day and night for Idris to come back. To leave the Carnival. If he did – I never saw him. But others I knew claimed to have seen him – happily dancing around with a Satyr who’d introduced himself as “Mr. Big.”

It wasn’t until I got back to our room, after a very lonely walk, that I realized the curse the fortune teller had bestowed – she’d reduced the size of my … Well, you can probably guess.

Like I said – I am not sure why I am here. If I hope to see Idris. If I want things… fixed… between he and I … and things fixed for me. But I am here. At this damn Witchlight Carnival.
    Thanks, that was a fun read. The line about "Idris didn't seem that shallow," was interesting because in my mind, Leif's boyfriend WAS that shallow and Leif is in denial about it. In the campaign, this denial has manifested as a dislike of satyrs. A classic case of attraction blinding someone to the faults of their love interest. I think that is something many people can relate to.
    Last edited by Ogre Mage; 2021-12-26 at 11:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #912

I love it! Especially the names, I'm no good at inventing them XD the twist of some of his wives infiltrating like that is REALLY good, this game never took off but it or another like it may in future, and I'll have this ready to use thanks to you! Thanks very much!
    The names are all based on actual Japanese words, translated by the googles. :)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Hey Tawmis! You still around?
    I don't need a full background, but any chance you can provide inspiration? See, 3SecondCultist has this awesome pitch for a space-race game in Eberron, and I definitely want to make a PC for it!
    Only issue is, I'm just stumping myself when it comes to any details about my PC. I'm just blanking. So, master of words-can you weave me a tale about a space ready adventurer, that I can convert into a character?
    If it takes a while, completely understandable-tis the season and all that. But I'd love to see what cool thing you come up with. :)
    Do you have any idea for your character? Race? Class? Any quirks or ideas you want to explore? I want to make sure I at least have a starting point to something you're interested in. :)
    (I have never played in Eberron - so my knowledge is very, very low - but the internet provides nice resources) :)

Thanks, that was a fun read. The line about "Idris didn't seem that shallow," was interesting because in my mind, Leif's boyfriend WAS that shallow and Leif is in denial about it. In the campaign, this denial has manifested as a dislike of satyrs. A classic case of attraction blinding someone to the faults of their love interest. I think that is something many people can relate to.
    Hah! I guess I am the hopeless romantic to believe Idris wouldn't have been shallow and blamed it more on Fey Magic from the Satyr, so that two hearts could eventually be reunited. :)

13. - Top - End - #913

If I had a starting point, Tawmis, I'd probably be focusing on that and not outsourcing it. :P

That being said, take this chance to go nuts. I'm good at homebrewing, the DM seems reasonable, so focus on making a cool person. I'll work mechanics and such from there. I really do appreciate your time. :)

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #914

If I had a starting point, Tawmis, I'd probably be focusing on that and not outsourcing it. :P
    That being said, take this chance to go nuts. I'm good at homebrewing, the DM seems reasonable, so focus on making a cool person. I'll work mechanics and such from there. I really do appreciate your time. :)
    Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure I'd didn't do something you weren't interested in (like specific races or classes that were of no interest)

15. - Top - End - #915

Thanks a ton, Tawmis. I'll be asleep soon, but if you get it up overnight (for me), it'll be a nice treat to wake up to.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #916
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hey, I'd love some help with developing a further backstory for my character. My DM had asked me to find a backstory on how I came about my sorcerer powers, especially regarding the Mechanus realm and I'm not too sure how to work it all out.

Her name is Malevia Sabausong, a tiefling (variant: devil's tongue) clockwork soul sorcerer who works as an urban bounty hunter.

Here is some of the info I have for her:
    (Personality Traits from background)
    -The first thing I do in a new place is note the locations of everything valuable—or where such things could be hidden. (Mostly to keep an eye out for potential threats and figure out how to gain a bounty if one would be needed, and put pieces together of any kind of puzzle.)
    -I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
    (Ideal) -People. IÂ’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)
    (Bond) -IÂ’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor. (My personal idea for this: Someone helped cover me when I failed a bounty, and they are why I'm not in prison)
    (Flaw) -An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. IÂ’m okay with that. (Could be an old friend or somebody, but regardless-- during a bounty, something went wrong, and they were caught instead of me. Probably something worked out by the benefactor.)
    (Not sure if this is important, but this is an additional flaw my character has: I have a “tell” that reveals when I’m lying. (Tail twitches, fingers cramp, and/or maybe an eye even twitches or changes color?))

Further personal character traits:
    I plan to make her to be "bothersome" to my party in regards to humor. (Mild mischievous humor, mostly inside jokes with people)
    She likes the manipulation of elements, time, matter, etc., in fights and enjoys using charismatic behavior (intimidation, persuasion, deception, flirtiness if need be) but for the good of her party/other people, or relatively neutral outcomes.
    I kind of plan for her to be some kind of chaotic or neutral alignment, probably mostly neutral if not even CN-- mostly because if the party messes up anything, I enjoy the chaos that can potentially happen where morals might be overlooked for the sake of protecting my party.

I'm not sure what else I have for her, except that I think I want her in good stands with her family (but neutral emotionally regarding them, not sure why I want it this way, though). I can't figure entirely why she would go into bounty hunting except maybe she often walked among the criminals, and so she would hear things and see bounties put out for them and know where to find them and stuff, and that was her way to earn money. She doesn't follow/believe in a god ("if the gods even do exist, I can manage without them" type of thinking, probably less harsh though), but I don't mind changing this if it makes it easier to mend things together.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, I love doing writing challenges - it's undoubtedly what got me into D&D to begin with (the ability to spin up a story, and have players interact and change and shape the world!)
    I would be very curious to see what you make out of this, since your other efforts are certainly impressive!

Here are the main points.

Arjan Kralkatorix, male Tymantheran Dragonborn (bronze), Paladin Oath of Conquest modeled after judge Dredd
    • Hatred of evil dragons, his belief is that they enslaved the Dragonborn, his goal is to conquer and eradicate evil dragons
    • Follower of Bahamut (lawful good)
    • Agent of the Lords Alliance and officer in the service of Laeral Silverhand Lady of Waterdeep
    • Protege of Nymmurh, ancient dragon living on an island off the Sword Coast. Nymmurh is involved in various Waterdeep intrigues.
    • Moved from Tymanther to Waterdeep to escape persecution due to his faith
    • Very interested in Draconic and dragonborn lore (speaks draconic), condescending attitude towards other (lesser) races
    • Considering multiclass out into HexBlade and Sorcerer and have been thinking about some cool way to introduce this into the story.

Oath
    • I am the sword in the darkness.
    • I am the lightning that leads the storm,
    • I am the storm that conquers fire,
    • I am the fury of the just, the shield of Lords.

Quotes
    • I am the LAW
    • This isn't a negotiation.
    • It's judgment time!
    • You have been judged. The sentence is death.
    • Attempted murder of a Knight Judge, sentence: Death.
    • Are you ready civilians?
    Last edited by f5anor; 2022-02-23 at 03:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I have a new request if you're still writing.

A low level cleric of waukeen. Neutral Evil. Emphasis on the neutral part. Just selfish. Willing to sacrifice others. But doesn't go out of their way to be evil. Just wants to gain power. Always cautious. Always places self preservation first but knows adventuring is the fastest way to power.

19. - Top - End - #919

Thanks a ton, Tawmis. I'll be asleep soon, but if you get it up overnight (for me), it'll be a nice treat to wake up to.
    I know it's been awhile - and it's probably already too late since I am sure that game has since started.
    But life has been chaotic (same issues I discussed before in this thread, in regards to my wife's health condition)
    But I'd still like to take a stab at writing it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstellation View Post
    Hey, I'd love some help with developing a further backstory for my character. My DM had asked me to find a backstory on how I came about my sorcerer powers, especially regarding the Mechanus realm and I'm not too sure how to work it all out.

Her name is Malevia Sabausong, a tiefling (variant: devil's tongue) clockwork soul sorcerer who works as an urban bounty hunter.

-The first thing I do in a new place is note the locations of everything valuable—or where such things could be hidden. (Mostly to keep an eye out for potential threats and figure out how to gain a bounty if one would be needed, and put pieces together of any kind of puzzle.)
    -I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
    (Ideal) -People. IÂ’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)
    (Bond) -IÂ’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor. (My personal idea for this: Someone helped cover me when I failed a bounty, and they are why I'm not in prison)
    (Flaw) -An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. IÂ’m okay with that. (Could be an old friend or somebody, but regardless-- during a bounty, something went wrong, and they were caught instead of me. Probably something worked out by the benefactor.)
    (Not sure if this is important, but this is an additional flaw my character has: I have a “tell” that reveals when I’m lying. (Tail twitches, fingers cramp, and/or maybe an eye even twitches or changes color?))

I plan to make her to be "bothersome" to my party in regards to humor. (Mild mischievous humor, mostly inside jokes with people)
    She likes the manipulation of elements, time, matter, etc., in fights and enjoys using charismatic behavior (intimidation, persuasion, deception, flirtiness if need be) but for the good of her party/other people, or relatively neutral outcomes.
    I kind of plan for her to be some kind of chaotic or neutral alignment, probably mostly neutral if not even CN-- mostly because if the party messes up anything, I enjoy the chaos that can potentially happen where morals might be overlooked for the sake of protecting my party.

I'm not sure what else I have for her, except that I think I want her in good stands with her family (but neutral emotionally regarding them, not sure why I want it this way, though). I can't figure entirely why she would go into bounty hunting except maybe she often walked among the criminals, and so she would hear things and see bounties put out for them and know where to find them and stuff, and that was her way to earn money. She doesn't follow/believe in a god ("if the gods even do exist, I can manage without them" type of thinking, probably less harsh though), but I don't mind changing this if it makes it easier to mend things together.
    Considered it added. These have been taking me longer than usual due to real life events (as mentioned, my wife's health has become a major issue since 2020 - so I don't always have the extra time or creative energy I had when I'd knock these out on the same day before!) But would love to write this!

Quote Originally Posted by f5anor View Post
    I would be very curious to see what you make out of this, since your other efforts are certainly impressive!

Arjan Kralkatorix, male Tymantheran Dragonborn (bronze), Paladin Oath of Conquest modeled after judge Dredd
    • Hatred of evil dragons, his belief is that they enslaved the Dragonborn, his goal is to conquer and eradicate evil dragons
    • Agent of the Lords Alliance and officer in the service of Laeral Silverhand Lady of Waterdeep
    • Protege of Nymmurh, ancient dragon living on an island off the Sword Coast. Nymmurh is involved in various Waterdeep intrigues.
    • Very interested in Draconic and dragonborn lore (speaks draconic), condescending attitude towards other (lesser) races

Oath

Quotes
    • I am the LAW
    • It's judgment time!
    Nice! (I am playing in a Warhammer 4K RPG, which I am not familiar with the setting - but based my character off Dredd as well - specifically DREDD the movie version).
    Consider this added!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrocket View Post
    I have a new request if you're still writing.

A low level cleric of waukeen. Neutral Evil. Emphasis on the neutral part. Just selfish. Willing to sacrifice others. But doesn't go out of their way to be evil. Just wants to gain power. Always cautious. Always places self preservation first but knows adventuring is the fastest way to power.
    I can do this! Any specific race?

And I love that there's been a small surge of interest back into my thread. Helps feed the creativity that there's still an interest and want from all of you who continue to want me to do these! I appreciate it, truly! It's nice to come here and see this - and feel appreciated for something I love doing.

20. - Top - End - #920

Yeah, game started a while ago, and not with me.

Aw well. Thanks anyway!

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sorry to hear about your wife. If there's some support you need don't hesitate to say something.

Wasn't so concerned about race just was a character idea I wanted help fleshing out cause I think it's the basis for my next character if I get to play soon. Wasn't even sure what subclass.

22. - Top - End - #922

Quote Originally Posted by Konstellation View Post

I was unfamiliar with Mechanus - and quickly realized why. I don't think in my 30+ years of DMing, have I ever even USED a modron!
    I'd never done a Clockwork Soul, as a result.
    So I took some liberties.

This is WAY after ye had requested it, I know. But the wife's condition has taken so much time and energy out of me.
    Hopefully, if you can't use it, you still enjoy the story!

Malevia Sabausong
    Devil's Tongue. You know the Vicious Mockery cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Charm Person spell once as a 2nd-level spell. Once you reach 5th level, you can also cast the Enthrall spell once. You must finish a long rest to cast these spells again with this trait. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells. This trait replaces the Infernal Legacy trait
    http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/sorcerer:clockwork-soul
    http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/background:urban-bounty-hunter

I'd love to hear feedback (from you or anyone who read this - as it keeps the thread bumped and alive).
    ======

The world is cruel. Ruthless.

It doesn’t matter how rich you are, something people can never get past is how you look. You can own an entire kingdom – but if your face was severely burned, trying to protect an innocent woman from bandits – the world will veer away from you when you approach.

They can’t see your heart. You soul.

They just see your flesh. No matter how much fancy clothing you try to hide it under.

I am well aware, that’s why I am the way that I am. That’s why some would call me heartless and cruel; because this is what the world forged me into. As an infant, I was a piece of iron – but those around me who forged me to make me what I am – only taught me self-preservation.

“There is only one person who will ever fetch you from trouble,” my father had warned, “and you’re looking at her,” he said pointing at the mirror I’d been gazing into. My father had always tried his best to provide, and despite his human appearance, and his good looks – he was known as the “cursed man of Elmwood” – because his wife had bore me, a Tiefling, meaning that clearly my parents were into some form of dark magic.

Where my bloodline comes from, to be honest, I am not sure. Nor do I care. When I was old enough, I left home, hating that I was a burden to my family, though I loved them dearly. Being a thief was entirely too difficult – because, being a Tiefling – everyone always eyed me and suspected me, as soon as I walked into an establishment. At a tavern, I’d met another Tiefling, another female, like myself named Pirullinen Kauneus. She shared many of the same traits I had – her father had been human and his wife had had her, and the people of the hamlet captured her family and burned them at the stake. Only Pirullinen’s mother’s quick thinking had allowed her to escape – so Pirullinen took up hunting down those who had been responsible for killing her parents. She began teaching me the ways of becoming a bounty hunter – and I quickly found, that being a “demon seed child” made it easy to intimidate people and get information – and tracking down people for money was quite easy.

We had had a successful career of being bounty hunters together until we’d been told to fetch an item rather than a person. We’d been hired to retrieve a chest from a wizard named Razathorn. This chest was supposedly near the top of his tower – and neither of us being rogues, climbing the walls was going to be out of the question.

So we can up with a horrible idea – but we couldn’t turn down the job, it was worth 25,000 gold. With that we could stop this business and try to find a way of living a normal life… We approached Razathorn, who was known for recruiting mages of all kinds to do his work and translate his endless volumes of tomes. Both Pirullinen and I claimed to be Warlocks, and Razathorn greeted us and assigned us to translating after marking our necks with an unusual rune.

One night, Pirullinen and I snuck up through the halls, hiding in closest when we had to when other students were walking the halls – it took quite some time to reach the top. When we got there, we opened the door – which was, surprisingly not locked and entered the room. I saw the chest that the client had wanted sitting on the table – in the open.

At that moment I knew, it had been a set up.

I turned and Razathorn was standing in the doorway, his hands crackling with magic. “I had suspected the two of you were up to no good – I sensed no magic in you and waited for you to make your move. Tell me who sent you and I will banish you to a plane where you might live… try something, and I will banish you to the planes of Hell.”

I looked at Pirullinen and shook my head. We should have known this was going too easy.

I am not sure what came over me – but I quickly grabbed the chest and opened it – hoping something would blast forth and hurt – or at the very least blind – the furious wizard, Razathorn – but instead, a mystical door, of blue crackling energy opened. I grabbed Pirullinen’s hand and began running for it – but suddenly I lost Pirullinen’s hand. I looked at Razathorn had ensnared her with a spell.

I stared at Pirullinen – not wanting to leave her.

Then I heard my father’s voice - “There is only one person who will ever fetch you from trouble,” my father had warned as I had gazed at a mirror as a teenager, “and you’re looking at her.”

I whispered the words sorry and stepped into the portal.

It felt as if I was falling into eternity. I could see stars, and giant sphere, flying by me – odd colored shapes and mist all around – and then, a violent tug as I saw a similar blue portal in this odd dimension suddenly pull me.

Unbeknownst to me, at the same time, the ruling being of this dimension – mechanical creatures like I’d never seen before – called modrons had found a demon siphoning magic from Mechanus – and had expelled him. He’d been intended for the very entrance I’d just fallen through. I saw black and purple like energy swirling towards me like a giant spear – and it pierced my body and instantly rendered me unconscious.

I was surprised to be alive… on a beach… near, what appeared to be the edge of reality… my hands and eyes all crackled with the same energy that struck me and I heard a voice in my head whisper, “Yes, I will hide here for now.”

And I collapsed again.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Greetings - Love your work - starting a new campaign, level 6 (so a bit of adventure under their belt)

Mark of Shadow Elf
    Clockwork Soul Sorcerer/Hexblade Warlock (2)
    Urchin Background

Here is her Description:
    The young elven Woman before you is of a short stature and a lithe and slender build. Her long dark blonde hair bound simply into a utilitarian braid, hangs unremarked over a slim shoulder, a small gray mouse is perched on the other.
    Whisper has large deep eyes, the color of cracked wheat - restless eyes, piercing eyes - ever wary, ever on the move - like the girl herself, asparkle with mirth that she rarely allows herself to share. Whisper is of pale complexion and her skin is smooth and clear, with the exception of several clear, simply lined tattoos: visible on her face, hands arms and neck.
    Whisper appears to never truly relax - like a thread pulled tight - always on the cusp of explosive action. Her piercing, thoughtful eyes seem to notice everything and her posture straight and poised, like a dancer. She wears a sarcastic smile on the corner of her lips, as though she is listening to a joke that you have not heard yet. A large black leather pouch hangs at each hip, appearing to be lovingly cared for and oft-used. She is dressed largely in black, cast off or stolen clothing which she clearly takes some bit of effort to maintain. A black cloak, torn at the height of her knee - so as not to impede her movement, a round, metal, buckler-style shield and two efficient looking daggers - sheathed on her thighs complete her carried equipment.

What could be the connection between the clockwork soul/memory loss and loss of family/Hexblade pact...
    I hope this has you interested :D

24. - Top - End - #924

Quote Originally Posted by Withershins View Post
    Greetings - Love your work - starting a new campaign, level 6 (so a bit of adventure under their belt)

Mark of Shadow Elf
    Urchin Background

Here is her Description:
    The young elven Woman before you is of a short stature and a lithe and slender build. Her long dark blonde hair bound simply into a utilitarian braid, hangs unremarked over a slim shoulder, a small gray mouse is perched on the other.
    Whisper has large deep eyes, the color of cracked wheat - restless eyes, piercing eyes - ever wary, ever on the move - like the girl herself, asparkle with mirth that she rarely allows herself to share. Whisper is of pale complexion and her skin is smooth and clear, with the exception of several clear, simply lined tattoos: visible on her face, hands arms and neck.
    Whisper appears to never truly relax - like a thread pulled tight - always on the cusp of explosive action. Her piercing, thoughtful eyes seem to notice everything and her posture straight and poised, like a dancer. She wears a sarcastic smile on the corner of her lips, as though she is listening to a joke that you have not heard yet. A large black leather pouch hangs at each hip, appearing to be lovingly cared for and oft-used. She is dressed largely in black, cast off or stolen clothing which she clearly takes some bit of effort to maintain. A black cloak, torn at the height of her knee - so as not to impede her movement, a round, metal, buckler-style shield and two efficient looking daggers - sheathed on her thighs complete her carried equipment.

What could be the connection between the clockwork soul/memory loss and loss of family/Hexblade pact...
    I hope this has you interested :D
    Sweet! Consider this added!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyBlack View Post

Some side notes -
    The uncharted island “Tiffland” is a reference to “Ireland” – Tiff meaning Ire. :)
    The drink mentioned “Pixiedus” is a reference to “Spirytus” which is the drink that holds the record for highest alcohol content at 96% (Everclear has 95%)
    You mention the tragedy hidden - I wasn't sure what you wanted there.
    So like many people, I paint the picture that he hides behind his drinking.
    And while it may be "fun" - he clearly has a drinking problem that masks the pain.
    Anyway - I know this is way, way, way late - but hope ye enjoy!
    I would love to hear comments - good or bad - in the thread, as it helps keep the thread alive.

=============================

It all starts to blur after awhile.

I am sure a lot of that might have to do with the excessive amount of drinks I have every night. I might be adding a little extra flair to the stories. When I wake up in the morning, it’s difficult to try and recall what really happened compared to what I told everyone happened.

My name is Darren. And, yes, as you might have guessed by my size, I am a Goliath.

I was born on a small, uncharted island known as Tiffland; but to be honestly, that was four years ago but feels like a life time ago. I was a different person then. I had left Tiffland four years ago because my family was being moved into work houses and we needed a way to make money. So I worked at the docks for a few years, learned my way around a ship, and took up a job as a sailor for a few years. One of those trips, we had stopped at New Orc City – and I saw a whole new world – a bustling city so alive. I sailed for a few more years aboard a ship, before deciding to try my luck at New Orc City.

Oh, the city was alive, all right. Alive with thugs and crime, and I quickly learned that living in the city was like living in the wild – doing whatever it takes to survive. I learned there was an orc by the name of Garkag who was a bouncer at the Black and Blue Bar – named such, for both their drinks – and their sordid history of the endless bar fights. Garkag was known for being one of the toughest citizens of New Orc City because of the bar’s history and his ability to “one punch” people into the twilight sleep.

The city was chewing me alive – or trying to. So when I found out who Garkag was – I walked up to him and socked him with everything I had. I had to make a name for myself. Unfortunately, it only staggered him – and then he looked at me, said something about how I have guts and he was about to show me by cutting me open and shoving them down my throat – and a fight broke out.
    The entire Black and Blue bar was cheering – the fight spilled into the streets, where it drew even more attention. And on and on it went – people were impressed that his “one punch twilight” hadn’t taken me out and people speculated it was because I punched him first so he wanted this to last.

And last it did.

We fought, non stop, for over twelve hours.

By the time it was done, we’d wrecked an entire city block – and he finally delivered his “one punch twilight” and knocked me out.

When I regained consciousness, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my stomach hadn’t been cleaved open and my guts displayed for me to visually gaze upon. Instead Garkag was next to me shouting how I’d finally regained consciousness and ordered me a drink and said I was one of the greatest warriors he’d ever fought. So many people not only heard about the fight, but also saw the fight, and I quickly garnered the respect of many people.

People began calling on me for help – like I was some kind of hero. Because I needed money to get back to my family, I always charged them – and became a Hero for Hire, as they used to like to say. When news broke out about some kind of aquatic threat, I was hired to board a ship – and sure enough, the craziest thing I’d ever seen – a six headed shark attacked the ship.

Now, let me take a step back. The ship I was on was importing a strong potent drink called Pixiedus – or sometimes, “Pixie Dust” because of how it makes you feel – and I may have had about ten or so too many. So there’s a good chance that it may have just been a mutated two headed shark – seen plenty of them before – but what I was seeing was a six headed shark. So by the time I’d defeated this shark mutant and climbed back on the ship, I was telling them how it had six heads and the legend spread. I even remember fighting a giant octopus, which I may or may not have claimed was the elder god, C’thulu. (I am unclear, because of the drinking – if it actually was the elder god or if it was a giant octopus – in the dark murky waters and all those tentacles touching me in places I didn’t enjoy being touched, I was sure it was an elder god).

Most days, I’d swear there’s more alcohol flowing through my veins than blood.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateWench

I request a red dragonborn monk, high in Strength, Wisdom and Intelligence, maybe with Dexterity, Constitution and Charisma at 14.

For her background I'm thinking she's a wandering warrior trying to learn more about the world, Nature, the Creator (her world is monotheistic) and martial arts, while protecting people and churches, but I haven't got many ideas besides that :/
    Official girltoy of O-Chul's harem. Join the harem here! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-harem-sign-up!

Haley and Therkla + Elan = Perfect

26. - Top - End - #926

Quote Originally Posted by Withershins View Post
    Mark of Shadow Elf
    Urchin Background
    Here is her Description:
    What could be the connection between the clockwork soul/memory loss and loss of family/Hexblade pact... I hope this has you interested :D
    I am by far, the least political person in the world.
    But a lot of times, when I need names for towns - I will use google translate and take a word or two and translate into a foreign language.
    So for example, the town I mention is "Zabuta’dusha" - which translated from Ukraine's language is "Forgotten Soul."
    This is in honor of all those, who are fighting over there... may they never be forgotten souls.
    =====================

Everything is a balance.

Chaos and Order. Life and Death. Light and Darkness.

Even as I balance this dagger on my finger tip by the blade – the way the blade was made, so perfectly balanced.

So why do I feel out of balance?

I feel like a weapon – still being forged in the flames of a searing forge. I see pieces of something – my own past, perhaps. Just fractured images captured in time, like fine paintings. I see myself, much younger, happier. I see what I believe is my mother, my father, an older sister and a younger brother.

But I don’t know their names. I don’t have any emotion when I see them and think of them.

It’s as if all of that was ripped from me and I am a shattered glass that’s fallen on the floor with all these pieces around me.

My first memory – where I felt something – and could remember clearly was ten years ago. I woke up on the streets of Zabuta’dusha. I had to quickly learn to live on the streets and adapt – but I was surprised, these tattoos on my face, neck, and arms – I thought they were slave markings – but when I found I could use magic – they… tingled.

These weren’t slave markings at all – but something else.

Despite being an elf – and seeing others in Zabuta’dusha being tall and slender, I was shorter and slender, and could easily move between people and get where I needed to go. As I learned more about these strange markings on my body at the library located in Zabuta’dusha – I used the magic to summon and bond with a grey mouse I frequently saw in the library.

I spent copious amounts of time in the library, studying and devouring knowledge – trying to figure out what had happened to me – and that’s also where I took the name Whisper. Signs all over the library said, “If you must speak, please whisper.” And somehow that fit who I was – I wasn’t tall like my fellow elves, I was smaller – they were the spoken voice, I was the whisper.

It’d been while I was in the library one night – where I had the first vision; the first puzzle piece to what was apparently my past - an image of my mother, father, brother and sister. But it came with a voice, “You are the sundered weapon – once, for order. Restore the Order. Bring back the Balance, and the pieces and shards of your life – and the truth – will be revealed to you, piece by piece – and when completed, you will stand as a Weapon of Order.”

I took to seeking out the wrongs of the world, and doing what I could. And sure enough, as I did things – pieces were slowly being revealed to me. The greater the order, the more that was restored to my memory of my own past.

I am a weapon of Order, being forged together, to find out who I am.

I will be the Whisper that speaks with volume.

And I will be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by f5anor View Post

• Considering multiclass out into HexBlade and Sorcerer and have been thinking about some cool way to introduce this into the story.

Oath

Quotes
    • I am the LAW
    • It's judgment time!
    You clearly took a lot of reference from Judge Dredd (the comic, not the movie) - but a lot of DREDD (not to be confused with Judge Dredd) movie references too.
    So I did the same.
    It's very clear... Kera is Anderson.
    And the main villain - well, that should be obvious when you get there.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts in this thread as it keeps the thread bumped and alive.

===========================================

“I am the sword in the darkness.
    I am the lightning that leads the storm,
    I am the storm that conquers fire,
    I am the fury of the just, the shield of Lords.”

That had been my oath, my measure, my life.

My name is Arjan Kralkatorix and I have devoted my life to law and order. Too many people – every one else, really – have the selfish craving in their hearts, their souls – with so little regard of their repercussions to others. Chaos reigns supreme, even in those who call themselves heroes – more often than not these heroes are just as chaotic as the villains they devote their time fighting.

I am the weapon. I am the sword.

I alone will cut through the chaos. I will restore order.

Whether “hero” or villain who stands before me, they must all answer to Order and those who do not, or believe themselves above the law I serve, will learn swift and righteous justice.

As a Tymantheran Bronze Dragonborn and a Paladin of Conquest, I stand as a towering beacon of justice. I want those who break the law to see me; to know I am coming for them so they can stare into my eyes and know what is coming.

As a faithful follower of Bahamut, I know my means are justified and Laeral Silverhand the Lady of Waterdeep has seen me fit to be one of the Knight Judges. My work has been so thorough that I even gained the attention and trust of Nymmurh, an ancient dragon living on an island off the Sword Coast.

Nymmurh’s knowledge has been beneficial to me – my interest in my own history, as a Dragonborn – and the history of Dragon Kind that Nymmurh shares with me, has shown me the greatest evil this world has known – the Dragons who serve the darkness; so many serve them, through greed and fear. Cutting down those who faithfully serve these evil dragons does little; the dragons simply employ more who would gladly take the place of the fallen.

It was during this time, when I was on the island visiting, that Nymmurh told me about a human female who like myself, was a weapon for order.

“What’s so important about her?” I asked Nymmurh.

Nymmurh smiled, rows of razor sharp teeth, despite the dragon’s age, glistened. “Let’s just say she’s very important to me.” That’d been one of the things that Nymmurh had warned me about dragons – they were also a secretive lot. I just didn’t expect it from Nymmurh.

“Where do I find this girl?” I asked.

“You will find her in or around the Black Wagon Alley,” Nymmurh replied. “That’s where she was last seen.”

“If that’s where she’s at, then I will find her and bring her back to you,” I said.

I’d been in Waterdeep long enough to know the history of the Black Wagon Alley – it was a poor district, once raved by disease, and now supposedly the “Black Disease Wagon” can be seen some nights, without horses pulling it and incite insanity, fear and/or disease.

As I reached Black Wagon Alley, many of the people scampered away, like frightened rats into their crumbling homes. Truth be told, not many Knight Judges came to Black Wagon Alley, whether it was because of the superstition, or because most of these people had no possessions to steal, so the only crime that happened here was among one another.

So why was this human woman – Kera doing in a place like this?

I saw a child observing me with great interest. “You, child, come here.”

The child slowly crept towards me.

“What do you know of a blond woman who came here two days ago?”

The boy seemed shocked; undoubtedly by my towering size and presence.

I reached into my pouch and gave the child coin and food.

“Now, this girl,” I growled, “what do you know?”

The child placed his hand on his chest, “Mouse. Mouse show you. Mouse know way through Matron Clan hideout.”

“Matron Clan?” I asked.

“Yes,” the child who called himself Mouse explained. “Clan who runs Black Wagon alley.”

“Good,” I draw my weapon and smile. “That means a fight.”

Mouse led me through a number of traps into an abandoned building that once served as a hospital before it was abandoned after the disease had run so rampant. Within entering the first room, I was greeted by two humans. “You made a mistake coming in here,” one of them growled, brandishing a dagger.

“No,” I smile, holding up my weapon. “It is you who has made a mistake. You’re already dead, you just don’t know it yet. Mouse has told me of what you and this Matron Clan have done – and I am here to tell you, its judgement time.”

They lunge forward and my sword cuts deep into one while elbowing the other, breaking his jaw. He collapses to the floor trying to scream by his jaw is barely hanging on. “As I said, your time for judgement is at hand.” My foot ends his pain; permanently.

As I make my way through levels of what was now a gutted hospital, now being used to produce a narcotic known as “Free Fall” – it’d originally been produced in a less effective form to help people whose mind ran too quickly. It was quickly purified into this “Free Fall” form that makes those who ingest it feel as if everything was moving in slow motion.

Some of the people were people in the empty rooms, their mental state obliterated.

Others were members of this Matron Clan who tried to stop me.

“I am the law,” I growled as I cut endless cultists down. “I am your judgement. I am your death.”

When I finally reached the top floor, I was drenched in blood. I kicked down the door and saw a woman, scars across her face – a dagger held to another woman, blond.

I looked at the woman with scars. “What do I call you?”

“I am the Matron,” she growled. “I had nothing. Came from nothing. And made this empire.”

“What’s your interest in the girl,” I gestured with my blade to the blond woman.

“She’s a powerful telepath,” Matron smiled. “I could pry the secrets from politicians with her. Move from illicit drugs to blackmail; draws far less attention and far more money. How about this – you turn around and leave, I forgive you for killing a bunch of my employees.”

“You’re mistaken,” I growl. “This isn’t a negotiation. Your men, under your orders, attacked me – and by law, that is attempted murder of a Knight Judge and the sentence is, as it was for them, Death.”

“Then I slit the girl’s throat now,” Matron smiled.

“I don’t think so,” I smiled. “Ready Civilian?”

“Civilian?” Matron growled. “Who the –“

She doesn’t finish her sentence – and lets out a scream as Mouse slices a dagger I’d given him across the back of her ankle, severing her tendon. She releases her dagger and clasps her foot, allowing Kera to quickly scamper away.

I quickly raced to Matron, picked her up by the scruff of her tunic. “As I promised, your sentence is death.”

I threw her out the window and watched as she fell, screaming – her body pierced by a broken wooden beam on the ground.

I didn’t save Black Wagon.

Another gang or clan will swoop in and take over where Matron left off.

But Mouse.

I saved him.

Showed him how to stand up.

He can grow up and tell others to stand strong.

To stand for justice.

I took Kera back to Nymmurh, who thanked me, but didn’t reveal anything more about her, saying, “My promise to you was always to share information about our kind. As you can see, she’s human.”
    Last edited by Tawmis; 2022-03-03 at 04:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

I am by far, the least political person in the world.
    But a lot of times, when I need names for towns - I will use google translate and take a word or two and translate into a foreign language.
    So for example, the town I mention is "Zabuta’dusha" - which translated from Ukraine's language is "Forgotten Soul."
    This is in honor of all those, who are fighting over there... may they never be forgotten souls.
    I love doing this, generally with Latin. I had a point of interest, Columna Deos (Pillar of the Gods), where people would meet to get closer contact with their deities, meet others for training (monks/clerics/priests/etc.), or just learn more about them in general. Each character upon standing anywhere near or in the middle of the massive structure would look around and see statues in a large circle, one depicting each deity facing in a certain direction depending on how they lived their lives, (PCs and NPCs alike, literally anything that ever stood there).

Like if you're a true neutral character, any deity with neutral alignment would be facing you partially (if they were only one part neutral) and facing you entirely if they were also true neutral. As a lawful good character, any deity of either lawful or good would be facing you in some capacity while any lawful good deities would be facing you entirely. Anything not matching your alignment in any facet would be facing away. So a lot of people could see something entirely different while many of the same religion or study might see the same.

It's really cool with alignment shifts and players who have visited often can notice the statues changing for them personally.
    Last edited by animorte; 2022-03-03 at 08:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by animorte View Post
    I love doing this, generally with Latin. I had a point of interest, Columna Deos (Pillar of the Gods), where people would meet to get closer contact with their deities, meet others for training (monks/clerics/priests/etc.), or just learn more about them in general. Each character upon standing anywhere near or in the middle of the massive structure would look around and see statues in a large circle, one depicting each deity facing in a certain direction depending on how they lived their lives, (PCs and NPCs alike, literally anything that ever stood there).

Like if you're a true neutral character, any deity with neutral alignment would be facing you partially (if they were only one part neutral) and facing you entirely if they were also true neutral. As a lawful good character, any deity of either lawful or good would be facing you in some capacity while any lawful good deities would be facing you entirely. Anything not matching your alignment in any facet would be facing away. So a lot of people could see something entirely different while many of the same religion or study might see the same.
    Stealing this concept. Not for low level, but certainly for mid to high levels.

I feel like a weapon – still being forged in the flames of a searing forge. I see pieces of something – my own past, perhaps. Just fractured images captured in time, like fine paintings. I see myself, much younger, happier. I see what I believe is my mother, my father, an older sister and a younger brother.

===========================================

“I am the sword in the darkness.
    I am the lightning that leads the storm,
    I am the storm that conquers fire,
    I am the fury of the just, the shield of Lords.”

That had been my oath, my measure, my life.
    Just those words tell a whole story. The rest is amazing, but with just those few words you get such a depth and breadth of this concept. You have a way with words, that frankly I'm pretty jealous of.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hi Tawmis!

I'm working on a bugbear bard. He's not the sharpest hammer in the bag, but he he's very encouraging. He wants everyone to live to their fullest potential. That's why he left his tribe and bugbear society in general. I guess he wanted to help people, but had an epiphany and didn't see that happening. So he took the idea to its extreme, and went off to wider society to help a greater number of people and find people that he could help and would be accepting of his help. In true D&D bardic fashion, this help comes mostly in the form of encouragement via Bardic Inspiration dice - "you can do it!"

What do you think? Any ideas?

No rush on this one.
    Last edited by Samayu; 2022-03-06 at 12:09 AM.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

smile Re: Need a character background written up?

I would very much appreciate your help in creating a backstory for my Human (Mark of the Marking) Twin Mind character. So my character is essentially a twin brother & sister (Jiang & Mo) who are 2 separate people on the outside but are really just one person that shares a soul. Pretty much similar to the Dvati race of 3.5 but in class form. They compliment each other perfectly and always fight in sync. Jiang, the brother, weilds a greatsword & Mo, the sister, weilds a longsword. They wear hanfu & are modeled after Chinese cultivators/taoist. I know it's not a lot to go off of but any help is appreciated. Thanks!