Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Phrenic one (only?) La wotc got right. +2.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thurbane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Again, no expert on psionics, but Phrenic is quite widely touted as one of the very few LA +2 (as written) templates that people consider to be somewhat worthwhile.

    I'm agreeing with LA +2.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    A Sauna in Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Wouldn't see why anyone would disagree on this one. It's quite a good template for mostly any character. Makes any fighter a sort-of gish too, which is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Honestly the fastest way to make a paladin fall is to cast the grease spell or to trip the paladin.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterKaws View Post
    Wouldn't see why anyone would disagree on this one. It's quite a good template for mostly any character. Makes any fighter a sort-of gish too, which is good.
    The ability to gain psionic focus is useful for anyone using Diamond Mind and all three martial adepts use mental stats. It is interesting to think just how many classes appreciate "take 15" on a concentration check.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    A Sauna in Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by ZamielVanWeber View Post
    The ability to gain psionic focus is useful for anyone using Diamond Mind and all three martial adepts use mental stats. It is interesting to think just how many classes appreciate "take 15" on a concentration check.
    which is decent, but not game-breaking. You could certainly do better with some Strength-focused race and nightmare blades to stack multipliers.

    Also Psi-Focus is a feat or a class level away anyway. Or just an LA+0 race.
    Last edited by MisterKaws; 2019-07-28 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Honestly the fastest way to make a paladin fall is to cast the grease spell or to trip the paladin.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Phrenic is a template. You can have that Str boosting race alongside Phrenic's pile of goodness and even without LA buff you are a feat ahead of someone who took Wild Talent (or Hidden if allowed). At least at 20.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    A Sauna in Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by ZamielVanWeber View Post
    Phrenic is a template. You can have that Str boosting race alongside Phrenic's pile of goodness and even without LA buff you are a feat ahead of someone who took Wild Talent (or Hidden if allowed). At least at 20.
    But still behind someone who went Half-Ogre Water Orc with a dip into PsiWar.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Honestly the fastest way to make a paladin fall is to cast the grease spell or to trip the paladin.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    At least it scales. LA +2 is a very big cost, but the fact that it scales makes all the difference. I think Iím more or less okay with +2. However, I will note that I still wouldnít play it at +2. I merely recognize that itís probably a bit too strong for +1.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    Come join the Iron Chef Optimization Challenge in the Playground E6 Appetizer Edition! We're currently judging for round 22. All you have to do to be an instant authority is to tell us what you think of the builds on display!

    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreatWyrmGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a castle under the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by ViperMagnum357 View Post
    Plus, if we keep cluttering up this thread with tangential garbage posts, we can finish up and lock this thread and its non-functional pun title that totally does not work that much faster.
    I guess you're one of today's 10,000 people to learn about La La Land.


    Quote Originally Posted by Remuko View Post
    I dont want to get much into this discussion you guys were having but I just wanted to point out a reminder, that theres not just "Moral" and "Immoral" theres also "Amoral". Something "good" is "moral". Something "bad" is "immoral". Something neutral, or unbound by morals is "amoral".
    Not sure what your point is. A mind flayer is intelligent enough to count as a moral actor.
    I'm the GWG from Bay12 and a bunch of other places.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

    Negative LA Assignment Thread
    The Tale of Demman, Second King of Ireland, a CKII AAR, won a WritAAR of the Week award. Winner of Villainous Competition 8
    Fanfic

    Avatar by Recaiden.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    At least it scales. LA +2 is a very big cost, but the fact that it scales makes all the difference. I think Iím more or less okay with +2. However, I will note that I still wouldnít play it at +2. I merely recognize that itís probably a bit too strong for +1.
    It is kinda in a funny place?
    I think i would just about always take it at +1.
    But im not generally certain i would take it at +2.
    Its just about a perfect example of a +1Ĺ
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Sure, LA +2 for phrenic template.

    One oddity, though -- it can't be applied to creatures that are already psionic. Seems like an odd exclusion.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

    Current games list

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreatWyrmGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a castle under the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Sure, LA +2 for phrenic template.

    One oddity, though -- it can't be applied to creatures that are already psionic. Seems like an odd exclusion.
    As odd as not being allowed to apply the half-celestial template to angels. Phrenic creatures are creatures that aren't normally psionic, but who are.
    I'm the GWG from Bay12 and a bunch of other places.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

    Negative LA Assignment Thread
    The Tale of Demman, Second King of Ireland, a CKII AAR, won a WritAAR of the Week award. Winner of Villainous Competition 8
    Fanfic

    Avatar by Recaiden.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground
     
    TotallyNotEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Given the auto-augment of the powers it is the single best "grants level-based pseudo-casting" template, IMO. Handily beats Half-Celestial and Half-Fiend, and I'd say it's solidly above Half-Fey too.

    Is there any template that straight up grants casting? I can't recall any.

    Hell, the sheer amount of PP on a high-HD creature due the auto-augment might very well be equal or above what a Psion of equal level can bring to bear. Plenty of 3/day ones that augment very well.

    I think I'd take it on most of any mid level martial I'd build, if I could.

    Still agree with +2, but I'm surprised by the sort of unenthusiastic response to Phrenic.
    Last edited by TotallyNotEvil; 2019-07-29 at 01:01 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyNotEvil View Post
    Is there any template that straight up grants casting? I can't recall any.
    Symbiotic Creature. Spells are a Special Attack, and therefore transferred to the host if the guest was a caster.

    EDIT: Not even joking, that's actually how it works. Every time I try to use that template I discover something else broken about it.
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2019-07-29 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgresAreCute View Post
    Realism, the natural predator of D&D mechanics.
    Optimization Trophies

    Why not judge my optimization competition, thereby earning fame and glory? It's surprisingly easy! Military Games Act II: Mounted Defense

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    A Sauna in Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Not sure what your point is. A mind flayer is intelligent enough to count as a moral actor.
    The point is that it's intelligent enough to realize we'll all die eventually and have no f***s left to give to whoever is next on the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Honestly the fastest way to make a paladin fall is to cast the grease spell or to trip the paladin.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyNotEvil View Post
    Given the auto-augment of the powers it is the single best "grants level-based pseudo-casting" template, IMO. Handily beats Half-Celestial and Half-Fiend, and I'd say it's solidly above Half-Fey too.

    Is there any template that straight up grants casting? I can't recall any.
    The fact that the powers you get augment as you level up isn't that big a thing.

    They're not going to do much more than slightly tilt the scales in your direction in one or two fights a day, at best.

    --

    Templates that grant actual casting? ... I know that there's some third party templates that do that ...
    There's one in Quintessential Elf ... gives you sorcerer casting, plus I think some druid list access.
    It's doubtless that there's other templates in other third party stuff.

    As far as WotC stuff ...
    Does that Kobold-only ritual count? It gives you a level of sorcerer casting.
    I think there's something in the Faerun stuff ... IIRC something to do with Mystra. Possibly one or two others.
    I think that there might be some racial specific stuff in Eberron, probably for either dragons or giants.

    ...

    Did WotC do the (World of) Warcraft books? Pretty sure that they had something that gave spellcasting or the next best thing. IIRC the Eternal template gave you a mess of SLAs up front plus additional SLAs every X HD that you had a free hand in choosing.


    --
    --


    Phrenic is on the weak end of +2, IMO.

    It's clearly a bit too much for a +1, but it is oriented towards benefiting caster/manifester types the most, yet two full casting/manifesting levels are a lot to give up - you're a full spell/power level behind. And you aren't really getting all that much out of it in the grand scheme of things.

    Honestly, dual stat casters/manifesters get the most benefit, but then you're either even further behind because of the multiclassing, or you're in a casting/manifesting class that is at best T2 or more likely worse. There are three dual stat base caster classes I can think of offhand - Favored Soul(T2), Shadowcaster(T5?), and Savant (T4?).

    --

    I half think the +SLA templates would be better if they gave you those the spells for those SLAs as bonus spells known if you're a caster.
    No DM is ever truly out of tricks to mess with his/her players.
    No player is ever truly out of ways to surprise their DM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Caelestion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baator (aka Britain)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyNotEvil View Post
    Still agree with +2, but I'm surprised by the sort of unenthusiastic response to Phrenic.
    When Inevitable says that the LA will not changed, why bother discussing it extensively?

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OgresAreCute's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Tokyo, New Jersey
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Monster of Legend gives 5th level cleric casting, among other things. It's printed in MM2 (go figure). There are also a bunch of simple class templates in PF that give limited casting if you use the ones based on casters.

    Also, didn't see this mentioned: where does it say mind flayers have astral projection? I don't see it in the MM, and didn't see it in the errata either.
    Known among friends as "Ogres"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    ...so as we can see, no internal consistency from WotC (unsurprising).

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by OgresAreCute View Post
    Monster of Legend gives 5th level cleric casting, among other things. It's printed in MM2 (go figure). There are also a bunch of simple class templates in PF that give limited casting if you use the ones based on casters.

    Also, didn't see this mentioned: where does it say mind flayers have astral projection? I don't see it in the MM, and didn't see it in the errata either.
    They had Astral Projection as an At Will SLA in 3.0. They lost it at some point and didn't have it anymore in the 3.5 MM1.
    No DM is ever truly out of tricks to mess with his/her players.
    No player is ever truly out of ways to surprise their DM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    A Sauna in Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by javcs View Post
    They had Astral Projection as an At Will SLA in 3.0. They lost it at some point and didn't have it anymore in the 3.5 MM1.
    They have it in Savage Species, which is always a problem with a the monsters that had troublesome abilities removed in 3.5. Succubus being the other major offender.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Honestly the fastest way to make a paladin fall is to cast the grease spell or to trip the paladin.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreatWyrmGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a castle under the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    {Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Ventruenox; 2019-07-29 at 10:01 PM.
    I'm the GWG from Bay12 and a bunch of other places.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

    Negative LA Assignment Thread
    The Tale of Demman, Second King of Ireland, a CKII AAR, won a WritAAR of the Week award. Winner of Villainous Competition 8
    Fanfic

    Avatar by Recaiden.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterKaws View Post
    They have it in Savage Species, which is always a problem with a the monsters that had troublesome abilities removed in 3.5. Succubus being the other major offender.
    Savage Species is 3.0.

    What did the succubus lose that was so troublesome?
    No DM is ever truly out of tricks to mess with his/her players.
    No player is ever truly out of ways to surprise their DM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterKaws View Post
    But still behind someone who went Half-Ogre Water Orc with a dip into PsiWar.
    A psiwar dip doesn't get you teleport, fission, dominate, PR (and SR with transparency) at level+10 and a bunch of other goodies.

    Sure, you'll be better at basic beatsticking. Phrenic picks up a bunch of utility.

    Oh, and +2 is fine.
    Last edited by Elkad; 2019-07-29 at 10:07 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground
     
    danielxcutter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Seoul
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    ...wait, if Duergar Expansion doesn't auto-scale, why would Phrenic? And for that matter, what about Dromite rays?

    Edit: either way, though, those are some sweet PLAs.
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2019-07-30 at 08:53 AM.
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.


    Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvtTropes page!


    Extended signature here.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...wait, if Duergar Expansion doesn't auto-scale, why would Phrenic? And for that matter, what about Dromite rays?

    Edit: either way, though, those are some sweet PLAs.
    I think we have had 3 or 4 arguments now on how PLAs scale, there is language here that is ambiguous enough plus the fact that some powers are prescaled and others aren't that makes it ambiguous how they should work. Personally I am of the opinion that the only thing that scales on a power is DCs and damage nothing else. If everything can be scaled however you like then what is the point of the prescaled powers with an '*' and wording saying: 'Powers that canít be augmented, or that are manifested at their normal minimum level, do not contain any special notations.'

    During those arguments no one was able to refute this nor explain it, from my understanding a lot of people just want to ignore RAW since it makes PLAs less appealing...

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OgresAreCute's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Tokyo, New Jersey
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by javcs View Post
    They had Astral Projection as an At Will SLA in 3.0. They lost it at some point and didn't have it anymore in the 3.5 MM1.
    In that case I'd say it's a little excessive to give them an asterisk for an ability they don't have anymore.
    Known among friends as "Ogres"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    ...so as we can see, no internal consistency from WotC (unsurprising).

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreatWyrmGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a castle under the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidformat View Post
    I think we have had 3 or 4 arguments now on how PLAs scale, there is language here that is ambiguous enough plus the fact that some powers are prescaled and others aren't that makes it ambiguous how they should work. Personally I am of the opinion that the only thing that scales on a power is DCs and damage nothing else. If everything can be scaled however you like then what is the point of the prescaled powers with an '*' and wording saying: 'Powers that canít be augmented, or that are manifested at their normal minimum level, do not contain any special notations.'

    During those arguments no one was able to refute this nor explain it, from my understanding a lot of people just want to ignore RAW since it makes PLAs less appealing...
    Let me see if I understand your confusion. You don't understand why, if PLAs got free augmentation, the PLA lists would usually include the effects of that augmentation right there where the DM can easily see it? Is that about right?
    I'm the GWG from Bay12 and a bunch of other places.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

    Negative LA Assignment Thread
    The Tale of Demman, Second King of Ireland, a CKII AAR, won a WritAAR of the Week award. Winner of Villainous Competition 8
    Fanfic

    Avatar by Recaiden.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Let me see if I understand your confusion. You don't understand why, if PLAs got free augmentation, the PLA lists would usually include the effects of that augmentation right there where the DM can easily see it? Is that about right?
    Let me clear up your confusion with bolded text of what I just posted: 'Powers that canít be augmented, or that are manifested at their normal minimum level, do not contain any special notations.'

    That seems pretty clear RAW right there. Powers that you can't augment (beyond aforementioned DC and damage) or that manifest at minimum level have no special notation. That seems like pretty clear RAW PLAs can only be augmented for DC and damage unless they have an '*' in which case the text explains how they will be augmented further...

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidformat View Post
    Let me clear up your confusion with bolded text of what I just posted: 'Powers that canít be augmented, or that are manifested at their normal minimum level, do not contain any special notations.'

    That seems pretty clear RAW right there. Powers that you can't augment (beyond aforementioned DC and damage) or that manifest at minimum level have no special notation. That seems like pretty clear RAW PLAs can only be augmented for DC and damage unless they have an '*' in which case the text explains how they will be augmented further...
    This seems to assume that 'augmentations that increase the DC and/or damage' and 'augmentations that do other stuff' are fundamentally different things in psionics though. Or am I wrong here?

    Edit: okay, I've taken an actual look at the link. I think there is an argument to be made for powers not being augmentable, but its not the one you seem to be making. The full relevant bit from the SRD is:

    Each of a creatureís psi-like abilities has a manifester level. Each ability that allows a saving throw also gives a save DC in parentheses following the power name.

    Powers that have increased effects due to augmentation include information about the effect. An asterisk indicates that the power has already been augmented by the creatureís innate ability.

    Powers that canít be augmented, or that are manifested at their normal minimum level, do not contain any special notations. Resolve the effect of manifesting the power without augmentation at the creatureís given manifester level.
    The argument I could see is that any power not indicates by an asterisk is automatically manifest ed at their normal minimum level, and therefore do not gain any augmentations. However, if a PLA can be augmented, then there is no fundamental difference between augmentations that increase damage or that do anything else, such as increase duration or number of targets, right?

    I'll be the first to admit I'm not expert on psionics, but I see no indication in the text you quoted that powers without an asterisk could only be augmented in some ways, but not in others.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-07-30 at 12:14 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The LA-assignment thread VII: LA LA Land

    Is it time for another round of this?

    During those arguments no one was able to refute this nor explain it, from my understanding a lot of people just want to ignore RAW since it makes PLAs less appealing...
    And from my point of view you just want to ignore RAW because it makes PLAs more appealing..

    Let me clear up your confusion with bolded text of what I just posted: 'Powers that canít be augmented, or that are manifested at their normal minimum level, do not contain any special notations.'

    That seems pretty clear RAW right there. Powers that you can't augment (beyond aforementioned DC and damage) or that manifest at minimum level have no special notation. That seems like pretty clear RAW PLAs can only be augmented for DC and damage unless they have an '*' in which case the text explains how they will be augmented further...
    It was likely not commented on last time, because i dont see the point of this point.
    We have explicit text telling us that "When a creature uses a psi-like ability, the power is manifested as if the creature had spent a number of power points equal to its manifester level, which may augment the power to improve its damage or save DC."

    So yes? Of course those powers without argumentation options, or who are manifested at their base level wont include a helpfull notation to remind the DM that this ability hits for more than the at times low base damage of said power.
    Your basing the entirety of your case on Wizards for a change try to be helpful and make things easy for the DM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •