Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management) OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Oh, I'm not getting involved. As stated earlier, the ball is in your court until the blood cools - one way or another.
    Blood cools too quickly when it's on the ground, and that's what Plink is trying to avoid.

Plink's action is posted.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

On one hand, you canít take a 5ft step because your movement is hampered by the entanglement. On the other hand, none of this matters unless the fight continued which it seems it wonít.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    On one hand, you canít take a 5ft step because your movement is hampered by the entanglement. On the other hand, none of this matters unless the fight continued which it seems it wonít.
    Okay then. On Round 2, Gibs would have simply moved 5 feet then and performed the same action. The only caveat is that if Gibs takes any damage at all, he switches to lethal damage during his attack. Let me know if the spiders take an AoO and I'll modify my post, for a third time.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

I already made a post assuming this combat was at an end and we were out of initiative. If this is not the case Iíll change that post but that was my acting assumption.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

I already made a post assuming this combat was at an end and we were out of initiative. If this is not the case Iíll change that post but that was my acting assumption.
    ? I'm not following. We both acted in round 2 already. Plink acted, presumably, at the end of Round 2. Or are you still mounted on Silkwhisper?
    Camel's Handbook

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

I basically allowed Plink to jump in in terms of initiative as we both voiced an intrest in having this battle end without death of the others. If you insist on maintaining initiative order the more proper way then damage starts piling up, my guys take opportunity attacks on you and no-one has any fun.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Lets see if this helps.. Rolling initiative..

(1d20+1)[4]

Well, crap

I'm hoping that everyone can avoid lethal damage, but that could be a foregone conclusion at this point.

However, I'm hoping that the extremely loud shout will startle everyone out of their wits and allow the situation to settle down.
    Last edited by pife; 2019-09-02 at 04:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

I basically allowed Plink to jump in in terms of initiative as we both voiced an intrest in having this battle end without death of the others. If you insist on maintaining initiative order the more proper way then damage starts piling up, my guys take opportunity attacks on you and no-one has any fun.
    With the introduction of Plink at the end of round 1, casting ghost sounds and telling us to stop and moving to Gibs and trying to physically calm him down, WITH THAT OCCURRING IN ROUND 1, What did Hekx do? Did he cancel his summon immediately - which he can do by merely no longer concentrating on it. Did he still dismount in round 2? Did he still move away from Gibs in round 2?

I don't know what happened anymore because it feels like you just accepted all your posts as happening but mine didn't for some reason? Can you explain to me what you think happened please? If you summoned a creature after Plink told us to stop, then Gibs is going to keep attacking because you didn't listen to Plink. If Gibs takes lethal damage, then this is going to get lethal. Gibs is matching your escalation perfectly and since you started this, you need to be the first to back down.
    Camel's Handbook

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I believe that all of the summoning had already happened before I jumped in. Now, I would have jumped in during round 1 but I (player, not character) was late. Plink would have jumped in at round 1, but the round 2 stuff had mostly already happened by the time I logged in.

So, I'm hoping that no lethal damage occurred, and that Plink's intervention was quick enough. Either way, Plink is going to intervene, wherever in the time-space continuum his intervention comes, lol.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'll just post precisely how this all went, and then we can move on. Is it Barrows, or Village?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

OK, the issue here is that I have a readied Action on my team that will cause lethal damage and would normally have been triggered directly before you make your attack on Silkwhisper. Thus if we go by initiative order then you will take damage and this mess will become bloody. OOC neither of us want that and so Iím fine allowing Plink a sort of retroactive go. I detailed dispelling my summoned creature and calling Silkwhisper back in the IC but again that was assuming you were fine fudging combat rules as combat ended immediately.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

I think I'll just post precisely how this all went, and then we can move on. Is it Barrows, or Village?
    I think weíve agreed on a quick visit to the barrows. Then villages.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

I think weíve agreed on a quick visit to the barrows. Then villages.
    Barrows it is. Writing update straight away.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

So, I'm definitely open to other ideas, but here is where Plink is at now..

He will quickly and quietly tell the story of the barrow markings very dramatically, sharing his profound wisdom and uber-bardliness with his tribemates. His soft voice would drip with the venom of the neverdead. He wants his brethren to hear the marrow being sucked out of bones, the cracking of femurs, the tearing, rending of soft flesh being shredded and devoured. They will be able to see, in their minds eye, a ravenous horde of flesh-eating monsters, see the bloody saliva on their putrid dead lips, hear the cacophonous sounds, the cries of madness and hunger from the never-satisfied ghouls.

Plink ensures that they know that there are a good half-dozen already watching them, waiting for the last rays of light to fade before they assault us.

Perform
    (1d20+5)[24]

After he finishes his tale, Plink tries to protect his charges. IF we is gonna do this, we gotta do it right. We needs a plan.

*EDIT* CRUD, meant this to be in the IC.. Kap, hoping you'll allow that perform roll to stand.

Anyway, here is one possible plan that Plink would like the group to consider..

Spoiler: Plink's Plan A and/or B
    Show

First off, Plink would want to get further away before gathering his greatest minds and planning things out..

We lure the closest ghouls out either to a) kill them, or b) distract them while we rummage through the first barrow..

If we want to kill them...

A little way off, outside their night vision range, we light several torches, and set them up with cords so it looks like they are being carried when the cords are pulled
    We soak the ground in a small area with oil, (Plink has 4-5 of these, I believe), as well as caltrops (Plink also has 4-5 of these, need to check the character sheet). Tripwires could also be made here, to hopefully cause them to fall down and catch fire (before the ropes catch fire themselves).

Plink uses Ghost Sound again to make sweet sweet music for them. Or, rather, the sound of either screams of pain and panic, or the sound of humans approaching.

We lure them into the killing ground, light it on fire, with the caltrops hopefully hobbling them, and lay into them with all of the missile weapons we have. Any that are left, we deal with en masse, wolves and goblins flanking and overwhelming them.

If we want to distract them. It can be the same basic principle, only there is only one wolf-riding goblin back in the killing ground.. (Probably Plink). He lures the ghouls to him, lights the oil, and hauls ass away from the ghouls, hopefully pulling them into a pursuit. This would potentially open the way to one of the barrows and allow the rest of you an easier time of looting it.

Open to other ideas, but I think we need a plan for this one, lol.

Last edited by pife; 2019-09-03 at 04:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hekx is all out of magic, and so would prefer to do this with some of his magic. He can probably be persuaded to help prior to resting. Also worth noting is Silkwhisperís abilities to lay sheets of webs, if we leave a gateway patch bare but cover the rest of the grass with it around the area with it it should hold them or slow and rebuff them.

Also, just to clarify. Does Gibs still have the bow?
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-09-03 at 04:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Hekx is all out of magic, and so would prefer to do this with some of his magic. He can probably be persuaded to help prior to resting. Also worth noting is Silkwhisperís abilities to lay sheets of webs, if we leave a gateway patch bare but cover the rest of the grass with it around the area with it it should hold them or slow and rebuff them.
    If you prefer, we could definitely wait until the following day or evening to enact any plan we come up with. And I had forgotten about Silkwhisper's webs, very nice! I like that!

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

OK, nice a chance at diplomacy with a pretty equal faction. Given how long itíll take to batter down prepared defences Iím fine with making peace for now and carrying straight on towards the human town.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh dice gods. Thou art so fickle, lol

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

I should still have detect magic active from my attempt to a certain if the barrows were magical and to what extent. Does anything on the ghoul party now trigger detect magic?

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

I should still have detect magic active from my attempt to a certain if the barrows were magical and to what extent. Does anything on the ghoul party now trigger detect magic?
    The Barrows are five individual hills - they're a couple hundred meters away (and that's for the closest one). Hekx would not have cast Detect Magic thinking they'd be in range. I must have missed you mentioning that, or I'd have informed you of that earlier.

However, the staff the leader holds is slightly magical, radiating alteration.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Barrows are five individual hills - they're a couple hundred meters away (and that's for the closest one). Hekx would not have cast Detect Magic thinking they'd be in range. I must have missed you mentioning that, or I'd have informed you of that earlier.

However, the staff the leader holds is slightly magical, radiating alteration.
    Do you mean transformation or abjuration?

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Do you mean transformation or abjuration?
    Do you mean ... transmutation? :p

You're right, I got the terms mixed up. How embarassing.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Do you mean ... transmutation? :p

You're right, I got the terms mixed up. How embarassing.
    Yes but did you mena abjuaration (The one thatís closest to in terms of spelling) or transmutation (the one I also got wrong but is closest in terms of definition)?

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Yes but did you mena abjuaration (The one thatís closest to in terms of spelling) or transmutation (the one I also got wrong but is closest in terms of definition)?
    Transmutation is what I meant. I'm tired. I could have sworn I actually answered that, but nopes. I'm going to get some sleep right now!

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Actually, Plink had picked the crown up already..

In this post- Plink eyes the crown, and, indeed, tries to determine what the small object is that fell first, but returns to gaze levelly at the spokesghoul. Bones is easy to find, Plink states nonchalantly. But what special, powerful bones is you talking about? We is not bonefinders, but we finds them sometimes. You want elfses bones? Or hooman bones? Maybe we makes trades. With that, Plink leans down slightly from astride his noble steed, and uses his spear to pick up the crown, but is careful not to touch it with his skin yet.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pife View Post
    Actually, Plink had picked the crown up already..
    There is no proof that's not what the post always said!

Also, yes, the guards go with the guy they're guarding.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Let me know what Gibs wants to do once back in the caves.

Meanwhile, everyone else ... goes to the village? Or do you go looking for Gibs?

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Let me know what Gibs wants to do once back in the caves.

Meanwhile, everyone else ... goes to the village? Or do you go looking for Gibs?
    Hekx will want to continue straight on towards the villages and ignore Gibsí absence.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-09-09 at 12:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Plink believes in not leaving a goblin behind.. Especially the very superstitious and unstable tactical nuke that Gibs is. He would try to find Gibs, hopefully using Skimbibble's tracking ability. If we can determine where he is/is going, I would want to go fetch him. If we can't.. on we go to the village.

(And I shudder to think of what shape the tribe would be in once Gibs terrifies them for a while, lol).

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pife View Post
    Plink believes in not leaving a goblin behind.. Especially the very superstitious and unstable tactical nuke that Gibs is. He would try to find Gibs, hopefully using Skimbibble's tracking ability. If we can determine where he is/is going, I would want to go fetch him. If we can't.. on we go to the village.

(And I shudder to think of what shape the tribe would be in once Gibs terrifies them for a while, lol).
    Gibs isn't trying to hide his tracks. He's also not nearly as aggressive trying to get home. Honestly, given Gibs, if you're tracking him you'll probably just catch up to him on the way back home. He takes his time, enjoying hunting and tracking game, etc. He's more comfortable in the wilds. I'll probably take ranger next level.

I think we should just assume you catch up to him the next day or something?
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2019-09-09 at 01:34 PM.
    Camel's Handbook