Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 409
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celestia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canterlot, Equestria
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Last update and current update

    I liked the last one. That actually worked without words. Except those signs. Current one works too. Technically Mookie uses words, but the important part, the emotional reaction, is conveyed by the art.
    The first one was almost good. The dumb gag with the rocks kind of undercuts the emotion, especially when you try thinking about the physics of how that actually worked and why the rocks always bounced the same way. Still, the last panel was definitely the best single panel of the comic.

    The second is better, but it also fails in the fact that we know Snout is inevitably going to leave despite the two lists clearly pointing to staying as the better option for him. Mookie really should have rewritten them to make it more of a balanced choice.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

    Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SaintRidley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The land of corn

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    All the above said, curiosity can be an extremely powerful feeling. I'm happy enough to have it as an initial motivation to get the ball rolling.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Schllaand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The first one was almost good. The dumb gag with the rocks kind of undercuts the emotion, especially when you try thinking about the physics of how that actually worked and why the rocks always bounced the same way. Still, the last panel was definitely the best single panel of the comic.

    The second is better, but it also fails in the fact that we know Snout is inevitably going to leave despite the two lists clearly pointing to staying as the better option for him. Mookie really should have rewritten them to make it more of a balanced choice.
    The list lets us understand Snout better. The pro points are mainly about personal curiosity, and a certain feeling of obligation to the ink witch. Being aware of the negative consequence also means it is his decision to leave, giving him agency.
    It took me a second reading, but the last point on his list is "this mystery will keep my up all night", and then we seem him up all night in the final panel. And then we also see parts of his penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    And then we also see parts of his penis.
    I hope Snout's snout becomes a new fandom meme.

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    All the above said, curiosity can be an extremely powerful feeling. I'm happy enough to have it as an initial motivation to get the ball rolling.
    This: so very much this. What kind of motivation Bilbo had to leave his home? Or Marry and Pippin? In fact, none of the hobbits ever knew, what they were stepping into. Robinson Crusoe, Moana, Ariel (as a side note, the underwater hair animation was a true art in that movie) - they were all simply curious enough about the world that they had to go on a journey.

    In his simple, most likely repetitive life Snout stumbled upon something different, something possibly grand. This could be enough to change his perspective, since the daily routine would be all the more dull.

    There is also the thing that Snout really likes to read. Why is that? Is it not because he is inherently curious and wants to learn about outside world, its people or at least great adventuers of some heores? When a possibility to experience something like that directly fell on his lap, he decided to take it.

    With all the problems Mookie has, this whole decision-making process kind of worked frankly.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Bilbo's reason was Gandalf. He was skilled enough to find him while he felt slightly disappointed that the whole thing had resolved with the dwarves leaving him there (because the whole thing sounded like a beautiful story), suddenly rely him a message, and catch him off-guard pushing on him being late. "To the end of his days Bilbo could never remember how he found himself outside, without a hat, walking-stick or say money, or anything that he usually took when he went out; leaving his second breakfast half-finished and quite unwashed-up, pushing his keys into Gandalf's hands, and running as fast as his furry feet could carry him down the lane, past the great Mill, across The Water, and then on for a whole mile or more."

    Merry and Pippin, as far as I remember, were mostly worried about Frodo. The whole conspiracy was meant to stop him from leaving alone and to help him along the journey. They even had one person (Fatty Bolger) who stayed back in the Shire to answer questions.

    EDIT: Curiosity definitely is a force, but generally there is a stronger reason to leave, be it fealty to someone, some grave happening that ruined the original equilibrium of the protagonist's home, or the desire for riches, or just to change your life. Curiosity sweetens all of these perspectives. The problem I see with this comic is that curiosity is the only reason. Knowing DD's fate isn't that interesting. I just didn't see anything to justify such an escalation, the only exception being maybe the witch. But the witch explicitly isn't the main thrust for this choice.
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2020-01-12 at 06:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celestia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canterlot, Equestria
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    EDIT: Curiosity definitely is a force, but generally there is a stronger reason to leave, be it fealty to someone, some grave happening that ruined the original equilibrium of the protagonist's home, or the desire for riches, or just to change your life. Curiosity sweetens all of these perspectives. The problem I see with this comic is that curiosity is the only reason. Knowing DD's fate isn't that interesting. I just didn't see anything to justify such an escalation, the only exception being maybe the witch. But the witch explicitly isn't the main thrust for this choice.
    ^ All this.

    Also, y'all are are basically writing half the story yourself and then defending Mookie because of your additions. You can say that Snout was bored of his boring, repetitive life, but that's just your assumption. Nothing in the story actually supports that because we don't see Snout's life before this change. For all we know, he lead an exciting life full of spontaneity, or his life was repetitive, but he took comfort in the regularity. We don't know anything about Snout's motivation beyond the list, and none of it has any real context. Mookie needed to show us that Snout was dissatisfied with his life before the outside world came knocking. Then, a motivation based purely on curiosity and the thrill of the open road could have worked.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

    Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    The real stupid thing is that Mookie wrote in a perfectly good motive for Snout to investigate, and then seems to have largely forgotten about it:

    This debacle got his house blown up.

    And yet... two days later, and he seems to have completely gotten over that. No mention of "I want to find out what's going on because someone is on the hook for blowing up my house, and I'm not gonna let that slide."
    Last edited by HorizonWalker; 2020-01-12 at 09:17 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    ^ All this.

    Also, y'all are are basically writing half the story yourself and then defending Mookie because of your additions. You can say that Snout was bored of his boring, repetitive life, but that's just your assumption. Nothing in the story actually supports that because we don't see Snout's life before this change. For all we know, he lead an exciting life full of spontaneity, or his life was repetitive, but he took comfort in the regularity. We don't know anything about Snout's motivation beyond the list, and none of it has any real context. Mookie needed to show us that Snout was dissatisfied with his life before the outside world came knocking. Then, a motivation based purely on curiosity and the thrill of the open road could have worked.
    I admit being guilty here. Even after all the years I kind of hope for Mookie to actually do some solid story. Yet, he is still on the level of hasty fanfiction, so through all big plot-holes, cracks and other effects of wonky stroytelling head-canon slips in to make things right.

    edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by HorizonWalker View Post
    The real stupid thing is that Mookie wrote in a perfectly good motive for Snout to investigate, and then seems to have largely forgotten about it:

    This debacle got his house blown up.

    And yet... two days later, and he seems to have completely gotten over that. No mention of "I want to find out what's going on because someone is on the hook for blowing up my house, and I'm not gonna let that slide."
    As far as motivations go, I also got reminded of Payback. I liked how throughout the whole movie everyone thought that Porter is stark raving mad for going against a mob for mere 70 thousands. He even needs to constantly remind them that he is not after 130 - just his 70 and not a cent more.
    Last edited by Radar; 2020-01-12 at 10:13 AM.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Meanwhile, updates.

    Can't help noticing he didn't pack a map

    Or prepare himself in any way to the journey

    Not something I'd expect to someone who spent days in the library for much less.

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celestia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canterlot, Equestria
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Meanwhile, updates.

    Can't help noticing he didn't pack a map

    Or prepare himself in any way to the journey

    Not something I'd expect to someone who spent days in the library for much less.
    The map I can understand. He probably doesn't have one. The lack of preparation, though... You certainly have a point there. He could have at least packed more than one meal.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

    Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Does a map of Deeganland even exists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The map I can understand. He probably doesn't have one. The lack of preparation, though... You certainly have a point there. He could have at least packed more than one meal.
    He might have read too many adventure novels where heroes say things like Leave all that can be spared behind. We travel light. and then proceed to run for three days straight.

    Still, I agree: poor planing on Snout's side.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The map I can understand. He probably doesn't have one. The lack of preparation, though... You certainly have a point there. He could have at least packed more than one meal.
    These mongrelfolkare filled with incredible powers and amazingly rugged and dangerous. They cure wounds by vomiting on them at will. They eat rocks. They are strong enough to carve rocks without a hammer, using just a chisel. I don't think they need too much preparation.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    These mongrelfolkare filled with incredible powers and amazingly rugged and dangerous. They cure wounds by vomiting on them at will. They eat rocks. They are strong enough to carve rocks without a hammer, using just a chisel. I don't think they need too much preparation.
    He went to the library to know who DD was, went there again to learn how to fix his cloths, a third time to figure out a bunch of things, in that time he even held in his hand the "regions of the world" book, but only cared about the name index, forth time to learn about a specific threat, and the fifth just to get directions about which places to go to.

    All of these reasons to go to the library in what lasted no more than a few days, but preparing himself to the great unknown HE is afraid of isn't?
    Especially when we know already had a book that at least might be relevant in some way to his journey.

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    He still manages to do more preparation than the time my brother decided to go on a holiday with friends and they left a few hours later. How they survived it was the riddle of the ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    He still manages to do more preparation than the time my brother decided to go on a holiday with friends and they left a few hours later. How they survived it was the riddle of the ages.
    Depends on where they went and what did he do in those few hours. I can pack myself pretty quickly, if everything I need is at home. Any kind of booking can also be done pretty quickly unless he went to some popular resort in the middle of the season.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    He still manages to do more preparation than the time my brother decided to go on a holiday with friends and they left a few hours later. How they survived it was the riddle of the ages.
    I sometimes envy people who can do this.
    I know a friend that basically packs a suitcase, then go to the airport, looking for a cheap flight to anywhere with a free space, and just before or after the flight orders hotel and finds whatever he can.

    Unfortunately, a more common problem is involuntary light pack as a result of a lost suitcase, but as long as someone has money and credit card and just a few things on the bag with him, the trip can be salvaged.

    Which makes me wonder, maybe Snout has a credit card packed on him so he doesn't care about carrying things?

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    The biggest problem is the lack of a map as I doubt snout is incapable of foraging for food and water, and he doesnt exactly have a dozen changes of clothes to pack. Of course, its the wild edge, maybe maps dont work well there so they dont bother making any. But he has food, his diary and his writing brush so he has the ability to communicate with people he finds (with his luck he will find illiterates) Maybe a weapon would be smart but he hasnt shown one up till now anyways.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celestia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canterlot, Equestria
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    You know, all these picturesque nature shots don't really work that well when the art sucks. I mean, this is probably some of the best art Mookie has ever done, but it's still not nearly good enough to justify all the ego panels.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

    Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    You know, all these picturesque nature shots don't really work that well when the art sucks. I mean, this is probably some of the best art Mookie has ever done, but it's still not nearly good enough to justify all the ego panels.
    It would also work much better, if they were not so random. The jurney would be conveyed much better, if the environment change was gradual and if the shots actually showed some wider perspective sometimes.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Yeah this all feels like self indulgent stuff. There isnt even a real sense of progression. Like the scenery changing to match the place he is heading towards (ive honestly forgotten, is he heading for the spell wolf snow dudes?)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    That's because he's still in the...

    wild edge

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah this all feels like self indulgent stuff. There isnt even a real sense of progression. Like the scenery changing to match the place he is heading towards (ive honestly forgotten, is he heading for the spell wolf snow dudes?)
    I do not think we ever got to know, which possible destination he decided to visit first.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah this all feels like self indulgent stuff. There isnt even a real sense of progression. Like the scenery changing to match the place he is heading towards
    It is. He wrote a post describing this in advance. He felt very relaxed doing backgrounds, so he decided to do a week like that, following images by Moebius. I personally kind of enjoyed the strips; it's not like I read the comic for the plot.

    (ive honestly forgotten, is he heading for the spell wolf snow dudes?)
    Sure, more pee-pees!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celestia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canterlot, Equestria
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Well, at least Snout not bringing a map was an intentional character flaw, not a mistake on Mookie's part. I can respect that.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

    Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Well, at least Snout not bringing a map was an intentional character flaw, not a mistake on Mookie's part. I can respect that.
    I can't.

    1) It's not just a character flaw that comes out of nowhere, it actually contradicts the character that was built until now, someone who consults the library for every little thing.

    2) Unless he continues his sentence with "So I'd better go back and do it properly this time", it just doesn't make sense.
    It's not a random adventure, it's a specific quest he set himself on, and he has no idea what to do next.
    We all know the answer will just fall in his lap somehow, but that doesn't make it the right choice.

    3) He's been walking for hours/days and only THEN noticing he has no idea where he's going?
    And how did he pick the direction in the first place, just headed randomly north from his cave out of a whim?
    Again, Mookie needs to decide if Snout is set to find the witch/DD information, or if he is just on a random tour in the world.
    Last edited by random11; 2020-01-20 at 02:40 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celestia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canterlot, Equestria
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    I can't.

    1) It's not just a character flaw that comes out of nowhere, it actually contradicts the character that was built until now, someone who consults the library for every little thing.

    2) Unless he continues his sentence with "So I'd better go back and do it properly this time", it just doesn't make sense.
    It's not a random adventure, it's a specific quest he set himself on, and he has no idea what to do next.
    We all know the answer will just fall in his lap somehow, but that doesn't make it the right choice.

    3) He's been walking for hours/days and only THEN noticing he has no idea where he's going?
    And how did he pick the direction in the first place, just headed randomly north from his cave out of a whim?
    Honestly, Snout is such a simple, one-dimensional character at this point that I really don't think it does contradict anything. Sure, we've seen him do research at the library a lot, but we've also seen him try tackling his problems head on without bothering to come up with a plan. You say this contradicts the first trait; I say it fits perfectly with the second. Of course, if he had researched first, it would still fit his characterization as per the aforementioned "one-dimensional" aspect.

    Fair point on number three, though. That's just dumb.

    Again, Mookie needs to decide if Snout is set to find the witch/DD information, or if he is just on a random tour in the world.
    This is Mookie. We all know the answer is "both."
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

    Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Honestly, Snout is such a simple, one-dimensional character at this point that I really don't think it does contradict anything. Sure, we've seen him do research at the library a lot, but we've also seen him try tackling his problems head on without bothering to come up with a plan. You say this contradicts the first trait; I say it fits perfectly with the second. Of course, if he had researched first, it would still fit his characterization as per the aforementioned "one-dimensional" aspect.

    Fair point on number three, though. That's just dumb.


    This is Mookie. We all know the answer is "both."
    He is also really really new to all this. He is like a young teen who has read all his life, and only now is getting the chance to do something outside his normal routine. He doesnt have the experience to think of everything he needs. But either way, its somehow even worse that mookie had him own up to forgetting a map like this. If he never mentioned it we could be nice and assume there wasnt any maps of the wild edge because the wild edge is crazy and there arent any maps of the outside world because no mongrelfolk ever go there from the wild edge. Or we could even assume he had a route planned out, follow such and such landmarks thataway till you hit a town and then go deudderway to reach his goal from there. After all, he is likely heading for civilized areas, all he needs to do is get out of the wild edge and find a town to then be able to follow the roads wherever he wants to go. Now he admits to being an idiot so we know he DIDNT really have a plan.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

    I think there is a difference between stupid mistakes and plain stupidity.

    For example, reading a tour guide all night out of stress and then forgetting to pack it with you is a mistake, not planning anything is just stupid.
    Getting lost because of errors in navigation is a mistake, getting lost because there was never a route to begin with is stupid.
    Having four options and picking one at random that just happens to be the most dangerous is a mistake, not picking ANY option is stupid.

    But I guess nothing matters.
    Who needs to plan anything when you can just go to a random direction, not even on a road, and just see a random sign pointing you to the next plot point?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •