New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: The Unending Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Calling it now: Arudak is Ink Witch's ex.
    FTFY.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I'm not liking where this is going. Seeing plot-relevant details in dreams is never a good sign.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Oh, I'm not liking where this is going. Seeing plot-relevant details in dreams is never a good sign.
    But how else would Mookie draw more nake snout?
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Update

Wait, wasn't this information he already had yesterday?
    I thought that was the entire point of that page.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    But how else would Mookie draw more nake snout?
    There will be a magic battle, snouts clothes get blown off. He gives a deadpan stare at the camera and walks around naked for the next dozens trips. Hijinx ensue as they try to make a new outfit for him. Turns out the grass he tried to pick to create a kilt was sentient and he couldnt hear it scream, ink witch is horrified. She then kills and skins an animal to make pants and we arent supposed to question how thats better.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    There will be a magic battle, snouts clothes get blown off. He gives a deadpan stare at the camera and walks around naked for the next dozens trips. Hijinx ensue as they try to make a new outfit for him. Turns out the grass he tried to pick to create a kilt was sentient and he couldnt hear it scream, ink witch is horrified. She then kills and skins an animal to make pants and we arent supposed to question how thats better.
    We now get to admire the dead animal's willy worn above Snout's.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Update

Well, that answered my question.
    The reason Snout did not realize the symbols are the same as his dreams when he was standing the entire day seeing only these symbols, but he recognized them in an instance during some kind of a stressful event, is because it was needed to conveniently stop the bickering.

Don't get me wrong, it was predictable and I'm glad it didn't drag more, but again, it's all about timing and stupid coincidences.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, at least it was funny
    Teacher Snout ordering those brats to end their fight.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Is it just me, or is snout supposed to look like the offspring of Inkwitch and Arudak?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Is it just me, or is snout supposed to look like the offspring of Inkwitch and Arudak?
    I don't think so?
    Or rather I hope not.
    Brain bleach please.

Also, why exactly are they working together now?
    Just because the scratches on Arudak's book resemble the cube drawing from Ink Witch's con?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing as how the Ink Witch, at least, looks to be in her 20s (maybe?), I'd say this is just bad art and Same Face Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    I don't think so?
    Or rather I hope not.
    Brain bleach please.

Also, why exactly are they working together now?
    Just because the scratches on Arudak's book resemble the cube drawing from Ink Witch's con?
    Broiling hatred yet an ability to begrudgingly work together? Definitely looking like my "they're exes" prediction may not be as much of a joke as first thought.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    I don't think so?
    Or rather I hope not.
    Brain bleach please.
    It was suggested previously that they were exes. If they were exes, it would be quite possible for there to be offspring. Snout's face looks half and half, though so far I don't think we've seen a tail or elbow spines on Arudak, but he is wearing extremely baggy clothes.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2020-04-20 at 07:16 AM.

13. - Top - End - #523

It was suggested previously that they were exs. If they were exs, it would be quite possible for there to be offspring. Snout's face looks half and half, though so far I don't think we've seen a tail or elbow spines on Arudak, but he is wearing extremely baggy clothes.
    Lol wait until we see his weenie.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It was suggested previously that they were exes. If they were exes, it would be quite possible for there to be offspring. Snout's face looks half and half, though so far I don't think we've seen a tail or elbow spines on Arudak, but he is wearing extremely baggy clothes.
    One word: Cuddling.
    That went a bit beyond Leia snogging Luke.
    Again, brain bleach please.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Aurdark is just a regular orc. I don't know how biology works in this work, but I don't think human + orc = mongrelfolk.

16. - Top - End - #526

I wonder if part of the reason they settled down so fast was they both realize snout has no idea of the background here and neither really feels like crafting a novel to explain it all. Also, it seems to imply rather strongly that this isnt a good versus evil thing, but a matter of philosophy or something. Like its clearly heated but not a fight to the death.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #527

I wonder if part of the reason they settled down so fast was they both realize snout has no idea of the background here and neither really feels like crafting a novel to explain it all. Also, it seems to imply rather strongly that this isnt a good versus evil thing, but a matter of philosophy or something. Like its clearly heated but not a fight to the death.
    It's also possible that they worried about consequences. They are in the middle of a mongrelfolk town. What we have seen in the past shows mongrelfolk as immensely dangerous. While I don't think that this is what Mookie had in mind, starting a fight looks like a good way to be thrown in jail or cut to pieces for disturbing the peace.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing as how the Ink Witch, at least, looks to be in her 20s (maybe?), I'd say this is just bad art and Same Face Syndrome.

Broiling hatred yet an ability to begrudgingly work together? Definitely looking like my "they're exes" prediction may not be as much of a joke as first thought.
    I hope it's not. The ink which could be in her 40s, but Ardak has shown her some Eco ork magic that keeps her young the vegan way? That would be so radical in a train-wreck kind of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

I think Aurdark is just a regular orc. I don't know how biology works in this work, but I don't think human + orc = mongrelfolk.
    It seems that that might be one route to the situation, going by the word at least, after all with dogs that's exactly what happens.

20. - Top - End - #530

Well, Orcs are a bit odd, because you can become one. Remember Reinholdt Hansi? https://www.dominic-deegan.com/comic/3122-20130117/

https://www.dominic-deegan.com/comic/2346-20100113/

He used to be human. This raised speculation that being an orc is actually an STD.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Well, Orcs are a bit odd, because you can become one. Remember Reinholdt Hansi? https://www.dominic-deegan.com/comic/3122-20130117/

He used to be human. This raised speculation that being an orc is actually an STD.
    "Life is an STD"

You can become one within one lifetime in that world? That is weird, werewolves and vampire you expect it, shapeshifters can look like other sorts in fiction, but actually changing species? that's far gone.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I hope it's not. The ink which could be in her 40s, but Ardak has shown her some Eco ork magic that keeps her young the vegan way? That would be so radical in a train-wreck kind of way.
    I mean, it could also just be that Mookie is bad at art and doesn't know how to draw middle age women. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post

Well, if being a orc is sexually transmitted, then Ardauk and Ink Witch are definitely not together, unless he got the orc virus after, but if they were both human when they were together, then Snout can't be their kid. Or, is being a mongrel also an STD?

Though, if Aurduk did get orced, that could be how the two broke up. He cheated on Ink Witch with a orc, and she found out when he woke up with tusks. The two had a nasty breakup, and they've hated each other ever since.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Well, if being a orc is sexually transmitted, then Ardauk and Ink Witch are definitely not together, unless he got the orc virus after, but if they were both human when they were together, then Snout can't be their kid. Or, is being a mongrel also an STD?
    Wasn't DD himself in a relationship with an orc without apparently turning into one?

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

Wasn't DD himself in a relationship with an orc without apparently turning into one?
    No, Luna was not an orc, she was a human who was cursed to have an orcish mouth.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Depends on the ex. If it's anything like mine, I'd have better chances working with a terrorist organization...

The reason is the same flaw in every Mookie story so far.

It was predictable that eventually they will work together.
    It's not a bad thing, and even being predictable does not necessarily mean it's bad.

However, it all depends on HOW it's led to the point, and this is where the usual problem rises: there is a plot point of the orc being an obstacle, and another plot point where they work together, but there is nothing in between.
    So what we see seems less like a former enemy becoming an ally, and more like "bored from the squabble, let them be friends and get it over with"

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Update

I'm so glad everything is clear now.
    It was SO worth the money.

Of course it's a BOOK, it has to have more pages than that, but that's what you get when you open a book in the middle and not from the start.

27. - Top - End - #537

I dont mind the stupid attempt to be all mysterious, but the one line about being a filter for the filth doesnt seem to fit the rest of it very well. All the rest is that "It is everything but nothing, true but false," blah blah blah inscrutable nonsense you see all the time in this sort of thing, but that part didnt work. It comes off more as some sort of racist message inserted into the description. "It also keeps the riffraff out"

28. - Top - End - #538

Elemecca time?

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, that should remove all clarity.

Looks like it was written by some stereotype cultist.
    Not just the word choice, the layout too.
    Oh well, they got all the information the book has to offer.
    Time to find the other books and open them on a random page.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Want to sound deep and insightful despite actually being an idiot? Just contradict everything you say! Works every time.

Why isn't there an eyeroll smiley?