Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: New Ganthar - fourth OOC thread

He used swift etherealness last round.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Firbolg in the Playground

Uh... guys... are we ****ed?
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Unless he didnt have a belt of battle making his turn illegal a little bit as he still took 2 standard actions.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by esorscher View Post
    Uh... guys... are we ****ed?
    Quite possibly. However, if we kill Dargun then the ritual on their side should be ruined. The survivors should bid a tactical retreat. If Yara lives, the construct can take on the demon while we focus on Dargun.
    Religious characters may want to start praying for some divine intervention. Going in after expending our resources in the shadow plane wasn't a good idea, not that we had much choice.
    (1d20+14)[19] Please please please fortitude.

Uh, anyone have a +5 modifier that I didn't add? DM, why?
    Last edited by Timble; 2020-01-16 at 09:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #635

Focus on Dargun, then? All out assault?
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

6. - Top - End - #636

*Shrug* I just got vaporised. Dargun and the demon are the active threats. Maybe Stazia if she ever busts out of the sphere.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Did u include the +4 from simply being near rosalind? Its not 5 but its almost there.

8. - Top - End - #638

So, I just need a +1 then.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Besides our DM said we didn't need the big M to win this, even with our dwindled resources so there has to be something we can do. After all we made one enemy flee and another join our side until Dargun is dead. I don't suppose any of you snuck big M into your pack did you?

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

These pages are crashing a bunch, and I put off my post until late in the evening! I'll do my ooc stuff now and IC in the morning.

Disarm: if power attack from the last turn affects this one, please delete five from the result: (1d20+45)[64]

Fortitude save (1d20+19)[32]
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    At present I am playing Sir Theo Roost, who rides Ardaionn the Giant Eagle and wields the newly improved Sword of Tariel

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Well damn....

So Rosalind is dazed (can't act this round) AND has a 0 strength score (or is 1 the lowest it can go), she can't heal as DC 29 means she needs a 15 or higher which with the RNG will not happen. Everyone but Yara is effected by Blashpmey I believe meaning no one gets to act this round and Yara is dead....I correct my statement from earlier, we are screwed.

How were we with low resources supposed to beat all five people when we are about to die from 2?
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2020-01-17 at 12:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #642

Well, I haven't found any errors in my fortitude save value, unfortunately meaning that it doesn't go up. I have no immediate power that would disrupt him. My two main hopes are:
    1: Cloak of Arachnidia: If Dargun becomes a spider and Destruction becomes a poison, everything's fine.
    2: Ring of Blinking: I forgot I had this... of course another 50% chance of death isn't great even if I'd remembered to turn it on.

So yeah, I have nothing. I was going to ask the Dalver Crystal for info on my next turn. Guess I'll see what Yara can do from the other side.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    Unless he didnt have a belt of battle making his turn illegal a little bit as he still took 2 standard actions.
    Since it gives me an excuse to undo vapourising Yara, I won't argue!

I'll have him use necrotic curse and not cast Destruction this round. I'll edit accordingly.

In my head this fight has always been the climactic encounter of the campaign. It is therefore deliberately designed to be at the upper limits of what you can do, and if your party hadn't repeatedly proven able to scoff at challenge ratings I would have done it differently.

I assumed you'd surprise me and one-shot or banish a couple of villains, so the encounter was designed with spares.

As it is, you've removed two from play, and convinced another to join your side.

14. - Top - End - #644

Sweet. Yara lives another round.

I'd say we focus on the demon. If we killed Dargun, then Krom likely turns on us. While Krom fights Dargun, we kill the demon. I can have Yara seal them both in a wall of ectoplasm so Dargun can't effect us while Krom lives. Edit: Though, Rosalind does need to be in the area and probably in line of effect to keep Krom on our side... either she's in too or we just forget the wall. Or get the control armour off.
    Last edited by Timble; 2020-01-17 at 02:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

At the risk of metagaming, there are no more combat encounters today after this fight. I strongly suggest using any and all limited use resources that might tip the balance.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

Rosalind has healing spells and remove disease...she has nothing that will help given the fact she cant do anything for a round which means perseus is dead this round next round theo.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

1- Mountain Hammer
    2- War Leader's Charge
    3- White Raven Tactics
    4- Rallying Strike
    5- Divine Surge
    6- Radiant Charge
    7- Order Forged from Chaos

(1d7)[6]

EDIT POST IC - Jeez I'm really failing at this whole sword business. If the demon's AC is no better than 36, I put 100 on him. How much can Yara do to destroy it??
    Last edited by gallagher; 2020-01-17 at 12:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    At present I am playing Sir Theo Roost, who rides Ardaionn the Giant Eagle and wields the newly improved Sword of Tariel

18. - Top - End - #648

I've got nothing, my better spells are ranged and so have a 50% chance of hitting the construct instead. Might just delay Yara's turn, or prepare Null Psionics in case of magical attack.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If you're worried about hitting the construct, why not target Dargun instead?

20. - Top - End - #650

I'm low on power. The Prepared Null Psionics cost nothing if it isn't triggered. Secondly, Dargun is about to be in combat with Krom, the survivor turning against us (Dargun may target us before Krom dies though), so the healthier each combatant is, the worse off the survivor will be. If Krom kills Dargun too easily, he will be harder for us to fight. Finally, Dargun kinda just vaporised me. Better play it safe and not make a target of Yara until we can just swarm him.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Okay. Then with everyone else dazed by the Blasphemy (I believe Gunn is no longer evil?) that makes it the NPCs' turn again.

22. - Top - End - #652

Yeah, Gunn is not evil anymore :(

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The one time it would have been useful!

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

What was the DC you set for Rosalind to cast a lethal spell as a nonlethal spell? Asking because well I have few options left.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I can't recall what we said before. And, if I remember rightly, the risk was that if she failed the check and cast it as a lethal spell she would break her vow.

Let's say a DC 20 caster level check. That gives her I believe a good chance of success while carrying considerable risk.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I still have a few more options open (as 1d6 holy damage and a DC14 fort save is not going to harm Dargun as much as I like. Then again...Krom may respect her more for not using magic and actually fighting hand to hand...Interesting...

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

Well, as an option, you could do grapple or disarm checks. No chance of dealing lethal damage whatsoever!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

With a 1 in strength I have 0% chance of that working. At least attacking I use my wisdom score and thus have a good chance of at least hitting him 1 or 2 times/aid another

29. - Top - End - #659

Two hits on the construct.

Grapples to prevent escape:
    (1d20+38)[53]
    (1d20+38)[46]
    (1d20+38)[51]
    (1d20+38)[46]

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

I will post once my son gets on the bus.

Well almost rolled a crit, not that I think she would have been able to confirm it. However it does Give Dargun another target so hopefully Krom can get in his attack while Dargun is focused on her.....****, only first attack works, no FA on a move....
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2020-01-21 at 08:38 AM.