Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Insanity as a form of mental defense against insanity. I think their world might be as weird as ours is right now.

  2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Insanity as a form of mental defense against insanity. I think their world might be as weird as ours is right now.
    I think it's more of a two different classes of insanity issue really. One is the normal, run of the mill insanity and the other is the stab stab insanity. You have to be careful not to mix up the two, because otherwise you might wind up being the leader of an incredibly powerful family of mad scientists who possess remarkable power (with a short reach) as they rule from their mountain castle.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scarlet Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    I know this is a free comic, and I have been spoiled, but I am disappointed in the filler.

    Too early to enjoy a Halloween filler, not a side story, not a GG character, not even flimsy attire.

    I could have gone for a Sparafucile paper doll, even. I am curious what's beneath that cloak.

    I guess it's a compliment that previous fillers were high quality.
    “A long surcote of pers upon he hade, / And by his syde he baar a rusty blade.” - Chaucer

  4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    I know this is a free comic, and I have been spoiled, but I am disappointed in the filler.

    Too early to enjoy a Halloween filler, not a side story, not a GG character, not even flimsy attire.

    I could have gone for a Sparafucile paper doll, even. I am curious what's beneath that cloak.

    I guess it's a compliment that previous fillers were high quality.
    Huh. Are you sure? Looks like Seffie to me.

    But yeah, a bit to early.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

    Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")



  5. - Top - End - #545
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    I know this is a free comic, and I have been spoiled, but I am disappointed in the filler.

    Too early to enjoy a Halloween filler, not a side story, not a GG character, not even flimsy attire.

    I could have gone for a Sparafucile paper doll, even. I am curious what's beneath that cloak.

    I guess it's a compliment that previous fillers were high quality.
    There are plenty of other instances of filler that were the same style. Like the coffee ones.
    Honestly, they might have just wanted to do a drawing. It's not really a problem. It's a thrice a week comic either way, so you still get plenty of content this week.

    Do you guys think that we're leaving England after Luc gets taken out?
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    Do you guys think that we're leaving England after Luc gets taken out?
    Supposedly a trip to Africa is next on the list per an interview the Phil. After that Skiff. Honestly though I don't see a reason to go to Africa. Maybe it's a short stop?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

  7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Supposedly a trip to Africa is next on the list per an interview the Phil. After that Skiff. Honestly though I don't see a reason to go to Africa. Maybe it's a short stop?
    Didn't Agatha promise one of the Circus Sparks she would go there?
    Visit his home or something?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

    Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")



  8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Didn't Agatha promise one of the Circus Sparks she would go there?
    Visit his home or something?
    Doesnt she have more important things to do than go visit a carnies home town on another continent?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  9. - Top - End - #549
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Couldn't there easily be a good reason to go to Africa? 1). Investigate the death of a former Queen. 2). Consult with a spark about the time stop in Mechanicsberg, Agatha has most of the clues she needs for that now so one more scene to get things completed would work. 3). Follow up on clues about The Other, Lucrezia and her time shenanigans.

  10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Well, Embi made a sacred vow to a "Great Devil Goddess" that is supposedly responsible for his long life. Kinda sounds like a possible living Queen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

  11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Well, Embi made a sacred vow to a "Great Devil Goddess" that is supposedly responsible for his long life. Kinda sounds like a possible living Queen...
    That has potential. Another option being, "We used to meet in africa before lucrezia wiped most of us out. There may be remains left behind that show how she was able to control time."
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  12. - Top - End - #552
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Plot-wise, she pretty much has to meet with the Circus before leaving England. And going to Embi's homeland would give him a reason to be in the comic in the first place, so I sure hope that's what happens. And presumably there is a living Queen there and/or a working Mirror, which is how Agatha and Co. will actually reach Skifander.

    Also, Zeetha and Bang have to have their showdown, and Lady Steelgarter will get another shot at our favorite Amazon. And I wouldn't be surprised if the latter leads to learning how and why England is sinking, since I bet the eyeball guy that Steelgarter talked to is involved in that and is still alive. And also, there's a pretty good chance Albia dies and is replaced with the mortal Princess Urania.

  13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    Honestly, they might have just wanted to do a drawing. It's not really a problem. It's a thrice a week comic either way, so you still get plenty of content this week.
    That's exactly what Kaja said on the update page. She asked Phil to draw something specific, he spent too much time on it, no comic today. Look at cool thing we made.

  14. - Top - End - #554
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yikes, I guess this might be why it's literally unthinkable to go against Albia's will.

  15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    Yikes, I guess this might be why it's literally unthinkable to go against Albia's will.
    Now, what is concerning are the two primary possibilities why KROSP sensed it.

    1) The more benign? Albia learned the process Vapnoople used to demand obeisance in his minions and replicated it in her subjects.

    2) Krosps' brain isn't necessarily feline in origin.


    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  16. - Top - End - #556
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Agi Hammerthief's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    see homepage
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post

    Now, what is concerning are the two primary possibilities why KROSP sensed it.

    1) The more benign? Albia learned the process Vapnoople used to demand obeisance in his minions and replicated it in her subjects.

    2) Krosps' brain isn't necessarily feline in origin.
    Krosp was constructed by a britt, maybe it’s so fundamentally built in that Vapnoople replicated it when constructing him
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2019-09-30 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spoilertags
    * my emphasis

    http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

    Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

  17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post

    Now, what is concerning are the two primary possibilities why KROSP sensed it.

    1) The more benign? Albia learned the process Vapnoople used to demand obeisance in his minions and replicated it in her subjects.

    2) Krosps' brain isn't necessarily feline in origin.

    Wasn't Krosp supposed to be the emperor of cats or something? Maybe VapNoople took some inspiration from the queen's mind control and tried to build something similar, and that is why Krosp can sense something being send, even if he couldn't sense the message itself.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Wasn't Krosp supposed to be the emperor of cats or something? Maybe VapNoople took some inspiration from the queen's mind control and tried to build something similar, and that is why Krosp can sense something being send, even if he couldn't sense the message itself.
    IIRC, it's only Krosp who believed he was to be the Emperor of Cats, and only because of the rambling of Dim...

    But it's later that we find out that the Bears are encoded to obey Krosp, recognizing him by scent. Krosp has no control over cats....
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  19. - Top - End - #559
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    Krosp was constructed by a britt, maybe it’s so fundamentally built in that Vapnoople replicated it when constructing him
    Dimitri Vapnoople was British? I always assumed he was Russian, what with being called Dimitri and all. I doubt Albia would allow someone like him to develop in her realm.

    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    IIRC, it's only Krosp who believed he was to be the Emperor of Cats, and only because of the rambling of Dim...

    But it's later that we find out that the Bears are encoded to obey Krosp, recognizing him by scent. Krosp has no control over cats....
    He can control them, it's just that they forget their orders.
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) The more benign? Albia learned the process Vapnoople used to demand obeisance in his minions and replicated it in her subjects.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd flip that. Far more likely that Vapnoodle managed to figure out a part of Albia's trick and integrated it into his own design. Dmitri really shouldn't be teaching ancient super-queen goddesses.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

    1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

  21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I'd flip that. Far more likely that Vapnoodle managed to figure out a part of Albia's trick and integrated it into his own design. Dmitri really shouldn't be teaching ancient super-queen goddesses.
    As Albia is doing to Lucrezia now, what would keep Vapnoople from doing to Albia, if he knew her process, at least on a local level.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Yup, looks like Gil spoke the literal truth. British subjects cannot defy Albia. Even the wasped ones obey her.

  23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Yup, looks like Gil spoke the literal truth. British subjects cannot defy Albia. Even the wasped ones obey her.
    Gil also said he had been to England at some point. I wonder if he knows more about Albia and England than we know.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

  24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    That wouldn't be hard. He's had History of Europa I, II, III and IIII.

  25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scarlet Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Well, now I see why Krosp was affected; his mother was a British Shorthair & his father was a Cornish Rex. Quite.
    “A long surcote of pers upon he hade, / And by his syde he baar a rusty blade.” - Chaucer

  26. - Top - End - #566
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Well, now I see why Krosp was affected; his mother was a British Shorthair & his father was a Cornish Rex. Quite.
    To be all pedantic, it's been stated twice in the comic that he's a Moldavian Puff.

    Interesting to note that way back in 2000 when the Foglios wrote The Secret Blueprints, their description of Krosp includes mention of the fact that part of his brain is actually from a human general. No idea if this little tidbit is still canon.

  27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    A simpler solution might be, her mind control works through the animal instincts in every mind. Being a cat krosp is more in tune with said instincts so he could feel the mental wave pass by even though he wasnt a target. I also get the feeling that he might be easier to take control of, but being a cat, would require constant focus to maintain that control.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Spoiler
    Show
    Martellus as the voice of reason? How did that happen?
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

  29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Cheyenne's colouring looks different to me lately, both in Goblins and GG. I actually like it. Something about rounded surfaces, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

  30. - Top - End - #570
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    To be all pedantic, it's been stated twice in the comic that he's a Moldavian Puff.
    A particularly heathenish breed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •