New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

2. - Top - End - #992
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenius View Post
    That honestly looks way cooler than Lucrezia’s Queen-look.

Just reminiscing.

(Admittedly, Lucrezia had a bunch of people shooting and punching her, which made it a bit harder to focus on the flashy cool effects, I guess.).
    Sincerely,
    NobleCuriosity

3. - Top - End - #993
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

So if that perhaps resolves the "Ceiling Lucrezia" problem, and there were perhaps Indications that Agatha might end up in Africa some time soon...
    - She still needs to exit the undersea lab
    - We still need to resolve (or sidestep kick-the-can-down-the-road) Pirate Queen Bang vs Zeetha...
    - Can Wooster be revivified (or was he not all the way zapped?)
    - If she's going to Africa, is the Circus going to be part of things?
    - Does Albia send Agatha towards Africa to hunt for Queens and/or Skifander?
    - Lady Four-arms?
    - The Eye?
    - What ever happened to our other-dimensional traveler?
    - Is Tarvek right as rain now, or is he rightly insane, or ???
    - Who will continue in the Companions/traveling party? Both Tarvek and Gil? Plus or minus Tweedle?

I'm sure there are at least another half-dozen major loose ends...and we still don't have anything close to a time(loop) path that explains the Agatha+Gil+Geisterdamen sightings near the beginning, nor the multiple incarnations of Lucrezia that have visited Albia in the past...

Here's to hoping for many many more healthy and productive years for Phil and Kaja so they can wrap this all up in a bow...
    Imageshack ate my Avatar from Erfworld dontcha know. .

4. - Top - End - #994
    Colossus in the Playground

Gil CANT go with agatha. As much as he may want to, he has to run europa and protect it from the other and her various mind controlled minions. I know we saw that time window of him with her but still, as things stand now, if he leaves, europe is like 90% handed over to the other to rule. Btw, what happened to his nanny bot and how will his dad no longer being in there change things? Should be interesting to find out. It IS possible there is some sort of contingency plan where if the baron overlay is discovered to be purged gil no longer gets to be in charge due to fear of him being wasped.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #995
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NobleCuriosity View Post
    It sure does.

6. - Top - End - #996

NecromancerGuy

Sometimes the number of years I've been reading this comic terrifies me.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ripple View Post
    So if that perhaps resolves the "Ceiling Lucrezia" problem, and there were perhaps Indications that Agatha might end up in Africa some time soon...
    - She still needs to exit the undersea lab
    - We still need to resolve (or sidestep kick-the-can-down-the-road) Pirate Queen Bang vs Zeetha...
    - Can Wooster be revivified (or was he not all the way zapped?)
    - If she's going to Africa, is the Circus going to be part of things?
    - Does Albia send Agatha towards Africa to hunt for Queens and/or Skifander?
    Re: Africa. It should be noted that we only know about this because Phil mentioned it in an interview years ago, and he could have changed his mind. Assuming that it's still the plan, the obvious route is Embi the Circus member. Agatha reunites with the troop, he tells her something about his homeland that sparks her interest, and she goes there. Probably something to the effect the place is ruled by a living Queen and/or has a functioning Mirror; I'll even bet said Queen is the one who extended his lifespan. The fact that the Foglios went well out of their way to give Embi a backstory, which none of the other Circus-members got, increases the likelihood of this.
    Steelgarter will probably tie into this as well; she'll cause some sort of trouble that leads to Agatha needing to get to Skifander, and the Africa-mirror will be the only way to do it.
    And I doubt Albia will send Agatha there; there's gonna be a showdown between the two about this "garden" of Albia's, which I further predict is how Albia maintains her uber-Sparky power. I wouldn't be surprised if Albia dies or is de-throned before this is all over, and it's her successor (probably the mortal Princess Urania) who sends Agatha off, either in gratitude or to get her out of the country.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    That might be how it works both ways, thinking about it--each personality can observe what the other one is doing when they're not in control, but they don't have access to the other personality's memories. Lucrezia's been in Agatha's head for a long time, so has "seen" a lot of Agatha's life, whereas Agatha's seen nothing of Lu's previous life.
    I'm pretty sure the personalities couldn't observe at first, and that at best they get some leakage from the other side, not full awareness. The first few of instances the personalities change, it's pretty obvious the two aren't aware of what was transpiring when they weren't dominant. They are only vaguely aware of the other personality being present even when dominant, and only as "pushing" or "fighting."

It's in the castle that we start to see some information and influence crossing the personality boundary. But even that seems limited. The leakage is definitely both memory and current awareness.
    ~Xel

9. - Top - End - #999
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    The fact that the Foglios went well out of their way to give Embi a backstory, which none of the other Circus-members got
    Lars and Zeetha both got backstories (Lars was a cheesemaker’s apprentice, and I’m sure you remember Zeetha).
    Sincerely,
    NobleCuriosity

10. - Top - End - #1000

Just reminiscing.

(Admittedly, Lucrezia had a bunch of people shooting and punching her, which made it a bit harder to focus on the flashy cool effects, I guess.).
    Also, that only needed to be drawn for, what, 4 pages? Many of which she swallows up the whole screen? Keeping details like the entire ring of mechanical machines floating around her straight would be a lot of work to go about for a continuous period of time.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    Also, that only needed to be drawn for, what, 4 pages? Many of which she swallows up the whole screen? Keeping details like the entire ring of mechanical machines floating around her straight would be a lot of work to go about for a continuous period of time.
    Considering how detailed and full of little jokes the one-off backgrounds in Girl Genius can be, I do not think it was the issue. It is just that there was no reason for floating machines now. Lucrezia went Spark2 in a conscious and deliberate manner, so no machines were needed. Agatha was jump started, so her higher spark state was not fully hers and needed some helping equipment. That, or she was assembling everyrhing needed for curing the gang on the fly.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

This is quite satisfying; but after all these years and years of Lucrezia-in-Agatha torment, I hope we get more than just an "I'm melting, melting, what a world, what a world" resolution.

And the hand was Tweedle's. I'm used to being wrong. But I didn't think he was THAT tall.

13. - Top - End - #1003

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Considering how detailed and full of little jokes the one-off backgrounds in Girl Genius can be, I do not think it was the issue. It is just that there was no reason for floating machines now. Lucrezia went Spark2 in a conscious and deliberate manner, so no machines were needed. Agatha was jump started, so her higher spark state was not fully hers and needed some helping equipment. That, or she was assembling everyrhing needed for curing the gang on the fly.
    I figure Agatha was just using that moment of supreme clarity to simultaneously work on a dozen projects. And having them orbit her just made it so much more convenient.

14. - Top - End - #1004

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    I'm pretty sure the personalities couldn't observe at first, and that at best they get some leakage from the other side, not full awareness. The first few of instances the personalities change, it's pretty obvious the two aren't aware of what was transpiring when they weren't dominant. They are only vaguely aware of the other personality being present even when dominant, and only as "pushing" or "fighting."

It's in the castle that we start to see some information and influence crossing the personality boundary. But even that seems limited. The leakage is definitely both memory and current awareness.
    Looking through those links brought me to this page, and for the first time I've realised that all four interpretations are perfectly accurate. Moxana's good at her job.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    This is quite satisfying; but after all these years and years of Lucrezia-in-Agatha torment, I hope we get more than just an "I'm melting, melting, what a world, what a world" resolution.

And the hand was Tweedle's. I'm used to being wrong. But I didn't think he was THAT tall.
    Queen Lu seems to be a bit smaller than Albia's giant form, and Tweedle's a big guy. He might be able to reach if he jumped.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

16. - Top - End - #1006

Lars and Zeetha both got backstories (Lars was a cheesemaker’s apprentice, and I’m sure you remember Zeetha).
    OK, fine, I forgot about Lars, and yes, Balthazar's father worked for the Gilded Duke before that worthy got stomped by Klaus. I didn't count Zeetha as 'circus folk' because she's a Main Character, and as the Love Interest du jour, Lars would get some extra character development. The plot sent Agatha out of her way to peel beets and talk to Embi. I stand by my prediction.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    OK, fine, I forgot about Lars, and yes, Balthazar's father worked for the Gilded Duke before that worthy got stomped by Klaus. I didn't count Zeetha as 'circus folk' because she's a Main Character, and as the Love Interest du jour, Lars would get some extra character development. The plot sent Agatha out of her way to peel beets and talk to Embi. I stand by my prediction.
    I agree with your prediction, I just also agree that embi was hardly the only one with at least some semblance of a backstory. Its similar to wooster and how clearly we were shown that he is a british agent who also wanted to bring agatha to england, giving us the ready made tool to justify her getting there when the foglios were ready for that arc. Its the difference to plot hooks/chekovs guns and simple backstory information. Like the relationship between tarvek and violetta. That wasnt a plot hook, it just gave us more information on their relationship. Embis backround, woosters career, these were plot hooks introduced as background info.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #1008

A riveting update. Martellus seems to be wiping his mouth (didn't like kissing the other?) and Agatha goes "AHAAAAH".

The big question is this: What is it Zeetha has observed off-panel when she says, "Hey, those guys are -", and how is it going to spoil the mother-purge?

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
    A riveting update. Martellus seems to be wiping his mouth (didn't like kissing the other?) and Agatha goes "AHAAAAH".

The big question is this: What is it Zeetha has observed off-panel when she says, "Hey, those guys are -", and how is it going to spoil the mother-purge?
    I also like the contrast between the grand inside fight we have seen and the slightly anticlimatic outside view.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

Small detail but apparently queens don't permanently transform their clothes either. Agatha is back to her old overalls.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I have the feeling "those guys" are hauling away Clank Lu.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

In case you were wondering, the upside down dialogue is just the dialogue from the previous page all jumbled up.

It's not going to spoil the purge. Head-Lucrezia is gone.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    That would be my guess. With the way things are going, they'd be fools to stay.

The thing is, we don't know whose side they're on. Crank Lu may be leaving the frying pan and entering the blast furnace.

24. - Top - End - #1014

Beholder

Huh. I just noticed a small continuity error. Violetta's clothes are currently white instead of purple.

Either that, or queen-mode Lucrezia magically bleached them for some reason.
    Last edited by xroads; 2019-11-15 at 11:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

It’s a neat touch that the process of putting Agatha back in control and kicking out Lucrezia involves mechanical Heterodyning (see panel 1), as having her dingbots Heterodyne was how Agatha originally held Lucrezia off back at Sturmhalten (until Tarvek sabotaged them, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
    Huh. I just noticed a small continuity error. Violetta's clothes are currently white instead of purple.

Either that, or queen-mode Lucrezia magically bleached them for some reason.
    You’re right! You can clearly see the purple here, and you can still see a scrap of them being purple on the first page where Lucrezia grows to queen mode here.

I suppose it’s possible she just changed (she is a smoke knight). It’s also possible it’s some side effect of that drug she took wearing off, since she’s also back to her normal skin tone in this page (or a lot closer to it than her previously reddened skin was, anyway).
    Last edited by NobleCuriosity; 2019-11-15 at 12:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Either that, or they're heading down the hallway marked 'emergency station explosion button ->'
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

I blew up and rotated the speech balloons:

"WAIT! NO! (garbled) WAIT! NOT VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT!"

"LET ME YOU'RE STRONG DAUGHTER TAUGHT ME (garbled) PLENTY TEACH MOTHER YOU!!"

The speech looks like a mix of both Agatha and her "guest". Agatha seems to be winning.

28. - Top - End - #1018

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Either that, or they're heading down the hallway marked 'emergency station explosion button ->'
    The two actions are not mutually exclusive.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that's one "Whore-crux" gone.

Dimo: "Vait! Duz enyvun her vater runnink?"
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Well, that's one "Whore-crux" gone.
    You win this round, hero, but I'll get you next time. And your little weasel too!