New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Quick review of possible continuity factors in this comic:

1) Effects of Martellus' drink.

2) Why one of our favorite jaegers took the drink.

3) Effects of whatever Violetta took.

4) Foreshadowing how Violetta may behave over the next week (comic time) and how she may be treating Martellus.

5) Slight discussion of what having his father in his head was like for Gil.

6) What Gil may have learned from his father.

7) Hints about what the Baron (and maybe Gil) know about Zeetha.

8) Judging be Zeetha's reaction, hints that she knows what that's about (meaning Gil may be her twin brother and she may have figured that out).

9) Also, we may have an Agatha clank on sight--or someone else's clank.

10) If it's someone else, Bang may be about to show up to attack the base, which could at least provide everyone with a sub to leave on if the others have been scuttled.

11) Even if it's not Bang's, they may need to be in the right place for plot.

12) Oh, and Gil's response to being possessed by Klaus needs to fit the rules they'll need for the remaining length of the series for possession and for what Gil can and can't know.

So, that's a lot of stuff to get exactly right. I can see why they took their time.
    It kinda looks like they still screwed up number 5:

Today, Zeetha said "So, you're also free?" But she was standing next to Agatha here when Targek and Gil say that Klaus is out of Gil's head, so it seems like she should already know that.

Also, what happened to Seffie? She was last seen here, and it's not clear where she went, or rather, who's carrying her.

2. - Top - End - #1142

That look on Vi's face in panel 3...it's like she just realized tomorrow is Christmas and she's gonna get the present at the top of her wish list.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post

Today, Zeetha said "So, you're also free?" But she was standing next to Agatha here when Targek and Gil say that Klaus is out of Gil's head, so it seems like she should already know that.

Also, what happened to Seffie? She was last seen here, and it's not clear where she went, or rather, who's carrying her.
    Also Violetta's inexplicably back to wearing purple.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

Today, Zeetha said "So, you're also free?"
    I think she was just trying to start a conversation.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Is Gil ever going to react to Wooster's death or what?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Bugbear in the Playground

There's no sign of Sparafucile the Smoke Knight, so hopefully the Foglios have her collecting Seffie. And Rakethorn gathering up any surviving Society minions, for that matter.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Sounds like Zeetha is trying to get confirmation and/or conversation more than finding out. Like you could do surgery on someone's leg, but it isn't weird to ask them a bit later "so did the surgery work out?"

2. I'm not sure, her smoke knight and Rakethorn aren't there either so the three of them are probably off doing...something.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    It'll probably sink in when he's not running for his life out of an underwater dome that's going to explode in less than 15 minutes. (Also, it's not like he and Wooster were friends--you might recall that the last time Gil saw him before this, he was putting the fear on him to ensure Agatha wouldn't be imprisoned when she came to England).
    Last edited by factotum; 2019-11-26 at 02:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Barbarian in the Playground

Stiff upper lip, and all that.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It'll probably sink in when he's not running for his life out of an underwater dome that's going to explode in less than 15 minutes. (Also, it's not like he and Wooster were friends--you might recall that the last time Gil saw him before this, he was putting the fear on him to ensure Agatha wouldn't be imprisoned when she came to England).
    He and Wooster were very good friends.
    Use of fear is notable. But in this world, threatening one's friend instead of killing them to make sure something doesn't happen is a good sing.

I imagine the moment they get out and realize what happened, they'll all be in veritable tears. Or at least Gil, Agatha and Thorpe.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

-Squire Doodad

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Oh come on, who HASN'T put the fear on their friends when something important comes up?
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Not yet. He's busy.

However, I strongly suspect that when a huge amount of damage is done to The Other in the near future, the phrase "That was for Wooster!" will be uttered.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

13. - Top - End - #1153

Too short a line. It needs to be at least a two minute Spark-rant.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Too short a line. It needs to be at least a two minute Spark-rant.
    When things need to be done, Gil does not rant. Most of the times he did it on purpose to strike fear or otherwise manipulate people. The only rant he genuinely did go on was when he trashed Vole here (and the next few pages). Even then I am not sure, if he did not let the emotions out very much on purpose considering his comment on workplace communication here.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ah! Finally! Thirteen years I’ve been waiting for this particular Chekhov’s clank to get it’s day...

I was worried it was only going to turn out to be scenery when nothing happened after the castle and beast found it.
    ~Xel

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    Ah! Finally! Thirteen years I’ve been waiting for this particular Chekhov’s clank to get it’s day...

I was worried it was only going to turn out to be scenery when nothing happened after the castle and beast found it.
    For anyone else thinking "Wait, what mini spherical clank-copter is that?" This was one of Agatha's "Backup Plan" clanks from Sturmhalten. It actually got it's own mini-story arc.
    see:
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...5#.Xd4MB1dKiUk
    Through
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...3#.Xd4P1ldKiUl
    Last edited by GaeasSon; 2019-11-27 at 12:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

My goodness. That's another Chekov's Clank huh? Foglios left so many of these strewn all over the place over the years.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

This clank showing up is not making a whole lot of sense to me right now. Agatha sent that clank away two and half years ago (in comic) with a message to get help. Agatha should know what the message it carries is since she sent it. So this really doesn't have any purpose. Of course we know damn well that the Profs don't do stuff like that and that would suggest that the message this clank has is not the one Agatha sent it out with. If this idea is correct, who gave it the new message? Her Uncle a future version of herself?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

Well played, Mister Trogulus. Get rid of those annoying surface dwellers with STYLE! And without having to answer questions.

Quote Originally Posted by GaeasSon View Post
    For anyone else thinking "Wait, what mini spherical clank-copter is that?" This was one of Agatha's "Backup Plan" clanks from Sturmhalten. It actually got it's own mini-story arc.
    see:
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...5#.Xd4MB1dKiUk
    Through
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...3#.Xd4P1ldKiUl
    Yes, the little guy (gal?) was really smart and defeated the dragon-let! Its reappearance now is odd. We'll have to see what it has to say.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Well played, Mister Trogulus. Get rid of those annoying surface dwellers with STYLE! And without having to answer questions.

Yes, the little guy (gal?) was really smart and defeated the dragon-let! Its reappearance now is odd. We'll have to see what it has to say.
    I’m wondering if Trogulus has any malicious intent. I don’t think so, but that dialogue makes me think it’s possible, and I don’t think Mrs. Thorpe will get any answers out of him anytime soon, either.

As for the clank: It’s possible it’s less what it has to say and more “who heard what it had to say and got the chance to study it,” at least if the castle and train can identify whose lab had it.
    Last edited by NobleCuriosity; 2019-11-27 at 11:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Smooth, Trogulus, real smooth.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by NobleCuriosity View Post
    I’m wondering if Trogulus has any malicious intent. I don’t think so, but that dialogue makes me think it’s possible
    If he had malicious intent he wouldn't be offering to help them leave the dome, because they'd die when it goes up. If he's lying about helping them leave then his lie will be found out pretty quickly, in plenty of time for someone else to sacrifice themselves. So, I think he's entirely on the level and is just very happy because he's effectively got away with murder--he'll swim away into the ocean after the dome goes and they'll never find him again.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    This clank showing up is not making a whole lot of sense to me right now. Agatha sent that clank away two and half years ago (in comic) with a message to get help. Agatha should know what the message it carries is since she sent it. So this really doesn't have any purpose. Of course we know damn well that the Profs don't do stuff like that and that would suggest that the message this clank has is not the one Agatha sent it out with. If this idea is correct, who gave it the new message? Her Uncle a future version of herself?
    It is definitely the one Agatha sent. The Castle and the Beast found it in the dome while wandering around on their own. There was even a chalkboard with the word "Sturmhalten" scrawled on it.

24. - Top - End - #1164

Wooster - just how dead is he. They are all acting as if he's dead, and we saw him get zapped, but were we shown his body? I don't recall seeing it. Even if we were, in GG there's dead and there's dead and gone for good.

I'm not ruling out that he IS dead, and in many ways a heroic death fits the character, but the series has gone out of its way to avoid killing protagonists before despite facing circumstances that should have killed them (excepting Lars whose death was necessary for Agatha's character growth), so I can't help thinking that we are in for a sappy story arc with the spark of the realm realizing that she not only liked, but loved him, just for him to show up again sometime later to save the day under improbably circumstances after which at the end of the England chapter of the story they'll retire to life of adventuring together. Or something like that.
    Last edited by Deliverance; 2019-11-27 at 02:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1165

Multiple characters looked down on his remains and talked about him being dead. Wooster is very dead, it's just that the Foglios again decided against showing a messy corpse.

26. - Top - End - #1166

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Multiple characters looked down on his remains and talked about him being dead. Wooster is very dead, it's just that the Foglios again decided against showing a messy corpse.
    You are probably right, but let me remind you of Dr. Sun's immortal words: "I've seen worse" from

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...8#.Xd7r89V7n4E

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Troggy can swim, but it's probably pretty deep down, right? Won't he be crushed by the pressure?
    Or can we assume "frogguymcgee has inherent immunity to water and depth related injuries"?

Either way at least we don't lose Thorpe. We've lost enough major secondary characters...

-Squire Doodad

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

If he had malicious intent he wouldn't be offering to help them leave the dome, because they'd die when it goes up. If he's lying about helping them leave then his lie will be found out pretty quickly, in plenty of time for someone else to sacrifice themselves. So, I think he's entirely on the level and is just very happy because he's effectively got away with murder--he'll swim away into the ocean after the dome goes and they'll never find him again.
    His malicious intent doesn’t need to be getting them killed—it could just be covering something up in the dome.

Alternately, he could sabotage the docking himself (I doubt it though).
    Sincerely,
    NobleCuriosity

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Firbolg in the Playground

This has been the first time in a long while that I have really appreciated a character. Nice job, Trogulus!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NobleCuriosity View Post
    His malicious intent doesn’t need to be getting them killed—it could just be covering something up in the dome.

Alternately, he could sabotage the docking himself (I doubt it though).
    He's got an easy escape plan, no witnesses for where he went, and Thorpe hasn't seen much beyond killing a couple people who were actively trying to take the throne. Plus, he's friends with all of them! By Agatha's standards at any rate.

Troggy has quite literally no reason to want to sabotage the dock aside from having a secret evil plan we couldn't possibly have known about.

/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Sometimes I remember Jaegers can have kids. Including a great-great grandson?
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-11-27 at 05:38 PM.

-Squire Doodad