New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

Fishman got style.
    Great way to get away from the crazy folks investigating your murders.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Dwarf in the Playground

My current theory on Wooster's death is that he is dead-dead solely because he was a romantic loose end; he was chasing Thorpe, Thorpe's been assigned to Gil, now Gil and Agatha each have three suitors. We are spared Wooster drinking himself into a stupor because he chooses duty over love and we miss an opportunity for Thorpe to have some character development when -she- has to make that choice after finding Wooster blind drunk.

In the Queen's garden, duty to the queen always comes first. To do anything less is literally unthinkable.

That said, no, we did not see Wooster's corpse and now we have a homicidal lab assistant on the loose who will NOT be inconvenienced by the dome becoming an aquatic environment, so I'd say there's at least a small but not insignificant chance that Ardsley makes a dramatic return, swinging in through a window in several years' time.
    Last edited by diremage; 2019-11-27 at 08:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by diremage View Post
    My current theory on Wooster's death is that he is dead-dead solely because he was a romantic loose end; he was chasing Thorpe, Thorpe's been assigned to Gil, now Gil and Agatha each have three suitors. We are spared Wooster drinking himself into a stupor because he chooses duty over love and we miss an opportunity for Thorpe to have some character development when -she- has to make that choice after finding Wooster blind drunk.

In the Queen's garden, duty to the queen always comes first. To do anything less is literally unthinkable.

That said, no, we did not see Wooster's corpse and now we have a homicidal lab assistant on the loose who will NOT be inconvenienced by the dome becoming an aquatic environment, so I'd say there's at least a small but not insignificant chance that Ardsley makes a dramatic return, swinging in through a window in several years' time.
    It sounds like the dome is going to blow up, not just get filled with water.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    It sounds like the dome is going to blow up, not just get filled with water.
    It's hundreds of feet below the surface, it can't explode without a nuke, it may be broken with explosives but it will implode.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    It's hundreds of feet below the surface, it can't explode without a nuke, it may be broken with explosives but it will implode.
    The dome is full of secret passages and airlocks, and built over an ancient eldritch cavern system that is probably still full of interdimensional fauna. Nobody is more familiar with the dome's layout than Trogzor and he clearly has a plan to survive the detonation.

Honestly, even if the dome DID get hit with a nuke I'd still file him under "Got away with it, even after those meddling kids tried to stop me." Although we probably won't see him again, apart from maybe a sort of where's-waldo cameo somewhere. He has fulfilled his narrative purpose and has several good reasons to stay far, far away from the Heterodyne catastrophe zone.

6. - Top - End - #1176

AssassinGuy

...has several good reasons to stay far, far away from the Heterodyne catastrophe zone.
    it’s not a catastrophe zone, it’s the glorious aura of Science! in progress!
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

7. - Top - End - #1177

If this was any sort of realistic setting, I'd concede the point, but we're dealing with Sparks. If they want it to blow out instead of in, out it will go.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    He's got an easy escape plan, no witnesses for where he went, and Thorpe hasn't seen much beyond killing a couple people who were actively trying to take the throne. Plus, he's friends with all of them! By Agatha's standards at any rate.

Troggy has quite literally no reason to want to sabotage the dock aside from having a secret evil plan we couldn't possibly have known about.

/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Sometimes I remember Jaegers can have kids. Including a great-great grandson?
    They likely had said kids before taking the jaegerdraught.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    ...Probably? But some of those ladies at Gkinka's seemed awful keen on moves like Jager. I noticed each of the three wild jagers seemed to have a show girl who had a matching costume.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

As I've said before, I think the Heterodonk (spelt different), is now Ogie. So any (non-Heterodyne) offspring of his are branch line heterodynes.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

11. - Top - End - #1181

...Probably? But some of those ladies at Gkinka's seemed awful keen on moves like Jager. I noticed each of the three wild jagers seemed to have a show girl who had a matching costume.
    That doesnt mean they can reproduce like regular folk. Of course it doesnt prove they cant either, so its hard to say for sure, but considering the one relative we did see of a jaeger was themself human, im going with the pre draught reproduction angle.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #1182

PirateCaptain

As I've said before, I think the Heterodonk (spelt different), is now Ogie. So any (non-Heterodyne) offspring of his are branch line heterodynes.
    If Oggie were a Heterodyne, don't you think he would have said something during all the breast-beating about not having a Heterodyne?

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Maybe the Draught makes you not 'count' as a Heterodyne anymore? The 50 families have their 'no resurrections' rule, the Heterodynes could have a similar rule exclusive to their family - turning yourself into a monster of some kind removes you from the line of succession. Keeps a limit on how crazy the self experimentation gets, and would be a rule the Castle would gleefully help enforce from its obsession with heirs. Gotta stay capable of breeding the next generation of Heterodynes.

That said, I don't think Oggie is a secret Heterodyne either.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-11-28 at 02:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1184

The Foglios have said, outside the strip, that if a Jager ever has children, they will be normal humans. Which would indicate that a Jager can have children.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Maybe the Draught makes you not 'count' as a Heterodyne anymore? The 50 families have their 'no resurrections' rule, the Heterodynes could have a similar rule exclusive to their family - turning yourself into a monster of some kind removes you from the line of succession. Keeps a limit on how crazy the self experimentation gets, and would be a rule the Castle would gleefully help enforce from its obsession with heirs. Gotta stay capable of breeding the next generation of Heterodynes.

That said, I don't think Oggie is a secret Heterodyne either.
    Some of the Heterodyne family crypts going into der Kestle arc have big "Do Not Open" signs on them. Some of them had multiple dates of death. I think a Heterodyne has to be "officially dead" to not count.

Besides, if being a monster stopped you from being The Heterodyne, I suspect there'd be practically nobody in the family who qualified.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

That doesnt mean they can reproduce like regular folk. Of course it doesnt prove they cant either, so its hard to say for sure, but considering the one relative we did see of a jaeger was themself human, im going with the pre draught reproduction angle.
    That doesn't follow. We have no reason to assume the effects of the draught are hereditary. The children of someone who takes steroids aren't born more muscular than others children.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

17. - Top - End - #1187

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    That doesn't follow. We have no reason to assume the effects of the draught are hereditary. The children of someone who takes steroids aren't born more muscular than others children.
    Taking steroids doesn't give you fangs and odd-coloured skin, though, both of which are suggestive of changes down at the DNA level and which *would* thus be hereditary. Apparently (per geoduck's comment above) the Foglios have confirmed being a jaeger isn't hereditary, though, so darned if I know how that works...

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Taking steroids doesn't give you fangs and odd-coloured skin, though, both of which are suggestive of changes down at the DNA level and which *would* thus be hereditary. Apparently (per geoduck's comment above) the Foglios have confirmed being a jaeger isn't hereditary, though, so darned if I know how that works...
    Being a jaeger apparently isn't even permanent if you don't get the brew just right. I bet Professor Haggard could make a fortune on dental products, though.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Taking steroids doesn't give you fangs and odd-coloured skin, though, both of which are suggestive of changes down at the DNA level and which *would* thus be hereditary.
    Only if the genitals are affected. To create fangs you need to modify the DNA of the cells in the mouth, nothing more.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

And we have a Jaeger turning the corner fully to being a good guy (though he would deny it).
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

This feels a tad superfluous. I mean, it's a good moment for the Jaegers, but at the same time it feels like we just finished the "SELFDESTRUCTIN4MINUTES" event. On the other hand, it is a good way to separate Agatha from the Jaegers without needing to have something so problematic that it causes the entire party to split.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Only if the genitals are affected. To create fangs you need to modify the DNA of the cells in the mouth, nothing more.
    Regardless, a pre-draught birth would result in normal kids. And even if it wasn't pre-draught, "Great-great grandson" probably is time enough to strip away most of the Jaeger genes.
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-11-29 at 12:10 PM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I suddenly, for the first time, find myself respecting Hadrian. Straight off to rescue the cooks.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

23. - Top - End - #1193

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I suddenly, for the first time, find myself respecting Hadrian. Straight off to rescue the cooks.
    Assuming that was his plan. He may feel the need to get away from agatha and report to the queen as she likely will want to know wtf has happened and trawleny is busy with gil. I mean, I cant recall, did they say where they intend to go from the sub? Back to albia? Onwards to the next adventure?

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    This feels a tad superfluous. I mean, it's a good moment for the Jaegers, but at the same time it feels like we just finished the "SELFDESTRUCTIN4MINUTES" event. On the other hand, it is a good way to separate Agatha from the Jaegers without needing to have something so problematic that it causes the entire party to split.
    Typical room full of geniuses. I bet nobody remembered to pack toilet paper either.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Well, his other option is to shrug his shoulders, let the jaegers run off and probably die, and more importantly piss Agatha off. It's literally unthinkable that he would abandon his duty, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows
    And we have a Jaeger turning the corner fully to being a good guy (though he would deny it).
    Well, he is still a general. He's had a couple years to come squarely to terms with things like this ultimately being his problem to deal with, whether he wants to or not. He gave the cooks orders, that means he's responsible if they die following those orders. Not necessarily Good, just Lawful.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

Typical room full of geniuses. I bet nobody remembered to pack toilet paper either.
    This is Dimo forgetting, not everyone not realizing anything. The cooks happened when the party wasn't there. Agatha is probably not complaining in this comic because it wouldn't make the scene look right aesthetically :/

Well, his other option is to shrug his shoulders, let the jaegers run off and probably die, and more importantly piss Agatha off. It's literally unthinkable that he would abandon his duty, after all.
    That doesn't mean it's any reason less to be in awe.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

26. - Top - End - #1196

Assuming that was his plan. He may feel the need to get away from Agatha and report to the queen as she likely will want to know wtf has happened and Trelawney is busy with Gil. I mean, I cant recall, did they say where they intend to go from the sub? Back to Albia? Onwards to the next adventure?
    The entire current action plan is "Get away before the place goes up", so no further plans are in motion at the moment.

Did the rest of Da Bearz get out too? I like them better than most of the human cast at this point.

27. - Top - End - #1197

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Did the rest of Da Bearz get out too? I like them better than most of the human cast at this point.
    Of course they did. Where Krosp is, the bears are.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Except ... He says this as soon as he hears that these people are there. He doesn't know that the Jagers are coming as well until the very last frame. It's almost a reflexive decision on his part.

Assuming that was his plan. He may feel the need to get away from agatha and report to the queen as she likely will want to know wtf has happened and trawleny is busy with gil. I mean, I cant recall, did they say where they intend to go from the sub? Back to albia? Onwards to the next adventure?
    There's nothing to stop him reporting back (or even sending a message via a nearby guard) once they get to the surface. He does not need to put his life in danger just to make a report.

And remember, Albia is not their (perceived) enemy here, so once on the surface he could just say "One of us should report this to the queen - I'll go" and the gang would happily let him. Under the circumstances Agatha might even ask one of the Jagers to escort him to keep him safe ("We've already lost Wooster. I'm not losing anyone else to HER!".

However, since they have the imprisoned Other in their hands, Albia may well be their destination in any case.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Firbolg in the Playground

I too have questions, Hadrian. I don't think they will get answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

The jaegers can occasionaly be useful for more than breaking heads. Of course, there's never gonna be an answer. Also, the art seems a bit weird today for some reason.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!