New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

One can only assume that the deepspeaker is looking at this; to be honest I'm amazed that it survived the shock wave and the sub being swallowed by the great cetacean... a Spark-level chef indeed.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    One can only assume that the deepspeaker is looking at this; to be honest I'm amazed that it survived the shock wave and the sub being swallowed by the great cetacean... a Spark-level chef indeed.
    Hmmm, seems the priest still appreciates a nice "bit of tail" ...
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, it's probably the statue, but it might be Dimo, he might impress them with the green skin and glowing eyes..

4. - Top - End - #1444

Why do I get the feeling we're about to get the next installment of Heterodyne brand whatevers?

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Hmmm, seems the priest still appreciates a nice "bit of tail" ...
    I feel quite sorry for the poor soul when he realises his latest pin-up girl has had the image doctored. Or chef'd.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that he was pointing at Othar Trygvassen: GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    You called it.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Okay, who tells him the lady looks much less fishy in person?

Maxim can help with his words again.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

9. - Top - End - #1449

Beholder

The speaker is going to be so dissapointed when he meets Agatha in person...

(Unless Rakethorn can stitch up a tail, or is that more for the diplomatic corps?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    The speaker is going to be so dissapointed when he meets Agatha in person...

(Unless Rakethorn can stitch up a tail, or is that more for the diplomatic corps?)
    We are dealing with sparks (Very strong sparks) here. They could probably whip a tail in an hour or three.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

11. - Top - End - #1451

This ought to be good. Where's Glyphstone with that popcorn maker?

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Ah, I think Hadrian is beginning to understand how Wooster felt. And that's before we get to the cheese dip...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

I had trouble imagining the Chef with a British accent, but now I keep hearing him as Eric Idle going "Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more!"

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    We are dealing with sparks (Very strong sparks) here. They could probably whip a tail in an hour or three.
    "Yes, the Aquamorph potion was designed to recue crews from crippled subs. How did you think our Navy Seals became...well...Navy seals?"
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

14. - Top - End - #1454

"Navy seals? I'm more familiar with the brown ones, but if it has a butt I will kick it." Bucky Katt
    Quote probably not accurate, since I haven't read Get Fuzzy in ages.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I hope they aren't anywhere near the blow-hole. A whale that size would have one hell of a blow when it surfaces for air...

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I hope they aren't anywhere near the blow-hole. A whale that size would have one hell of a blow when it surfaces for air...
    With all the talk of the Cetaceans living in the deepest depths of the ocean, I wouldn't be surprised if they have some other way of obtaining oxygen. Though I doubt the Foglios have wasted too much time worrying about such things.

17. - Top - End - #1457

And the truth of Axel Higgs is finally confirmed, long after most of us figured it out.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Zeetha is taking it rather well. When someone tells Gil I bet he's either going to make a show of being surprised (but isn't) or be like "Yeah? I figured that out X time ago."

And we are on page 49. Need to choose a new name!
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Colossus in the Playground

Girl Genius XXVII: Agatha Gets Some Tail.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

20. - Top - End - #1460

BlackDragon

Zeetha is taking it rather well.
    The dialogue in the scene indicates that he already told her at some point--note how he says "I should've told her *first*" when referring to Agatha, meaning Zeetha already knows. We don't know how long ago that was, either, she might have known his real identity since they left Mechanicsburg.

21. - Top - End - #1461

It may be the result of the conversation they just had a few pages ago.

22. - Top - End - #1462

AssassinGuy

Girl Genius XXVII: Mad Mermaid to the Rescue.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

The current votes are:

Code:
    Girl Genius XXVII: Hoy! Hennybody else not dead?        (6)   HandofShadows, factotum, wingnutx, Thomas Cardew, Ailurus, Grif
    Girl Genius XXVII: Hy iz so happy right now!            (1)   Manga Shoggoth
    Girl Genius XXVII: Why On Earth Aren't We Dead Yet?     (3)   Rockphed, SZbNAhL, NobleCuriosity
    Girl Genius XXVII: Not Dead und a Mystery               (1)   Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVII: Barely 98% water                     (2)   PraetorDragoon, SZbNAhL
    Girl Genius XXVII: Do Not Tell Me To "Calm Myself!"     (3)   Rogar Demonblud, Agi Hammerthief, Kantaki
    Girl Genius XXVII: No Friends Of Doctor Vapnoople       (1)   Rogar Demonblud
    Girl Genius XXVII: It's a catering job now              (2)   diremage, Rockphed

Girl Genius XXVII: What is the Dust Ape Babbling About  (1)   Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVII: Do Not Tell Me To "Calm Myself!"     (2)   Rockphed, mjp1050
    Girl Genius XXVII: Authors of the New Outrage           (1)   Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVII: Agatha Gets Some Tail                (1)   Traab
    Girl Genius XXVII: Mad Mermaid to the Rescue            (1)   Agi Hammerthief

24. - Top - End - #1464

The 'Not Dead' ones have a bit more oomph now that the forums are likewise not dead.

As for today's strip, more fan speculation confirmed. And a very good ending line from Zeetha.

25. - Top - End - #1465

BlackDragon

Is this the first time we've heard any mention of a ritual being required to turn people into Jaegers? I was sure up to this point that the Jaegerdraught alone was sufficient.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Is this the first time we've heard any mention of a ritual being required to turn people into Jaegers? I was sure up to this point that the Jaegerdraught alone was sufficient.
    Its probably less ritual and more stabilization treatment. Of course with sparks the line between science and magic is thin. Doubly so with the heterodynes considering how powerful they tend to be as sparks. Im thinking something like spiderman when his mutation went out of control. I bet a number of jaegers went through a vole transformation before it was finally fixed.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

27. - Top - End - #1467

Beholder

Maybe the ritual includes tuning and the Jagerthrot or similiar things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

My first thought on reading that was "It's Heterodynes! Of course there's a ritual!". Extreme sparky behaviour aside, it is the big transition from being one of the army to one of the Heterodyne's elite force. One big passing-out ceremony, in fact.

And, of course, the Dyne used to be a sacred spring, after all.

29. - Top - End - #1469

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    My first thought on reading that was "It's Heterodynes! Of course there's a ritual!". Extreme sparky behaviour aside, it is the big transition from being one of the army to one of the Heterodyne's elite force. One big passing-out ceremony, in fact.

And, of course, the Dyne used to be a sacred spring, after all.
    Yeah, but the clear implication here is that this ritual has something to do with why the Jaegerdraught turns people into Jaegers, and thus why it doesn't appear to have done so for Zeetha--e.g. it's not just some ceremonial event, but something with actual power. Which is just weird, frankly, it's not something we usually see in Girl Genius because it's not very scientific (mad or otherwise) to require mystic rituals in order to make something Sparky happen.

I do wonder sometimes just how much of the plot has been planned out in advance and how much is just Phil and Kaja winging it as they go. To me, this whole "ritual" thing seems like a retcon, a slightly clumsy justification for what Zeetha drank back in Mechanicsburg actually being the Jaegerdraught, which wasn't even hinted at back then. I've always believed that about Higgs, by the way--I think he was introduced just as a slightly jokey way of explaining how the Baron escaped a burning airship and ended up in the Mechanicsburg hospital, and they saw he was popular so inflated his role massively.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it largely depends on what the "ritual" actually is. What the British Sparks did to empower Snackleford was some sort of ritual. It still involved a bunch of various devices and technology.

I wouldn't be surprised if a part of said ritual involved an electrical shock of some sort (among other things) to the person who drank the Jaegerdraught - Heterodynes seem to like sparks, and having them trigger something in the drink would be somewhat fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?