New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: The Staff of Truth (OOC Thread V)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Can I connect mentally all member of the Staff with that high of a roll? Just so we can know which one is which with the shapeshifters. Otherwise, I'll understand and just link by telepathy Sugar, Tea and Bubbles.
    I don't know the distance of the spell or anything so I can't answer the first question. That depends on the range you picked for the spell. As for the second part, that depends on how you plan to separate the two. For magic, any shade is detected as the same pony it's appearance comes from. So for example, a spell used to search for Sugar Rush could actually end up showing Bittersweet's location. So, if you want your spell to not include shades, I would need to know how you would filter them. (Yes, there is a way to filter them and BubbleGuard knows it. It was tricky to do.)
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

FINE! I'll continue questionning Bubbles until I can finally do something relevant and helpful. I'll erase my last post. I suggest you do the same Igor.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-12-31 at 04:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

FINE! I'll continue questionning Bubbles until I can finally do something relevant and helpful. I'll erase my last post. I suggest you do the same Igor.
    Please dont take this the wrong way. I just wanted to know how you wanted to do it. If you had though of a good way to differentiate, I would have allowed it. That is the point of putting a puzzle (BubbleGuard is just an alternative solution in case it sounds like a hard puzzle).

And since, I will be at the party for New year´s, I wanted to wish you both a Happy New Year!
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Please dont take this the wrong way. I just wanted to know how you wanted to do it. If you had though of a good way to differentiate, I would have allowed it. That is the point of putting a puzzle (BubbleGuard is just an alternative solution in case it sounds like a hard puzzle).

And since, I will be at the party for New year´s, I wanted to wish you both a Happy New Year!
    To be honest, I thought it would be something like that. But I wasn’t sure you would not debate an alternative solution or find flaws in it. But it’s fine now, we are back to my last post and we can advance now!

The last of the Golden Girls died today. Miss Betty White. The Golden Age of humanity is over, sigh…

Still, Happy New Year to both of you!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

As an extra detail, Tea Agony can feel the presence of the real Tailwind, Cornucopia, Night Shift and Golden Hour but she cant pinpoint exactly where. She just feels like they are still on castle grounds. She can also sense Daily Delivery being there around too.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

As an extra detail, Tea Agony can feel the presence of the real Tailwind, Cornucopia, Night Shift and Golden Hour but she cant pinpoint exactly where. She just feels like they are still on castle grounds. She can also sense Daily Delivery being there around too.
    I know Where is Lettersprite? I know that right? So I can say that we charge the nursery?

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

I know Where is Lettersprite? I know that right? So I can say that we charge the nursery?
    Yep, Lettersprite is at the nursery and yes, Tea knows where Lettersprite is.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Elusive is her magic pet moth. It can switch size to become gigantic. It’s her personal assistant for spying and lifting more with telekinesis/flying. Look like the cutifly Pokémon.

Igor, mind you that Daily Delivery answer is heard by Sweet Echo… but Tea Agony only allows Sweet Echo to hear the conversation. She can try to send thoughts to other ponies but she will realize at some point no pony is answering her back.

So feel free to react to Daily Delivery embarrassing reveal, not knowing Daily can’t hear you… or threaten or insult Tea Agony. Only she will hear.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Elusive is her magic pet moth. It can switch size to become gigantic. It’s her personal assistant for spying and lifting more with telekinesis/flying. Look like the cutifly Pokémon.

Igor, mind you that Daily Delivery answer is heard by Sweet Echo… but Tea Agony only allows Sweet Echo to hear the conversation. She can try to send thoughts to other ponies but she will realize at some point no pony is answering her back.

So feel free to react to Daily Delivery embarrassing reveal, not knowing Daily can’t hear you… or threaten or insult Tea Agony. Only she will hear.
    Ok. Thanks! As for the IC inquire, yes, it should be easy to do.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Not sure how to reply to your latest post... I though we would reunite and focus on the infirmary in the next post

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Not sure how to reply to your latest post... I though we would reunite and focus on the infirmary in the next post
    Which part is the issue? I though you didn't want Sketch Book to go there alone and he doesn't know where you are so he is on his way back with Echo.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

What is the simulation room again and how it can allow to contact the others?

Time is an issue here. We already wasted quite a bit for exposure earlier with Bubbles. Im not sure its wise to wait anymore then this...

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

What is the simulation room again and how it can allow to contact the others?

Time is an issue here. We already wasted quite a bit for exposure earlier with Bubbles. Im not sure its wise to wait anymore then this...
    Its just in case you want to fetch Money Bags, Wood Chuck and Harvest Moon. All three are there. The simulation room is a room where anything can be made. Its like a place where imaginary stuff can be done without repercussions.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Here are the two episodes for reference:

Broken Chains of Memories: Part 1 & Part 2 for more info on Blowhard Joe the manticore.

Now Hoofini, now you dont for more info on Daydream Wolfox the kitsune, Gin Ale the griffon, Bloodfeast the bat pony, Open Book the pegasus and Flare Scales the dragon.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

For the record, I would not let them talk. At all. Now its destroy or be destroy time. Destroy the mirrors, capture the clones.

Your last update wouldnt happen. If they feel like talking, it gives us the intiniative and a surprise round.

Is that fine?

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

For the record, I would not let them talk. At all. Now its destroy or be destroy time. Destroy the mirrors, capture the clones.

Your last update wouldnt happen. If they feel like talking, it gives us the intiniative and a surprise round.

Is that fine?
    You can attack at any point if you want (I´ll even edit accordingly). No problem. Though getting this info works in your favour (especially wait until you know of the extra 8 mirrors if you want to destroy them all). Also they wont attack back. They literally are surrendering here (for now at the very least....).
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Kudo to you: that's criminal novel level of stuff. Using details used long ago, bring it back at the big reveal. That's excellent writing.

But... here's the thing: criminal, smart level of books makes me feel unintelligent instead of fascinating me. WHen I play a be-cop in roleplay, I do not like this kind of develloppement. Im literally sick of this episode where you need to remember stuff that happened ages ago. My smooth brain cant handle it and I dont have the patience or energy needed to read back everything you mentionned.

I'll question them in Tea Agony room once they are captured and helpless if needed, if we need any more of that information.

Is that fine?

PS: Your episode is mighty fine. Just... inadequate for my smooth brain to follow. And your last private message didnt have anything written in it.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2022-01-13 at 04:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Kudo to you: that's criminal novel level of stuff. Using details used long ago, bring it back at the big reveal. That's excellent writing.

But... here's the thing: criminal, smart level of books makes me feel unintelligent instead of fascinating me. WHen I play a be-cop in roleplay, I do not like this kind of develloppement. Im literally sick of this episode where you need to remember stuff that happened ages ago. My smooth brain cant handle it and I dont have the patience, energy or interest needed to read back everything you mentionned.

I'll question them in Tea Agony room once they are captured and helpless if needed, if we need any more of that information.

Is that fine?

PS: Your episode is mighty fine. Just... inadequate for my smooth brain to follow. And your last private message didnt have anything written in it.
    The PM didnt have anything? Weird. I was saying that just make sure not to hurt Lettersprite with the attack.

As for the rest, I wanted to make a big season finale dedicated to the staff members (and the players). A big love letter to the campaign and the time we have spent together past and present players. Long ago, when we were talking about season finale episodes, I though of reworking my own concept for BubbleGuard´s big plot twist and making a huge staff episode. I though it would be great to slowly build up the concept while putting some foreshadowing here and there for what was to come.

No issues about anything not being remembered. It was a long time ago. If you want, I could give you a quick summary about anything that may confuse you. Sorry about its big lore situation. I though you guys would like something big and loud. Maybe, it was a bit too ambitious. I will say that after this, there is only three big revelations left and you actually guessed one of them already (and I am impressed since that one was the most ambiguos bit of foreshadowing). So, I would say you are really smart for realizing it so early in the episode.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I'll wait for Igor to do something? Otherwise, I'll try try to cast my Boxing-teleport spell. I want to know much Harmony I'll get for the spell rolling before I post. See if I should do a another spell first if it can lower the TN of that spell, somehow. TN 16 is a lot...

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

I'll wait for Igor to do something? Otherwise, I'll try try to cast my Boxing-teleport spell. I want to know much Harmony I'll get for the spell rolling before I post. See if I should do a another spell first if it can lower the TN of that spell, somehow. TN 16 is a lot...
    Which spell do you want to cast?

Yeah, you can ask BubbleGuard help you with Harmony since he is a unicorn himself to reduce the spell.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Which spell do you want to cast?

Yeah, you can ask BubbleGuard help you with Harmony since he is a unicorn himself to reduce the spell.
    I thought anyone can help with Harmony?

For example, there is Sketch Book, Sugar Rush, Bubbles, Deepwood… probably not the wolves or Tea Agony little helper Elusive. Since they are all players character, if they all act in Harmony, it means it can give me +8 to cast the same spell as last time? The one that got rid of false Tea Agony and Sugar Rush?

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

I thought anyone can help with Harmony?

For example, there is Sketch Book, Sugar Rush, Bubbles, Deepwood… probably not the wolves or Tea Agony little helper Elusive. Since they are all players character, if they all act in Harmony, it means it can give me +8 to cast the same spell as last time? The one that got rid of false Tea Agony and Sugar Rush?
    Since Sketch isnt a PC, shouldnt it be +6? Still, I will accept the +8 if you go and ask for everyone´s help. Just be careful about burning yourself up from using too much magic.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Since Sketch isnt a PC, shouldnt it be +6? Still, I will accept the +8 if you go and ask for everyone´s help. Just be careful about burning yourself up from using too much magic.
    There is a a way to burn up from using magic in this setting?

In any case, once the menace is over, we can assume to go back to bed until next morning? Or is it too unrealistic?

We DID got woken up in the middle of the night for this.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

There is a a way to burn up from using magic in this setting?

In any case, once the menace is over, we can assume to go back to bed until next morning? Or is it too unrealistic?

We DID got woken up in the middle of the night for this.
    Yep its in the rules of the system (in the "casting spells" section). That is one of the two reasons, I am careful with casting.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

And how do we calculate the amount of Willpower and Fortitude we have? O_o

Im not even sure how many points I casted so far! If I knew I would have created a way to restaure mind and fortitude… but I think Cooking up a storm can help! It can restaure the stats if I remember correctly!

I'll edit my post once I know the answer.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2022-01-17 at 06:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

And how do we calculate the amount of Willpower and Fortitude we have? O_o

Im not even sure how many points I casted so far! If I knew I would have created a way to restaure mind and fortitude… but I think Cooking up a storm can help! It can restaure the stats if I remember correctly!

I'll edit my post once I know the answer.
    Body x 10= Fortitude
    Mind x 10= Willpower

Its technically not healable but since this is a season finale, we can make you recover all of it after the planned rest.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Ok so +6 to the roll... I have one shot at this:

Mirror box Prison spell:

(3d6)[5][2][2](9) + 3 + 6

THAT'S a SUCCESS!

I'll update the IC thread accordingly tommorow. Sorry for the wait, my life was very chaotic lately. Heavy thoughts too. And Mondays are always 100% for my girlfriend.

Sorry Igor but since its a success, I suggest you wait for my next post before posting. I'll send those Shades in a prison they cant escape from, designed by Tea Agony herself.

=======

Look up Musical Number ability! Sugar has that! It CAN restaure Fortitude and Mind!

I could whip up a song for Tea Agony and Sweet Echo to be able to repair the bridge between them, something about family being the most important thing and that by the end of the day, they both want the same thing: love and safety of those they care about.

A nice song to sing at breakfast LOL
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2022-01-18 at 01:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

my family are through few medical issues
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    my family are through few medical issues
    oooh... Igor I'll pray for your well-being and the one of your family. Stay all safe and sound! We will wait for you to come back

========

Tea Agony Mind roll

(2d6)[2][1](3) + 3

EDIT: She doesnt recognize the mirrors... then she will probably break them once her magic recover.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2022-01-18 at 10:03 AM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

My daughter will be ok-
    Thankfully, we caught it early- apendicit. She need antibiotics for few days...
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1