New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: The Staff of Truth (OOC Thread V)

Well, you have passed with flying colours and you know where BubbleGuard is. Time to decide what to do with this.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Igor, does Sweet Echo does ANYTHING To show/tell us where Bubbles is?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Not sure if igordragonianīs char even pointed out where was BubbleGuard positioned. Can you make your post a bit clearer on the matter, please?
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

I have edited.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I forgot to roll:

Sugar

(3d6)[6][5][4](15) + 2

I'll edit my message later (being asked to replace a coworker at the last minute and posting this in a hurry) but Tea Agony is preparing a spell by the way. I'll look up in making a spell that makes the castle area they are in immune to fire. First step in damage control so that next turn, they use a fire attack aginst an area full of flour, oil, etc. If you wanna help me making it, I'll be grateful. Otherwise, I'll try to make it tonight or timmorow morning.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2020-05-12 at 05:02 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Can Tea Agony use her own spell to counter Bubbles spell? Trap him with the oil, flour, firework and unable to use his spell and trap HIM with the miniature bubbles he wanted to make?

Was thinking of making a dark hole spell that attract any unliving material to him like a magnet...

EDIT: The goal of my previous post was to trap him with all that stuff anyway and fire away... but now, just trapping him will be more effective and we can argue that a successful diplomatic check could end the fight once we warn him one breath of fire of Sugar Rush would murder him.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2020-05-12 at 11:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, you could counterattack. Though the fire could get out of control if the fire is used and the bubbles covered in oil burst.

BubbleGuard is still protected from the whole thing. It only has hit the bubble. Not to mention, that the contents of the bubble remain invisible even if you can now see the bubble.

The dark hole spell could work. All the bubbles are quite easy to move just like the big ones (BubbleGuard isnt really putting his concentration in controlling them).

Now, breaking his best spell with just fire? Unlikely. As Deepwood was informed, he is being protected by his bubble shield spell which has been shown to resist even explosions in past episodes. Not to mention that defensive magic is BubbleGuardīs strongest field (he has a shield as part of his cutie mark for a reason ).
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

I am sort of very confused about the scene to be honest, not sure where is Deeepwood in this, since I don't think Oldwolf has adressed his/their action.
    Mmm.
    I'l think of something

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Yeah, you could counterattack. Though the fire could get out of control if the fire is used and the bubbles covered in oil burst.

BubbleGuard is still protected from the whole thing. It only has hit the bubble. Not to mention, that the contents of the bubble remain invisible even if you can now see the bubble.

The dark hole spell could work. All the bubbles are quite easy to move just like the big ones (BubbleGuard isnt really putting his concentration in controlling them).

Now, breaking his best spell with just fire? Unlikely. As Deepwood was informed, he is being protected by his bubble shield spell which has been shown to resist even explosions in past episodes. Not to mention that defensive magic is BubbleGuardīs strongest field (he has a shield as part of his cutie mark for a reason ).
    That'S reassuring because my Dark hole spell will also contract his own bubbles on himself, chipping at his defense or even chocking him

Individual (Spell Level +1)
    Known (Spell Level +4)
    Temporary (Spell Level +4)
    Animate (Spell Level +1)
    Diminish (Spell Level +1)
    Construct (Spell Level +1)
    Force (Spell Level +1)
    Space (Spell Level +1)

That should be enough to represent the spell effect right?
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2020-05-13 at 08:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I am sort of very confused about the scene to be honest, not sure where is Deeepwood in this, since I don't think Oldwolf has adressed his/their action.
    Mmm.
    I'l think of something
    Based on your last post. I imagined that Deepwood swoop in to drop the disgusting items and then moved away.

So, he isnt close to the bubble protecting BubbleGuard (which avoids instant failing against the new bubbles he is launching) but he is in the same room.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    That'S reassuring because my Dark hole spell will also contract his own bubbles on himself, chipping at his defense or even chocking him

Individual (Spell Level +1)
    Known (Spell Level +4)
    Temporary (Spell Level +4)
    Animate (Spell Level +1)
    Diminish (Spell Level +1)
    Construct (Spell Level +1)
    Force (Spell Level +1)
    Space (Spell Level +1)

That should be enough to represent the spell effect right?
    The spell is approved.

My biggest advice for this battle is to try to count the number of different spells used. It should give a pretty good clue to what BubbleGuard is capable in battle. Each BubbleGuard has a limit of 4 different spells.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony spell - Dark Hole

(3d6)[3][6][4](13) + 3

PASSED!

EDIT: I dont understand your thing about how many spells Bubbles can cast. In any case, I think this is going to be an explosive turn. A good set-up turn for a strong counterattack.

After all, Dark Hole diminish his defense, bring fuel to the explosion to Bubbles AND make anything throw at him being aimed better!

And its a lasting effect! It will make Bubbles harder to create Bubbles effectively
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2020-05-13 at 03:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood dodge

(2d6)[3][4](7)+4

Sweet Echo (2d6)[2][4](6)+2

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Giving a couple more days so that Ing may post before my next post.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Ok we are back on track people!

My Dark Hole spell seem like it cannot work or even prevented Bubbles to chase after Tailwind but we can deal with that.

For now, let's slow him with flour, explosive and the like to remove the bubbles around him.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2020-05-21 at 12:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I got another idea for a spell!

But I would need advices for it...

If Tea Agony shows a illussion to Bubbles, it wont pierce its shield right? Or if she create a clone of let's say Charcoal Knight, it wont affect his mind of bubbles.

Would you allow it dear Daoldwolf? Its more like a assisted bluff check in nature. I wanna fool Bubbles in removing his shield for a specific reason.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

I suppose it would depend on what you have in mind but yes, in theory, you could get him to drop the bubble with a good bluff supported by illusion magic. Just make a good trick with a good bluff.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Ok, I have LOTS of news...

One, Im moving back to the countryside by the middle of June. We are preparing my new living place as we speak, mostly my family and my girlfriend as I have to work still.

Two, I... quite suddenly... bought a used car with my family. I dont feel like I'll love that car as I dont like driving but its a necessity in the countryside to have any freedom. Its a different feel from my mother's car too and Im a bit more cramped but its still drivable. It was a necessity too because my girlfriend will need a car to learn how to drive. I really feel like I bought it too quickly but I know nothing about cars and they assured me it was a good catch. They took the time to explain it to me too so Its not like Im completly in the blind... Still, for me, its a stressful huge first buy lol

Three, I have being hired in a security agency and I'll be working inside a factory in the countryside city Im moving in starting this week-end... while maintaining my current job in the city during the week. Its temporary fortunatly. I'll try to be there as much as I can in the forums meanwhile, it shouldnt be too difficult during week days but in week-ends, I wont reply. Sorry if it cause inconvenience.

Four... and that is a MAJOR stress relief... My gf had some ... legal issues with one of her past boss. That guy... I unfortunatly cant say anything positive about him. I wont say more then that but at least now, its over and we are ready to start anew in the countryside. Who won? It doesnt even matter for us, we are just glad its over with. We can finally stop stressing so much over nothing and move on with our life in the countryside.

So yeah, lots of things happening in my life right now. Sorry if I being rather absent. There might be some backslash from her family as we move to the countryside (they are against it, of course. I cant imagine those controlling, toxic parents to sudenly turn a new leaf) but that's a bride we will cross when we get there.

Wish me luck!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, I have LOTS of news...

One, Im moving back to the countryside by the middle of June. We are preparing my new living place as we speak, mostly my family and my girlfriend as I have to work still.

Two, I... quite suddenly... bought a used car with my family. I dont feel like I'll love that car as I dont like driving but its a necessity in the countryside to have any freedom. Its a different feel from my mother's car too and Im a bit more cramped but its still drivable. It was a necessity too because my girlfriend will need a car to learn how to drive. I really feel like I bought it too quickly but I know nothing about cars and they assured me it was a good catch. They took the time to explain it to me too so Its not like Im completly in the blind... Still, for me, its a stressful huge first buy lol

Three, I have being hired in a security agency and I'll be working inside a factory in the countryside city Im moving in starting this week-end... while maintaining my current job in the city during the week. Its temporary fortunatly. I'll try to be there as much as I can in the forums meanwhile, it shouldnt be too difficult during week days but in week-ends, I wont reply. Sorry if it cause inconvenience.

Four... and that is a MAJOR stress relief... My gf had some ... legal issues with one of her past boss. That guy... I unfortunatly cant say anything positive about him. I wont say more then that but at least now, its over and we are ready to start anew in the countryside. Who won? It doesnt even matter for us, we are just glad its over with. We can finally stop stressing so much over nothing and move on with our life in the countryside.

So yeah, lots of things happening in my life right now. Sorry if I being rather absent. There might be some backslash from her family as we move to the countryside (they are against it, of course. I cant imagine those controlling, toxic parents to sudenly turn a new leaf) but that's a bride we will cross when we get there.

Wish me luck!
    Congratulations! I am happy for you. Its great that you are taking actions to create a new and better life for yourself and your family. I will only say that I wish you good luck on this new life and hopefully everything will eventually settle down.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us!
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for sharing it...

for me,it's trying times as well..

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Thanks for sharing it...

for me,it's trying times as well..
    Do you want to share? I'll be happy to listen

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

So Bubbles last Bubbles is down right?

Is there anything you guys remember inside the artifact room we could use to trap Bubbles for good?

If we roll a Mid check to remember, would that be enough?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

So Bubbles last Bubbles is down right?

Is there anything you guys remember inside the artifact room we could use to trap Bubbles for good?

If we roll a Mid check to remember, would that be enough?
    Yep, its finally down.

There are a few though I dont think you need a magic item to capture him.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Posting today. I was waiting to see if Ing wanted to post.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

It was a good episode Wolf!

Just asking, who wanna go next? Who's turn is it?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

My next post will be the last post of the episode. I hope you all will like this last point.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    My next post will be the last post of the episode. I hope you all will like this last point.
    I contacted Igor, he being missing on a few roleplay. Hope he is doing alright.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Oh no. I hope he is okay.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

I waited an extra day since it seemed like igrodragonian had connected to the forum. I also hope you all like this development. Since in the series proper, Starswhirl eventually disappears, I though I could had it happen now to stir things up a little.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

[insert explainable excuse]
    Ahhh. wow.
    already?
    That.. change things up quite a lot.

I see you have used my cast for the ending post.
    heh.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

I though it would be nice that there was some change. It was even foreshadowed within the episode since his counterpart is also leaving. And its canon that he disappears one day so I though I should begin setting it up. Afterall, I kind of need Starswhirl out of the picture for my season finale anyway.

And, yes, I usually copy the bit from the last episode. How did you know?
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores: