New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a question. Why do you spell Shigaraki's name wrong?
    My phone just refused to cooperate and I just game up.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think this is end game, but I do think it is the end of Part One, if that makes sense.

Like Deku's narration said at the start of the arc; this is the day heroes vanished from this city. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a time skip after this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh sure, I get exactly what you mean! I definitely think after this we'll see a large shift in the narrative where there's open warfare between the Heroes and the PLF across the country. I can see that this could be parallel to Harry Potter post-Goblet of Fire, where the Death Eaters are back, building their strength, and beginning their first strikes. I think this will be where the PLF show they can put Hero Society entirely on the backfoot, but like a lot of insurgent movements while they can gain ground quickly, they have to maintain a large-scale strategy where the biggest heavy hitters can't be everywhere at once.

I think the schools can keep operating, but they will be under heavy guard and we might even see students acting as moles because their families are threatened or turning coat to go join the PLF. Not to mention how people might turn on Deku if they learn Shigaraki is drawn to OFA. The human instinct to appease aggressors has a long historical backing: it'd be really interesting to see people trying to turn Deku over because they think it'll appease the PLF.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter, great art of several characters including my beloved Shigaraki.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So.. as such the question should be how the heck Shigaraki gets out of this.
    Erasor is the perfect counter for a hyper-powerful quick in a frail body. But likely he will get resqued by Giganto-something.

Then the problem instead becomes how Erasor survives. He can hardly be allowed to stick around in the story.
    When he is such a good counter to the main villain.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

I love this comic so much 💕

6. - Top - End - #786
    Colossus in the Playground

New Chapter is out!

Spoiler
    Show
    Shigaraki fights our heroes, we get some really good impassioned speeches and thoughts, and we also see that All For One's will IS bleeding into Shigaraki... and Shigaraki immediately destroys it, because NO ONE will control him, not even his old master.

We also see Mt Lady vs Gigantomachia, which is sure to be a fun fight probably.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter is out!

Spoiler
    Show
    Shigaraki fights our heroes, we get some really good impassioned speeches and thoughts, and we also see that All For One's will IS bleeding into Shigaraki... and Shigaraki immediately destroys it, because NO ONE will control him, not even his old master.

We also see Mt Lady vs Gigantomachia, which is sure to be a fun fight probably.
    Sits in my chair, yet my feet are dancing, when is the next chapter coming out? "Next Chapter hits July 12th", well that is too far away !
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2020-07-05 at 12:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #788

OrcBarbarianGuy

I am losing my mind at this chapter, Horikoshi is too powerful. Shigaraki just looks brilliantly villainous. It's awesome to see the action unfold. The 12th can't come soon enough!!

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

So a prediction

Spoiler: Future Chapters as the Story Unfolds?
    Show

1) I think it is too early for Shigaraki to gain One for All. There is still more to tell.
    2) If we do not have Tomura Shigaraki get One for All now there has to be a reason why it does not immediately happen once Shigaraki escapes, that he does not attempt to do it again. There needs to be a building up of tension, that means an assembling of resources and so on.
    3) I think All for One speaking via Master Shigaraki to Tomura, plus something Izuku / Deku says to Tomura is going to cause Tomura to reconsider and he is going to put off taking One for All for now.
    4) Instead he is going to create a new plan on the fly, and then decide to hold of immediate conflict even if he is willing to use the Liberation Army in an immediate fashion such as creating terror and so on.
    5) It is very possible 1-4 happens yet someone gets permanently injured or dead.

Or maybe other things will happen but right now I feel the chapters are way too "hot" with the tension. Tomura Shigaraki can instantly win if he captures Izuku, but even if he loses this fight the tension remains as long as Tomura Shigaraki exists, and remove him and you remove the main antagonist. I just sense we are going to get a reversal of fortunes, or a reversal of goals in the next 3 chapters.

I am extremely excited and scared

10. - Top - End - #790
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shigaraki destroying OFA's influence on him by putting his hand on his own face, like he was Decaying the very thought with his Quirk, was wonderful.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ettin in the Playground

My Hero Academia chapter 278 is delayed. Instead of coming out on the 12th it will be the 19th. They are changing some of their workflow due to COVID.

12. - Top - End - #792

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    My Hero Academia chapter 278 is delayed. Instead of coming out on the 12th it will be the 19th. They are changing some of their workflow due to COVID.
    Sigh, at least Chainsaw Man is in a good arc right now too. This wait is unbearable when the tension is so high.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyhow, I don't think Manual and Gran Torino are making it out of this encounter alive. I also think Endeavor and Eraser are going to take some pretty bad hits, on the same level of damage as Mirko took in the lab.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

There's a new vigilantes chapter though, looks like things are getting close to wrapping up there.

14. - Top - End - #794

New Vigilantes! And yeah, it was said this was the final arc so I'm not surprised.

Spoiler
    Show

The way this chapter started is AGGRESSIVELY cute and sad. What the ****.

God, what a climactic finish to this chapter too. Vigilantes had some rough spots near the start but it came into its own and KICKS ASS... it's a shame it is ending soon, but also it looks like it is ending strong, and I can appreciate that.

Also, unfortunate news just released; My Hero is actually delayed until the 20th now. In order to combat COVID, they switched over to a digital art system and the complications and difficulties of getting that done actually meant that the manuscript for the next chapter was not finished in time, period.

It'll be releasing on the 20th, alongside the next chapter, so... thank goodness for small favours, we get a double chapter! But also oof.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-07-12 at 09:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yea Vigilantes is by far the better of the two series for me now. Which has happened afew times now with spin off stories thanks to less power creep, a tighter focus and a shorter run.

16. - Top - End - #796

OrcBarbarianGuy

New Vigilantes! And yeah, it was said this was the final arc so I'm not surprised.

Spoiler
    Show

The way this chapter started is AGGRESSIVELY cute and sad. What the ****.

God, what a climactic finish to this chapter too. Vigilantes had some rough spots near the start but it came into its own and KICKS ASS... it's a shame it is ending soon, but also it looks like it is ending strong, and I can appreciate that.

Also, unfortunate news just released; My Hero is actually delayed until the 20th now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was loving that beginning before realizing it was just a fantasy of hers, which broke my heart

Oof, well at least we're getting both chapters back to back...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Yea Vigilantes is by far the better of the two series for me now. Which has happened afew times now with spin off stories thanks to less power creep, a tighter focus and a shorter run.
    I'd have to say I still hold the main series in higher regard, since it has several more interesting arcs in a row. While Vigilantes is good, and this finale arc especially so, I can't say I've felt all of its arcs match this quality. I also feel the farewell to Captain Celebrity arc, while good, was kind of over the top in regards to the stakes and a bit derivative since it relied heavily on proto-noumu.

17. - Top - End - #797

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was loving that beginning before realizing it was just a fantasy of hers, which broke my heart

Oof, well at least we're getting both chapters back to back...

I'd have to say I still hold the main series in higher regard, since it has several more interesting arcs in a row. While Vigilantes is good, and this finale arc especially so, I can't say I've felt all of its arcs match this quality. I also feel the farewell to Captain Celebrity arc, while good, was kind of over the top in regards to the stakes and a bit derivative since it relied heavily on proto-noumu.
    Yeah, the double chapter is going to be interesting...

I feel like at it's best, Vigilantes was right alongside My Hero at some of its heights. I don't think it ever SURPASSED My Hero... but it got damn close. At it's worse though... I mean, I really didn't like how they handled Stain's origin, I would have preferred if Stendahl was a unique character, but I think I've cooled on my frustration with it and think it's just kinda "eh". So still worse than My Hero has ever gotten in my opinion but I'm also BIG into My Hero and am always living in a state of "if I don't like something in My Hero it's because we haven't seen the end result of it yet" and I've yet to be proven otherwise.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

All of you are wrong, My Villian Academia is the best for it has Tomura Shigaraki content.

19. - Top - End - #799

All of you are wrong, My Villian Academia is the best for it has Tomura Shigaraki content.
    Here's a fun thought; the next season of the anime is probably going to be divided between the Class A vs Class B arc, and the My Villain Academia arc. So for half the season, for the entire second cour, My Hero is going to probably have a villain themed op.

20. - Top - End - #800

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yeah, the double chapter is going to be interesting...

I feel like at it's best, Vigilantes was right alongside My Hero at some of its heights. I don't think it ever SURPASSED My Hero... but it got damn close. At it's worse though... I mean, I really didn't like how they handled Stain's origin, I would have preferred if Stendahl was a unique character, but I think I've cooled on my frustration with it and think it's just kinda "eh".
    I do think Vigilantes relied a little too much on "hey do you recognize this character isn't this cool, do you like his backstory??" or "hey recognize this character from the main series??" when it wasn't really... necessary. Sort of the "this is how Jack Sparrow got his hat/Han Solo got his gun" thing. It's at it's best when it explores the setting in interesting ways that MHA can't due to having to follow Deku's story. I particularly like the Trigger arc. My issue with the final Cap. Celebrity arc was them just jamming in so many pro heroes into one scenario for the sake of spectacle when it didn't really serve a purpose.

Here's a fun thought; the next season of the anime is probably going to be divided between the Class A vs Class B arc, and the My Villain Academia arc. So for half the season, for the entire second cour, My Hero is going to probably have a villain themed op.
    I'd love to see a villain-themed OP

I've seen people go back and forth on Tomura as a good character/villain, but honestly I've loved him in MHA, especially since My Villain Academia. I think the clever thing was too have him be the answer to the question "what makes a good villain?" because whether or not you think he is a satisfactory villain, you're paying attention to what he does in order to see if he is a good villain or not.

21. - Top - End - #801

OrcBarbarianGuy

Seems like we only got one chapter today, which kinda sucks Though Viz's schedule says 278 is out today and 280 is out on Aug. 2nd, which is two weeks away... What the heck is going on?

Spoiler
    Show
    Props to Mt. Lady for stick-to-it-iveness, she's really giving it her all despite being clearly outclassed. The Pros are giving it their all, but the elite members are all taking care of big threats and the small fry are getting overwhelmed.

I don't think Midnight is going to bite it here, but I don't think she's walking away in one piece.

Momo's plan is only going to delay Machia at best, given the trend for how things are going. I think we're going to see the kids take a truly brutal beating
    Last edited by Julian84; 2020-07-19 at 02:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #802

I'll have to keep an ear out for news, but my best guess is that since this chapter is extra long compared to normal, it's just a case of them mashing the two chapters together? We'll see.

Spoiler
    Show
    At any rate yeah, great chapter. I'm afraid for all the mentors cause it really seems like death flags are popping up everywhere, and I'm scared of our kids fighting someone like Machia.

23. - Top - End - #803

OrcBarbarianGuy

I mean... I guess 22 pages is longer, but only by about 5 pages =\

Spoiler
    Show
    I misread Machia as Mineta and had myself a good laugh

24. - Top - End - #804

I'll have to keep an ear out for news, but my best guess is that since this chapter is extra long compared to normal, it's just a case of them mashing the two chapters together? We'll see.

Spoiler
    Show
    At any rate yeah, great chapter. I'm afraid for all the mentors cause it really seems like death flags are popping up everywhere, and I'm scared of our kids fighting someone like Machia.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, All-Might was dropping death flags like crazy from the moment we met him and a crapload more during the final fight with All For One, but managed to live long past when he narratively should have died.

Don't trust Death Flags in this story.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #805

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, All-Might was dropping death flags like crazy from the moment we met him and a crapload more during the final fight with All For One, but managed to live long past when he narratively should have died.

Don't trust Death Flags in this story.
    Spoiler
    Show

You're not wrong Rater, that's a good point!

Still though... there are some things that are looking really dicey. Kamui Woods taking a full frontal blast from Dabi, Hawks getting his entire BACK scorched off, Midnight being forced into combat range against people using gas masks... it's pretty dicey.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

You're not wrong Rater, that's a good point!

Still though... there are some things that are looking really dicey. Kamui Woods taking a full frontal blast from Dabi, Hawks getting his entire BACK scorched off, Midnight being forced into combat range against people using gas masks... it's pretty dicey.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yea I think the a lot of the more experience Mauve Shirt hero's and mentors are going to have a seriously bad time and a few will die but I expect a lot of maimings to be more common. But Hawks mentioned before that his feathers have regen from when he spends them so my hope he is just out for a while with a long recovery instead of being totally defeated.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

27. - Top - End - #807

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yea I think the a lot of the more experience Mauve Shirt hero's and mentors are going to have a seriously bad time and a few will die but I expect a lot of maimings to be more common. But Hawks mentioned before that his feathers have regen from when he spends them so my hope he is just out for a while with a long recovery instead of being totally defeated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    His WINGS regen, but Tokoyami said his uh... his BACK is gone. Not just his wings, but the entire like... back part. The implications being it was burned down to the spinal column.

you can't... regen that, I don't think.

But yeah I do agree, I think Crust'll probably be one of the only deaths that we hear about (beyond those killed by Toga) but there will be a LOT of maiming of the survivors.

28. - Top - End - #808

OrcBarbarianGuy

So I emailed Viz and they confirmed that Ch. 279 is out on August 2nd, not 280. Misprint on their part.

At least Vigilantes drops later today!

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I have a theory for My Hero Academia. Deku will secretly give One for All to Bakugo, leaving Bakugo to deal with Shugoraki. That would be interesting if not an unusual story twist.

30. - Top - End - #810

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    I have a theory for My Hero Academia. Deku will secretly give One for All to Bakugo, leaving Bakugo to deal with Shugoraki. That would be interesting if not an unusual story twist.
    Uness Bakugo gives it right back--which may involve giving up his own quirk--then tha'ts highly unlikely.

Deku will be the World's Greatest hero by the end of the story, and it's in a manner that implies that he lives after long enough to either write his memoirss or take a successor to inherit One For All, becuase the framing device of the first chapter is that he's telling someone all of this stuff.

Which actually raises some questions about how he learns things that he wasn't there for.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks