New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Mineta or Quentin Quire from the X-Men which of the two gets under peoples skin the most? I ask for I wish them both to be gone!
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Mineta or Quentin Quire from the X-Men which of the two gets under peoples skin the most? I ask for I wish them both to be gone!
    I have never even heard of Quentin. Love the name though. Its subtle. Did he start dating Pam Sectual?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #1233

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I have never even heard of Quentin. Love the name though. Its subtle. Did he start dating Pam Sectual?
    No.

In short: Quentin Quire, Alias Kid Omega, is an Omega Level Mutant with the powers of telapthy(his "Omega" power) and Superhuman intelligence.

As initially presented he had a major sense of entitled and eventually led a riot at the Xavier school in the hopes of impressing a girl, while being treated in the narrative as a School Shooter type and killed off.

Later he was revised as sort of a generic hipster douche.

This was a controversial thing, but honestly, I'm for it: Despite allegedly being based on a real riot/shooting innocent, Quire doesn't fit the profile of a shooter.. Rather, he fits the stereotype of a shooter, the people who in real life are more likely to be victims than perpetrators.

He's a kid who was too smart for his own good, had an inflated sense of his value as a leader due to incredible talent combined with social isolation, lost faith in authority(in this case, Xavier and his doctrine of co-existence) due to a high profile tragedy(the murder of high-profile mutant fashion designer Jumbo Carnation) started making some edgy but not inaccurate ideological statements("Magneto was right") go hooked on drugs that he was told would help him but in actually just messed with his head and left him open to manipulation(Kick, a modified strain of the Bacteria Subline) and then did something dumb while not in his own mind.

The kind of person who needs help.

Depicting him as a shooter perpetuates a stereotype that causes real people who need help to be treated as potential criminals, so I'm fine with the writers ignoring that phase of his characterization.

More recently it's been established that he has an inferiority complex and subconsciously thinks he deserves to suffer and die, which, due to the fact that Mutants are currently able to easily raise the dead for no direct cost, has resulted in him making minor mistakes that lead to him dying pretty much once an issue in X-force as well as dying several times off-screen until his issues start to be adressed.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Quintavius "Quentin" Quirinius Quire aka Quentin Quire which I will not just call QQ was created by Grant Morrison in 2003. Grant in the last year has came out to the public as non-binary but he has been thinking about this stuff for decades and it impacted several characters he created or reworked in his 2000 to 2004 comic run.

QQ was not meant to be a flattering character, he is involved with the "Riot at Xavier's" arc of Morrison's X-Men (41 issues.) In a 3 issue story QQ goes from a bullied kid who tries to help people, to learning he is adopted, then adopts a nothing matter attitude (for his world was shaken) and when he learns of a hate crime against another mutant, a mutant who is coded as queer himself that died, QQ becomes a right-wing supremacist who wants to kill all the humans and etc, etc. He does this riot at Xaviers and the end result he dies due to a drug overdose.

That was only 5 issues, before the character "was ended" but they left the opening of the character could return for he became psionic energy and his mutant powers were psionic in nature and far surpassed Professor's X in raw potential if he were to refine his talent. Since that time he has been in 210 other comics over a period of 18 years, with 200 of those being in the last 10 years where he is reinvented as an irreverent Holden Caulfield but Angry type character who is a foil to Wolverine and if he is given enough love (even though he is a toxic [censored]) he may become a good guy, a future Phoenix in waiting and all that jazz.

He always wear irreverant hipster t-shirts such as "Magneto was Right" in 2003 but there are dozens more of them, most of them are boring and not even worth mentioning, stupid things like "Days of Future Pasta" and so on.

QQ may or may not be LGBT of some form, where the writers are doing purposeful ambiguity. He is currently dating a girl and has dated other girls in the past.

-----

He sucks but one joy recently is there a recent bit in the last 2 years where he joined the Mutant CIA and he always seems to be dying on the missions and it has become a bit. He dies, is resurrected, and we laugh at him being Angry Charlie Brown who sucks, and instead of Lucy and the Football it is him making a fool of himself and due to his overconfidence he gets himself killed.

-----

I guess I brought him up for he like Mineta they both suck but in different ways, and many of whish Mineta would just disappear, but the X-Men has chosen a different options.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

So.. this is kinda the peak of Ida's journey?
    Him truely becoming Ingenum (or however thats spelled)?

That certainly was an awesome line he had.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2021-08-03 at 09:48 AM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    So.. this is kinda the peak of Ida's journey?
    Him truely becoming Ingenum (or however thats spelled)?

That certainly was an awesome line he had.
    He is going to form a non-romantic relationship with Mei and slowly gain new armor mods to the point Ida is part transformer. Or is Inspector Gadget a better metaphor? 🤔

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

Oh wow what a chapter. This one for me crying.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

He is going to form a non-romantic relationship with Mei and slowly gain new armor mods to the point Ida is part transformer. Or is Inspector Gadget a better metaphor?
    Him dashing though the air to grab a lost child by the hand, with the quote "Ingenum the hero.. will dash across the land to take a lost child by the hand"
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Oh wow what a chapter. This one for me crying.
    Same, honestly. This is how one does a redemption arc for the rude rival character. This is something I'm... so glad to see finally happen, and in such a satisfying way too. It's brilliant.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Barbarian in the Playground

Showing them as literal children who gradually grow up as Bakugo... well, grows up and get to his apology, is a really great little piece of visual storytelling. Same for Deku's pupils gradually reappearing as he goes back to reality.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ettin in the Playground

Good Chapter. I liked it and thought of a 2015 interview with the author and Bakugou.

Also Best Boy was there for the same even if half a dozen other characters had more prominent parts this chapter.

Sidenote there is one thread on Twitter where a fan had an insane overreaction of what happen in a negative fashion. Twitter and/or Tumblr and other social media is not good for some peoples emotions.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

Good Chapter. I liked it and thought of a 2015 interview with the author and Bakugou.

Also Best Boy was there for the same even if half a dozen other characters had more prominent parts this chapter.

Sidenote there is one thread on Twitter where a fan had an insane overreaction of what happen in a negative fashion. Twitter and/or Tumblr and other social media is not good for some peoples emotions.
    Do you have a link? I'm kind of startled someone would dislike it and curious what their take was.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Do you have a link? I'm kind of startled someone would dislike it and curious what their take was.
    Seconded. I'm curious. Edit: I'm not surprised that someone would find something to be upset about/dislike it.

I want to see if it's more over the top then some other insignificant internet drama I've observed. But I don't frequent Tumblr/Twitter/Facebook/Reddit. Already got enough time sinks.

As for the chapter. FINALLY. HE DID IT. Boom boom actually apologized!
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; 2021-08-11 at 12:09 AM.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Just saw the latest anime episode. We're finally there, next week the anime version of My Villain Academia begins!

15. - Top - End - #1245

New chapter!

In which we learn once more that Deku's definition of "I'll become the world's greatest hero" is... very specific. Greatest doesn't mean "number one", and it clearly doesn't mean "most inspiring either".

Also when all of this bad stuff is dealt with people are absolutely going to make a connection to the "Look at him!?" kid from Endeavor's debut as number 1, and Uraraka saying "Look at him!". It's really good.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ettin in the Playground

So when are going to get the remix of Angel Attack or Beast II intermixed with You Say Run since that song goes with everything?

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-he...26?action=read

New chapter but I repeat the last week bit, we need to mix MHA with some Evangelion.

Wait is Shigaraki some form of Rei?

18. - Top - End - #1248

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-he...26?action=read

New chapter but I repeat the last week bit, we need to mix MHA with some Evangelion.

Wait is Shigaraki some form of Rei?
    I'll admit I don't know the Eva tracks by name so I just kinda glossed over it and was waiting for someone to post a mash up.

Shigiraki is definitely not a Rei.

Anyway yeah this chapter is amazing. My Hero keeps knocking it out of the park.

19. - Top - End - #1249

And the string of great chapters continues.

I'm really sad for All Might, he had to see his pupil being "saved" from his own influence (Bakugo mentioned how All Might was the worst possible person to be with Midoriya right now, due to how they validated each others' hero complex). I hope he's next in line from some "saving" of his own.

(This last sentence sounds very different when I remember how I was, way back in the aughties, a regular lurker of the Dominic Deegan snark threads).
    Last edited by Cozzer; 2021-09-06 at 02:11 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ettin in the Playground

No new chapter this week but the Anime is at the Shigaraki gives free Hugs stage of My Villain Academia

21. - Top - End - #1251

I've been a bit unhappy with the fifth season of MHA, mostly because of the pacing. I assume there's some sort of corporate mandate thing that prevented the anime team from putting too many episodes in a row without the main characters, leading to a very slow first half and a very compressed My Villain Academia arc. It's a pity since MVA, in my opinion, is where the story becomes really meaningful.

That said, even considering all of the above, the anime freaking rocks when it comes to pivotal moments. Toga episode was good, Twice episode was great, and Tenko Shimura: Origin was heartwrenching. The distorted music during the last minutes is perfect.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter is out, not on Sunday due to stuff.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-he...12?action=read

Now I am going to think of the connections between Wit-ness and Wit-less

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter, not sure if I like it.

24. - Top - End - #1254

New chapter is some nice comedy on Deku's end. I quite like it, personally. We kinda need it after all this darkness, and it segways nicely into the next section.

25. - Top - End - #1255

I loved it. After a whole arc of pointing out how Deku can't just be a self-sacrificing hero 100% of the time but needs to take care of himself, and for other people to take care of him too, it would be wrong for the story to just skip straight to the next dramatic battle.

We needed to see him letting himself be cuddled a bit.

(Loved the detail that Stain's letter was a deranged love letter, and the true information was in a chip).

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

I love Deku yet I feel sometimes the manga should shift protagonist point of view 10% maybe 28% more of the time.

It would have been nice to see Deku’s return from a point of view of a Class 1 A member who has maintained their relationships, the coming and going’s, and is more in tune with the flow of change we the reader have been out of tune with for we been focusing on what Deku has been focusing on.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter, it is slow, yet it is setting up the player pieces for the next arc allowing the right people to be in the right places to create hopefully an amazing story.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-he...88?action=read

28. - Top - End - #1258

I'm torn by this; on the one hand I like all this build up and how we're reaching the finale sooner rather than later. Star and Stripe is hilarious and it's nice to see more lady characters doing things. It's also a completely realistic thing; the heroes from around the world would absolutely arrive to a situation like this, it's logical writing.

On the other hand My Hero really doesn't need new characters, and focusing on the classroom students should be done over it. I don't know if "girl who styles herself like All Might" is all that interesting an idea, it depends on the execution.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

The American hero can do what now?

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-he...44?action=read

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

There does not exist a pole with enough footage for me to engage that topic and say anything other than

“I mean…”

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.