New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Spoiler
    Show
    I've mentioned this before, but... The Movie where Bakugo temporarily became a torchbearer of One For All only to give it back to Izuku in the end and blank out the entire experience, apparently out of a desire to not take what he thought of as "Deku's quirk," is apparently at least semi-canonical.

And we know what happens to former Torchbearers of One For All after they die...

Considering that even when he was at his absolute worst, Izuku still considered Bakugo to be his friend, if Bakugo dies I can't help but imagine that Deku will react... Explosivly.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

Others are already talking about the new chapter, here is the link. I am in denial.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapt...emia?locale=en

Also here is the upcoming season 6 MHA anime trailer, which is going to start at the raid at the hospital arc.

Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

3. - Top - End - #1443

Are the movies all canon to the main storyline? Or is there a bit of pick and choose? Ive always hated that when some anime im a huge fan of does all these movies where the characters do awesomely epic things, then it just kinda... doesnt count? It either isnt canon or for some reason is never mentioned again. I HATE that. That and the really good filler. The one anime I hate the most for it is naruto. The filler arcs especially did so much to flesh out naruto and his connections to the ninja world in general, and specific characters in particular, that learning they dont count sucked. It had so much promise for the original series and shippuden and to lose all of it, bleh. Or they pull stuff like in pokemon where ash saves the entire fricking planet, then mewtwo erases everyones memories of it. I mean, I get it, especially there, dude is early in his career, and being world famous for saving cities, towns, planets, timelines, multiple times over, would be hard to balance with his dummy personality and lack of ability to win a tournament.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Are the movies all canon to the main storyline? Or is there a bit of pick and choose? Ive always hated that when some anime im a huge fan of does all these movies where the characters do awesomely epic things, then it just kinda... doesnt count? It either isnt canon or for some reason is never mentioned again. I HATE that. That and the really good filler. The one anime I hate the most for it is naruto. The filler arcs especially did so much to flesh out naruto and his connections to the ninja world in general, and specific characters in particular, that learning they dont count sucked. It had so much promise for the original series and shippuden and to lose all of it, bleh. Or they pull stuff like in pokemon where ash saves the entire fricking planet, then mewtwo erases everyones memories of it. I mean, I get it, especially there, dude is early in his career, and being world famous for saving cities, towns, planets, timelines, multiple times over, would be hard to balance with his dummy personality and lack of ability to win a tournament.
    They are semi canon, by design, but also thus was highly debated when movie 2 came out for reasons that are now obvious.

5. - Top - End - #1445

The movies are canon adjacent in that if nothing ever comes along to supplant it, they're canon. We know in the most recent stuff Deku has the tech we saw in the first movie, for example.

The new season looks tight! Excited for when it comes out!

And as for this week's chapter...

Spoiler
    Show
    ****. Jesus ****. They killed my boy.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

tongue Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    ****. Jesus ****. They killed my boy.
    Spoiler: Most Recent Chapter 363, see you in 2 weeks
    Show

I am going to open up the new MHA in 2 weeks and see Kacchan is all right! He is too stubborn and hot headed to die.

X-Men 2022 July and August Spoilers, you have been warned.
    Spoiler
    Show

2.5 weeks ago we thought the Eternals god of killing things had killed Magneto, but in this most recent issue only 4 days ago turns out the man is literally too angry to die and can survive without a heart. [at least perhaps for 1 hour]
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/15...wVv8S2SdjBrVVg

Kacchan is going to be all right!

Last edited by Ramza00; 2022-08-07 at 07:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: The worst idea
    Show
    I swear to Flying Spaghetti Monster if we get some nonsense about nitroglycerin slowing down his heart rate and that being what saves him I am going to LAUGH so hard because I KNOW people will be livid.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Show
    I swear to Flying Spaghetti Monster if we get some nonsense about nitroglycerin slowing down his heart rate and that being what saves him I am going to LAUGH so hard because I KNOW people will be livid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nitro IS used to treat heart conditions.

"A hole blown through your ****ing heart" is NOT, actually, a heart condition though!!!

As sad as this death does make me feel undoing it would be aaaawful. Unless they like... really, REALLY sell it and convince me it's good for the story.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Show
    Mechanically we could

Spoiler: Ideas
    Show

The big 3 are there so Suneater can give Bakugou flesh, best jeanist does thread surgery, and some frost hero can freeze Bakugou and then it is a rush to get to Eri in time.

=====

Then after we fix Kacchan there can be more parallels between Deku and Bakugou about not over doing it for others.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well ill give you that, its actually a believeable way to safe Bakugo.
    Patch him, freeze him, get him to Eri. There really isnt any reason she cant undo the damage.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #1451

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well ill give you that, its actually a believeable way to safe Bakugo.
    Patch him, freeze him, get him to Eri. There really isnt any reason she cant undo the damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    No one is around with ice powers that could do that, and even then you can't actually freeze someone solid. That doesn't actually stop you from dying- being frozen kills you too, after all.

Which is all a moot point because Eri's power only works on living things, and there's... basically no chance at all that Bakugo is still alive. Hanging on by threads at most.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No one is around with ice powers that could do that, and even then you can't actually freeze someone solid. That doesn't actually stop you from dying- being frozen kills you too, after all.

Which is all a moot point because Eri's power only works on living things, and there's... basically no chance at all that Bakugo is still alive. Hanging on by threads at most.
    Spoiler
    Show

Noone is saying anything about frozen solid. But cooling the body sufficiently helps stave off brain dead. Thats a known fact.
    And no Bakugo is still alive right now. What kills you isnt your heart stopping. Its your brain getting insufficient stuff to function.
    That takes a couple minuttes.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

So do we have ideas of what thread 🧵 #4 should be called?

14. - Top - End - #1454

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So do we have ideas of what thread 🧵 #4 should be called?
    My Hero Academia 4 Means Death In Japanese

Which is doubly fitting since like, unless suddenly everyone becomes very very active (or we litigate certain characters again) 4 will be the last My Hero thread.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

My Hero Academia 4 Means Death In Japanese

Which is doubly fitting since like, unless suddenly everyone becomes very very active (or we litigate certain characters again) 4 will be the last My Hero thread.
    I like it, but perhaps we can telegraph it more 🤔

(just talking out loud)

My Hero Academia 4: "I was screaming Four the entire time!"

(context) shi 四 Four , shi 死 Death, shiku 死苦 "suffer and die" aka death pains or the inevitability of death (one of the four kinds of meetings of the eight sufferings in Buddhism, the meetings are birth, aging, sickness, and death.) Thus 4 and 49 are considered unlucky in Japan.

I like this energy , yet I am listening more for I am horrible with how to phrase things

Spoiler: Feels, Image
    Show

God they been telegraphing themes for over a year now (chapter 298)

*FEELS*
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2022-08-08 at 02:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter, anyone have thoughts?

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapt...emia?locale=en

17. - Top - End - #1457

Bakugo continues to be dead. Mirko's definitely also not looking to hot (literally clawing and chomping her way through Shiguraki's flesh is a hell of a look though), Dabi DID, in fact, get back up as some people suspected way back when it implied he might be doing so, and for one brief glorious moment All for One, thanks to the copy of Eri's quirk, is finally revealing the true face of evil.

We're really in the end game now huh.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

Bakugo continues to be dead. Mirko's definitely also not looking to hot (literally clawing and chomping her way through Shiguraki's flesh is a hell of a look though), Dabi DID, in fact, get back up as some people suspected way back when it implied he might be doing so, and for one brief glorious moment All for One, thanks to the copy of Eri's quirk, is finally revealing the true face of evil.

We're really in the end game now huh.
    American Dad has really ruined all media for me forever because all I can hear right now is that one character screaming "The all is lost moment!!!" In my head
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    American Dad has really ruined all media for me forever because all I can hear right now is that one character screaming "The all is lost moment!!!" In my head
    Haven't seen that particular bit, but hah. Yeah.

I mean obviously from like... story writing stand points we know our heroes are going to win- but it's always a question of what we'll lose on the way. And there's always, always, ALWAYS a chance, in my mind, that we can get a Stealth Symphony pulled on us at basically any time.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Haven't seen that particular bit, but hah. Yeah.

I mean obviously from like... story writing stand points we know our heroes are going to win- but it's always a question of what we'll lose on the way. And there's always, always, ALWAYS a chance, in my mind, that we can get a Stealth Symphony pulled on us at basically any time.
    Im taking odds on a kaguya reveal. Any bets? It just doesnt feel like a proper manga without the final battle revealing the bad guy they were fighting all this time was actually the puppet of blah de bloo the magnificent. Ancient progenitor of quirks. Its gonna be that first glowing baby, I just know it.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #1461

Im taking odds on a kaguya reveal. Any bets? It just doesnt feel like a proper manga without the final battle revealing the bad guy they were fighting all this time was actually the puppet of blah de bloo the magnificent. Ancient progenitor of quirks. Its gonna be that first glowing baby, I just know it.
    Not even remotely gonna happen .

My Hero has some clear Naruto dna in it, but everywhere Naruto failed My Hero swerved to avoid it. I don't think this'll be much different.

22. - Top - End - #1462

My Hero has some clear Naruto dna in it, but everywhere Naruto failed My Hero swerved to avoid it. I don't think this'll be much different.
    He should totally do that, then everyone wakes up, it was a dream weaver quirk that went out of control. Everyone pretends it never happened and they get back to fighting.

In all seriousness, I wonder what kind of a reaction doing that sort of thing would create both in readers and fellow writers if he wrote up a tongue in cheek chapter that was basically mocking things like that from other well known works. Like Ichigo ending up being a shinigami quincy fullbring half dozen other things hybrid, or naruto and its three times over gotcha moments of who the final boss actually is while also revealing that whole destined thing between him and sasuke. Like in the glowing baby idea, everyone is sharing the same dream and when the big reveal of glow baby happens everyone, good bad or otherwise just reacts "This is soo... STUPID!" And the group rejection of the dream wakes them all up. Or we find out that All For One had a secret goal this whole time. He is a massive manga nerd and he refused to die before his favorite would end. Thats right, he did it All For One Piece. Oda swears it will end in the next decade, really. Sure its been a few centuries but its almost done.

23. - Top - End - #1463

He should totally do that, then everyone wakes up, it was a dream weaver quirk that went out of control. Everyone pretends it never happened and they get back to fighting.

In all seriousness, I wonder what kind of a reaction doing that sort of thing would create both in readers and fellow writers if he wrote up a tongue in cheek chapter that was basically mocking things like that from other well known works. Like Ichigo ending up being a shinigami quincy fullbring half dozen other things hybrid, or naruto and its three times over gotcha moments of who the final boss actually is while also revealing that whole destined thing between him and sasuke. Like in the glowing baby idea, everyone is sharing the same dream and when the big reveal of glow baby happens everyone, good bad or otherwise just reacts "This is soo... STUPID!" And the group rejection of the dream wakes them all up. Or we find out that All For One had a secret goal this whole time. He is a massive manga nerd and he refused to die before his favorite would end. Thats right, he did it All For One Piece. Oda swears it will end in the next decade, really. Sure its been a few centuries but its almost done.
    So, given All for One's personality, I could see that one. He'd stop reading once it's clear Blackbeard is just a sniveling coward though.

But also, and I cannot stress how true this is enough, that is almost note for note explicitly what a villain in Firepunch's motive is. And on that note if ANYONE was going to do something like this, it would absolutely be Fujimoto, who has come back with Chainsaw Man Part 2 and only now, like six chapters in, had the protagonist even show up. He's a fascinating creator who would without a doubt do that. To elaborate
    Spoiler: Firepunch spoilers
    Show
    one of the main villains of the entire series wants to revive all of humanity, and have history play out exactly as it did before, but last just long enough to see the sequel to The Last Jedi.

Other series that would almost without hesitation do this if they thought of it: Me and Roboco's mangaka, who just full on had a chapter about how Magu-Chan God of Destruction ended and how it's a better series that should have deserved more.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Eh.

In my view/opinion while MHA avoids a lot of Naruto's flaws and is better for it, in some cases it doesn't quite reach Naruto's heights either.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #1465

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Eh.

In my view/opinion while MHA avoids a lot of Naruto's flaws and is better for it, in some cases it doesn't quite reach Naruto's heights either.
    Obviously to each their own but I genuinely can't think of things Naruto does that are better except maybe Rock Lee taking off his weights, which is one of the most moments of all time. Literally genre defining, that one. But that's basically all Naruto has.

(I'd say that Naruto's best arc, Zabuza, is comparable to My Hero's equivalent, Stain, with the caveat that My Hero never steps away from the themes that first really substantial arc sets up for the rest of the series, whereas the Naruto we see at the end is incompatible with the Naruto we see in the Zabuza arc.)
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-08-23 at 05:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Obviously to each their own but I genuinely can't think of things Naruto does that are better except maybe Rock Lee taking off his weights, which is one of the most moments of all time. Literally genre defining, that one. But that's basically all Naruto has.

(I'd say that Naruto's best arc, Zabuza, is comparable to My Hero's equivalent, Stain, with the caveat that My Hero never steps away from the themes that first really substantial arc sets up for the rest of the series, whereas the Naruto we see at the end is incompatible with the Naruto we see in the Zabuza arc.)
    Rock Lee taking off his weights literally has nothing to do with what Naruto is talking about or any of its themes. while Rock Lee is a cool character, your massively missing the point if you think his issues are anything what Naruto as a whole was about.

while no, the Land of Waves is completely in line with the themes of ending arc of Naruto. The point of that arc was to show The World As It Is: ninja being weapons for the state or rich people despite whatever intentions they have, and how this is horrible for everyone involved, ending with Naruto upon seeing the state of things vowing to fix this and make a better way, before that he doesn't have the motivation or drive to change anything and his goals are nothing but to become Hokage to get respect. its a conscious decision to be better and not just a tool who kills people just so he can get promoted to be a military dictator. the final arc is showing how in turn Madara was just a tool for Kaguya/Zetsu to greedily devour all chakra despite his good intentions of making an illusory world without conflict. Just like Haku and Zabusa were nothing but tools to Gato, Zetsu and Madara were nothing but tools used by Kaguya. the whole villain side? showing a long chain of people using other people as tools to accomplish their ends.

and of course the Naruto we see at the end is incompatible with the Naruto starting out: thats what growth and character development is. People look back on their younger selves and say "I was so stupid back then" all the time. self reflection and realizing that their previous behavior was not good behavior is a good thing.

Rock Lee is kind of a massive case of misaimed fandom, as it takes a side character who talks up a philosophy about hard work then proceeds to demonstrate that you can still fail despite having that philosophy, and not necessarily just because Garra was "talented". Garra could only have his power in the first place due to the hard work of making something advanced enough to see the One-Tailed Tanuki. while in turn, Kakashi observes that no normal person could attain as many Gates as Lee could have without being some kind of genius and thus Rock Lee is just talented in a different way. So the dichotomy of hard work vs talent is fake, because both sides have hard work and talent involved in their abilities. if we're talking pure hard work, shouldn't Madara be rewarded for the decades of planning, manipulating and such to realize his twisted dream? shouldn't Obito be rewarded for carrying out all that work? after all they have been working longer than the two years Naruto and Sasuke have been working, and always will due to being born before them. Rock Lee's way of viewing the world was fundamentally flawed from the outset, just because he was sympathetic doesn't mean he was right. nowhere does Naruto definitively say that hard work can achieve anything and everything. nowhere does it say that hard work guarantees success. Its important, but its not everything.

while Stain....is not MHA's first arc. it is in fact, according to what I can find, the SIXTH arc. you can't really compare it to Land of Waves like that. It is three arcs away from being the end of the UA Beginnings SAGA which covers the first nine story arcs, this is because MHA massively efficient or sped up compared Naruto, evading filler by making an arc about 3-4 episodes or chapters long. this is good because you don't waste time on things unimportant, but it also means that fights that should be longer, or have more weight or should be a lingered on a bit get passed by at the same speed. furthermore, MHA's themes are not Naruto's themes. a story about a kid growing up in a war torn world and working to show people how they can be more peaceful rather constantly using each other as tools for one cause or other is talking about something completely different from MHA.

MHA's themes and how it presents itself are different and a bit confusing: first, All-Might presents the current situation of society as a Symbol of Peace, keeping things orderly and non-anarchic as completely positive and better than the alternative of centuries of crime and urban civil warfare, because I doubt nations warred against other nations. Stain on the other hand calls out many of the current heroes as greedy and not true heroes but he is fundamentalist in his understanding of a hero, and I'd wager that even some beloved Marvel and DC characters wouldn't meet his standards of heroism: such as the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, Iron Man, Booster Gold, perhaps even Green Arrow and Batman. money getting involved with superheroes does not inherently make the superhero bad. so I don't think Stains view of how Hero society works is one take as a valid alternate view of the situation. then Endeavor becomes #1 Hero and law and order starts breaking down in the streets just people don't like the guy as much??? if he is so controversial, problematic and such even in universe, how he has not fallen out of fame years ago??? like internet cancel culture would eat Endeavor like vultures if he sneezed wrong, and seemingly the only reason he got the position was because people the feel need to rank the heroes for no reason and keep the positions in lockstep. sometimes current culture of heroism is shown to be limiting like with Gentle and Himiko Toga, but then that the Meta Liberation Army gives in to their worst impulses and joins the villains, showing that what they really want is not rights but to dominate. so do the villains have a point about this society made to control Quirks or not? I may be misremembering, but Midoriya seemingly never addresses these criticisms and continues to just to continue to train to be a hero and All Might's successor without making it clear what he actually intends to do about all this.

Meanwhile Naruto makes it completely clear that the world is screwed up, that the villains do have a point about it in their assessment of it but are massively wrong in their methods to fix it. and that the series is about finding the right method to fix the world for real rather than fix it badly or in a fake way, and he does actually show a better way in his methods and actions. People hate Naruto for actually doing what he said he was going to do from the beginning over Zabusa's and Haku's grave and succeeding at it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

MHA's themes and how it presents itself are different and a bit confusing: first, All-Might presents the current situation of society as a Symbol of Peace, keeping things orderly and non-anarchic as completely positive and better than the alternative of centuries of crime and urban civil warfare, because I doubt nations warred against other nations. Stain on the other hand calls out many of the current heroes as greedy and not true heroes but he is fundamentalist in his understanding of a hero, and I'd wager that even some beloved Marvel and DC characters wouldn't meet his standards of heroism: such as the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, Iron Man, Booster Gold, perhaps even Green Arrow and Batman. money getting involved with superheroes does not inherently make the superhero bad. so I don't think Stains view of how Hero society works is one take as a valid alternate view of the situation. then Endeavor becomes #1 Hero and law and order starts breaking down in the streets just people don't like the guy as much??? if he is so controversial, problematic and such even in universe, how he has not fallen out of fame years ago??? like internet cancel culture would eat Endeavor like vultures if he sneezed wrong, and seemingly the only reason he got the position was because people the feel need to rank the heroes for no reason and keep the positions in lockstep. sometimes current culture of heroism is shown to be limiting like with Gentle and Himiko Toga, but then that the Meta Liberation Army gives in to their worst impulses and joins the villains, showing that what they really want is not rights but to dominate. so do the villains have a point about this society made to control Quirks or not? I may be misremembering, but Midoriya seemingly never addresses these criticisms and continues to just to continue to train to be a hero and All Might's successor without making it clear what he actually intends to do about all this.
    I'm not sure it's hugely confusing as long as you realise one salient fact: All-Might was wrong.

All-Might was the symbol of peace, but it was negative peace. Negative peace is the absence of violence, and that's what All-Might created. He created a situation where villains were met with overwhelming force to the point where they could only exist at small scales, but didn't act to address the reasons why they became villains in the first place (creating a positive peace where societal problems are constructively resolved and the underlying reasons for violence are removed).

And we do know what Midoriya intends to do about this, because he can look at Tomura Shigaraki and see someone asking to be saved not needing to be defeated.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not even touching the Naruto thing, but for MHA consider that things make more sense when you remember Gentle, Toga, and the MLA are bad guys. Gentle wasn't cut out for heroism, something I think is hard to see behind how good he is in a fight. But being able to throw hands does not a hero make, and he genuinely ****ed up someone else's rescue that cost someone 6 months of painful recovery. Toga is a murderer. The MLF are supremacists who demand the right to use their powers however they want whenever they want with no regard to how it hurts others. What do all these have in common? Somewhat legitimate issues and complaints about how the current system did not work for them or to their benefit. What else do they have in common? They made those issues everyone's problem. Gentle's crimes were not victimless, even a robbery where no one gets hurt has property damage and could shut a business down costing people jobs and livelihoods. He specifically manages to come to terms with how he was wrong, but that makes him kind of unique among the various people we are talking about here. (A short story that talks a bit about the realities how that kind of crime can still seriously hurt people, it's also a great exploration of themes very similar to Gentle's and the wider universe it is set in has some similar themes to MHA in general that I think any MHA fan would seriously enjoy so I recommend reading Interviewing Leather) Toga kills people, and while she lacked anyone willing to reach out and help her as a child the same is far from true now. The simple fact is Toga doesn't want to change who she is. And the MLF, they take a potentially legitimate gripe about accessibility and how quirks are being integrated into larger society and decide to be the worst kind of "tear it all down" accelerationists with no regard to what the world looks like when they are done. Only the knowledge they personally will be better off once the dust settles, when frankly that isn't even a sure thing. It only looks inconsistent if you assume that the villains having a point is the same as them being correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I'm not sure it's hugely confusing as long as you realize one salient fact: All-Might was wrong.
    I don't disagree with the the larger point that fixing baseline issues to avoid someone being a villain is better then waiting till they start hurting people and stopping them is an important if ultimately impossible goal, but I do disagree with the phrasing that he was "wrong". All Might was the correct solution for the world he became a hero in. A chaotic time by all accounts, where All For One was behind the scenes manipulating and controlling the world and evil did in fact have a face that could be punched. And All Might punched that thing right off. He created a time of peace and stability where people by and large could be safe and happy. The problem is All Might was so damn big it was hard to look past him to consider a world where he would be gone, he single handedly propped held stability on his shoulders and the few people who did consider the fragility of peace were groups like the Public Safety Commission who decided to make the peace brittle by maintaining the façade of perfection by handing problems internally and lethally instead of admitting heroes were being bad actors. Which was a kind of villainy the man was just not equipped to root out and handle.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2022-08-24 at 11:38 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

29. - Top - End - #1469

Yeah I'm just not gonna respond, everyone else has gone a good enough job so all I'd really be doing is adding "these are things you misinterpreted on my initial post on this Raziere, sorry if I wrote it bad, let me restate" which I just don't think is that helpful over all.

Anyway hey talent is fake; while it may seem like people have natural talent it's basically almost always a case of them getting support from a young age, or other factors that are invisible if not directly looked at. While manga may often disagree with that, I think the fact that Deku is one of the best heroes out there is an example of how you don't need any "special talent". You just need the opportunity. That's pretty rad.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I don't disagree with the the larger point that fixing baseline issues to avoid someone being a villain is better then waiting till they start hurting people and stopping them is an important if ultimately impossible goal, but I do disagree with the phrasing that he was "wrong". All Might was the correct solution for the world he became a hero in. A chaotic time by all accounts, where All For One was behind the scenes manipulating and controlling the world and evil did in fact have a face that could be punched. And All Might punched that thing right off. He created a time of peace and stability where people by and large could be safe and happy. The problem is All Might was so damn big it was hard to look past him to consider a world where he would be gone, he single handedly propped held stability on his shoulders and the few people who did consider the fragility of peace were groups like the Public Safety Commission who decided to make the peace brittle by maintaining the façade of perfection by handing problems internally and lethally instead of admitting heroes were being bad actors. Which was a kind of villainy the man was just not equipped to root out and handle.
    All-Might didn't solve the problems with the world though. He treated the symptoms but didn't remove the causes, and the moment he was out of the picture things deteriorated in a scant few months (Remember that in-universe we're still within the scope of a single school year).

That's why I say he was wrong. He thought he had fixed the problem, but he hadn't. He'd just delayed it.

It's kinda consistent with his failure to really teach Midoriya to use OfA as well, he just kinda naturally does what's in front of him, he doesn't think about how he's doing it in a way he can communicate or whether it's really giving him what he wants.