New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

No one else took the time to make it so here we go. It's time for more My Hero!

The latest volume cover got revealed today and you can see it here.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Good looking cover!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Chapter 237 is up.
    Spoiler
    Show

It seems that All for One didn't cause Shigaraki's quirk, and instead Shigaraki is just twisted from his father's abuse.

However, I have to wonder, was AFO secretly trailing him? It makes it highly possible that AFO was trailing him, because he was keeping tabs on the family, in case he ever needed them as leverage.

Also, it seems there are extra grown-up hands from his attackers, so maybe that explain the issue with extra arms that was discussed?
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-07-26 at 10:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Alright i can see my previous theories were wrong.
    The wrong hand sizes were just due to art limitations.
    But.. the Awakening of the Symbol of Fear?.. Perfect.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

New chapter (yes I am reading the leaks early.)

God I can't stop help imaging Shigaraki youth voice as Jonathan Taylor Thomas from the Lion King, you know the scene where Simba is yelling

Help! (Echos) Somebody (Echos) ... Anybody (body part of the word echos) ... Help (Simba starts crying)
    The allergy scratching and the tears they are the same, yet different.

(I delight so much in Tomura Shigaraki / Tenko Shimura)
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Official Translations of Chapter 237 is now out (7/28)

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapt...-hero-academia

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Is MangaStream legal source of manga? I had impression it is.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Is MangaStream legal source of manga? I had impression it is.
    It's absolutely not. It's fan translation and illegally sourced, stolen from the warehouse scans. Do not use it, the monthly cost of a Shonen Jump subscription is a dollar.

Anyway, new chapter!

This is probably the best series in Jump right now. What a good chapter!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-07-29 at 08:14 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

The dub version of season 4 trailer is out. We will see MHA in a little over 2 months from today.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm not sure I understood that last two pages right...

Did Shigaraki just pull a Naruto? Villains aren't supposed to be able to do that...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    I'm not sure I understood that last two pages right...

Did Shigaraki just pull a Naruto? Villains aren't supposed to be able to do that...
    What does pulling a Naruto mean? Character growth?

12. - Top - End - #12

Talking your opponents into your point of view mid-battle.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Talking your opponents into your point of view mid-battle.
    I figured you meant his hand motions onto the earth looked similar to the summoning jutsu.

Sidenote my eyes have been bothering me all day, I have the urged to rub the skin near them. I may be wanting to destroy everything come Sunday at this pace.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-08-02 at 09:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just wanted to point out I love how Shigaraki's been drawn this chapter. He looks more and more like an extraneous object to the whole world around him.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we just get to the Tartarus arc

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Just wanted to point out I love how Shigaraki's been drawn this chapter. He looks more and more like an extraneous object to the whole world around him.
    Yeah i do love his development. He is growing closer and closer to something that might truely be known as the symbol of fear.
    And i always hated the hands :P

17. - Top - End - #17

Or... did he go meta, and literally disintegrated Re-destro's conviction?

I'm not sure how to interpret the text...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I think he disintegrated an entire district along with everything inside it.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter 238 is out (released Sunday August 4th)

Note in 237 and 238 Tomura Shigaraki voice bubbles have changed (it changes when Shigaraki destroys his father's hand.) They used to be all scratchy the voice bubbles and not "clean / bold" like they are now. Now when I say "clean / bold" understand most characters of MHA have this style with their voice bubbles...Yet at the same time other characters also have weird voice bubbles, for example Tenya Iida is often more angular sometimes even rectangles for he is so direct and matter in fact with his language. Furthermore sometimes the girls especially Ochaco Uraraka seem to have more bubbles / curves at the tail of the bubble and so on.

Yet while the Shigaraki voice bubble is different, the Shigaraki exclusive Font is still in use. So Shigaraki is liberated and is literally talking with a different tonal inflection / tonal style but it is still very much Tomura Shigaraki's voice, yet at the same time Shigaraki is different than he was before.

-----

These insights are not available in the fan translations, for they often use a single font for all the voices.

Or... did he go meta, and literally disintegrated Re-destro's conviction?

I'm not sure how to interpret the text...
    A person whose quirk is based off frustration, resentment, anger has a viewpoint where they organize their mental reality around an ideal and then compare the ideal reality towards the material reality and they get frustrated when reality does not live up to the ideal. At the same time they try to reorganize reality towards that ideal and live a closer version of it.

Other people are built different where they organize reality around 2 preventing rejection / vulnerability or 3 they are trying to create a reality similar to their attachment objects / attachment people / what is familiar to them and so on, they are quickly able to adapt to change as long as they are near things that are familiar to them.

The problem with Re-Destero is that while Re-Destero disagrees with Shigaraki, Shigaraki is simultaneously coming closer to Re-Destero's ideal and thus there is less anger / frustration with him, merely disagreement. Shigaraki is literally becoming liberated, and liberation is Re-Destero's utopic ideal, a utopic ideal that is simultaneously the good place and no place for utopia never exists in this world but instead only exists as an image in ones mind, a symbol in one's mind, a symbol of peace.

(Thomas More when he coined the term Utopia did so out of a pun, he took two different words that were simultaneously the same sounds besides the first vowel, the words were eu-topia as in The Good Place, and ou-topia as in No Place. How you inflect the u in this sound changes the meaning, for vowel shifts, vowel glides, and Diphthong where you blend two vowels in one syllable changes the meaning of words. Thus Thomas More creator of the term Utopia did so out of a pun for he thought it funny and insightful.)
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-08-05 at 01:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    The art in this series is always good but THIS, this is probably some of the best it's had it's entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    New Chapter 238 is out (released Sunday August 4th)

Note in 237 and 238 Tomura Shigaraki voice bubbles have changed (it changes when Shigaraki destroys his father's hand.) They used to be all scratchy the voice bubbles and not "clean / bold" like they are now. Now when I say "clean / bold" understand most characters of MHA have this style with their voice bubbles...Yet at the same time other characters also have weird voice bubbles, for example Tenya Iida is often more angular sometimes even rectangles for he is so direct and matter in fact with his language. Furthermore sometimes the girls especially Ochaco Uraraka seem to have more bubbles / curves at the tail of the bubble and so on.

Yet while the Shigaraki voice bubble is different, the Shigaraki exclusive Font is still in use. So Shigaraki is liberated and is literally talking with a different tonal inflection / tonal style but it is still very much Tomura Shigaraki's voice, yet at the same time Shigaraki is different than he was before.

These insights are not available in the fan translations, for they often use a single font for all the voices.

A person whose quirk is based off frustration, resentment, anger has a viewpoint where they organize their mental reality around an ideal and then compare the ideal reality towards the material reality and they get frustrated when reality does not live up to the ideal. At the same time they try to reorganize reality towards that ideal and live a closer version of it.

Other people are built different where they organize reality around 2 preventing rejection / vulnerability or 3 they are trying to create a reality similar to their attachment objects / attachment people / what is familiar to them and so on, they are quickly able to adapt to change as long as they are near things that are familiar to them.

The problem with Re-Destero is that while Re-Destero disagrees with Shigaraki, Shigaraki is simultaneously coming closer to Re-Destero's ideal and thus there is less anger / frustration with him, merely disagreement. Shigaraki is literally becoming liberated, and liberation is Re-Destero's utopic ideal, a utopic ideal that is simultaneously the good place and no place for utopia never exists in this world but instead only exists as an image in ones mind, a symbol in one's mind, a symbol of peace.

(Thomas More when he coined the term Utopia did so out of a pun, he took two different words that were simultaneously the same sounds besides the first vowel, the words were eu-topia as in The Good Place, and ou-topia as in No Place. How you inflect the u in this sound changes the meaning, for vowel shifts, vowel glides, and Diphthong where you blend two vowels in one syllable changes the meaning of words. Thus Thomas More creator of the term Utopia did so out of a pun for he thought it funny and insightful.)
    To put it more simply, Re Destro see's the perfect image of his ideal in Shigaraki, and because Re Destro is LEGITIMATELY trying to do this, it's weakening his resolve. How can one destroy the absolute pinnacle of their desires?

also yeah the textbox thing is really cool. He's no longer mumbling, it's great. I love how this series uses text boxes as a way to further characterization. Square/rectangular boxes are used for robots and "less then emotional" types, typically, so Iida speaking like that is a sign of his autism that is super cool.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

No Academy this week.

Otoh. New Berserk chapter.

22. - Top - End - #22

No Academy this week.

Otoh. New Berserk chapter.
    The awkward realization that there's no legal place to read Berserk, that I'm aware of

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Join the dark side :P

24. - Top - End - #24

Join the dark side :P
    Berserk will never get officially released because all of it's attempts at gaining modern appeal was killed by the compilation movies and anime being bad, so I wouldn't necessarily call it dark side, but fair.

I will continue to not read illegal scans of series that are actually being supported, since I like when artists get money

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I will continue to not read illegal scans of series that are actually being supported, since I like when artists get money
    Give Eevee a Water Stone - Vaporeon

Give Eevee a Thunder Stone - Jolteon

Give Eevee a Fire Stone - Flareon

Give Eevee money to support their creative endeavors - Patreon

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

The awkward realization that there's no legal place to read Berserk
    I will continue to not read illegal scans of series that are actually being supported
    I fail to see the conflict?
    I admire the principle in wanting to support the artists.
    But if its not possible to do so?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Give Eevee a Water Stone - Vaporeon

Give Eevee a Thunder Stone - Jolteon

Give Eevee a Fire Stone - Flareon

Give Eevee money to support their creative endeavors - Patreon
    Give Eevee a French stone - Napoleon.

The way to legally read Berserk is to buy it.

The English releases aren’t far behind because that’s easy when there’s only two issues a year.

I’m p. Sure Dark Horse don’t go in for digital distribution for any of their series.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2019-08-09 at 03:44 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I fail to see the conflict?
    I admire the principle in wanting to support the artists.
    But if its not possible to do so?
    It's less a conflict and more me going "awe I feel bad about not being able to do it legally" and then softly reminding everyone that they don't have to read Shonen Jump illegally because I'm mean.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-09 at 08:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

So I've been kind of stuck on this... really silly theory.

So it could just be art- it probably is just how art works- but baby Tenko looks a lot like Baby Deku. And All Might did directly compare Inko to Nana. And Inko has the power to attract things to her hands. And there was that weird moment where everything in the backyard was going to hell in a handbasket but that the weird... garden tool... thing just sort of... found its way into Daddy Shimura's hand?

Just. Putting that there into the world. Holds about as much water as a butterfly net, but it's just my thoughts.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2019-08-13 at 05:49 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah.. sorry mate.. but i do think thats tinfoil hat level
    I mean, when its just a vague visual simularity.
    And something thats easier to explain by the artist lacking experience with drawing very young children?