New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

I don't know. It's said that all Quirks in some way or another push their owners to use them. In fact, it's what I claimed was what AfO stated outright, and I don't have a reason to disbelieve him
    I dont recall the specific situation. But if its something AfO stated to justify his philosophy, then it should perhaos be taken with a large grain of salt.
    At least we havent really seen any evidence to support this.

And no i dont considder Toga evidence. My stance on her has been made clear.
    She is a messed up person with a quirk. Not a person messed up by a quirk.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is the invisible lady always invisible?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Is the invisible lady always invisible?
    Her quirk is classified as a "mutant" type, so yes, it's safe to assume she's always like that.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2019-10-27 at 12:59 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

5. - Top - End - #275

Is there a character with regeneration that breaks the 4th wall? Because I saw one superhero story with that. I think the character's name was Batman.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, we do meet a Deadpool-like character later on.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Colossus in the Playground

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Still more build up more than anything else, but that's okay. I really like how Bakugo gets mad that Deku knows some of teh logistics behind his moves. Get a restraining order dude! Or kiss him, either or.

Also, hving dinner at Endeavor's house is going to be... interesting. So many scars, and all of them sad. Awkward family dinners are hard enough.

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Well, we do meet a Deadpool-like character later on.
    Do you mean Ms. Joke?

9. - Top - End - #279

Do you mean Ms. Joke?
    They mean Double.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Still more build up more than anything else, but that's okay. I really like how Bakugo gets mad that Deku knows some of teh logistics behind his moves. Get a restraining order dude! Or kiss him, either or.

Argues over shipping.

Spoiler: Shipping stuff
    Show

Sorry but Bakugou and Izuku / Deku is not like a couple who is romantically interested in each other. The energy is just all wrong.

Bakugou and Izuku are like brothers and cousins where they crave attention from others. They sorta like the attention they got as children from their adults, yet it was not right. At the same time the other person provided a form of attention that they craved but could not articulate, but besides that one thing they can't stand everything else about the other person. Thus these "brotherly / cousins / childhood friends" beame rivals and have an adversarial / animosity relationship.

It is not romantic at all, in fact it is the opposite of romance for both of them want to be understood by everyone else, but being understood in part by their rival is insufferable for they can't stand everything about their rival besides that one thing they do appreciate.

They are too polar opposites and thus they can not like each other. Oil and water. This is not Sasuke and Naruto, it is something different entirely.

They mean Double.
    Double is a more literal version of his name, agreed. But for Magic_Hat , LaZodiac is referring to the character who also goes by the name Twice.

Twice is the translation that Viz / Funimation is using for this person's name in the English Dub and the Manga.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-10-27 at 06:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281

They mean Double.
    You mean this:
    Spoiler: image
    Show

I hope someone gets the reference.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope we are just MCU heathens, we do not get references

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Nope we are just MCU heathens, we do not get references
    "MCU"? The "Milk Consumers Union"? The "Municipal Crustaceans Unicorns"? I have no idea what you're talking about.

14. - Top - End - #284

Argues over shipping.

Spoiler: Shipping stuff
    Show

Sorry but Bakugou and Izuku / Deku is not like a couple who is romantically interested in each other. The energy is just all wrong.

Bakugou and Izuku are like brothers and cousins where they crave attention from others. They sorta like the attention they got as children from their adults, yet it was not right. At the same time the other person provided a form of attention that they craved but could not articulate, but besides that one thing they can't stand everything else about the other person. Thus these "brotherly / cousins / childhood friends" beame rivals and have an adversarial / animosity relationship.

It is not romantic at all, in fact it is the opposite of romance for both of them want to be understood by everyone else, but being understood in part by their rival is insufferable for they can't stand everything about their rival besides that one thing they do appreciate.

They are too polar opposites and thus they can not like each other. Oil and water. This is not Sasuke and Naruto, it is something different entirely.

Double is a more literal version of his name, agreed. But for Magic_Hat , LaZodiac is referring to the character who also goes by the name Twice.

Twice is the translation that Viz / Funimation is using for this person's name in the English Dub and the Manga.
    I was very tired when I posted that post, thank you for the correction.

You mean this:
    Spoiler: image
    Show

I know that's Double from Skull Girls but I don't get it otherwise.

"MCU"? The "Milk Consumers Union"? The "Municipal Crustaceans Unicorns"? I have no idea what you're talking about.
    I forgot to quote Ramza's post as well because I have no idea what he brought the Marvel Cinematic Universe into it, but also what the **** are you talking about? You're not actually an idiot you know what he meant.

15. - Top - End - #285

I forgot to quote Ramza's post as well because I have no idea what he brought the Marvel Cinematic Universe into it, but also what the **** are you talking about? You're not actually an idiot you know what he meant.
    Oh THAT MCU. Geez, why do you guys expect me to complain about the MCU every waking second? Just because I complain about the MCU in figuratively every thread you expect me to do it in literally every thread? I do other stuff okay! I wasn't on the clock! I like to keep my professional life, and my personal life, and my complaining about he MCU life all separate okay. That was my day off.

16. - Top - End - #286

Oh THAT MCU. Geez, why do you guys expect me to complain about the MCU every waking second? Just because I complain about the MCU in figuratively every thread you expect me to do it in literally every thread? I do other stuff okay! I wasn't on the clock! I like to keep my professional life, and my personal life, and my complaining about he MCU life all separate okay. That was my day off.
    I had to have it explained to me that you have a massive hate **** for the MCU because I genuinely did not notice or even really care.

Point is that was Double from Skull Girls but she looked different than what I'm used to.

Anyway hey, My Hero! It's good. There was a cool and great interview held between a website, Horikoshi, and Kubo Tite of Bleach infamy and I do not have the link to share at the moment but can get it once at home. Highlights include Kubo rightly saying that Horikoshi's art is great, Horikoshi channeling his inner fan, and Horikoshi being Deku in so many many ways that it makes me sad HORIKOSHI STOP BEING DOWN ON YOURSELF PLEASE OH MY GOD STOP.

17. - Top - End - #287

Point is that was Double from Skull Girls but she looked different than what I'm used to.
    Cut me some slack. I just went to the Screenshot section of the Skullgirls discussion page on Steam and found the first image with Double.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Cut me some slack. I just went to the Screenshot section of the Skullgirls discussion page on Steam and found the first image with Double.
    Why?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

20. - Top - End - #290

I've given you all the slack I was just curious about the art and how it attached to Ramza's comment.

Why?

Because I said Double instead of Twice.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway hey, My Hero! It's good. There was a cool and great interview held between a website, Horikoshi, and Kubo Tite of Bleach infamy and I do not have the link to share at the moment but can get it once at home. Highlights include Kubo rightly saying that Horikoshi's art is great, Horikoshi channeling his inner fan, and Horikoshi being Deku in so many many ways that it makes me sad HORIKOSHI STOP BEING DOWN ON YOURSELF PLEASE OH MY GOD STOP.
    ....This explains a lot actually. MHA definitely makes more sense now that I know this information. pretty obvious were he gets the inspiration for all this.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ....This explains a lot actually. MHA definitely makes more sense now that I know this information. pretty obvious were he gets the inspiration for all this.
    Here is the interview by the way!

And girl, you really don't know. Horikoshi has had two series. The first one, Oumagadoki Zoo, which is honestly really good as a first series, was cancelled at 29 chapters. Barrage of the Battle Star, which was BRILLIANT, was cancelled AT SIXTEEN CHAPTERS.

My Hero is the first time he's ever hit FIFTY, let alone triple digits. To put it bluntly he IS Deku, thinking he's a failure and trying one last shot, straight from the heart. And he did it. It's so good.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-10-28 at 10:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Here is the interview by the way!

And girl, you really don't know. Horikoshi has had two series. The first one, Oumagadoki Zoo, which is honestly really good as a first series, was cancelled at 29 chapters. Barrage of the Battle Star, which was BRILLIANT, was cancelled AT SIXTEEN CHAPTERS.

My Hero is the first time he's ever hit FIFTY, let alone triple digits. To put it bluntly he IS Deku, thinking he's a failure and trying one last shot, straight from the heart. And he did it. It's so good.
    I've seen events in actual western Superhero comics--Classic characters--wherein the character pushes themselves beyond their limits, characters who are known for that endurance, referred to as going "Plus Ultra."

The first time I saw it it was a discussion of The Thing finally defeating the Hulk(Devil Hulk specifically, the strongest one to date) when Puppet Master took him over.

The second was Spider-Man getting back up and punching out a Carnage possessed Norman Osborn after Osborn had just finished kicking the crap out of him becuase Osborn thought he was Carnage as was going to kill two kids.

The Thing and Spider-Man are known from pushing themselves past their limits. They both have famous moments of it.

So that Horikoshiki's work had such an influence that it was used to describe them is kind of hard proof that he's made it.

Especially when you consider his obvious love of Western Superheroes.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #294

The thought of not only getting to sit side by side with my idols and hear them praise me, but for people overseas who I idolize to be using my work as reference to for to make THEIR stuff better, would actually ****ing kill me.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

All I know is that people have been comparing All Might to Superman and have found Superman wanting in comparison to All Might. not to say that superman isn't a good dude, but All-Might has outdone him in terms of hope and peace in some peoples estimation by being able to pass on his torch and teach others how to be heroes all with a smile, warmth and charisma that Superman in all his stoic reserved nature and distant restrained godhood can't really replicate.

26. - Top - End - #296

The thought of not only getting to sit side by side with my idols and hear them praise me, but for people overseas who I idolize to be using my work as reference to for to make THEIR stuff better, would actually ****ing kill me.
    I think I was misunderstood.

It was critics and fans using MHA terminology, not the writers themselves, but the idea that his work has become so popular and widespread that the comparisons get made in his favor at all isn't much of a step-down.

Anyway, reading the interview
    Horikoshi: Now that you mention it, there are a lot of memorable names in Bleach that feature alliteration, like the badass-sounding “Aaroniero Arruruerie.” That’s the sort of vibe I wanted to replicate with Rock Lock.
    I actually find it kind of charming that Horikoshi likes Aroniero's name, considering that Espada Noventa is... Kind of a joke. He's spooky for a little bit but as soon as his cover's blown it becomes pretty obvious that he's kind of an idiot. I'll be honest, if I didn't have a thing for the "eat something to gain its power" trope I'd probably forget about him entirely.

After reading the interview, is it bad that I want these two to collaborate on something?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    All I know is that people have been comparing All Might to Superman and have found Superman wanting in comparison to All Might. not to say that superman isn't a good dude, but All-Might has outdone him in terms of hope and peace in some peoples estimation by being able to pass on his torch and teach others how to be heroes all with a smile, warmth and charisma that Superman in all his stoic reserved nature and distant restrained godhood can't really replicate.
    That's only poorly written Superman stories by people who don't understand the character " Cough Zack Snyder "

Superman is that Warm and charasmatic individual. The guy that goes to Old folks homes and helps out for the day. The guy that will volunteer at a soup kitchen, as well as work to help make sure it has the funds it needs to keep operating, by doing a report on it as Clark Kent.

Superman is the guy who helps, because he loves people. Metropolis is a place everyone wants to live in because it's people are full of hope. Not because Superman is Jesus, but because being around him makes other people want to do better and to help others. Superman is the oposite of Stoic, he wears his emotions on his sleeve and everyone in universe knows this, and it's why they love him.

If Superman shows up in a crowd, or has some kids with a hand drawn picture they made. Supes is going to make sure to give everyone there that he can a hug, and a smile to remember him by.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    That's only poorly written Superman stories by people who don't understand the character " Cough Zack Snyder "

Superman is that Warm and charasmatic individual. The guy that goes to Old folks homes and helps out for the day. The guy that will volunteer at a soup kitchen, as well as work to help make sure it has the funds it needs to keep operating, by doing a report on it as Clark Kent.

Superman is the guy who helps, because he loves people. Metropolis is a place everyone wants to live in because it's people are full of hope. Not because Superman is Jesus, but because being around him makes other people want to do better and to help others. Superman is the oposite of Stoic, he wears his emotions on his sleeve and everyone in universe knows this, and it's why they love him.

If Superman shows up in a crowd, or has some kids with a hand drawn picture they made. Supes is going to make sure to give everyone there that he can a hug, and a smile to remember him by.
    I've never seen a single zack snyder film. all I know of him is from the DCAU.

he is stoic my dude. All-Might outclasses him in warmth and charisma, I'm sorry.

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I think I was misunderstood.

It was critics and fans using MHA terminology, not the writers themselves, but the idea that his work has become so popular and widespread that the comparisons get made in his favor at all isn't much of a step-down.

Anyway, reading the interviewI actually find it kind of charming that Horikoshi likes Aroniero's name, considering that Espada Noventa is... Kind of a joke. He's spooky for a little bit but as soon as his cover's blown it becomes pretty obvious that he's kind of an idiot. I'll be honest, if I didn't have a thing for the "eat something to gain its power" trope I'd probably forget about him entirely.

After reading the interview, is it bad that I want these two to collaborate on something?
    Yeah, my bad.

Honestly, the only issue I'd have with a colab between the two is uh... what would Kubo do, exactly? If I had to come up with anything he could do, I'd guess maybe costume design? Since he is pretty good at that most of the time.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

I've never seen a single zack snyder film. all I know of him is from the DCAU.

he is stoic my dude. All-Might outclasses him in warmth and charisma, I'm sorry.
    Yes thats only a slightly better source.
    Grant Morrison does it a lot better.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar