New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Ok, im curious, how well known is it that deku has all mights quirk?
    At the beginning, it was Recovery Girl, Tsukauchi, Nezu, Gran Torino, previously Nighteye. All for One sussed it out on his own. Bakugou figured it out with some help. And then Shigaraki knows Deku has One for All, but there's no indication that he knows it came from All Might.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Colossus in the Playground

I imagine that it will be made publically known the nature and origin of Deku's Quirk when and only when it becomes impossible to hide the fact that he has more than one quirk.

I mean, he was able to pass Blackwhip off as an aspect of his Super Strength Quirk... Remind me how he explained that again? But it might be harder to pass off being able to fly. Or whatever other powers he gets.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #873

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I imagine that it will be made publically known the nature and origin of Deku's Quirk when and only when it becomes impossible to hide the fact that he has more than one quirk.

I mean, he was able to pass Blackwhip off as an aspect of his Super Strength Quirk... Remind me how he explained that again? But it might be harder to pass off being able to fly. Or whatever other powers he gets.
    Bah, if might gai can fly with the force of his immense leg strength alone, so can deku!!!! Seriously, wasnt he doing that with enri against overhaul while at one for all 100%? But yeah, other powers not so much.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #874

If I recall the basic cover for Black Whip is that he's outputting so much power that it's literally bursting off of him into physical form. As far as everyone is concerned Deku's quirk is not a simple strength boosting one, but one that gives him a physical power aura.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ettin in the Playground

According to the Anime, at least, "Super Power" is a pool of energy that he can use to enhance his physical abilities, either in one limb, or his entire body. Which is really good, since Monoma later confirmed that it was a stockpiling ability. Black Whip is passed off as him extending that energy past outside of his body, and Float can be similarly passed off as another use of that energy.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

Thinking about themes of the latest chapters, especially words of my "Hands" boy Shigaraki

Spoiler: Shigaraki's complaint about the Guardians of Society
    Show

1) Heroes hurt their families to protect Total Strangers
    2) Simultaneously, heroes play pretend with their Endeavors
    3) Yet the heroes force themselves to ignore the things they can not save. Either consciously they justify their actions of the people they can not say, or they unconsciously move their eyes for it is too unbearable to look for it will challenge #1 and #2.
    4) Sweeping this unbearable pain under the rug, sweeping this "dysphoric pain", it causes things to fester and it taints the goodness that they do. Eventually this taint breaks out under the surface and is exposed for the Heroes to see but by then it is too late. The system is seen as not legitimate, that now there are villains trying to tear down the system, and only via force of the heroes can the system reaffirm its sovereignty. It's sovereignty is not built on what is right but instead on force. This sovereignty pretends and plays "Hero" where it is doing what is right and true, but in reality the corruption remains for people are overlooking the true societal problems that repeat again and again.

① At the same time, parallel, there are normal people who will not lift a finger for strangers, since that is the duty and obligation of the Heroes.
    ② Since the normal people will not save others, they have become weak and coddled in the process.
    ③ Likewise since Heroes can't save everyone, and the weak normal people will not save everyone, there is a 3rd group as a minority which are Societies forgotten people, the ignored who are not thriving under this current system.
    ④ The forgotten people will eventually lash out and reject the system and also tear down the system, for they can't thrive under the current status quo. They have a moral obligation to themselves to try to thrive if no one else will take care of them it is their obligation to themselves to try to live a better life even if it means destroying the current status quo for others.

-----

So here is my thoughts even though I just summarized the start of chapter 281 from a few weeks ago.

All Might / Toshinori Yagi well he is gay! Maybe he is not literally gay* in a romantic or attraction sense, but doing a queer reading of this character with no family, no friends, no children is one that makes complete and utter sense. All Might is not hurting his family in order to save the world for he has no relationships besides the job and his successor. [Note I will make the argument that All Might is likely gay based off the past relationships we have seen, but I am dropping this earnest argument to let this flow for it is a kind of a distraction from the main point.]

(That said Toshinori Yagi did put too much pressure on his successor in Season 1 to 3 of the Anime, and the equivalent chapters of the manga which are the first 100 or so.)

I bring this up for All Might is unlike other heroes in Shigaraki's analysis yet Shigaraki hates All Might most of all. #1 does not apply to All Might or barely applies.

Second All Might Successor with Izuku Midoriya / Deku literally addresses #2 and #3. Izuku literally gains the All for One quirk for he could not look away, and he was powerless when he tried to save Bakugou from the Sludge Monster. The powerless person did what the hero cannot. Likewise Izuku says all the time he wants to be a hero and he is trying to model himself on the actions of others, but the reality is Izuku sees actions as hollow and he does not feel heroic, he feels small, and he is just trying to strive and be better than the small person he feels himself to be with his inferiority complex. [Note Izuku is getting better at this, he is tired of letting others people push others around, and also push him around and he is now pushing back and creating healthier relationships because of it.]

All Might is unlike the previous generation bears of All for One that created Shigaraki trauma, and Izuku is even more unlike All Might. In fact Izuku has in common with Shigaraki, for he too was a forgotten person until he leapt into the spotlight for no hero would do the saving, and thus the weak and powerless must make an attempt.

Izuku will not do "disavowal" of the true problems of society that have festered for decades, festered for generations.

-----

So if Shigaraki is the villain protagonist of the series, what then will he do with Izuku when the whole actions of Izuku are counter to this moral claims that he made in chapter 281, those two parallel claims 1 to 4?

How Shigaraki responds and will adapt to this new information, this new tension, will change how we the audience see the hand boy of decay.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    According to the Anime, at least, "Super Power" is a pool of energy that he can use to enhance his physical abilities, either in one limb, or his entire body. Which is really good, since Monoma later confirmed that it was a stockpiling ability. Black Whip is passed off as him extending that energy past outside of his body, and Float can be similarly passed off as another use of that energy.
    Izuku claims he is really merely a wizard with his stockpile of energy, his "mana."

He is just learning new techniques that are applications of mana in new and unique ways

He has been doing physical augmentation with his quirk for years and now he is learning external manipulation techniques with Float and Black Whip.

8. - Top - End - #878

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Thinking about themes of the latest chapters, especially words of my "Hands" boy Shigaraki

Spoiler: Shigaraki's complaint about the Guardians of Society
    Show

1) Heroes hurt their families to protect Total Strangers
    2) Simultaneously, heroes play pretend with their Endeavors
    3) Yet the heroes force themselves to ignore the things they can not save. Either consciously they justify their actions of the people they can not say, or they unconsciously move their eyes for it is too unbearable to look for it will challenge #1 and #2.
    4) Sweeping this unbearable pain under the rug, sweeping this "dysphoric pain", it causes things to fester and it taints the goodness that they do. Eventually this taint breaks out under the surface and is exposed for the Heroes to see but by then it is too late. The system is seen as not legitimate, that now there are villains trying to tear down the system, and only via force of the heroes can the system reaffirm its sovereignty. It's sovereignty is not built on what is right but instead on force. This sovereignty pretends and plays "Hero" where it is doing what is right and true, but in reality the corruption remains for people are overlooking the true societal problems that repeat again and again.

① At the same time, parallel, there are normal people who will not lift a finger for strangers, since that is the duty and obligation of the Heroes.
    ② Since the normal people will not save others, they have become weak and coddled in the process.
    ③ Likewise since Heroes can't save everyone, and the weak normal people will not save everyone, there is a 3rd group as a minority which are Societies forgotten people, the ignored who are not thriving under this current system.
    ④ The forgotten people will eventually lash out and reject the system and also tear down the system, for they can't thrive under the current status quo. They have a moral obligation to themselves to try to thrive if no one else will take care of them it is their obligation to themselves to try to live a better life even if it means destroying the current status quo for others.

-----

So here is my thoughts even though I just summarized the start of chapter 281 from a few weeks ago.

All Might / Toshinori Yagi well he is gay! Maybe he is not literally gay* in a romantic or attraction sense, but doing a queer reading of this character with no family, no friends, no children is one that makes complete and utter sense. All Might is not hurting his family in order to save the world for he has no relationships besides the job and his successor. [Note I will make the argument that All Might is likely gay based off the past relationships we have seen, but I am dropping this earnest argument to let this flow for it is a kind of a distraction from the main point.]

(That said Toshinori Yagi did put too much pressure on his successor in Season 1 to 3 of the Anime, and the equivalent chapters of the manga which are the first 100 or so.)

I bring this up for All Might is unlike other heroes in Shigaraki's analysis yet Shigaraki hates All Might most of all. #1 does not apply to All Might or barely applies.

Second All Might Successor with Izuku Midoriya / Deku literally addresses #2 and #3. Izuku literally gains the All for One quirk for he could not look away, and he was powerless when he tried to save Bakugou from the Sludge Monster. The powerless person did what the hero cannot. Likewise Izuku says all the time he wants to be a hero and he is trying to model himself on the actions of others, but the reality is Izuku sees actions as hollow and he does not feel heroic, he feels small, and he is just trying to strive and be better than the small person he feels himself to be with his inferiority complex. [Note Izuku is getting better at this, he is tired of letting others people push others around, and also push him around and he is now pushing back and creating healthier relationships because of it.]

All Might is unlike the previous generation bears of All for One that created Shigaraki trauma, and Izuku is even more unlike All Might. In fact Izuku has in common with Shigaraki, for he too was a forgotten person until he leapt into the spotlight for no hero would do the saving, and thus the weak and powerless must make an attempt.

Izuku will not do "disavowal" of the true problems of society that have festered for decades, festered for generations.

-----

So if Shigaraki is the villain protagonist of the series, what then will he do with Izuku when the whole actions of Izuku are counter to this moral claims that he made in chapter 281, those two parallel claims 1 to 4?

How Shigaraki responds and will adapt to this new information, this new tension, will change how we the audience see the hand boy of decay.
    That sounds a lot like your standard shonen setup where the protagonist must be the living embodiment of the bad guy being wrong in his beliefs. The bad guy will spend a LOT of time trying to pull a killing joke style setup to prove the hero cant actually contradict his stance, and its up to the hero to find a way to make it happen. Its a different stance which gives it a unique angle to work with, but the basic setup is fairly standard. They are basically the same person, but one gave in to despair and has to believe that he made the right choice, while the hero refused to surrender to despair and has to be strong enough inside to deal with the potential pain his path will lead to.

Naruto for example dealt with that with... well most of his opponents, from neji talking about how a seal ensures you have no choice in your fate, to sasuke and his rejection of bonds, to pain and his methods for peace, to obito and his desire to live in a dream instead of reality. Probably could toss in a fair few others as his entire thing was inspiring everyone he meets to be better. Each time he had to stand there and listen to them rant about how naruto is an idiot for not giving in like they did and trying to prove him wrong so they dont have to admit they made the wrong choice themselves. And then he punches them in the face and they become best friends. (I dont think that part is likely in mha)

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #879
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

New chapter of Vigilantes!

Spoiler
    Show
    So it looks like we've got a minor arc left for Koichi vs #6/2o'clock. Doesn't seem like they're going to end it on just a cliffhanger, but with our boy taking down 2o'clock in a real fight. It's cool to see how Soga has grown since the beginning of the series, becoming a disciple of Knuckleduster and the cynical "batman" to Koichi's hopeful "superman". Or the Aizawa to his All Might

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds a lot like your standard shonen setup where the protagonist must be the living embodiment of the bad guy being wrong in his beliefs. The bad guy will spend a LOT of time trying to pull a killing joke style setup to prove the hero cant actually contradict his stance, and its up to the hero to find a way to make it happen. Its a different stance which gives it a unique angle to work with, but the basic setup is fairly standard. They are basically the same person, but one gave in to despair and has to believe that he made the right choice, while the hero refused to surrender to despair and has to be strong enough inside to deal with the potential pain his path will lead to.

Naruto for example dealt with that with... well most of his opponents, from neji talking about how a seal ensures you have no choice in your fate, to sasuke and his rejection of bonds, to pain and his methods for peace, to obito and his desire to live in a dream instead of reality. Probably could toss in a fair few others as his entire thing was inspiring everyone he meets to be better. Each time he had to stand there and listen to them rant about how naruto is an idiot for not giving in like they did and trying to prove him wrong so they dont have to admit they made the wrong choice themselves. And then he punches them in the face and they become best friends. (I dont think that part is likely in mha)
    There are dozens of reasons why this occurs, but instead of giving a holistic long answer lets give the pithy answer.

It allows you to use flashback, and flashbacks with manga / anime are one of the type of stories where the flashback does not ruined the tension and you can use it sparsely or for way too long*. Other mediums of storytelling it is hard to do a flashback and not have the flashback be so exhausting.

*That said I am so tired of that damn swing in Naruto, and Bleach's Turn Back the Pendulum was 9 chapters and that was probably too long by 2 or 3 chapters. Sure you have to set up Kisuke and you have to do the scene of the crime, but doing cameos / further backstory to every single Visored means you got lost in too many scenes for the flashback. (Save some of those Visored scenes for key moments of tension or success where they get to succeed in the upcoming WAR!)

But yeah that was me skipping all the other reasons this happens.

11. - Top - End - #881

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    New chapter of Vigilantes!

Spoiler
    Show
    So it looks like we've got a minor arc left for Koichi vs #6/2o'clock. Doesn't seem like they're going to end it on just a cliffhanger, but with our boy taking down 2o'clock in a real fight. It's cool to see how Soga has grown since the beginning of the series, becoming a disciple of Knuckleduster and the cynical "batman" to Koichi's hopeful "superman". Or the Aizawa to his All Might
    There's somehow not a lot of stuff for me to say here, beyond just the fact that... man, Vigilantes is just really good. I love it.

12. - Top - End - #882

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    There's somehow not a lot of stuff for me to say here, beyond just the fact that... man, Vigilantes is just really good. I love it.
    Oh definitely. It's sad to know it's coming to its close, but I've had a lot of fun with it. Hopefully we'll get an anime adaptation soon

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground

Still find it hard to believe that America was where quirk control laws began. Like, I guess it's possible, and then a bunch og countries were quick to mimic it and tighten the belt, as it were, but I feel like the American public would be too vocal about how restricted everything is, and things would be a bit looser over on this side.

14. - Top - End - #884

Still find it hard to believe that America was where quirk control laws began. Like, I guess it's possible, and then a bunch og countries were quick to mimic it and tighten the belt, as it were, but I feel like the American public would be too vocal about how restricted everything is, and things would be a bit looser over on this side.
    The thing is My Hero's universe kind of literally runs on comic book logic. As in, people are aware of super hero comics. So the people in America who are started up this heroism business are likely those who grew up with comic books, and the way the world takes it is "it's like a comic book come to life". So them ending up... for lack of a better term tricked into accepting and regulating it at least enough for things to not get destroyed makes sense.

15. - Top - End - #885

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    There are dozens of reasons why this occurs, but instead of giving a holistic long answer lets give the pithy answer.

It allows you to use flashback, and flashbacks with manga / anime are one of the type of stories where the flashback does not ruined the tension and you can use it sparsely or for way too long*. Other mediums of storytelling it is hard to do a flashback and not have the flashback be so exhausting.

*That said I am so tired of that damn swing in Naruto, and Bleach's Turn Back the Pendulum was 9 chapters and that was probably too long by 2 or 3 chapters. Sure you have to set up Kisuke and you have to do the scene of the crime, but doing cameos / further backstory to every single Visored means you got lost in too many scenes for the flashback. (Save some of those Visored scenes for key moments of tension or success where they get to succeed in the upcoming WAR!)

But yeah that was me skipping all the other reasons this happens.
    Yeah, that swing needs to burn. We get it, his life was depressing, if we dont know narutos backstory by the time he is using therapy no jutsu on obito, we are never going to remember it, we dont need to see the swing like FIVE FREAKING TIMES before obito gives in to the inevitable.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

The Naruto swing was probably more narratively important than at least half the show's female cast.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope it is totally understandable. Can't talk about specifics with America for even if I do not break any specific rules, the conversation later on would head into that direction. Explaining specifics with history breaks the forum rules after all. Disbelief does not.

18. - Top - End - #888

The Naruto swing was probably more narratively important than at least half the show's female cast.
    TORA was more narratively important than most of the female cast of naruto. Im still salty over how the filler arcs did more character development than the actual story did. And I will never, EVER let go of the moment during the war when we had team 7 reunited and sakura has her little inner monologue after decking a giant monster across the battlefield about how tired she is of watching her teammates backs as they move forward and now its her turn.... then she stays back to heal everyone while naruto and sasuke move forward. I know that tactically speaking it was by far her best option to heal the entire army at once and all, but god that was cringe. I was looking forward to a true neo sanin group battle with naruto going high, sasuke going low, and sakura melting all in her path. but nope, time for her to go back off screen except for the random reaction shots when every character gets their stock photo gasp expression over something cool naruto/sasuke did. He really did a terrible job with like 90% of the female cast of the series.

19. - Top - End - #889

You remember how they only beat Kaguya becuase of Sakura, right?

The first couple times they tried to seal her Kaguya escaped. If Sakura hadn't attacked Kaguya at the same time Naruto and Sasuke went in for the seal they never would have beaten her.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #890

You remember how they only beat Kaguya becuase of Sakura, right?

The first couple times they tried to seal her Kaguya escaped. If Sakura hadn't attacked Kaguya at the same time Naruto and Sasuke went in for the seal they never would have beaten her.
    Thank god they had someone with a fist there. Seriously,

Naruto: uses shadow clone hijinx to get himself and sasuke into position
    Sasuke: uses his fancy special unique eye powers to get the timing down perfect
    Sakura: "I CAST FIST!" (sorry, Overlord meme reference)

Almost makes up for her passing out earlier due to reverse harem jutsu.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Thank god they had someone with a fist there. Seriously,

Naruto: uses shadow clone hijinx to get himself and sasuke into position
    Sasuke: uses his fancy special unique eye powers to get the timing down perfect
    Sakura: "I CAST FIST!" (sorry, Overlord meme reference)

Almost makes up for her passing out earlier due to reverse harem jutsu.
    The sad thing is, Rock Lee could've probably contributed the same amount to this fight but better since he can use the Gates. Heck Tsunade could pretty much do all the same things as Sakura and its not clear what area Sakura surpasses her, so it might as well be Tsunade helping them. The sad thing about that? is that Tsunade is an objectively better character and more popular than Sakura, and if she had been at the final fight rather than Sakura, I'm pretty sure a good amount of the fandom's reaction would be "GOOD" no matter how little sense it would make.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-09-12 at 03:45 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #892

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The sad thing is, Rock Lee could've probably contributed the same amount to this fight but better since he can use the Gates. Heck Tsunade could pretty much do all the same things as Sakura and its not clear what area Sakura surpasses her, so it might as well be Tsunade helping them. The sad thing about that? is that Tsunade is an objectively better character and more popular than Sakura, and if she had been at the final fight rather than Sakura, I'm pretty sure a good amount of the fandom's reaction would be "GOOD" no matter how little sense it would make.
    I mean, the point was supposed to be they are the next generation of sanin but better. But sakura is the only one really following that path as sasuke basically has the snake contract from orochi and thats about it, while naruto has a few jiraya techniques but his own unique style. But sakura went for full tsunade 2.0 mode. Which honestly is probably another indictment of the female characters as he couldnt even be bothered to write a unique skill set for sakura to pickup, even if based on tsunade's. Her only moment of surpassing tsunade was MAYBE when she cured kanukuro from sasoris poison and even thats pushing it. But yeah, nothing she did against kaguya was sakura specific. Heck, kakashi was there, he could have punched her in the head, then they wake up sakura from her perverted boy love harem fantasies and get out of there. Standard team seven mission all the way.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, the point was supposed to be they are the next generation of sanin but better. But sakura is the only one really following that path as sasuke basically has the snake contract from orochi and thats about it, while naruto has a few jiraya techniques but his own unique style. But sakura went for full tsunade 2.0 mode. Which honestly is probably another indictment of the female characters as he couldnt even be bothered to write a unique skill set for sakura to pickup, even if based on tsunade's. Her only moment of surpassing tsunade was MAYBE when she cured kanukuro from sasoris poison and even thats pushing it. But yeah, nothing she did against kaguya was sakura specific. Heck, kakashi was there, he could have punched her in the head, then they wake up sakura from her perverted boy love harem fantasies and get out of there. Standard team seven mission all the way.
    It was a horrible arc, but the Shin Uchihia arc did more to show Sakura versatility than the Great War did (and this was no great moment for Sakura if we compare her to other characters.) All Sakura is a psionic vitalist, a power point battery and healer who could use those psionic techniques with explosive punches.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

I know, thats why Sakura is kind of a failure in that regard. if she is supposed to surpass Tsunade but she is nothing but a second Tsunade...well it kind of speaks to how badly she got shafted. it doesn't help that Tsunade is a better written character even if she has a similar problem of being kind put into the female medic stereotype. Sakura is just "I lurves Sasuke no matter how much he ignores me, knocks me out, stabs me, leaves me for a creepy immoral snake scientist, becomes a crazy person intent on getting his revenge on me and the rest of the village/becoming a fear wielding dictator, then leaves me to find creepy pale men to spy on while I raise his child."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #895

OrcBarbarianGuy

Not to be that guy, but there is a Naruto thread if you want to talk about Naruto

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Not to be that guy, but there is a Naruto thread if you want to talk about Naruto
    One for All the Quirk means Izuku / Deku is powered up by the Remnants of Naruto and that damn swing

27. - Top - End - #897

Naruto is actually post MHA when Izuku breaks the world. Kaguya is his daughter and heir to OfA.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

28. - Top - End - #898

OrcBarbarianGuy

Finally, a new chapter!!

Spoiler
    Show

And boy did not much happen!

Deku is landing some solid hits, but considering how Shiggy was able to tank the damage that Endeavor put on him without hyper-regeneration, I'm not convinced it'll stick. Not to mention Gigantomachia is still on his way and Deku is probably wrecking himself just to keep up in this fight.

As for the mystery of the 4th user... Please, Horikoshi-sensei... Have mercy... We already have enough mysteries like Dabi's true identity or the identity of the traitor which haven't been revealed yet...

I'm honestly not sure what the mystery of the 4th user could be... Was he a villain? Is he still alive? Did One for All cripple him or make his Quirk go haywire? What was his quirk? So many questions.

I did really like though that they included Cero, Uraraka, and Tsu in the training process so he could master blackwhip and float. It makes sense to rely on them for experience and it adds depth to the inter-class relationships. Just wish we weren't flashing back in the middle of the battle, it kills the pacing.

Last edited by Julian84; 2020-09-18 at 12:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #899

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think it kills the pacing much, because this is showing some of the effort Deku put into things while also pointing towards... something in the future, probably. My guess based on the words All Might said is that the Fourth was someone who was corrupt, but not evil. They wanted the power for heroic reasons but those heroic reasons were twisted in some way. We'll find.

Importantly, soft and good Bakugo moment where we see him acknowledge he was bad to Deku and that this is the best he can manage to atone and do right by his friend. Poor Bakugo, you'll get there eventually.

30. - Top - End - #900

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think it kills the pacing much, because this is showing some of the effort Deku put into things while also pointing towards... something in the future, probably. My guess based on the words All Might said is that the Fourth was someone who was corrupt, but not evil. They wanted the power for heroic reasons but those heroic reasons were twisted in some way. We'll find.

Importantly, soft and good Bakugo moment where we see him acknowledge he was bad to Deku and that this is the best he can manage to atone and do right by his friend. Poor Bakugo, you'll get there eventually.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm betting that the 4th was probably not quite as heroic as he could have been, like you said.

It was nice to see Bakugo actually softening and showing recognition of his prior actions being bad and remorse for them. Hopefully this trend of actual character growth continues.