New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Yet more reason why Mineta's continued attendance at UA is bad writing. For all he's done" has yet to even be threatened with detention.
    Yeah, if this was a normal japanese school his high grades would explain why doesn't get punished, but at UA? nah. top school in the world for something is what foreigners would kill to get into, a guy like Mineta is something that causes the social medias to get furious even if the teachers turn a blind eye, and you can't tell me the kids at UA don't have smart phones- unless top colleges are strict about that sort of thing....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, if this was a normal japanese school his high grades would explain why doesn't get punished, but at UA? nah. top school in the world for something is what foreigners would kill to get into, a guy like Mineta is something that causes the social medias to get furious even if the teachers turn a blind eye, and you can't tell me the kids at UA don't have smart phones- unless top colleges are strict about that sort of thing....
    You're assuming UA is particularly open to having foreigners attend unless they are VERY exceptional and even then..there's ones in their own country they could attend. Besides, its not just teachers turning a blind eye, what Mineta does is creepy by our standards but in Japan/anime? You've seen the girl's reactions, beat him up and move on without anymore thought to it.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-he...40?action=read

Yet more reason why Mineta's continued attendance at UA is bad writing. For all he's done" has yet to even be threatened with detention.
    Yes. I understand why he is in the story from a narrative standpoint, but I think the narrative shortcuts are not worth it for it destroys the worldbuilding. It is cringe that is not funny and breaks the flow of the scenes he is in.

At least let Mineta get better inside the story, what is been 9 months or so in the series? That is enough time for a teen to change their behavior and get a little maturity.

[Pivots] Classes start in April, it is now Christmas. It seems like we are going to get an event 4 months from now aka the start of the Year 2 in April.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    And yet, the threat of expulsion often comes up in school-based anime for the Heroes...
    To be fair a lot of mangaka are really uncreative and basically just want to play it up to the 11th degree for cheap drama while also having to make 30 pages a week. After all if it's a super srs school where rando extras can get expelled this ups the stakes even though we never, ever actually see a named character get expelled.

That's why I stopped reading Shuukan Shonen Hachi. They play this trope up to an absurd degree from the first chapter, point out that the teachers doing this aren't actually good teachers, have a huge media circus when it comes out how bad the classes actually are, have parents threaten to pull students, then like a chapter later everyone throws up their hands and goes "eh" and the whole thing progresses as normal and the author basically admits nobody important is actually going to get expelled even though the teachers keep trying to play tough. Needless to say most of the audience did as well, his work was promptly cancelled within a year of first release, and an author who previously worked on a long running series that got an anime has suddenly vanished from publication.

It wasn't really his fault though. Mangaka can and do try more original stuff and meet the same fate and the audience to a large degree wants boilerplate stories. My Hero Academia and Black Clover are basically the same story in the same magazine in the same year but both their creators tried to do more original works and failed and then went back to the drawing board to make something they knew would work. The audience wants to see plucky young bucks try to buck the system. It just wants to see it in a way that's vaguely consistent. Which means that the story can never under any circumstances actually try to address the system itself in a way that would challenge a status quo it can't fundamentally alter without changing itself beyond recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    My Hero Academia and Black Clover are basically the same story in the same magazine in the same year but both their creators tried to do more original works and failed and then went back to the drawing board to make something they knew would work. The audience wants to see plucky young bucks try to buck the system. It just wants to see it in a way that's vaguely consistent. Which means that the story can never under any circumstances actually try to address the system itself in a way that would challenge a status quo it can't fundamentally alter without changing itself beyond recognition.
    This is the most wrong I've ever seen you be about basically anything.

Anyway thte new chapter rules. Love the decayed butterfly aesthetic of that imagery.

6. - Top - End - #216

Do you think that All for One ever thinks back and regrets not holding onto that power stockpiling Quirk? That he didn't give his brother something else?

Since he couldn't take it back once he gave it away and it eventually became the most powerful quirk there was?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

I dont think he regret giving it away because it became powerful.
    On its own it were completely useless.
    He might have regreted it because it ended becomming the tool to crush his own dream.

Else, kinda nice to see Endevor in action. I do think the current #1 spot is deserved.
    And its also interesting to see his own character develop due to getting the #1 spot.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

8. - Top - End - #218

Do you think that All for One ever thinks back and regrets not holding onto that power stockpiling Quirk? That he didn't give his brother something else?

Since he couldn't take it back once he gave it away and it eventually became the most powerful quirk there was?
    I genuinely believe the only thing he regrets is not working harder to make his brother understand his goals.

Anyway yeah, new chapter! It's a good one!
    Spoiler
    Show

I really like how Deku manages to explain his power, but still has some obvious "tells" that he could explain, but smarter people could latch onto as clear evidence of something being up with this. I also like that as far as the rest of the world is concerned, Deku's power is that he's got super strength that is so powerful it can manifest in raw tentacles of power, and that's cool. I also like how Endeavor makes a note of how Deku is "like us", which is almost certainly him talking about his own weakness with overheating. Seeing the softer side of Endeavor, to explain (if not justify, obviously) how he became who he is is nice.

Bakugo saying he's here to learn what he can't do is so extremely a Bakugo thing for him to do, and I love it. It's such a genuine moment from him, I can't wait to see people who needlessly hate him for no reason to give dumb ****ing opinions on it.

Todoroki is also really good but there's not much to say, this is what we knew he was doing since he said "nice scar" to Endeavor and just slurped up his ramen while making direct eye contact. Shota's a ****ing behemoth of giving no ****s and it rules.

9. - Top - End - #219

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, that works for covering up Black Whip... But he's inevitably going to get a third quirk.

How are they gonna explain him suddenly...

I don't know, wings? projectile vomiting acid? Regenerating?

I have no idea what the other previous holder's quirks are but I'll eat my hat if all of them can be explained as "super strength that can't be contained in his body."

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, that works for covering up Black Whip... But he's inevitably going to get a third quirk.

How are they gonna explain him suddenly...

I don't know, wings? projectile vomiting acid? Regenerating?

I have no idea what the other previous holder's quirks are but I'll eat my hat if all of them can be explained as "super strength that can't be contained in his body."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think eventually he's going to settle for "I am literally the only person in Japan who has manifested a quirk despite having all my toe joints, and I also probably hold the record for latest chronological manifestation of an emitter quirk in the first place. I'm already enough of an anomaly, so i guess this is happening too?"

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

12. - Top - End - #222

Spoiler
    Show
    I think eventually he's going to settle for "I am literally the only person in Japan who has manifested a quirk despite having all my toe joints, and I also probably hold the record for latest chronological manifestation of an emitter quirk in the first place. I'm already enough of an anomaly, so i guess this is happening too?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boy Who Constantly Breaks Bones says "this may as well be happening" in response to anything weird in his life is... 100% acceptable. I love this.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Odd question, what have we actually been told in direct terms about Endeavor and his abuse towards his family? Because I got the implication he was supremely neglectful, emotionally distant, and an all around demanding taskmaster to his family and that’s certainly bad enough. I’m not looking to downplay that. But various conversations I see around the internet seem to take for granted he was also a wife beater and probable rapist and I just don’t see that in the text. Am I missing something in an FAQ or a word of god thing somewhere?
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Odd question, what have we actually been told in direct terms about Endeavor and his abuse towards his family? Because I got the implication he was supremely neglectful, emotionally distant, and an all around demanding taskmaster to his family and that’s certainly bad enough. I’m not looking to downplay that. But various conversations I see around the internet seem to take for granted he was also a wife beater and probable rapist and I just don’t see that in the text. Am I missing something in an FAQ or a word of god thing somewhere?
    Shoto's flashback during the Sports Festival. Endeavor hit his four-year-old son hard enough that he puked. Rei tells him to stop, because Shoto is only 4, Endeavor replies "he's already four" and we hear a blow landing.

Also the way Shoto worded things could mean that Endeavor paid off Rei's family to allow him to marry her but it could also mean that he was rich enough that they quickly approved of tge union. Whatever it was I can see people interpreting it to mean that Rei didn't really want to marry him or be in a relationship with him at all but the family pressured her into it. Doesn't gel too much with Rei's own words but it's a distinct possibility.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2019-10-20 at 09:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boy Who Constantly Breaks Bones says "this may as well be happening" in response to anything weird in his life is... 100% acceptable. I love this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, yeah, I supposed that would be something he could do...

But how long are people gonna buy it?

I mean, a late bloomer whose Quirk had a previously hidden aspect can only work so many times before people call bull, and with each additional power he develops, it's gonna get harder and harder to stretch "super strength" to cover them all.

What if a previous user had a mutation type-quirk? Two of the previous users have only been shown as silhouettes, so it's possible. How's he gonna explain that?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Cribati already answered most of it, but concerning the allegations of sexual assault... given the arranged nature of their marriage, the fact that she very much definitely probably doesn't love him in any real sense, and the fact that they have four kids that are all within years of each other age wise... there is an IMPLICATION that he did not really give her time to rest before trying to create the perfect child. Also the fact that he was practicing eugenics at all is a big no-no for people.

I personally feel that Endeavor is genuinely trying to do better about his mistakes, but I get why others are having a hard time being okay with it. But they're not sugarcoating it, everyone up to and including the actual woman abused have said they probably will never forgive him for doing this. They'll accept he's grown and become better, and will accept him as family, but won't ever really truly forgive him. And the series presents that as okay.

Spoiler
    Show

I mean, a late bloomer whose Quirk had a previously hidden aspect can only work so many times before people call bull, and with each additional power he develops, it's gonna get harder and harder to stretch "super strength" to cover them all.

What if a previous user had a mutation type-quirk? Two of the previous users have only been shown as silhouettes, so it's possible. How's he gonna explain that?
    We'll see when we get there.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    He... Wouldn't (in this hypothetical scenario). He'd just play dumb about the whole thing. Something like "I'm literally an anomaly as far as all this quirk stuff is concerned. Your guess as to what is actually happening is as good as mine."

Of course, we have to consider that All Might is researching previos holders of One for All, and if he can get that information, so can most anyone else. If it turns out that one of the holders was a popular enough hero in their day, someone might make a connection.

18. - Top - End - #228

Spoiler
    Show
    He... Wouldn't (in this hypothetical scenario). He'd just play dumb about the whole thing. Something like "I'm literally an anomaly as far as all this quirk stuff is concerned. Your guess as to what is actually happening is as good as mine."

Of course, we have to consider that All Might is researching previous holders of One for All, and if he can get that information, so can most anyone else. If it turns out that one of the holders was a popular enough hero in their day, someone might make a connection.
    Spoiler
    Show
    People are eventually going to draw conclusions that may be Deku doesn't want drawn if he doesn't have an explanation. Shrugging his shoulders and playing dumb won't stop people from drawing comparisons to All For One. Or wanting medical tests done to see what makes him tick.

Especially if he develops something that he can't stretch out into being an application of Super strength.

I mean, the current system exists to maintain the status quo. Ifhe claims to be an anomaly or something new than "so-called quirkless can spontaneously develop multiple high-level quirks" is going to scare the powers that be.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, the current system exists to maintain the status quo. Ifhe claims to be an anomaly or something new than "so-called quirkless can spontaneously develop multiple high-level quirks" is going to scare the powers that be.
    No they are not going to give a rats arse about it. Why should they? that doesnt affect anything.
    We already got people like Todoroki who hold a pair of high level quirks. One more is just more competition for the number 1 spot.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    No they are not going to give a rats arse about it. Why should they? that doesnt affect anything.
    We already got people like Todoroki who hold a pair of high level quirks. One more is just more competition for the number 1 spot.
    From an in universe perspective, the tabloids would be all over this. Todoroki has an explanation, his dad is a fire quirk user and while he's gone through great lengths to hide it, I'm sure the idea of "Endeavor cannot go for too long or he'll burn out" is one of those unstated things people just know due to other fire quirk users having that same issue. So when tehy look at Todoroki it's one of those clear "ah, Endeavor did quirk mixing on purpose to make a stronger son", though depending on the quality of said tabloid it'll be either good coverage about how strong Shoto is or (right and true) rumours about Endeavor being a lowkey eugenicist.

So yeah. Deku shows up and he's got all this powers, which are only slightly related? A quick bit of snooping and they'll find out his mom has gravity powers and his dad breaths fire, and literally none of those are what he can do. And he developed his quirk at a rather old age, and even has the longer toes! Clearly something is Fishy. They'd eat this up like crazy, people in the real world eat up "I coughed mid sentence" like it's a sign of brain cancer for christ sake.

21. - Top - End - #231

Honestly, claiming that he has a mutation/transformation type quirk that causes him to adapt random, useful but hard to control abilities bt only if/when h really needs them would be a better cover.

Claim it's a rare mutation, unique to him?

Have Almight claim that he also had the vestigial pinky-toe joint(true) in casual but overhearable conversation, maybe make people think it's a 99.999999999999999% overlap thing rather than a "one for sure means the other" thing?(A lie)

Since I'm not 100% up to date: Is there a reason why One For All is kept a secret?

Because I can't see "a quirk that is passed on between worthy successors allowing each successive generation's symbol of hope to be even stronger than the last" possibly harming people's faith in heroes. If anything, I could see it being reassuring: Even if the hero falls, there will be another.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, right now the only bad guy who we are 100% certain knows about Izuku's status as the current holder of One for All is All for One himself. It's reasonably likely that the Doctor either 1) suspects Izuku because he already knows that One for All exists in the first place and figures that the kid with the obnoxiously powerful enhancement quirk that keeps getting mixed up with their organization isn't a coincidence, or 2) has been informed by All for One directly, but we can't be sure.

Now imagine if it becomes common knowledge that All Might passed this ludicrously powerful quirk to an at-the-time-quirkless teenager who can't even bring out a third of All Might's power without putting himself in the hospital. And all the villains knew it. Every gang. Every lone wolf. Every bottom of every barrel.

They'd practically have to put Deku in a vault until he's got perfect control if they want him alive.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

From an in universe perspective, the tabloids would be all over this. Todoroki has an explanation, his dad is a fire quirk user and while he's gone through great lengths to hide it, I'm sure the idea of "Endeavor cannot go for too long or he'll burn out" is one of those unstated things people just know due to other fire quirk users having that same issue. So when tehy look at Todoroki it's one of those clear "ah, Endeavor did quirk mixing on purpose to make a stronger son", though depending on the quality of said tabloid it'll be either good coverage about how strong Shoto is or (right and true) rumours about Endeavor being a lowkey eugenicist.

So yeah. Deku shows up and he's got all this powers, which are only slightly related? A quick bit of snooping and they'll find out his mom has gravity powers and his dad breaths fire, and literally none of those are what he can do. And he developed his quirk at a rather old age, and even has the longer toes! Clearly something is Fishy. They'd eat this up like crazy, people in the real world eat up "I coughed mid sentence" like it's a sign of brain cancer for christ sake.
    And the "powers that be" isnt going to give a rats arse about what the tabloids write either. Why the heck would they
    If anything, tabloid ramblings are what distractes and pacify the unwashed masses.

They are also going to utterly not care about Deku's heritage.
    So his.. "suposed" parents have gravity powers and fire powers?
    Well thats going to give the tabloids a field day, either presenting countless "quirk experts"
    explaining how those quirks combine to give Deku. Or to speculate on who his real dad is (AM of course).

But noone of importance (besides tabloid owners) will care about it.

24. - Top - End - #234

I was just covering the tabloid aspect of it. It's unquestionably true that if the rag magazines care about it, people with scientific studies will be absolutely drawn to him, since he defies all base understanding of Quirk theory (due to his quirk being unnatural).

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

You gals and guys are over thinking this. If people create a yabloid fuss over Deku what will happen is All Might will do a "Noble Lie" and tell an untruth in order to protect the Quirk Society. We know this for All Might has done this before and our first introduction of All Might weaken form on the tall building with his powers deactivated was All Might explaining the virtue of a Noble Lie.

You see if people start talking about how Deku is weird they do not know the truth or how his quirk opperates they just know he does not follow the normal rules of how quirks opperate. Her comes All Might to the rescue with a modified version of Shoto Todoroki's old theory during the UA Sport's Festivial.

1) Deku is the illegitimate love child of All Might. The truth was hidden for this is the family shame for Izuku is not the son of a firebreather but instead a Milkman.
    2) Deku inherited a storage quirk from All Might for All Might's powers themselves is storage based.
    3) Deku's quirk is also a Random Mutation type and thus no one fully understands it, and his powers are not like his parents for it is a random mutation like Eri and Tomura Shigaraki. The mutation comes from the Mom's lineage (thus Deku's quirk is not like mom's) and it merged with All Might's quirk.
    4) Deku has multiple abilities due to the mutation but they are still all tied to the amplification of power of All Might.
    5) Deku did not gain his abilities till later for the All Might storage factor made Deku a late bloomer, his powers needed to cross a threshold and until them he registered as a normal human including a pinky bone thingee. Furthermore each individual mutation quirk needed to cross a threshold before they manifest.

You see the Noble Lie I outline above works for it is partially the truth, but with a Noble Lie you do not need to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. In fact the whole idea is to mislead and misdirect.

Noble Lies exist due to Plato and half a dozen people afterwards like Leo Strauss for they are about foundations and origins. You tell a lie about where and how you come from for the truth will shock social harmony for it is at the core of social harmony. You see the half a dozen people who write about Noble Lies believe Social Harmony rests on the foundation of trust, and this trust needs proper soil to build higher and to reach for the heavens. There could be no symbol of peace without a proper foundation of trust to rest it on. There could be no Plus Ultra-Further Beyond where we escape our currently earthly limitations and we reach for the stars if the weight of the world could not be supported by the Titan who is holding up the weight of the world, who in turn is holdimg that weight onto a foundation of Earth / Gaia / Trust.

All Might is suppossed to represent Heracules / Hercules the Divine in other people's eyes while Deku / Izuku is going to be Heracules the mortal who surpasses all who came before. What does it matter from where Deku came from? It only matters the things you do, and also if people think they can trust you.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, right now the only bad guy who we are 100% certain knows about Izuku's status as the current holder of One for All is All for One himself. It's reasonably likely that the Doctor either 1) suspects Izuku because he already knows that One for All exists in the first place and figures that the kid with the obnoxiously powerful enhancement quirk that keeps getting mixed up with their organization isn't a coincidence, or 2) has been informed by All for One directly, but we can't be sure.

Now imagine if it becomes common knowledge that All Might passed this ludicrously powerful quirk to an at-the-time-quirkless teenager who can't even bring out a third of All Might's power without putting himself in the hospital. And all the villains knew it. Every gang. Every lone wolf. Every bottom of every barrel.

They'd practically have to put Deku in a vault until he's got perfect control if they want him alive.
    This was my thought as well. It just encourages people to single out and murder the inheritor.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Because I can't see "a quirk that is passed on between worthy successors allowing each successive generation's symbol of hope to be even stronger than the last" possibly harming people's faith in heroes. If anything, I could see it being reassuring: Even if the hero falls, there will be another.
    See, I personally don't find that reassuring. Not the worthy successors part, that's all well and good but for one...each generation has not been a symbol of hope. All Might's predecessor did not seem particularly famous from what I've seen.

But the two big areas of concern I would have is..

1: What if a worthy successor turns out to be not so worthy? Definitely a valid concern, what if Deku's judgement about someone's character is wrong? what if that person's is wrong? What happens if someone figures out how to take One for All from a current successor or tricks them into giving the powers over? Then you have a super-powered tyrant running around.

and

2: What happens if there isn't a successor? It seems incredibly likely that a successor could be killed by a villain before they had a chance to pass on One for All, which means the Symbol of Hope is just gone. Or what happens when the stored power gets too potent? Deku already had to train constantly just to not break his body when using One for All, how many more successors until the power just can't be contained? Then the symbol of Hope is just gone with no explanation.

All Might's cover is important because it tells people aspiring to be heroes that any one of them could be the new Symbol for Hope, not just those who get the one in BILLIONS chance of being chosen as the next successor.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    All Might's cover is important because it tells people aspiring to be heroes that any one of them could be the new Symbol for Hope, not just those who get the one in BILLIONS chance of being chosen as the next successor.
    This is so true, to the point that All Might actually went too far and people were left listless unsure of what to do when he DID fall. The world wasn't actually ready for him to go and everyone knows it.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is so true, to the point that All Might actually went too far and people were left listless unsure of what to do when he DID fall. The world wasn't actually ready for him to go and everyone knows it.
    Exactly. And knowing there was a successor to All Might's role, aside from getting Deku killed most likely, would also severely affects Deku's own development. And if you think there's no chance it would, that is a very sugar-coated world view there.

Specifically in All Might's case...and probably Deku's as well since this is the story about how he became the greatest hero, knowing its a trait passed over would be more hindrance than boon.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2019-10-21 at 04:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

Anyway... So, since Deku is the one who will "complete" One For All, is there a theory about what that means?

Do we think it's just him being able to use previous quirks and talk to previous users, or do we think there's more to it than that?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks