New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XVI: Where the Ordnance is Hand-Delivered!

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Can a wearer of power armor put it on and take it off without assistance?
    Yes. But it may result in either:
    a) Damage to the armour, or
    b) Significant nerve damage to the Marine.

Either way, it's not advised unless the armour is damaged to begin with.

It takes up to 30 minutes and 2-4 Serfs/Servitors to don/remove Power Armour, depending on the Mark and variance (e.g; Terminator Armour is a *****).

I'm curious to know if any canon text or image/video has ever depicted the process.
    Spoiler: Help me, I'm stuck you fools
    Show

Spoiler: Hell, they stole everything else, why not?
    Show
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-08-10 at 12:01 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #92
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XVI: Where the Ordnance is Hand-Delivered!

Also rendered here, though not as completely:

Spoiler: Such a Shame This Got Cancelled
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post

Spoiler: Help me, I'm stuck you fools
    Show

Awesome. Very fitting with the 40k aesthetic. Where everything is technologically advanced but also looks old and requires large amounts of manual labor.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Also rendered here, though not as completely:

Spoiler: Such a Shame This Got Cancelled
    Show
    video cut
    It got canceled??? NO!!!! I know I hadn't heard about an update for a while, but they were always spaced out...
    Last edited by Kesnit; 2019-08-10 at 02:39 PM.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Proud member of the "I Love Anyway" Club

Thank you, Ceika, so much for the avatar!

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    It got canceled??? NO!!!! I know I hadn't heard about an update for a while, but they were always spaced out...
    Yeah, he couldn't keep spending all that time for something for free, and GW wouldn't bankroll it. So instead the trailer he made is basically proof-of-competence for his animation studio.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-08-10 at 02:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I always thought that the first Iron Man movie was also a pretty good example of how a Marine gets dressed, particularly the Mark 1 suit that gets worn when Stark is imprisoned in the cave. He needs Yensen to bolt him into place and an auto-motive crane to lift parts into position/lift him to his feet before the "machine spirit" is fully engaged.

Later on after the mission to Gulmira and in the fight against Iron Monger, the Mark 3 and Mark 4 suits have been shot up and are dented and scarred to the point where the only way to remove them is to cut Stark out of them and further wreck the suit in the process.

Not so much in the later films, when Stark has revised the process down to 30 seconds flat with a fully-automated/semi-AI armoury. The Imperium never made it as far as such luxuriousness, and there is a distinct lack of chanting going on.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #97
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I always thought that the first Iron Man movie was also a pretty good example of how a Marine gets dressed, particularly the Mark 1 suit that gets worn when Stark is imprisoned in the cave. He needs Yensen to bolt him into place and an auto-motive crane to lift parts into position/lift him to his feet before the "machine spirit" is fully engaged.

Later on after the mission to Gulmira and in the fight against Iron Monger, the Mark 3 and Mark 4 suits have been shot up and are dented and scarred to the point where the only way to remove them is to cut Stark out of them and further wreck the suit in the process.

Not so much in the later films, when Stark has revised the process down to 30 seconds flat with a fully-automated/semi-AI armoury. The Imperium never made it as far as such luxuriousness, and there is a distinct lack of chanting going on.
    Isnt current Iron Man more like a Necron, where he is actually in-armor all the time, its just split into nano-pieces below his living metal skin?

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Isnt current Iron Man more like a Necron, where he is actually in-armor all the time, its just split into nano-pieces below his living metal skin?
    In the comics? No idea, that probably changes all the time. As far as the movies, they never really explained where his nano-suit particles hung out when he wasn't "wearing" them.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Looked to me as if that was what he was doing with the big hole in his chest that used to be his arc reactor.

10. - Top - End - #100

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    If it's the same as the comic I'm thinking of (like Glyphstone says, it's changed several times), he has nano-machines which convert molecules of air, sweat, dirt and whatever into metal at an atomic level and 'builds' his armour seemingly from nothing. That's why it looks like it heals itself in some of the fights in Infinity War; as long as he has at least one of the little robots left, they can replicate and then rebuild his armour.

Not 'quite' the same as Necrons' living metal, which is more like the T-1000 from Terminator 2 (as far as I understand it), but Iron Man has probably used THAT as well, at some point. The point is, if the Avengers ended up in the 40k universe, he would be purged for heretek either way, Captain America would fit in among the Cadians but immediately BSoD at the crapsack world he's having to deal with, and Hulk would end up on a Daemon World and fight everything forever until he could eventually punch a hole in the universe.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not 'quite' the same as Necrons' living metal, which is more like the T-1000 from Terminator 2 (as far as I understand it), but Iron Man has probably used THAT as well, at some point.
    He has. It was a combination of liquid metal and the Venom symbiote.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

I just read Spears Of The Emperor - crikey, that's a good book! Up there with Night Lords/Gaunt/Ravenor for me. I definitely recommend it.

13. - Top - End - #103

Griffon

I really enjoyed it too - lots of characters who were all great, but each for very different reasons.

Wasn't a huge fan of the ending, though, where....
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...350 pages into a 400 page book, we find out what the actual bad guy is, how it's almost completely unrelated to the main protagonists and entirely unrelated to the main antagonists, and is disposed of in a handful of pages. Feels a little bit like someone said "we kind of need a fight here to end on" and ADB was like, "fine, but it's going to be super quick and nothing to do with the rest of the book".

That won't stop me from picking up the audiobook version, mind. It didn't spoil the rest of the book at all, just felt a bit... rushed, I guess?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-08-19 at 03:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

I prefer to think of it as a 350pg book with 50 pages of ADB setting himself up for another trilogy.

Is anyone else going to apply for the Black Library submissions this time round? I had the idea of a "Hunt for Glory" where a group of guardsmen witnesses the accidental death of a chaos marine and try to figure out how to take the credit for it, and my friends liked the idea enough I might just try and go ahead with it.

15. - Top - End - #105

Griffon

I hadn't even heard it was running, to be honest. I have lots of ideas for stories, trying to pick one that would be the 'best' would be the hardest part, but I'll probably give it a try to see what happens.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Hey. I recently heard someone theorizing that the Tyranids were actually another race created by the Old Ones used mainly as a fire line to beat back the Necrons by destroying worlds and taking the life away from the world so the C'tan wouldn't have the souls to consume and therefore not go to these planets culled by the Tyranids in favor of other planets that do have life on them, and preferably that direction is away from the Old Ones. That certainly seems like a plausible theroy, but then again, so does the theory of "they are running away from something worse then them". What are your guy's thoughts?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

17. - Top - End - #107

That would require the Old Ones to be multigalactic, which isn't impossible. I'm opposed to the idea, though, because the Old Ones have their fingers in enough pies, and the ones they don't it is implied the Eldar do. They're already directly responsible for the Orks and Eldar, plus some implied tampering with humans, while the Eldar in turn were at one point implied to have tampered with the Tau. That leaves the Tyranids and Chaos as the only major factions the Old Ones aren't the progenitors of besides the Necrons themselves.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hey. I recently heard someone theorizing that the Tyranids were actually another race created by the Old Ones used mainly as a fire line to beat back the Necrons by destroying worlds and taking the life away from the world so the C'tan wouldn't have the souls to consume and therefore not go to these planets culled by the Tyranids in favor of other planets that do have life on them, and preferably that direction is away from the Old Ones. That certainly seems like a plausible theroy, but then again, so does the theory of "they are running away from something worse then them". What are your guy's thoughts?
    Although my headcanon is that the Tyranids are a weapon that's gone horribly right, I'm with Glyphstone on this one. If they'd been created by the Old Ones, it would not have taken them this many millions of years to start showing up in the Milky Way again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Colossus in the Playground

One of their many names was "The Penance of the Elder Gods".

If the original Webway stretched throughout the universe, rather than just the galaxy, then some of the Old Ones could have relocated during the last days of the war against the C'tan, built the tyranids, gotten eaten by them, and then the tyranids could have gone through space slowly rather than via the Webway.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

20. - Top - End - #110

Griffon

At least one of the Old Ones definitely "left" the galaxy, according to Xenology. Khaine was killed, Isha was imprisoned, Cegorach escaped into the webway, and a fourth one "dabbled and prodded" before "disappearing into the Warp to wait and to watch".

One implication of that is that it went away and did something that could well be like building the Tyranids, sending them back to the Milky Way as a final "screw you" to the C'Tan kind of like a scorched earth policy after the war was lost. Whereas lots of the Old Ones died in the War in Heaven and Slaanesh went around killing off the few that were left when it was born, more of them having left the galaxy is plausible.

Xenology is out of print now and generally considered non-canon, but very little of what is in it contradicts current lore, except possibly some of the stuff about the Tau (and even that hasn't been directly explained as anything else). I just like the idea that one day GW will publish a ruleset for Star Gates and we'll meet an entire galaxy of new, suspiciously familiar races to marvel at and then horribly murder.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-10-18 at 05:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Colossus in the Playground

At least one of the Old Ones definitely "left" the galaxy, according to Xenology. Khaine was killed, Isha was imprisoned, Cegorach escaped into the webway, and a fourth one "dabbled and prodded" before "disappearing into the Warp to wait and to watch".
    I thought all that was much later - M30, right before the Great Crusade? Wasn't it the newborn Slaanesh who shattered Khaine into Avatars, before Nurgle captured Isha?
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Well the scenario I was envisioning was the Tyranids are doing what I described, voiding the planets of life and souls so the C'tan gods don't have any. Then Maybe the Necrons did finally manage to corner them and the Tyranids, true to the intended design at avoiding the Necrons, went out into deep space to avoid the Necrons, and then when the old one pillar Astronamicon was sabotaged during the Horus Heresy, the Tyranids were attracted again to the Galaxy as "what they were looking for" or some such. Hell, they could have even made it to the nearest galaxy, had a buffet, and went back out into open space again since the time of the Old ones vs Necrons war, and when they saw the beacon and decided to give good ol' Milky Way a try again for dinner.

I don't know, it sounded like an intriguing idea. It certainly fit the Old Ones deciding to counter the Necrons by efffing up in a similar galactic catastrophic fashion like they did with the Orks.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2019-10-19 at 11:07 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #113

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    I thought all that was much later - M30, right before the Great Crusade? Wasn't it the newborn Slaanesh who shattered Khaine into Avatars, before Nurgle captured Isha?
    The timeline doesn't really make much sense, depending on which mythology you're following. According to the Necrons:

An unspecified number of years before 65million-and-1BC, implied to be millenia: The Necrontyr started a War against the Old Ones and, losing badly, recruit the C'Tan to tip the balance. It went better - and yet far, far worse - than was expected.

Pre-65million-and-1, BC: The War in Heaven ended with the Necron victory. The Old Ones were gone; "scattered and killed" by the C'Tan and their allies. Except for... y'know... Khaine, Cegorach, Isha and Qah who turn up later. They were hiding, or something?

65million BC: The Necrons went into hibernation, the younger races and their warp abilities being anathema to them. Better to sleep and wait for them to kill themselves, than to waste resources fighting them.

30,000AD: Slaanesh was born and it ate the Eldar Gods, who are supposedly the Old Ones - Khaine was killed and shattered into Avatars, Cegorach fled into the webway, Qah was broken into what would become the Enslavers, and Isha is captured by Slaanesh before being "rescued" by Nurgle.

So *either* the Old Ones are dead and gone, or they are the Eldar Gods who get killed by Slaanesh and they were able to hide for 65million years until the opening of the Eye of Terror. Since we know if has to be the latter, it seems reasonable that if the 4 we know about could hide out, there may well be others who hid elsewhere after being "scattered". Again, whether or not you consider Xenology to be a reliable source is key here - I tend to say that it is because it hasn't yet been contradicted, it's just out of print.

Alternatively, the Eldar mythology says that the War in Heaven was what happened when their God Khaine started a civil war with the others

"An eternity" before 65million BC: Isha and Kurnous defy Asuryan and continue to communicate with the Eldar via Runes. As punishment, Asuryan hands them over to Khaine, who tortures them. The other Eldar Gods believe this is too harsh, but only Vaul speaks out publically. He strikes a bargain with Khaine - 100 magnificent swords in exchange for Isha and Kurnous' freedom.

"An eternity" before 65million, minus 1 BC: Vaul is one sword short, and hidea a mortal blade in with his payment. Khaine overlooks it long enough to release Isha and Kurnous, but when he discovers the deception he begins a civil war:: Him and his followers on one side, Vaul, Isha, Kurnous and their supporters on the other.

Approx. 65million BC: Khaine wins the War in Heaven, crippling and enslaving Vaul. The remaining Gods include also Isha, Lileath, Moreg-Hai, Cegorach and Asuryan, who alone remained aloof from the fighting. Qah isn't mentioned, though it could have been one of the other unnamed survivors of the war.

30,000AD: Slaanesh awakens and kills/shatters everyone, as above.

You can see the parallels, but the Necrons say it was Old Ones vs. C'Tan, whereas the Eldar say it was Old Ones vs. Old Ones. So it's been implied that the C'Tan *were* Old Ones, and "C'tan" was just the name of a faction in a civil war, which is why there's confusion as to where the Old Ones "went away" while the C'Tan just went to sleep in hidden places.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-10-19 at 11:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114

My headcanon is that the Eldar Gods are pure-warp entities like the Chaos Gods, patterned after the Eldar's vague memories of the Old Ones who made them. So the warp-attuned but corporeal Old Ones get killed by C'tan; their Warp 'echoes' live on as the Eldar deities until Slaanesh happens.

25. - Top - End - #115

Griffon

My headcanon is that the Eldar Gods are pure-warp entities like the Chaos Gods, patterned after the Eldar's vague memories of the Old Ones who made them. So the warp-attuned but corporeal Old Ones get killed by C'tan; their Warp 'echoes' live on as the Eldar deities until Slaanesh happens.
    We'll never know for certain. It's suggested that the Eldar Gods had physical forms, as Khaine was broken into splinters that became Avatars whereas Qah was similarly broken into what is said to have become Enslavers.... But then, the warp is weird and just because they leave behind physical remains doesn't mean that they were physical beings before they died.

I personally like the idea that the Old Ones and C'Tan were the same race, just different factions. When the War in Heaven ended, that's why there were still "Old Ones" (as a race) around to later get eaten by Slaanesh, even though the "Old Ones" (the faction) had supposedly been driven away or killed. The lost details and confused names are just caused by lost memories, or a mortal's interpretation of what "Gods" were actually doing.

Although, that... does kind of imply that Isha switched sides to join with Khaine at some point, which would be very difficult to explain. Then again, we don't hear much of her husband Kurnous after the beginning of the War, so there might be a story there....

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

I meanwhile dislike the idea that the Old Ones and the C'tan were the same.
    Its to start with opposed by the majority of the information we got from the Necron Codex, on the nature of both of them.
    And i do think the Necrons are likely to be the best informed source, since some of them likely litterally saw events as they unfolded.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

The timeline doesn't really make much sense, depending on which mythology you're following. According to the Necrons:

An unspecified number of years before 65million-and-1BC, implied to be millenia: The Necrontyr started a War against the Old Ones and, losing badly, recruit the C'Tan to tip the balance. It went better - and yet far, far worse - than was expected.

Pre-65million-and-1, BC: The War in Heaven ended with the Necron victory. The Old Ones were gone; "scattered and killed" by the C'Tan and their allies. Except for... y'know... Khaine, Cegorach, Isha and Qah who turn up later. They were hiding, or something?

65million BC: The Necrons went into hibernation, the younger races and their warp abilities being anathema to them. Better to sleep and wait for them to kill themselves, than to waste resources fighting them.

30,000AD: Slaanesh was born and it ate the Eldar Gods, who are supposedly the Old Ones - Khaine was killed and shattered into Avatars, Cegorach fled into the webway, Qah was broken into what would become the Enslavers, and Isha is captured by Slaanesh before being "rescued" by Nurgle.

So *either* the Old Ones are dead and gone, or they are the Eldar Gods who get killed by Slaanesh and they were able to hide for 65million years until the opening of the Eye of Terror. Since we know if has to be the latter, it seems reasonable that if the 4 we know about could hide out, there may well be others who hid elsewhere after being "scattered". Again, whether or not you consider Xenology to be a reliable source is key here - I tend to say that it is because it hasn't yet been contradicted, it's just out of print.

Alternatively, the Eldar mythology says that the War in Heaven was what happened when their God Khaine started a civil war with the others

"An eternity" before 65million BC: Isha and Kurnous defy Asuryan and continue to communicate with the Eldar via Runes. As punishment, Asuryan hands them over to Khaine, who tortures them. The other Eldar Gods believe this is too harsh, but only Vaul speaks out publically. He strikes a bargain with Khaine - 100 magnificent swords in exchange for Isha and Kurnous' freedom.

"An eternity" before 65million, minus 1 BC: Vaul is one sword short, and hidea a mortal blade in with his payment. Khaine overlooks it long enough to release Isha and Kurnous, but when he discovers the deception he begins a civil war:: Him and his followers on one side, Vaul, Isha, Kurnous and their supporters on the other.

Approx. 65million BC: Khaine wins the War in Heaven, crippling and enslaving Vaul. The remaining Gods include also Isha, Lileath, Moreg-Hai, Cegorach and Asuryan, who alone remained aloof from the fighting. Qah isn't mentioned, though it could have been one of the other unnamed survivors of the war.

30,000AD: Slaanesh awakens and kills/shatters everyone, as above.

You can see the parallels, but the Necrons say it was Old Ones vs. C'Tan, whereas the Eldar say it was Old Ones vs. Old Ones. So it's been implied that the C'Tan *were* Old Ones, and "C'tan" was just the name of a faction in a civil war, which is why there's confusion as to where the Old Ones "went away" while the C'Tan just went to sleep in hidden places.
    That's some old Necron fluff. These days the war ended after the Necrons betrayed and destroyed the majority of the C'tan. But betraying the C'tan cost them too much, and the Aeldari were still incredibly powerful. So they went to sleep to avoid being destroyed by the Aeldari, leaving the galaxy in their hands and knowing that they'd eventually fade, as all organic species must.

Is that head-canon? I thought that was straight up canon. The physical forms of the Eldar gods were destroyed by the C'tan, but the Eldar end up creating psychic substitutes without even realizing the difference. There is even an interesting Eldar myth, where the god of war hears a prophecy of how he'll be torn into a thousand pieces by a mortal army, and thus goes on a rampage against the Eldar. After millions are killed, the other gods intervene and create a barrier, dividing them for eternity. Eventually, they are able to reconnect to their gods by using Spirit Stones to talk to them.

Looking at that from another angle, millions of Eldar die in a war (for example, against the Necrons), and at the end of the war, they are permanently divided from one another (the Old Ones being killed by the C'tan). An unknown number of years later, the Eldar reconnect with their gods using Spirit Stones though they can never physically meet again. (a tool used for harnessing the warp)
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

28. - Top - End - #118

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Its to start with opposed by the majority of the information we got from the Necron Codex, on the nature of both of them.
    It opposes the information in Codex Necrons.
    It supports the information in Codex Craftworlds.

Which one is "right"? Are either of them? As with all things 40k, the best one can do is pick your favourite and that's "right".

And i do think the Necrons are likely to be the best informed source, since some of them likely litterally saw events as they unfolded.
    Before or after they were deliberately lied to by the C'Tan, had their souls ripped out, inserted into mindless automatons and their leadership when horrendously insane from 65million years of deathless, waking cryo-sleep?

29. - Top - End - #119

Arguably the only one who's been 'awake' for all that time is Szarekh, who must unquestionably be madder than a box of hats by now. The rest of the Necrons were in stasis; the insanity of people like Nemesor Zahndrekh is a product of machinery malfunctions and corrupted 'source code'. Figures like Imotekh, Obyron, and Trazyn are to all appearances fully sane and functional, to whatever extent soulless machines running on an AI emulation of their biological minds can be.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

I've always been under the impression that the Eldar gods are Warp entities and the Old Ones were corporeal, biological creatures. The Eldar gods might be shaped by a cultural memory of the Old Ones but their personalities and behaviour don't match how the Old Ones are described in any other source (particularly in that they basically just concern themselves with the Eldar and don't give a fig about their other creations).

Psychically active species in the 40K universe create gods. The orks created Gork & Mork and know they're separate entities from the 'Brainboyz' that created the orks. The Eldar created Khaine & co. out of their collective psyche in the same way, they're just more fancy and enigmatic with their mythology. Eldar stories about the War in Heaven being between their gods are because the real War in Heaven happened 65 million years ago, so no first-hand sources can possibly have survived and the vague memory of a massive war between omnipotent beings has been repurposed to tell a story that is meaningful to 'present-day' Eldar (as opposed to being about some alien space frogs that went AWOL in a previous geological epoch).
    Last edited by LCP; 2019-10-19 at 01:38 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X