New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738
Results 1,111 to 1,136 of 1136
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Spoiler: G5 Tales, episode 5, Izzy in a Box
    Show
    I think this episode really gets the humor just right. It was pretty funny with Izzy floating around and being... well, a box. Poor Hitch though. He really tried to have patience with these ponies. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey all just popped in because I realized imgur at some point changed format
    https://imgur.com/a/wYIKKZ9

should work, but if anyone knows how to link an album I can make that link
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #1113

Spoiler: G5 Tales, episode 6, Foal me Once
    Show
    Hitch is a silly pony, and I rather like him for it. He's a pretty fun example of Lawful Good without the stick up his plot. Arresting himself was amusing.

Zipp has won me over as best pony.

I figured out pretty quickly what the animals were up to. Still laughed at the end when Hitch jailed them. Like, dang. XD

The museum pony is totally a ringer for Fluttershy... as an earth pony. Hmm.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Show
    Hitch is a silly pony, and I rather like him for it. He's a pretty fun example of Lawful Good without the stick up his plot. Arresting himself was amusing.

Zipp has won me over as best pony.

I figured out pretty quickly what the animals were up to. Still laughed at the end when Hitch jailed them. Like, dang. XD

The museum pony is totally a ringer for Fluttershy... as an earth pony. Hmm.
    Show
    She's been present in multiple episodes. Her color palette is almost identical to Fluttershy's (the eyes are a little different), so I suspect that just might be a deliberate reference to G4. Anyway, Fluttershy's my favorite G4 pony so I don't mind the reminder.

The episode implies Sprout is no longer Hitch's deputy, I imagine for obvious reasons.

Perhaps one day, Hitch, you'll see the potential of your animal minions and embrace your inner crime lord.

5. - Top - End - #1115

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Show
    She's been present in multiple episodes. Her color palette is almost identical to Fluttershy's (the eyes are a little different), so I suspect that just might be a deliberate reference to G4. Anyway, Fluttershy's my favorite G4 pony so I don't mind the reminder.

The episode implies Sprout is no longer Hitch's deputy, I imagine for obvious reasons.

Perhaps one day, Hitch, you'll see the potential of your animal minions and embrace your inner crime lord.
    Show
    Yeah, and there's also an earthpony with Derpy's color palette. Everyone looks cute as earthpony. XD

I recall seeing something in one of the show promos that implied Sprout was a wanted criminal or something. I guess mama doesn't have the pull to sweep his actions under the rug. Might we see Sprout as a returning antagonist in the show? Maybe!

Haha, it seems like Hitch isn't fully aware that he's an animal whisperer. He could be very powerful if he figured it out!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Show
    Yeah, and there's also an earthpony with Derpy's color palette. Everyone looks cute as earthpony. XD

I recall seeing something in one of the show promos that implied Sprout was a wanted criminal or something. I guess mama doesn't have the pull to sweep his actions under the rug. Might we see Sprout as a returning antagonist in the show? Maybe!

Haha, it seems like Hitch isn't fully aware that he's an animal whisperer. He could be very powerful if he figured it out!
    In a way, I think Fluttershy kind of confuses talk about Earth Pony magic.

So, Pegasi have flying and weather magic.
    Unicorns have magic-magic... spells and telekinesis and the like.
    And Earth Ponies are supposed to have Earth Magic.

Rainbow Dash lines up exactly with Pegasi magic... she pushes clouds around and flies competitively.
    Twilight Sparkle and Rarity work great with Unicorn magic... Rarity doesn't use the deeper mysteries as much as Twilight does, but she's obviously got it.
    Applejack pretty much exemplifies Earth Magic... growing apples.

Then we get Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.
    Pinkie Pie doesn't really DO much magic, though the other Pies seem to really vibe on rocks.
    Fluttershy, though, has an innate ability that looks like Earth magic (animal speech), and she doesn't really do the Pegasi magic that well ("Fluttershy can hardly fly! Fluttershy can hardly fly!"). Which is fine... she's established to be an odd fish in Pegasi circles because of this... but it also, as I said, muddies what that Earth Magic is, or how much "out of type" magic exists.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

7. - Top - End - #1117

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Fluttershy, though, has an innate ability that looks like Earth magic (animal speech), and she doesn't really do the Pegasi magic that well ("Fluttershy can hardly fly! Fluttershy can hardly fly!"). Which is fine... she's established to be an odd fish in Pegasi circles because of this... but it also, as I said, muddies what that Earth Magic is, or how much "out of type" magic exists.
    I remember long ago the original design for Fluttershy was an earthpony, so that adds to your argument. They gave Shy wings, but didn't change her powers.

While I completely adore the G5's resolution to give an earthpony an alicorn transformation power I still wonder if their crystal seems kind of superfluous. Like, no one once mentioned earthpony magic in the movie. Eh, at least it makes for amusing Meme fodder
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #1118

In a way, I think Fluttershy kind of confuses talk about Earth Pony magic.

So, Pegasi have flying and weather magic.
    Unicorns have magic-magic... spells and telekinesis and the like.
    And Earth Ponies are supposed to have Earth Magic.

Rainbow Dash lines up exactly with Pegasi magic... she pushes clouds around and flies competitively.
    Twilight Sparkle and Rarity work great with Unicorn magic... Rarity doesn't use the deeper mysteries as much as Twilight does, but she's obviously got it.
    Applejack pretty much exemplifies Earth Magic... growing apples.

Then we get Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.
    Pinkie Pie doesn't really DO much magic, though the other Pies seem to really vibe on rocks.
    I think the pony type magics are just a matter of the basics. Fluttershy can fly and presumably touch clouds like other pegasi, but having pegasus magic doesn't necessarily translate to being a strong flyer. The way I figure Rainbow Dash is an exceptionally capable flyer not because she's a pegasus, that just gives her the basic ability to fly, but because of her personal cutie mark magic and her more mundane skills. Likewise Rarity clearly has the basic unicorn magic in the form of telekinesis and her gem-finding spell, but she's nowhere near as magically gifted as Twilight who is not only a unicorn but also has magic as her personal cutie mark talent and has devoted much of her time to studying magic.

... but earth pony magic is more vague, yeah. Supposedly they make better farmers (+ other not so clearly defined earth related stuff?), but it's more difficult to explicitly show that. Flying and telekinesis are pretty clear, but how do you show farming magic?

Also, Pinkie Pie sort of does magic all the time? Pinkie-sense and playing 10 instruments at once and general mayhem that's probably good for parties.

9. - Top - End - #1119

... but earth pony magic is more vague, yeah. Supposedly they make better farmers (+ other not so clearly defined earth related stuff?), but it's more difficult to explicitly show that. Flying and telekinesis are pretty clear, but how do you show farming magic?
    TBH, I think Applejack (and all the Apples) show this pretty well. They farm. They farm a lot, they farm well, they have rivalries with other farming families of Earth Ponies. A more overt form would be animal empathy... but while Hitch has it, in G4, it's Fluttershy.

Also, Pinkie Pie sort of does magic all the time? Pinkie-sense and playing 10 instruments at once and general mayhem that's probably good for parties.
    I didn't think about Pinkie-Sense. The rest I just chalked up to meth.

The revelation that Fluttershy may have been designed, originally, to be an Earth Pony gets interesting; I suspect that would mean that Pinkie was originally going to be a pegasus (keeping the 2:2:2 ratio of the Mane Six), but they switched them to keep the Pegasi from being ALL hyperactive.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Colossus in the Playground

TBH, I think Applejack (and all the Apples) show this pretty well. They farm. They farm a lot, they farm well, they have rivalries with other farming families of Earth Ponies. A more overt form would be animal empathy... but while Hitch has it, in G4, it's Fluttershy.

I didn't think about Pinkie-Sense. The rest I just chalked up to meth.

The revelation that Fluttershy may have been designed, originally, to be an Earth Pony gets interesting; I suspect that would mean that Pinkie was originally going to be a pegasus (keeping the 2:2:2 ratio of the Mane Six), but they switched them to keep the Pegasi from being ALL hyperactive.
    Pinkie was originally going to be Surprise.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1121

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Pinkie was originally going to be Surprise.
    I do not know what this means. That was going to be her name?
    The Cranky Gamer

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Surprise
    Show
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #1123

One of the late episodes mentioned that all earthponies have strength as their magic, but that didn't seem consistent either.

Funny enough, I had noticed that a more consistent thing earthponies sometimes do is be able to manipulate objects better with their hooves. There were a few examples of earthponies holding sticks, handles, and food as if they had fingers to do it. It's probably more that the animators just didn't really care to be all that accurate with how hooves work in a kid's show. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Colossus in the Playground

Pegasus from the orignal show.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1125

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Spoiler: Surprise
    Show
    ...I find the boobs-n-butt pose on a pegasus extremely disturbing.
    The Cranky Gamer

16. - Top - End - #1126

It gets worse when you start thinking about boob placement. :V

Spoiler: Senior Butterscotch (MLP5 ep9)
    Show

When Izzy said she missed Bridlewood and other unicorns, I thought she'd actually visit home and maybe we'd get to see what other unicorns are up too. It's the one remaining location we have yet to really get a good look at post unification.

I was so very wrong. XD

Izzy is of course, a silly pony and instead does an arts and craft project to literally make a new unicorn friend. At least she's consistent with the crafting. This episode was alright! It was silly, but didn't go too far. Reactions were what I'd expect. We get to learn of a unicorn holiday, Tuesday! Err, TUES-day.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #1127

It gets worse when you start thinking about boob placement. :V
    I was just glad we weren't subjected to a Frank Cho style butthole, to be honest.
    The Cranky Gamer

18. - Top - End - #1128

Spoiler: Make your mark E1
    Show
    Feels like an ok start for the new series to me. I'm glad to see they're still making good use of the pony ears to express emotions. They kind of forgot the lesson they learned last time that it's not about the crystals, but about the pony tribes being together with their focus on the crystals. Sunny briefly wondered about how the crystals were separated, so maybe they'll delve more into G5 in-universe history at some point. I do appreciate the acknowledgement that 1 magical moment of togetherness is not enough to erase generations of mistrust, though.

Sprout made an appearance in two(?) shots as a background pony! I was beginning to wonder what he was up to, but I guess he's just a normal part of maretime bay now?

Good on you for following your maternal instincts, Hitch! I'm not too sure about the baby dragon so far, though. Spike in G4 worked because he could talk and had agency and antics of his own. I'm hoping the G5 baby dragon will be more than just an adorableness prop because otherwise they wouldn't add anything to the show. I guess we'll see what they'll do with it.

Also, new evil alicorn villain! She does not ring a bell, but I'm not very familiar with G1-3 lore. Anyone recognize her from a previous iteration? Looks like we'll get a fresh new villain.

Looking at it again with a more critical eye and keeping other people's criticisms in mind, I have to admit they do make some good points. Too many different plot points were crammed into about 40 minutes and seeing a crummier version of 3d than was used for the movie I do find myself wondering again why they didn't just go for a 2d art style. The void and sticky hooves also pretty much came out of nowhere and there are times that Maretime Bay just feels empty. I'm still reserving judgement until I've seen more, but I did enjoy myself in spite of this episode's flaws.
    Last edited by Form; 2022-05-27 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Taking a slightly more critical look

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Firbolg in the Playground

Due to a recent cameo in the Chip n Dale movie, we can see exactly how little the ponies are. They appear to be in the 18-24 inch range
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #1130

Show
    I'm glad to see they're still making good use of the pony ears to express emotions.

Sprout made an appearance in two(?) shots as a background pony! I was beginning to wonder what he was up to, but I guess he's just a normal part of maretime bay now?

Good on you for following your maternal instincts, Hitch!

Also, new evil alicorn villain! She does not ring a bell, but I'm not very familiar with G1-3 lore. Anyone recognize her from a previous iteration? Looks like we'll get a fresh new villain.
    Show
    I went into this knowing the animation quality wouldn't be as good as the first movie, but they managed to get it to look really good on a TV show budget. Yeah, the ears are really good for expressing emotions. They could probably push the envelope and get the pegasi to use their wings for expression too.

Hey now, why not PATERNAL instincts? :3
    Nothing wrong with a good father figure in a child's life. It is interesting to see the one stallion on the team getting the parental role. But I agree that hopefully they do something more with the dragon than just a team mascot. Historically, MLP had a baby dragon character that hangs out with the ponies and occasionally does something on their own.

Dunno who the alicorn villain is, but wow did she blow up in the fandom. There's SO MUCH ART of her already and we don't even have a name! XD
    Someone mentioned that she kinda looks like a crystal princess from the G4 comics, but that's probably just coincidence. I'm not getting that vibe from her. The show has my attention though on what her deal is.

But definitely the really big thing out of this little mini-movie is that we FINALLY see direct earthpony magic come from their hooves! Something definitive! It sparkles even! That made me extremely happy to see. Pair that with Sunny being an earthpony with the alicorn powers and G5 at has that going for it over G4.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Due to a recent cameo in the Chip n Dale movie, we can see exactly how little the ponies are. They appear to be in the 18-24 inch range
    I prefer the measurements made in comparison to Equestria Girls which puts ponies at about three feet tall. :3
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2022-05-27 at 07:18 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Spoiler: G5 comic #2, return of an old character
    Show
    They've brought back Discord in this one, which I'm actually pretty happy about because of all the G4 characters to make an appearance the Lord of Chaos would be the most fun. G5 comic #2 seems to be written to appeal heavily to the G4 fans with the re-introduction of Discord and Sunny name dropping a whole bunch of G4 characters as they explore old Canterlot. I'm thinking they may have overdone it a little with the latter, but the intent is probably to show that Sunny knows her ancient Equestrian history as well and not just appeal to the G4 fans. With so much of ancient Equestria actually known to her I suspect there are probably more ponies around the world that know. I just can't imagine her knowing so much without there being a good chunk of historical texts available. The general populace may not know about them, but I'd expect there to be a handful of historian ponies around Equestria who are familiar with these texts.

Discord still has an affinity for tea parties and now has his own little group of animals to take care of, so Fluttershy clearly left a long lasting imprint on him. Also interesting is that he stole and is willing to destroy the magic crystal because he feels it would actually help keep ponykind united, even though he'd lose his own magic as well. Now that's a Discord that's learned the value of friendship. I am wondering, though, if he's seriously considering destroying the crystal or if he's just trying to help teach a lesson in the most circuitous and trollish way imaginable, as Discord is wont to do.

It's nice to see Discord make an appearance and to see how much he's changed since when we first see him in G4. I do hope he'll sometimes engage in more trolling, albeit in a more good natured way than before, because that's when Discord is at his most fun.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Spoiler: G5 comic #2, return of an old character
    Show
    They've brought back Discord in this one, which I'm actually pretty happy about because of all the G4 characters to make an appearance the Lord of Chaos would be the most fun. G5 comic #2 seems to be written to appeal heavily to the G4 fans with the re-introduction of Discord and Sunny name dropping a whole bunch of G4 characters as they explore old Canterlot. I'm thinking they may have overdone it a little with the latter, but the intent is probably to show that Sunny knows her ancient Equestrian history as well and not just appeal to the G4 fans. With so much of ancient Equestria actually known to her I suspect there are probably more ponies around the world that know. I just can't imagine her knowing so much without there being a good chunk of historical texts available. The general populace may not know about them, but I'd expect there to be a handful of historian ponies around Equestria who are familiar with these texts.

Discord still has an affinity for tea parties and now has his own little group of animals to take care of, so Fluttershy clearly left a long lasting imprint on him. Also interesting is that he stole and is willing to destroy the magic crystal because he feels it would actually help keep ponykind united, even though he'd lose his own magic as well. Now that's a Discord that's learned the value of friendship. I am wondering, though, if he's seriously considering destroying the crystal or if he's just trying to help teach a lesson in the most circuitous and trollish way imaginable, as Discord is wont to do.

It's nice to see Discord make an appearance and to see how much he's changed since when we first see him in G4. I do hope he'll sometimes engage in more trolling, albeit in a more good natured way than before, because that's when Discord is at his most fun.
    Spoiler: Curiosity question!
    Show
    Does Discord ever explain any of the events between G4 and G5? Like what happened to Equerstria, the reason for the crystal? How long it's been? Anything?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #1133

Spoiler: Curiosity question!
    Show
    Does Discord ever explain any of the events between G4 and G5? Like what happened to Equerstria, the reason for the crystal? How long it's been? Anything?
    Spoiler: Answer
    Show
    Partially. In the distant past a wicked pony divided pony kind by spreading the notion that some kinds of pony were better than others because of their magic. The mane 6 were able to resolve that crisis and bring everypony together again, but Twilight decided to place the magic of their entire world in the 3 crystals that we saw to keep them united. It doesn't mention what happened after that, but I'm guessing the wicked pony was the one we got a glimpse of in the G5 episode and had something to do with it. The comic ends with Discord disappearing with the crystal intending to find a way to destroy it and the mane 5 intending to go after him.

They didn't drop any number for how many years passed ('many moons' is all we get), but I'm guessing in the order of centuries at the most considering the ruins of old Canterlot still exist. I don't think anything would be left standing at all if over a thousand years had passed.

Trixie is also very briefly name dropped by the way.

24. - Top - End - #1134

Spoiler: Answer
    Show
    Partially. In the distant past a wicked pony divided pony kind by spreading the notion that some kinds of pony were better than others because of their magic. The mane 6 were able to resolve that crisis and bring everypony together again, but Twilight decided to place the magic of their entire world in the 3 crystals that we saw to keep them united. It doesn't mention what happened after that, but I'm guessing the wicked pony was the one we got a glimpse of in the G5 episode and had something to do with it. The comic ends with Discord disappearing with the crystal intending to find a way to destroy it and the mane 5 intending to go after him.

They didn't drop any number for how many years passed ('many moons' is all we get), but I'm guessing in the order of centuries at the most considering the ruins of old Canterlot still exist. I don't think anything would be left standing at all if over a thousand years had passed.

Trixie is also very briefly name dropped by the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I got some of this info from another source... I don't like this idea. The idea of Twilight getting rid of magic is like... not characteristic of her (assuming Discord is a reliable narrator).

Guess I'll pass on picking up the comics and wait to see how the show handles things.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #1135

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I got some of this info from another source... I don't like this idea. The idea of Twilight getting rid of magic is like... not characteristic of her (assuming Discord is a reliable narrator).

Guess I'll pass on picking up the comics and wait to see how the show handles things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think she got rid of magic, just made the crystals a cosmic keystone for it. Ponykind stays united, crystals stay united and everyone keeps their magic. Ponykind breaks up, crystals break up and everyone loses their magic.

26. - Top - End - #1136

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think she got rid of magic, just made the crystals a cosmic keystone for it. Ponykind stays united, crystals stay united and everyone keeps their magic. Ponykind breaks up, crystals break up and everyone loses their magic.
    Spoiler: G5 stuff
    Show
    Alright, then the threat of getting rid of magic is uncharacteristic of her.

Thought she was the princess of friendship, not the princess of babysitting and taking away the foals' toys when they misbehave. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist