New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1136
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    If it's any consolation, the fandom has already started making their own G5 stuff. Which is something, at least?
    True, but I've mostly been avoiding it, as I would be seeing it without context.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    True, but I've mostly been avoiding it, as I would be seeing it without context.
    I understand. I hope you'll be able to acquire access to the official stuff at some point!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

Part of me imagines Yak as MLP's ogre, but with smashing instead of gluttony.
    Maybe someone should make an edit video of it.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i have witnessed hell today

got a box of supplies and it was packed with bubblewrap to keep the stuff from shifting during shipping
    ---bubblewrap that DOES NOT POP!!
    not even if you act like you are wringing out a wet towel

what kind of absolute monster would invent this stuff?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    --bubblewrap that DOES NOT POP!!
    what kind of absolute monster would invent this stuff?
    I was gonna first guess Discord, but then I was thinking, "What if this is Cozy Glow's plan to keep all the adults busy and stressed?" :P
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Space battle?

I mean, I assume they aren't redwoods there...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

8. - Top - End - #1058

Seems that the Ensign (if I'm up to date on her rank) has made good use of an Epic Enlarge Self spell.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Nebula.

Static display because 2021 and everything continues continues to be horrible forever1; following eight days lost to HDD failure, mate came down with chest infection at 11th hour.

1See also: death of RPG group mate at 37 in early summer, other member of RPG group fired by excrement-y work and had to move away back home, multiple other hardware/applicance/maintainance failures, deteriorating UK situation generally, deterorating human culture globally everywhere (included but not limited to: rise of factionalism, factionalists win even in fiction (see pony and X-Men)), everything of interest one bvy one is destroyed/exploited or changed to be unrecognisable or created by people who turn out to be awful; as stated everything is horrible forever.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Colossus in the Playground

X-Men
    Okay, I'm gonna be honest I think that after the 21st time the government of a first world country tries to commit a total genocide of your people(which this time included forcibly sterilizing children) and a lot of your friends die as a direct result of that, deciding "okay, screw you guys, we're gonna make our own country and do whatever the hell we want and you just have to deal with it but if you're nice we'll give you the cure for cancer" is perfectly fair.

They didn't draw the faction lines. they're just trying to survive in a world that has been actively trying to murder them all their lives.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Tempted the fates in a pony RP recently; We found Nightmare Moon and when she did her usual evil villain laugh (tm), my pony attempted a mock laughter in her voice. He succeeded at the impersonation, and apparently NMM has no chill. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Seems that the Ensign (if I'm up to date on her rank) has made good use of an Epic Enlarge Self spell.
    What if she is regular size and this is a Breezie fleet? :3

Also, what if no one believed her that this fleet existed? Could be a funny comedy fic.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #1062

Did anyone pick up any of the MLP/Transformer cross-over comics or the MLP generations comics? Are they any good if so?

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Okay, I'm gonna be honest I think that after the 21st time the government of a first world country tries to commit a total genocide of your people(which this time included forcibly sterilizing children) and a lot of your friends die as a direct result of that, deciding "okay, screw you guys, we're gonna make our own country and do whatever the hell we want and you just have to deal with it but if you're nice we'll give you the cure for cancer" is perfectly fair.
    Also half of the good guys doing that, like say Inhuman magic fart gas because having it contained in one area with a chance for people to choose to become Inhuman to be revered and respected (or a barely sapient blob doomed to be mocked and kicked around by superior) or a sorceress Mutant Avenger who went bonkers and commit mass power erasure (including people who fell from the sky, died during transformation, or committed suicide) but retconned as Dr. Doom's doing.
    Last edited by t209; 2021-12-06 at 01:16 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

They didn't draw the faction lines. they're just trying to survive in a world that has been actively trying to murder them all their lives.
    Human factionalists won after noted 21st time genocide or whatever. Magneto was apparently right, the X-Men have given up on The Dream. Can I blame them? No.

But that was it, after that, I can't ever read any more X-Men comics, because I can't bear to see that anthill kicked over AGAIN (ironically by some meta baseline human, who goes "no, they have Res now, that's too good, needs to be taken away" or something.)

And on top of that, Nightcrawler's well-intended but utterly thoughtless "make more mutants", followed by the writer's intent thereafter means that even IF the nation survives, all they've done now is create a brand-new underclass of people (whose attitude would not be popular with Kracktoans, the writers said) because they don't want to "make more mutants" in whatever sense that is.

So to me, at the height of crappiness of the world, the X-Men, (quite rightly) sodded off, in a metaphysical, conceptual and narrative sense, to where I can't follow.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Colossus in the Playground

on top of that, Nightcrawler's well-intended but utterly thoughtless "make more mutants", followed by the writer's intent thereafter means that even IF the nation survives, all they've done now is create a brand-new underclass of people (whose attitude would not be popular with Kracktoans, the writers said) because they don't want to "make more mutants" in whatever sense that is.
    As of Way of x, they've basically admitted that that was a poorly thought out policy and nobody is actually enforcing it.

Admittedly more becuase people keep abandoning their ops babies on Stacy X's doorstep than the other reason...

Even before that, Rogue stating outright that she never wants kids is met with a shrug and an "okay you do you."

For what it's worth, the original plans for this time period have basically been scrapped at this point and Krakoa is going to be the permanent status quo for the foreseeable future... Like, there's clearly some stuff going o but all of the questionable stuff is slowly being rolled back. Hickman's more or less handing the reigns over to other people once they finish one last story that's tying off some loose threads.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Did anyone pick up any of the MLP/Transformer cross-over comics or the MLP generations comics? Are they any good if so?
    I read only a few pages, but it seemed interesting! It has potential to be really good. If I can pick up the whole series, I would let you know.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

*exhale*

On top of everything else going on (including TubrCAD not working properly in new version, everything taking longer to do because idiots change things because I can't even have work not be an unending joyless chore now), Photobucket is doing a "we demand you pay us" thing again, so I have Done a Download of everything on there (which to be fair mostly was alreayd backed up), but likely old links will break (noine year's worth). Not going to attempt to rush tp put things back, but if people find stuff missing, PM me and I'll re-add it with edit where possible. Also, if Avatar disappears, likewise notify me, though it should now be drawn from SmugMug (which I pay a ludicorus fortune for, but at least will be reliable).

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

*exhale*

On top of everything else going on (including TubrCAD not working properly in new version, everything taking longer to do because idiots change things because I can't even have work not be an unending joyless chore now), Photobucket is doing a "we demand you pay us" thing again, so I have Done a Download of everything on there (which to be fair mostly was alreayd backed up), but likely old links will break (noine year's worth). Not going to attempt to rush tp put things back, but if people find stuff missing, PM me and I'll re-add it with edit where possible. Also, if Avatar disappears, likewise notify me, though it should now be drawn from SmugMug (which I pay a ludicorus fortune for, but at least will be reliable).
    The location in your profile seems to be truncated as well, but I suspect that is the least of your problems..

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    The location in your profile seems to be truncated as well, but I suspect that is the least of your problems..

Text limit has apparently changed.

On the other hand, since the wormhole permanently collapsed last year with me on this side... It doesn't matter anymore, anyway.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Happy Hearth-warming to everyone, pony and nonpony alike! :D

After a second viewing of the G5 movie, I still find it a really good movie and the mane characters are fun. I do like Zipp a bit more.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I'm still waiting to see it... Heigh ho.

Still, a good Christmas so far - the in-laws are still with us (albiet increasingly shaky), and I will be visiting my sister (and such parts of the clan that are there) tonight.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Still don't have Netflix, but I am happy about how the G5 movie has reinvigorated the MLP fandom.

I'm also happy to say that thanks to an unexpectedly generous Cyber Monday sale I received a shiny new laptop to replace both my 7 year old desktop and 9 year old laptop PCs! So fast!
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

23. - Top - End - #1073

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Still don't have Netflix, but I am happy about how the G5 movie has reinvigorated the MLP fandom.

I'm also happy to say that thanks to an unexpectedly generous Cyber Monday sale I received a shiny new laptop to replace both my 7 year old desktop and 9 year old laptop PCs! So fast!
    We did get some new pony themed music and animations of high quality from the fandom fairly recently, didn't we? It is nice to see the creative portion of the fandom is still chugging along.

24. - Top - End - #1074

I've heard that there will be a G5 animation in spring that'll get a YouTube release. So that might be something to look forward to if you don't have the Netflix.

New laptop sounds great. I just got a new keyboard. Now I can type and they keyboard won't skip letters.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #1075

Spoiler: Applejack has joined my plushie herd
    Show

Now I have plushies of princess Luna, Fluttershy, Maud Pie and Applejack. Maaaaybe I'll get even more in time.
    Last edited by Form; 2021-12-28 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Update image link

26. - Top - End - #1076

Happy new year, everypony! Or changeling, Kirin, or what have you. :3

Now I have plushies of princess Luna, Fluttershy, Maud Pie and Applejack. Maaaaybe I'll get even more in time.
    Cute! You got a collection going there. ^^

I just have a Trixie I got from Build-a-Bear back in the day. I lost the hat (no big deal), but now she wears a unicorn headband so I joke that she's now a Double unicorn. I wonder if G5 will get official plush at BAB when the series finally comes out?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Happy new year, everypony! Or changeling, Kirin, or what have you. :3
    Happy New Year y'all!

*melds back into the background*

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Happy New Year y'all!

*melds back into the background*
    Is it February already? Wake up Tigger!

29. - Top - End - #1079

There's a teaser trailer for a new Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers movie, and apparently ponies make a cameo appearance. Like, you can totally make out three of the G4 characters; Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack's hat.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    There's a teaser trailer for a new Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers movie, and apparently ponies make a cameo appearance. Like, you can totally make out three of the G4 characters; Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack's hat.
    Applejack's hat is a character?

Edit: There were a hell of a lot of cameos and references in that. Not, sadly, an indicator of quality.

That said, the animation was good, and well mixed in. And they had the humour to lean on the differences in animation.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2022-02-16 at 01:28 PM.