New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Never had a chance - my old RPG group fell apart when the person running it got divorced, and I never really bothered engaging with any local ones. That's before you start trying to get pony-specific.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Counting down to the finale of my Shadowtrot campaign this Sunday. Yeah, I'm a bit nervicited about it, to borrow a word from Pinkie Pie.

I am pretty happy to see I got people wanting to line up for the next one, whenever I get around to writing a new plot. I really need to clean up my campaign docs and make them public...

...do anyone else around here still participate in pony RPGs or has that played out?
    I mean, I am literally in two Ponyfinder games, one in PF, one in 5E. Though admittedly, the PF one is approaching its endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Never had a chance - my old RPG group fell apart when the person running it got divorced, and I never really bothered engaging with any local ones. That's before you start trying to get pony-specific.
    That sounds messy. Local games seem no easier for me to put together than online ones. Pandemic not withstanding.

I mean, I am literally in two Ponyfinder games, one in PF, one in 5E. Though admittedly, the PF one is approaching its endgame.
    I never played PF. I played an FOE pony game with a janky d100 system and a couple pony games in gurps.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

I never played PF. I played an FOE pony game with a janky d100 system and a couple pony games in gurps.
    It's basically a D&D-ified Equestria. It's got some issues (There are no CG gods, there are 5 core domains missing (and like 5 gods with the Protection domain and 4 with Darkness), there's a half-breed race with literally no lore, etc), but there's a lot of fun to be played around with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

5. - Top - End - #965

Here it is, the finale of my Shadowtrot campaign!
    https://youtu.be/FAuLY-Q6bYw

Overall I had a lot of fun running this and I look forward to revisiting the setting again in the future.

It's basically a D&D-ified Equestria. It's got some issues (There are no CG gods, there are 5 core domains missing (and like 5 gods with the Protection domain and 4 with Darkness), there's a half-breed race with literally no lore, etc), but there's a lot of fun to be played around with.
    Well issues like that aren't too difficult to fix with some lore homebrew patches. It's certainly easier to work with than say, the combat mechanics.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

I have been running a modified 3.5 D&D game set less than a century after the FIRST Hearth's Warming. Its lessons have started to be forgotten, and the PCs are one of the squads of the recently formed Order of the Flaming Heart dispatched to rectify matters.

Despite the Pony setting, good tactics are emphasized.

I could use more players.

More information HERE.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2021-05-19 at 02:49 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

7. - Top - End - #967

Anyone watch the Guardians of Pondonia animation?

The story is random silliness, but the animation is really good (and the pony character is a cutie). Done by a former Disney animator.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #968
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anyone watch the Guardians of Pondonia animation?

The story is random silliness, but the animation is really good (and the pony character is a cutie). Done by a former Disney animator.
    It felt a little cringey at first, but that might just be me. It's probably just a matter of getting used to it. That said, the pony character does look adorable and the animation looks good.

9. - Top - End - #969

More promo art of Gen5 over on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    It felt a little cringey at first, but that might just be me. It's probably just a matter of getting used to it. That said, the pony character does look adorable and the animation looks good.
    The creator said there will be a second short with Athena, so maybe it'll get less cringy there. We can hope!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

More promo art of Gen5 over on Twitter.
    Evidently the first movie's going to be on Netflix, which isn't great news for me. I just hope the whole series isn't exclusively there as well.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #971
    Halfling in the Playground

Had to admit Athena looks pretty sweet.

12. - Top - End - #972

Pony TRPG News, believe it or not!

David Silver's Ponyfinder, already available for Pathfinder, Pathfinder Second Edition, and D&D 5e, now has a Kickstarter for a Savage Worlds edition.

I suppose with the release of Savage Pathfinder it makes sense.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

13. - Top - End - #973

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Evidently the first movie's going to be on Netflix, which isn't great news for me. I just hope the whole series isn't exclusively there as well.
    I cannot find reliable info on where the series is going to play out. I am curious about this question.

Quote Originally Posted by marshiyanmister View Post
    Had to admit Athena looks pretty sweet.
    Her face is very animated, and has a great confused look.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    David Silver's Ponyfinder, already available for Pathfinder, Pathfinder Second Edition, and D&D 5e, now has a Kickstarter for a Savage Worlds edition.

I suppose with the release of Savage Pathfinder it makes sense.
    Huh, I just remembered that I haven't tried out the savage world system yet. Why didn't I... oh right. 2020 happened.

I do miss my local group, but they don't get into any of the neat online tools available for running/playing games. I mean, everyone brings their laptops and tablets anyway!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #974

Huh, I just remembered that I haven't tried out the savage world system yet. Why didn't I... oh right. 2020 happened.

I do miss my local group, but they don't get into any of the neat online tools available for running/playing games. I mean, everyone brings their laptops and tablets anyway!
    My gaming friends were already used to having the map on the MapTool VTT even when we were meeting up in person (using a spare laptop to put it up on the TV for the non-laptop players) and having the players Skype in if they couldn't make the drive for some reason, so going full virtual was an easy step for us.

We went through a Savage Worlds phase back in 2013-15; I got to play in a friend's Savage Worlds XCOM game for a while until RL intervened and he didn't have time to do the game prep any more.
    Equestria's my station

15. - Top - End - #975

Possible new scenes from the upcoming G5 movie--
    https://www.equestriadaily.com/2021/...2-reveals.html

My gaming friends were already used to having the map on the MapTool VTT even when we were meeting up in person (using a spare laptop to put it up on the TV for the non-laptop players) and having the players Skype in if they couldn't make the drive for some reason, so going full virtual was an easy step for us.

We went through a Savage Worlds phase back in 2013-15; I got to play in a friend's Savage Worlds XCOM game for a while until RL intervened and he didn't have time to do the game prep any more.
    I guess my local group was just annoyingly reluctant to get into the digital age. Even just something like a map or dungeon on the tv would have been a real time saver. As I said, nearly everyone had a laptop or tablet with them. Just put the maps on a shared Google account! Make a shared doc to take notes in! Grab some music off YouTube for ambiance immersion!

Well, I made some calls this past week and it looks like I could have a new local group together for the July 4th weekend. We shall see if people stick together. We're currently voting on a system and it looks like the top contenders are an old d20 Star Wars system and D&D 3.5

Not my votes, but I'm also not the GM for a change so... eh? Star Wars would be kind of great in general after I finished watching the Mandalorian last month.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #976
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

I think this may be my daughter's third or fourth trip through Friendship is Magic. Whole series.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

17. - Top - End - #977

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    I think this may be my daughter's third or fourth trip through Friendship is Magic. Whole series.
    Wow. She looking forward to the upcoming G5 series?

Spoiler: G5 Synopsis discussion
    Show
    So according to the scanned book material in the above link, G5 seems to take place many years after G4, which is referred to as "ancient Equestria". I've seen some fans angry about the idea that Twi failed and Equestria broke up, but maybe instead it's that Twilight wasn't immortal and eventually passed away? I mean, it could have fallen years after she's gone.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #978

Show
    So according to the scanned book material in the above link, G5 seems to take place many years after G4, which is referred to as "ancient Equestria". I've seen some fans angry about the idea that Twi failed and Equestria broke up, but maybe instead it's that Twilight wasn't immortal and eventually passed away? I mean, it could have fallen years after she's gone.
    Show
    Passed away, killed, retired, who knows? I'm hoping either the movie or at least the new series will shed some light on this to retain a bit of a sense of continuity and so we can hold on to the mane 6 juuuust a little bit for a little while longer.

19. - Top - End - #979

Wow. She looking forward to the upcoming G5 series?
    She does not know of it.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

20. - Top - End - #980

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Show
    Passed away, killed, retired, who knows? I'm hoping either the movie or at least the new series will shed some light on this to retain a bit of a sense of continuity and so we can hold on to the mane 6 juuuust a little bit for a little while longer.
    That's fair. G4 was hugely influential in culture, and such a thing is hard to let go of when it comes to an end. :3

She does not know of it.
    I'm wondering when we'll get a trailer for the upcoming movie. Lack of advertising it is making me slightly nervous.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #981

She does not know of it.
    I'm wondering when we'll get a trailer for the upcoming movie. Lack of advertising it is making me slightly nervous.
    She knows of it now. She asks at least once a day if she can watch the new My Little Pony movie.
    The Cranky Gamer

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

It's possible that nopony knows. The whole film industry has halted for a while because of the pandemic, and it takes a while for them to restart. I think that still applies to a cartoon film, because there still needs to be a large staff.

23. - Top - End - #983

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    It's possible that nopony knows. The whole film industry has halted for a while because of the pandemic, and it takes a while for them to restart. I think that still applies to a cartoon film, because there still needs to be a large staff.
    Well the movie is scheduled for release September 24th, so there isn't all that much time left to start up the advertising engine.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #984

Pony TRPG News: David Silver's Ponyfinder has a Kickstarter for Seas of Everglow covering water-based adventures (PF1/5e/PF2).

Looks like the Ponyfinder Savage Pathfinder Kickstarter made over twice its goal and is supposed to be out in November.

I wonder if Tails of Equestria is going to have a G5 movie supplement?
    Equestria's my station

25. - Top - End - #985

I wonder if Tails of Equestria is going to have a G5 movie supplement?
    I'm wondering if G5 is going to have a trailer for the upcoming movie. :P

I've seen some merch for G5 show up at local stores, along with whatever left over G4 stuff they're trying to get rid of to make room. The different art styles does make for a jarring shift in packaging.

I'll check out the Everglow link but sadly I just don't have anyone local to play in these settings anymore. PbP is notoriously fickle with how long a game will even last. I do collect some of the books anyway. If nothing else, they're pretty well made with interesting art.

Edit--
    There's a gallery of images getting passed around, some might be from the movie.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2021-08-08 at 08:55 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #986

We have a trailer for MLP G5!

The animation is adorable! It looks like it'll be a cute finding friendship adventure.
    Spoiler: Specific stuff
    Show
    I couldn't help but chuckle at the poor unicorns being without magic. I think that music box version of the theme didn't help. XD

Dang, seems like the three main tribes really have been out of touch for a long time. Unicorn attack? Then again, Izzy is a bit on the weird side so I guess you have to remember your Pinkie Protocols.

My only unanswered question is who the antagonist is. Is it just the general distrust of the three tribes or will there be some actual big bad and they're keeping it a surprise? I want to know more!
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2021-08-12 at 04:59 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I think I just hurt myself laughing...

Yup - that actually looks good. Not sure how it will play out, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

EDIT: Hang on... James Marsden???
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2021-08-12 at 05:26 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

28. - Top - End - #988

Yessss, a trailer! Thanks for posting it, I'd forgotten to keep an eye on it.

Got a chuckle out of the apple falling on the granny pony and her deadpan response. It seems decent enough overall. I'm going with cautious optimism too.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Specific stuff
    Show
    My only unanswered question is who the antagonist is.
    Spoiler: trailer of G5 movie
    Show
    It could be the colt that first appears at 99 seconds, or the poodle that appears for just a second at 113 seconds. Or that universe's version of Tirek, since Tirek is a suspect when the unicorns can't do magic.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2021-08-15 at 02:15 AM.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

One question.
    Spoiler: Trailer spoiler
    Show
    Last time they split, Wendigo came but not here for some reason?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3