New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Happy USA Thanksgiving, everypony!

I just popped in to let anyone interested know that River Horse has a Black Friday Sale going on Tails of Equestria products.

I was pretty impressed, there's more books in the line than I was aware of.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

2. - Top - End - #842
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I was pretty impressed, there's more books in the line than I was aware of.
    Huh, I didn't know this either. And why does Celestia have an eyepatch? Did I miss Pirate Day?

Thanksgiving was good. Watched most of the new Animaniacs. Oh is it ever so hilarious. The things they got past the censors...
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

This is a thing that exists.

I am quite impressed that, while such a thing should have been done, that is was done physically, not just as fanart.

(And yes, I've been quiet, but mostly because Estee made a Discord and it gives me one more place to blither, as here is now so quiet.)

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

My grandmother fell and broke her hand this afternoon. It's one of these long bones called the metacarpals that are broken. I visited her to calm her down. She still insisted that she didn't want to go to the doctor this evening, instead she'd wait till tomorrow morning. So be it, it would be in vain to try to talk her off that. It's her hand that will heal worse from that. I just hope she'll stay calm and rest and keep her hand high as instructed, so the swelling doesn't get worse. She also insists on going to a private clinic tomorrow. My family booked a meeting, I'll be accompanying her. I think it's a hilariously stupid idea: private clinic traumatology is where all the people who have Covid but don't want to stay in a hospital with it will go if they have an injury, whereas the state hospital traumatology will merely have other random people with injuries. But again, it's grandmother's choice, so unless she changes her mind by tomorrow, private clinic it is.

Update 2020-12-01 14:26Z: Done. It wasn't a broken bone, only a dislocated joint luckily.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2020-12-01 at 09:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #845

I learned a long time ago not to bother arguing with elderly relatives. They've had decades to boost their Obstinacy stats.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Really not very struck with the pony comic season ten.

Apparently Zecora, like Sombra, is also a topic that pony comics should never be allowed to touch.

The thing that gets me most is how utterly... Americanised... It is. Zecora's homeland is apparently just exactly the same culturally as Equestria. Down to "yes, they played the same RPGs as kids." Urrgh. Sure, that's not kind of reaching to frame the same old same old issues.

It's all so... Mundane. They could have literally changed Zecora to LITERALLY ANY OTHER CHARACTER and the story would be no different.

They even picked the single most mundane explanation of her rhyming possible to conceive.

I expected at LEAST some attempt to Black Panther it a little bit, because I expected better of Pony Comic. The more fool me - it's 2020, innit?

Can see if this does not SHARPLY improve, I guess 2020 will see the end of me getting ANY comics at all, if even pony is starting to fall dead.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Really not very struck with the pony comic season ten.
    Can see if this does not SHARPLY improve, I guess 2020 will see the end of me getting ANY comics at all, if even pony is starting to fall dead.
    I left the comics behind shortly after the lockdown started and it was clear that I wasn't getting to Forbidden Planet any time soon. I have to say that I haven't really missed them.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I left the comics behind shortly after the lockdown started and it was clear that I wasn't getting to Forbidden Planet any time soon. I have to say that I haven't really missed them.
    I haven't had a local comic shop in years; I have to get mine from mail order from Forbidden Planet and it's always such an arse, given the gap between "comic annouced, too early to add to subscription" and "too late to add to subscription, now fid first issue from ebay or something."

Part of the reason I stopped trying to chase around looking.

9. - Top - End - #849

Sounds like they're about as useful as Diamond.

10. - Top - End - #850

I've been content with buying digital only versions online from IDW publishing, but I prefer to minimize the amount of stuff I have lying around the house. I can understand the appeal of holding a physical copy in your hands, though.
    Last edited by Form; 2020-12-15 at 03:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Sounds like they're about as useful as Diamond.
    They are effectively a front-end on Diamond. Somewhat more helpful and flexible where they can (at least in my experience, as I was dealing directly with the staff - Bleakbane may have had a different experience dealing via email), but at the end of the day, still limited by their suppliers.

Certianly when I was using Select Service - the comic ordering system - I used to be able to tag comics on announcement and they would usually get them in. In the 20-odd years I used it I think they only screwed up the order a handful of times if that.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

12. - Top - End - #852

Tales of Equestria is still chugging along, with River Horse announcing a new book, The Compendium of Equestria, for early next year!

Details are sketchy, though new playable races are mentioned.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

13. - Top - End - #853

The thing that gets me most is how utterly... Americanised... It is. Zecora's homeland is apparently just exactly the same culturally as Equestria.
    Sounds like a real disappointment. Most comics were doing pretty decent on the world-building... course I stopped reading way back when, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Tales of Equestria is still chugging along, with River Horse announcing a new book, The Compendium of Equestria, for early next year!
    Speaking of! I got to partake in a one-shot Tales of Equestria, as a member of the Vanhoover CMC troupe. I think the adventure is the basic one that comes with one of the main books, but it was still fun to mess around in it. The dice rolls were hilariously chaotic too.

Video link here.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #854

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Speaking of! I got to partake in a one-shot Tales of Equestria, as a member of the Vanhoover CMC troupe. I think the adventure is the basic one that comes with one of the main books, but it was still fun to mess around in it. The dice rolls were hilariously chaotic too.

Video link here.
    I'm curious, is MLP-themed RP very different from other kinds of RP? I'm guessing it's mostly the setting and character types that are different?

15. - Top - End - #855

Merry Christmas/Happy Festivus!

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    I'm curious, is MLP-themed RP very different from other kinds of RP? I'm guessing it's mostly the setting and character types that are different?
    The difference is going to be mostly in the setting. If you're playing in Equestria and following most of the show's canon, then your RPs are going to be much friendlier and centered on friendships and light adventure. As opposed to, say, my Shadowtrot campaign setting where there are no elements of harmony, just giant megacorps exploiting the masses for profit and you're a team hired to buck someone in the face for money (though my players still have some standards and only buck those who had it coming). :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

Sign of Bad Year: Bleakbane is at Home on Computer on Christmas Day.

Hey, Bleakbane, what are you still doing he-
    Spoiler
    Show

But... But... why though?

Your guess is as good as mine, Hopereaver.

That's the second biggest rubber ducky stormtrooper I've ever seen.

Yeah, I'm not touching that one.

Me either.

Merry Christmas folks...?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-12-25 at 06:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #857

Well, at least there are a couple of decent Hearth's warming themed stories up on fimfiction. Reading those I've actually done something Christmassy today.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

So, as it is now impossible for me to get any games for Christmas, I carefully squirreled away Phantom Doctrine to start to play today.

*looks for mods for character customisation*

*locates portait mod*

Oh no, it's a simple headshot thing.

To google image search!

Oh Lichemaster...

Letsee now - half of the Paladins of Azurella (dammnit, nothing for Illy, you'd have though it would be easy to find a blue-skinned, blue-haired, red-eyed eyinyes, but no...) and me (duh), Hopereaver (also hard, again, you'd have thought it easier to find "blue-haired female what is Not Off Anime or a Random Lady's self-portrait, but...) Derpy, Darkspark and, because this is a spy game, one for Lord Yeller and his secret undercover identity of Lance Thrashnikov.

(Yes, that's a real thing he does.)

Found a skeleton in shades with a leather jacket, that'll do for him...

Just time to get that - maybe add some more later - but instead of being out all day, we get to be out now for a little bit, so that's something.

19. - Top - End - #859

Yeah, I'm not touching that one.
    Good news is that it's a Stormtrooper. It couldn't touch you either. ;)
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

I wish you a happy new year, everypony!

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

While it has passed here, I will not begin to properly relax until it has passed UTC-12:00 time.

Heck, I was still waiting for ten minutes past the hour to determine that the sun had not exploded, since that would be the point you'd know about it.

I'm honestly surprised were not in December 32nd and all the calendars in the world - digital, physical and otherwise - had not spontaneously generated new months and begin a literal downslide into some sort of hell dimension.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Good Riddance 2020!!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

And we're globally clear of 2021.

2020's has now lost its reach.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Good Riddance 2020!!
    I used two different words to start that sentence, but not apprpriate to the forum.

24. - Top - End - #864

I'm honestly surprised were not in December 32nd and all the calendars in the world - digital, physical and otherwise - had not spontaneously generated new months and begin a literal downslide into some sort of hell dimension.
    Ahem...........

25. - Top - End - #865
    Colossus in the Playground

So, did anyone keep up with the chibi-arstyle spin-off?

Did that turn out to be any good?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #866

I saw a commercial or two. I was not inspired to check it out.

27. - Top - End - #867

Shadowtrot returns for the new year! This session had some mood whiplash.
    https://youtu.be/paa9wmA3Xiw

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So, did anyone keep up with the chibi-arstyle spin-off?

Did that turn out to be any good?
    Do you mean Pony Life? I saw the first season and it was okay... Kinda like Teen Titans Go where episodes were very slice of life and more hit n miss for me. Oddly enough, they write a better Applejack.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm curious, does anypony still rewatch the old episodes, and if so, how often?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

My daughter watches them avidly (she's 21...). Me, less so, but I watch so little television these days...

30. - Top - End - #870

They all blur together to the point I have trouble remembering what happened when. So no, I don't rewatch. FiD is much more fun these days.