New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie View Post
    Talking about typesetting, Equestria font. https://www.dafont.com/equestria.font

Also, rather than printing words, how about printing ponies?
    Ooh, another font to add to my collection. Tanks! That printed Celestia is cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Am trapped in Detroit airport due to snow in my destination. Could really use some pegasi about now.
    Alas, work won't let us post ponies, so I can't send a weather team up there. Hope you've made progress since your post. I been hearing from a few friends in northern areas getting stuck in places or at home from the snow falls.

Might actually be jacket weather for Christmas down here for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Just… HOW MANY FEATS DID I ADD?!
    A millipede's worth.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #302

Late discovery while wiki-walking. Ocellus is the term for the vestigial eye-spots on an insect larva. I should've guessed, since every other changeling name is insect-related.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

There's a fan-made Fallout: Equestria supplement for the official Tails of Equestria TRPG!

I've added it to the Pony TRPG post.

In non-Pony TRPG news I've been running Pathfinder Second Edition for my group, and having a great time with it.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Ocellus is the term for the vestigial eye-spots on an insect larva. I should've guessed, since every other changeling name is insect-related.
    Also the name of best bugpony. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    There's a fan-made Fallout: Equestria supplement for the official Tails of Equestria TRPG!

I've added it to the Pony TRPG post.

In non-Pony TRPG news I've been running Pathfinder Second Edition for my group, and having a great time with it.
    Well now I should have to check out this fanmade addition. Though I don't have the official book yet. Still curious to see what they did.

I'm in a PF2e game and I do like it so far. It is a bit crunchy for pbp, but for in person tabletop or online discord service it works well. I'm having fun playing an alchemist. I borrowed some personality from SciTwi to RP.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Days like this remind me that the fundemental flaw in Thanos' plan was that he stopped at half.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-12-13 at 05:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306

Well, to be fair I don't think comic book Thanos would stop at half and he didn't really win either. Perhaps sweeping the dust of your snapped problems under the rug isn't the way? :P

(I suppose you could just blow up the planet. Throwing a moon at the problem didn't work for Thanos tho, just made it angry, so go for the Titan AE method)

And that brings me back to the ending of Pony. Turning the bad trip to stone doesn't solve the problem, it just puts it aside for a thousand years to be someone else's problem. Does Twi got to assemble a new team of heroes in the far future when the trio eventually break out? I wonder how much Equestria will have changed by then.

Love sold in bottles at any street corner vending machine? XD

Chrysalis: "Why does this love have high fructose corn syrup?!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Well, to be fair I don't think comic book Thanos would stop at half and he didn't really win either. Perhaps sweeping the dust of your snapped problems under the rug isn't the way? :P

(I suppose you could just blow up the planet. Throwing a moon at the problem didn't work for Thanos tho, just made it angry, so go for the Titan AE method)

And that brings me back to the ending of Pony. Turning the bad trip to stone doesn't solve the problem, it just puts it aside for a thousand years to be someone else's problem. Does Twi got to assemble a new team of heroes in the far future when the trio eventually break out? I wonder how much Equestria will have changed by then.

Love sold in bottles at any street corner vending machine? XD

Chrysalis: "Why does this love have high fructose corn syrup?!"
    That brings up an interesting idea. Assume that the Mean 3 stayed in their stone form for long enough for the Mane 6 (minus immortal Twilight) plus Starlight, Trixie, etc. to die of natural causes. That would leave Twilight, Spike and Discord around.

What would the Mean 3 do? Tirek would probably try to eat the ponies' magic again. Cozy Glow would probably try to infiltrate the new probably friendlier society. Chrysalis however might be more interesting.

Chrysalis could try and seek revenge, or she might try and form a new hive. Assuming the new pony society is even friendlier, she might have ponies willing to give her love, no strings attached.

8. - Top - End - #308

What would the Mean 3 do? Tirek would probably try to eat the ponies' magic again. Cozy Glow would probably try to infiltrate the new probably friendlier society. Chrysalis however might be more interesting.

Chrysalis could try and seek revenge, or she might try and form a new hive. Assuming the new pony society is even friendlier, she might have ponies willing to give her love, no strings attached.
    I remember an episode of the old cartoon series Captain Planet, where the major villains (people who enjoyed polluting and exploiting Earth's resources) were stranded in the future. The world was clean, peaceful, and the leaders of the world even held a rally for the villains as they were people from the past. And the villains complained every moment about it.

Anyway, it would be hard for Chrysalis to seek revenge on old enemies that are no longer among the living, and maybe that realization would upset her. She could try her hoof at Twilight, but I suspect Twi would be prepared for it, much like Celestia was for Nightmare Moon's return.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Odd this being posted today, given this morning after mediation, I had an unusual moment where I wondered "what would you do if you woke up to find yourself in the future?" In a universe where, essentially, Harmony/the good powers had conquered the map, as it were, everyone you knew was long-gone, and a well-organised, Culture-like utopia precided across the entire universe everywhere and had for centuries. Where there was nothing left that needed control, because it was already running efficiently, and no threats internal, or external, existsed; but you were so far out of time that all the things you liked (and that were now regarded as old-fashioned and no-one else was interested in now) are long-forgotten or buried under centuries of the media of countless worlds in a galaxy to big and expansive, you were, essentially, a relic of an age that even most immortals had forgotten. What then? No good wishing for stuff to be Bad again, so you'd have something to do; since the whole point was to Make Everything Organised, and post-scaricty means wealth would be meaningless... So you can't really complain (justifiably) that the worst possible thing that can happened to you is being bored. But knowing that, while with effort, you might be able to dig out all the media of thousands of worlds to peruse eventually, that eternity streches foward... What do you do with yourself, as a non-reproducing immortal undying creature, completely disconnected to everyone that still exists, when there are no long-term goals to strive for, even the seemingly impossible, since they wouldn't have a point?

Sort of the extension of "you have conquered the universe! Now what?" Where you find that, actually, you don't need to subjugate everyone, since they're already doing what you wanted them to do.

Yeah, it struck me as odd that this came to me this morning as well.

In other news, Linkara did a review on a UK Transformers comic with the promise of a retrospecttive next year and oh my Lichemaster, I'm so excited!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-12-17 at 07:20 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

In other news, Linkara did a review on a UK Transformers comic with the promise of a retrospecttive next year and oh my Lichemaster, I'm so excited!
    Oooh - time to dig out the ol' ATFW address, then...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

11. - Top - End - #311

A series with Chrysalis trying to figure out what to do with herself in a post scarcity pony Utopia? I'd watch that. :3

Such a question was almost asked in a campaign I took part in. It was pony cyberpunk future, but much more friendly and decent than the usual Blade Runner or Shadowrun types. Chrysalis was in a space prison for so long that she pondered stealing a rocket ship and just take a long-term deep space flight to some other world to start over.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #312

And now I'm suddenly wondering what Chrysalis would look like if she followed the other changelings and morphed. Butterfly wings?

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    And now I'm suddenly wondering what Chrysalis would look like if she followed the other changelings and morphed. Butterfly wings?
    Spoiler: I like this interpretation
    Show

One interesting thing about being a latecomer to the fandom is periodically rediscovering gems from nearly a decade ago. Just finished "Friendship is Optimal" today, and wow...

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Spoiler: I like this interpretation
    Show

One interesting thing about being a latecomer to the fandom is periodically rediscovering gems from nearly a decade ago. Just finished "Friendship is Optimal" today, and wow...
    Thanks for the suggestion on Friendship is Optimal. Do you have any other stories that you would care to recommend. I am always looking for reading material.

Commander one option post-harmony is to see if there is anything better. Set up an experiment on a planet and try to direct life to see if harmony is the optimal goal or if there is something better out there. For example, what about the idea of collective consciousnesses where there are individual voices but also a larger whole?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Merry Christmas all, and see you on the flip-side.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Indeed. Complements of the season to one and all.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Merry Christmas all!

Wishing you all the best for the holidays with family, friends and pony.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Happy Hearthswarming all.

And remember, the greatest gift of all is friendship.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thanks for the suggestion on Friendship is Optimal. Do you have any other stories that you would care to recommend. I am always looking for reading material.
    If you or anyone else here hasn't read "Yule in a Donut Shop" you absolutely should.

Happy Hearthswarming!

20. - Top - End - #320

Bah, the greatest gift in my opinion is a hot mocha latte, warm pajamas, and Die Hard on the TV. XD

Yippie Ki-yay and a Happy New year to y'all!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #321
    Colossus in the Playground

My mother still thinks that party-sized candies are an appropriate Christmas present.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    My mother still thinks that party-sized candies are an appropriate Christmas present.
    Well, I reckon if you like candy you could do worse? I got party size gingerbread cookies this year.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #323

I'm just saying, if I have to cut a peanut butter cup into quarters to be able to have a reasonable portion and the pieces are still twice the volume of the brand's normal size, it's too big to be a gift for one person.

My lunch today was one piece of candy and there's still another one in the box. (I tried to give some away but no one wanted it.)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Oof, that seems uncessarily...

I'm just saying, if I have to cut a peanut butter cup into quarters to be able to have a reasonable portion and the pieces are still twice the volume of the brand's normal size, it's too big to be a gift for one person.

My lunch today was one piece of candy and there's still another one in the box. (I tried to give some away but no one wanted it.)
    Wait, by party-size, you mean "enough to feed an entire party" and not "the tiny version you put in party bags?"

You're complaining about having TOO MANY sweets?

I... Cannot see the problem...

Does it, not, like, store or something?

*Christmas chocolate typically last Bleakbane until Easter*

Good day. Got Much Chocolate, three of the remaining 5 books in the Imperial History of China series, several DB DVDs (Z Kai and S, now the decision becomes which to start with after I'm done with Naruto...)

No games this year, but there wasn't any to put on my list; these days, since everything is digital; Pokémon was the last holdout, and that's basically moved away from me. *shrug* (That said, I've not even opened the Pokémon one (Omega Ruby) from LAST year (admittedly, Santa dropped it, so I didn't get it until Boxing Day else I might have cracked it open), and partly that's because it's taken me pretty much a YEAR to breed one fricking ducklett, just because the RNG was being really unkind. But finally got that today, so now just about four/five more to go...))

Speaking of Pokémon, nephew Pestbag got Detective Pikachu, so with a slight nudge from me, in the absense of any decent Christmas telly, we watched that.

I was about the only person in the room to enjoy it, I fear; Mum was to tired to follow, it was a bit beyond Nanny, and Dad and my uncle were mildly amused at best (Pestbag's parents were taking a well-deserved soak in their hot-tub after doing Christmas dinner for 12 + (11). (Pestbag's concentration is such he doesn't watch-watch telly and my niece was at her boyfriend's.)

But I liked it, though I'd expected it to be maybe slightly more than just a fun family romp (with some nods to the older franchise fans) - maybe Marvel has set my expectations a little too high - but it was fun enough for me, anyway. (Though honestly, I think it would have struggled without Ryan Reynolds in the lead.)

1Youngest sister is expecting again, due just after panto.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-12-25 at 06:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Oof, that seems uncessarily...

Wait, by party-size, you mean "enough to feed an entire party" and not "the tiny version you put in party bags?"

You're complaining about having TOO MANY sweets?

I... Cannot see the problem...

Does it, not, like, store or something?
    Once you open the package, you've gotta eat the whole thing in short order unless you have a big enough baggy because once the package is open you've maybe got a day or two before it starts to go.

Also, not all of us are walking skeletons who can eat as much of whatever we want because our supernaturally supported metabolisms convert it into magical energy and vents the matter and energy that can't e stored into the astral plane. Some of us still store excess energy as lipids and sugars bundled up in globs of fat.

Beyond that... Family history of obesity, diabetes, and addictive behaviors and I'm two of three. It's hard enough keeping my weight consistent when I don't have someone plying me with enough candy to feed like, ten people(when I say party-sized, I mean you open it at a party. and it will be gone by the party's end) on top of the Christmas Stockings that she insists on doing every year even though I'm a grown man.

Sweets are fine... In moderation. And Moderation of sweets is something my whole family has a chronic history of not being good at. Every year I tell my mom "this is why we're fat."

Tough, sinceI'm done with school for a bit(I graduated, again) I should probably see about getting the body cycle out again.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #326

Ah, I can see how that could be a problem. Would be a bit much even for my own sexy "Dad bod".

Well hopefully you find a way to distribute some of that out to others. Otherwise... um... I dunno, rewrap a bit for Valentines?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Serious question: could you freeze it? I mean, I don't know what it is exactly, so I'm not sure but...?

28. - Top - End - #328

Serious question: could you freeze it? I mean, I don't know what it is exactly, so I'm not sure but...?
    Maybe, but the freezer's full and storage is only part of the problem.l.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Excellent, tomorrow's day quest DM just cancelled because illness (we were fine yesterday). So looks like today will be a mad scramble to find something to do at the last second.

30. - Top - End - #330

I mean, I don't know what it is exactly, so I'm not sure but...?
    You are one of today's lucky 10,000!
    Reese's peanut butter cup.

You know those scenes in movies with psionics where someone will use their powers to crush a large object until it's unrecognizable expect for maybe one piece that's sticking out? Okay, yeah, so this evening I found a large insect in that very condition on the bathroom floor. If it weren't for the one remaining intact leg I wouldn't have known it was an insect. Not sure what insect it was. My best guess is/was a large roach because it was brown and black, but it was completely mangled. And not like, someone stepped on it with a shoe crushed. No, like it was exposed to the dense atmosphere near the surface of Jupiter crushed.

There was also a cone-shaped splatter of 'it' on the toilet seat cover, like someone shot it's brains out with the world's tiniest sniper rifle.

I am VERY confused on what happened there.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-12-28 at 11:32 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist