New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The important thing for people to know: While Corona is very contagious and very dangerous to people 40 or older, especially the elderly, and people with chronic health conditions or compromised immune systems, for a healthy person under 40 the risk is comparable to an ordinary flu. I'm not gonna say ti's not a big deal, becuase it is killing people, but it's not as big a deal as some people are making it out to be.

Stay calm. Wash your hands thoroughly, make sure your food is cooked thoroughly at germ-killing temperatures, and don't mingle to long with strangers. If you're that scared, don't leave the house more than you need to, and if you start feeling sick and it doesn't seem normal for you, go to the doctor.

Basically all the stuff you're supposed to be doing anyway.

The worst thing you can do right now is panic.
    THANK YOU for being apparently one of the few that seems to be getting that.

As I've been saying the situation is serious, not cataclysmic. This is neither the black death, not the frelling T-virus out of Resident Evil or whatever. This is not the Zpmbie Apoclaypse unless humans actually make it so.

(We have - still - FIVE orders of magnitude deaths to go before corona reaches the number TRAFFIC deaths in 2016. I note there's a lot of reports about corona virus deaths, but no comparitive figures for, say, flu deaths (ot TB or AIDS etc).

Speakling of TB, if you want a disease be to SCARED of, how about that tuberculosis with a mortality rate of 80% which is now being suggested that is not only immune to the primary but ALL of the secondary drugs.)

Rushing aorund like headless chickens and doing stupid stuff like panic-buying toilet roll (for a disease which is lung-based) and, apparently, almonds and dried fruit (but not cerial) (I don't EVEN) is just making the situation worse. (I'm am 100% sure this is all nonsense that started on social media and everyone else in the world was just playing FOMO syndrome in headless panic. Really, when the BBC has to go and say "no, rubbing yourself in alcohol you bought as Tesco's or whatever will not stop the virus," I don't even know where to BEGIN.)

I was under the impression that ponies were the herd animal, but humans seems to be demonstrating a level of group panic hitherto unseen.

It's quite impressive; in under barely a month, humanity has succeeded admirably in completely undoing the nine years of drag factor pony managed to have on me.

2. - Top - End - #392

I remember reading somewhere during the swine flu freak out that all it takes to make humans panic is to remind them they aren't in control. Disease works really well for that.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

The worst thing you can do right now is panic.
    Or buy up all the toilet paper

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I love that Rainbow Dash kept up effortlessly.
    Naturally. There's also a CGI Pinkie show. The animation part is actually pretty good.

Basically all the stuff you're supposed to be doing anyway.
    Yeah, I do wonder how much of this hygiene will stick around after all is said and done. I'm enjoying the clean public bathroom at the office while it lasts.

At present my job is still business as usual, but I guess since my department is down to just two people left after everyone else quit or got fired, we have a sort of natural quarantine there...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Or buy up all the toilet paper
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did Rarity run out of fashion ideas this month? O_o?
    (On the contrary, Deeg, she's... on a roll!)

Speaking of ideas, I been productive in some pony art endeavors:

Combat Mage Earthpony

Sniper Zebra

Street Samurai Griffon
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Did Rarity run out of fashion ideas this month?
    Maybe she just learned about the paper dresses Scott Tissue used to make and misunderstood?

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Maybe she just learned about the paper dresses Scott Tissue used to make and misunderstood?
    I worked at a college that offered a fashion design degree. Sometimes it's just a weird form of art with no practical purpose.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #397

That describes a lot of the things we make.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

oh lord
    someone restrict the Commodores access to the web please
    QUICKLY!
    before he sees info on the new New Warriors
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    oh lord
    someone restrict the Commodores access to the web please
    QUICKLY!
    before he sees info on the new New Warriors

I can't see they done anything or have even mentioned Jubilee, so I'm not even sure what I'd be over-reacting to-

- oh, it is the half-vampire thing?

Pfft. That's so desparately pathetic (actually, all of them are, WOW, I don't think I've ever seen a team of superheroes look MORE trying-too-hard-and-utterly-failing), that it, rather like the vampires from Twilight, is beneath my contempt.

I mean, maybe if I wasn't in an increasing permenant rage state due to the stupidity of humanity at the moment, I might have had a stronger reaction, but...

10. - Top - End - #400
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

I can't see they done anything or have even mentioned Jubilee, so I'm not even sure what I'd be over-reacting to-

- oh, it is the half-vampire thing?

Pfft. That's so desparately pathetic (actually, all of them are, WOW, I don't think I've ever seen a team of superheroes look MORE trying-too-hard-and-utterly-failing), that it, rather like the vampires from Twilight, is beneath my contempt.

I mean, maybe if I wasn't in an increasing permenant rage state due to the stupidity of humanity at the moment, I might have had a stronger reaction, but...
    The author doing it has a decent enough track record. The general consensus is, since the new Warriors are currently working for the part of the Government that is enforcing Kamala's Law (A blatant attempt to either gain control of the superhuman community and/or strip minors and young adults who are problematic to the status quo of their rights disguised as "think of the children," basically The Initiative, Mark 2,) that the new characters names aren't ones they picked but ones forced on them by a Government rep who doesn't know what certain terms mean in context and is trying too hard to appeal to Millenials and Gen Z (and probably calls G Z Millenials)

(Also, B-Negative is a living Vampire, like Morbius, not an actual vampire.)

In Comic News you'll find more appealing, Bleekbane, yesterday's Excaliber reminded everyone that Jubilee can easily kill a large number of people and destroy large chunks of the land.

Do not hurt Shogo Lee, people. His mommy can and will murder you over it.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Pixie in the Playground

Why hasn't Hasbro given us a trailer for Pony Life yet?

12. - Top - End - #402
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I've come to realize that Sunset Shimmer is my favorite character. Out of all of them she's the one that can be tossed into any sort of situation and I'll read to story.

Spoiler: Best Pony
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

The author doing it has a decent enough track record. The general consensus is, since the new Warriors are currently working for the part of the Government that is enforcing Kamala's Law (A blatant attempt to either gain control of the superhuman community and/or strip minors and young adults who are problematic to the status quo of their rights disguised as "think of the children," basically The Initiative, Mark 2,) that the new characters names aren't ones they picked but ones forced on them by a Government rep who doesn't know what certain terms mean in context and is trying too hard to appeal to Millenials and Gen Z (and probably calls G Z Millenials)
    Still, I wonder why they haven’t look at Hellions from Hellfire’s Club, a teenage villain group, yet before realizing that the Ice Queen herself is working with X Men now.
    And they do explain that they are trying to pervert the label.
    I rather prefer Zeta Gundam on rebellion storyline.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

well now
    no more theorycrafting
    no more what if
    the cack just got real

we have admitted our first Wuhan virus case at work
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hope everyone's doing well. I've found I do not like working from home. It's too quiet.

Spoiler: Adorable RD
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

It's annoying and I don't care for it (and never have), but I have to admit that having an extra 4 hours when I am not travelling in my day is welcome.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

17. - Top - End - #407

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Hope everyone's doing well. I've found I do not like working from home. It's too quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    It's annoying and I don't care for it (and never have), but I have to admit that having an extra 4 hours when I am not travelling in my day is welcome.
    I've been able to stream music and podcasts from home, since work doesn't give us wifi access to do anything like that. The extra time from not commuting is pretty nice as well. I've spent the extra time cleaning up house. Actually caught up on a lot of that.

Downside is that the VPN is a messy beast to deal with some days.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #408
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oddly enough this has not been a massive change for me; being retired grocery/pharmacy shopping and doctor's offices were most of why I went out before this happened. I do miss not being able to go out to eat occasionally, but I'm trying to be a little more creative making dinner to make up for it.

I'm exploring the various free options on my Roku box. I think I'm almost ready to upgrade my wifi and cut cable TV.

I had been doing two of my three Tabletop Role-Playing Games over Skype and MapTool, so now it's three out of three. I'm running Pathfinder Second Edition and finding that it's my favorite D&D type system yet.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

19. - Top - End - #409

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I'm exploring the various free options on my Roku box.
    I'm tired, hungry, and just finished my last shift for the week. I misread that as you're exploring various meal options on your Roku box. I was gonna ask where the menu was so I can look it up. XD

I have picked up food on occasion from the small chains here, as all the local restaurants have made curb-side pick up pretty easy. I'm the designated food-getter in my household.

I had been doing two of my three Tabletop Role-Playing Games over Skype and MapTool, so now it's three out of three. I'm running Pathfinder Second Edition and finding that it's my favorite D&D type system yet.
    My games were pretty much online already so this didn't change much other than canceling the Saturday local game. I figure at the rare my GM is learning Roll20, we'll be having our Saturday games online in about 6 years.

I do like PF2.0! I've only played a little bit as an Alchemist, but from what I experienced, it seems pretty fun once you can keep your class abilities organized. I guess this means I should do pony races for it (if someone else hasn't already).
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2020-04-03 at 03:13 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

I am still here, always fear.

I have mostly been venting on Friendly Banter, though, as here has been quiet and by turns either distracting myself by erasing the galaxy of organic life and turning into organic slurry, which would be used for the bio-reactors, but the Cybertanks couldn't even be arsed to make that many, to they were mostly just re-settling organic pops to their machine worlds slightly before the worlds finished terraformign to same because they are just basically [genitals].

I DID finally catch up to the episode of Unexpectables were they did the afore-linked pony one-shot, and it was worth the wait. (It has been a trying week, for Nanny-related reasons that have got nothing to do with the virus, but are directly caused by the shut-down, which is EXACTLY what I expected to happen.) It has put me in a mildly better mood han I have been, at least for an hour or two.

Sessions are basically done until things re-open of course1. NATURALLY, I was about to re-start DMing the week they shut things down, so after six months of furious work on 3.Aotrs (which now runs to severla hundred pages) and just finished quest-writing for my neices AND having all my wargames and thus work-related stuff via conventions cut-out from under me, what I have mostly been all the time is mad. I can seriously rte to MCU Mr Banner, is what I'm sayin'.

The badly-tarnished silver lining is that at least I'm going to have proper finished down to the last dotted i and crossed t in 3.Aotrs by the time this insanity ceases (I'm part way through the last of the currently-adapted spell lists, and then there's just soem domain stuff to do and this will all be close to being DONE).

I am only about one and half starships, one stellar missile and a fightercruiser off havign translated the Aotrs fleet from scratch-build to CAD model, though, so there's that.

1Not keen on playing online via roll20 (though one of my mates did jump the gun a bit and generously bought me a headset) and wargaming itself is kaput, but I guess how long that lasts if this persists form months is a matter of debate. And of course there is ZERO chance of me running on Roll20 or something - yeah, after several months and hundreds of pages (and bearing in mind I've STILL not finished) there is no freaking way in hell I'm even going to attempt to do what I'd need to get 3.Aotrs up and running, that would be INSANE.

21. - Top - End - #411

Being cooped up in my room due to a desire to avoid face to face social interaction isn't that unusual for me so I'm fine. My sleep cycle's screwed all to hell, but considering I was planning to take a semester off to recuperate and consider my options anyway I'm pretty sure that was inevitable.

I don't know if Mom still thinks she had the virus a little while back or not(she had flu symptoms for two weeks) but she keeps asking me if I have a sore throat or a fever every few days... I know it's bad but I still think people are overreacting.

I've mostly been focused on my writing.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Being cooped up in my room due to a desire to avoid face to face social interaction isn't that unusual for me so I'm fine. My sleep cycle's screwed all to hell, but considering I was planning to take a semester off to recuperate and consider my options anyway I'm pretty sure that was inevitable.

I don't know if Mom still thinks she had the virus a little while back or not(she had flu symptoms for two weeks) but she keeps asking me if I have a sore throat or a fever every few days... I know it's bad but I still think people are overreacting.

I've mostly been focused on my writing.
    It's so hard to say if something is overreacting or not you know? Like last time I went to the grocery store I washed my hands on the way in (they set up a hand washing station), again on the way out, and a third time once I got home. Is it overkill? Perhaps. But I really don't want to spread the sickness to my parents.

And besides that, I'm basically just staying at home. I won't go see anyone and I'm not having anyone over either. Just cut as many possible avenues of infection as possible.

So is it overreacting or not? I don't think I have been.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #413

I was referring more to the people who are hoarding toilet paper. It got bad enough that one of the stores in my town is rationing it, refusing to sell more than two individually packaged rolls to any one group of people at a time.

Every time there's an emergency, people start hoarding toilet paper. Some fracking asshat on another freaking continent posts on Facebook that his town is suffering from a local shortage that IIRC had nothing to do with the virus and suddenly everyone in the US thinks that the world is running out of Toilet Paper and they need to get as much as they can.

Pro-tip people: They're never gonna run out of toilet paper. The process of making it is more or less fully automated at this point and it is quite literally the cheapest thing there is to make to the point that saying other things could be used as toilet paper is used to refer to how worthless they are.

If they stop making toilet paper, it's becuase humans are extinct, and even then I'm not completely sure.

But no, every time there's an emergency people hoard toilet paper: Hurricane three states away? Buy up as much as you can carry. The price of gasoline jumps suddenly in one town not the other side of the country, hoard toilet paper.

Do people think that building forts out of bathroom tissue and tiny cardboard tubes will protect them from reality or something?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

I was referring more to the people who are hoarding toilet paper. It got bad enough that one of the stores in my town is rationing it, refusing to sell more than two individually packaged rolls to any one group of people at a time.

Every time there's an emergency, people start hoarding toilet paper. Some fracking asshat on another freaking continent posts on Facebook that his town is suffering from a local shortage that IIRC had nothing to do with the virus and suddenly everyone in the US thinks that the world is running out of Toilet Paper and they need to get as much as they can.

Pro-tip people: They're never gonna run out of toilet paper. The process of making it is more or less fully automated at this point and it is quite literally the cheapest thing there is to make to the point that saying other things could be used as toilet paper is used to refer to how worthless they are.

If they stop making toilet paper, it's becuase humans are extinct, and even then I'm not completely sure.

But no, every time there's an emergency people hoard toilet paper: Hurricane three states away? Buy up as much as you can carry. The price of gasoline jumps suddenly in one town not the other side of the country, hoard toilet paper.

Do people think that building forts out of bathroom tissue and tiny cardboard tubes will protect them from reality or something?
    The toilet paper thing is so weird. I've heard a couple of explanations for it, but even with those it is still weird. Mind you the base thought isn't bad (stocking up supplies so you don't have to go out), but the grabbing all the toilet paper is weird. And annoyingly enough it creates the reason to hoard toilet paper because it becomes hard to get due to people hoarding toilet paper.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #415

There's probably a toilet training joke to be made there, but I'm out of humor. The governor in my home state seems to be okay with the projected 70% infection rate without a stay-at-home order, so I'm wondering how much of my family will be left come autumn.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

The Cybertanks, before the Final War.

Spoiler
    Show

The Vhemm Shipping Alliance (lower centre left) had been bricking itself the ENTIRE game. It was about the second power the Cybertanks encountered, and it was part of the early federation that the Cybertanks first went to war with. Its partner was wiped out in that war, leaving it bordering the Cybertanks. Who then went on to deliberately conquer everyone around it, going right around through the other side of the galaxy, just to mess with them.

Endpoint of the last war:

Until after the last war (since the final phase would not be "war" by any means).

I had intended to totally do a "kill your larrst!" thing, but apparently htr strain of being reduced to one planet was too much for the hapless fools.

They had a reolvution.

Three times!

I had created Space Galt!

This could have gone on, there were 20 years left before timer-out, but it was getting stale at this point (and noticably very slow). No end-game crisis appeared at all (I an I was SO READY for one!) and that was that.

So the final phase was just "we're gonna wipe you," followed by neutron purging their last planet.

The problem with Stellaris is it always leaves me immediately wanting to play Sword of the Stars afterwards for some proper starship combat. Stellaris' ship-ship design system and watching the fightingjust... Doesn't do it (though it's much better than it was when I started). So today, I think, Hive verses a load of humans, but with the unpresedented step of pushing the difficulty up a bit (and not going to insane on number of stars).

(Notably, aside from StoS 1 and occasionally 2 and Stellaris, none of the other 4X have managed much more than a single roll of the dice, except contraversially MoO3. Though I have yet to try Galactic Imperium 2 (waiting unplayed) but for right now, I just really want some comfort-food-level starship combat.)

I have completed the last major sweep of class spell lists for 3.Aotrs. I will have a skim through bard/cleric/druid/sor/wiz, but cursoraily only. So still not done, but it's one landmark closer...

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Well, I have had Borderlands 3 to entertain me. And I've spent some time playing Diablo 2 with my daughter, which is always a plus (at least for her).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

I've been playing through the Battlefleet Gothic Campaign, which has been so much fun. Like cracking a Chaos System that was fully defended in a two wave attack by fighting the fleet, retreating my ships, then having a third fleet finish them off in a second attack.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh*

So, we're doin' REALLY well on the SotS front. Set myself up as hiver against a team of four human and three Hiver (two human one hiver on Normal AI). Off to a great start, no Point Defense tech and I'm right next to the silicoids. Also, the only avenure for expansion? Blocked by a load of Morrigi colony traps, vessels and general stuff, so I can't even get to any of the buggers.

Still, at least my trade routes are building; but I'm now severely stymied by the Gate limit, which caps the max number of ships I can move per round, which increases with the amount of Gates... But I have no more system to expand to, so I HAVE to get to the next tech up to even make headway. But with the trade I'm only third on income, so there's that...?

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    There's probably a toilet training joke to be made there, but I'm out of humor. The governor in my home state seems to be okay with the projected 70% infection rate without a stay-at-home order, so I'm wondering how much of my family will be left come autumn.
    "Having half the States without a stay-at-home order is like having a pee section in a public swimming pool."

Hopefully a lot will be left! Some of my family went and stayed with relatives that live on farms; isolated with plenty of food and supplies. I am working from home for the most part. "Most" because one coworker keeps complaining about things not being filed away in the cabinets, so I have to go in to the office once a week to do that. It's not even something critical that needs to be done. We could do things electronically, but you know how some people are.

I've only gone out for food as necessary, though had to hit a Walmart for a new A/C filter. Walmart had people lined up outside with 6-feet of space between everyone, allowing only a certain amount in at a time. It actually made getting in and out a lot faster, so that was an interesting experience.

Nurse Redheart: "Gotta keep washing those hands tho."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist