New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

(I really need to learn to code the embarrassed face emoji...)
    If you mean the one here, it's :small red face: without the spaces.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    If you mean the one here, it's :small red face: without the spaces.

Many thanks!

I tried so many descriptors: “small blush,” “small embarrassment”... small red face does make more sense from a brevity perspective (need to start thinking like a coder ).

3. - Top - End - #543

If you need to learn more, look over to the right when you reply. Below the icons there's a link that says more, which opens a window that gives you both the picture and the code.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    If you need to learn more, look over to the right when you reply. Below the icons there's a link that says more, which opens a window that gives you both the picture and the code.
    This is wonderful to know: thanks! I’ve mainly been using my phone, but I’ll take a look when I use my laptop next, and take notes.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here's the first three of the requested drawings!
    Spoiler: Thorax pre-Metamorphosis, Engi ponified, Ember staring down a challenger
    Show

Ashely will have to be handled separately as it's a far more difficult and deeply-involved task.
    Request noted, Commodore! I will draw it as soon as I can. I'll need to look up the relevant characters first, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Meto! I saw the drawing and I am very impressed! Good job.
    Thanks! I am glad to be of service. Got any other requests?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    I can’t wait to see this rendition of Thorax!
    ... Where is it posted? (I really need to learn to code the embarrassed face emoji...)
    I upload all my art to Twitter and DeviantArt!
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So... And I appreciate that Manga Shoggoth MIGHT be the only one to get the reference, but it just occured to me that, as I rewatch Supergran's second season on DVD, that the titular granny is "Granny Smith." (For the same joke, one suspects...)
    The rest of you. Supergran. Look it up, it's worth being educated on zero-budget mid-1980s British children's telly. (Definitely the theme song, because who doesn't want to hear Billy Connolly sing about how Spider-Man, Batman and Superman are "a bunch of faires" compared to Supergran. For one, you probably couldn't DARE get away with it just on a IP basis these days. Ah, simpler times...)
    I've heard of it, but the TV show was after my time, and the books passed me by.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Thanks! I'll take Interesting as a capital compliment!
    Surely that is an italic comment. INTERESTING would be a capital comment.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #547
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by meto30 View Post
    Spoiler: Thorax pre-Metamorphosis, Engi ponified, Ember staring down a challenger
    Show

Ashely will have to be handled separately as it's a far more difficult and deeply-involved task.
    Request noted, Commodore! I will draw it as soon as I can. I'll need to look up the relevant characters first, of course.

Tee-hee! Thorax looks like such an adorable badflank in that photo (his chitin looks a bit like battle armor to my eyes; fitting, considering its biological purpose)

The Engi look wonderful: the ponified one is so cute! If the image fits the pixel dimension requirements (I could resize it), would you mind if I used that photo as my avatar for now?
    If so, I’ve heard talk of certain image hosting sites being unreliable: which one would you recommend?

Thanks for sharing your Twitter and DeviantArt pages too: I’ll take a look!
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2020-06-08 at 07:05 AM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well...if you're asking...

I'm currently running a (kinder and less graphic than the source material) Fallout: Equestria game, and there are a few NPCs the players have latched onto. Fortunately, I have good art for them. HOWEVER, they are about to add another NPC to their collection: a cybernetic filly named Bluebell, who I have been unable to find a good picture for. There are plenty of Sweetie Bot, which is a similar look to what I was going for, but not quite the same. For one, she will be an earth pony.

In short, then, a earth pony robo-filly, preferably with a very stylish mane and a blue-white coloration. I have seen enough of your art to trust you can do something cool that I would like.

And seriously, if you want some form of payment, I can rustle something up. After all, the saying does go that, just like a man in a blizzard, artists die of exposure.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Very, very nice. I love it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Orc in the Playground

I did have another idea should it strike your fancy: a Kirin mare in something resembling Jedi robes holding a flaming straightsword in her ponykinesis.

As Miltonian said, if you want payment for this, I could certainly put something together as well. An artist of your skill certainly deserves it!

I'm currently running a (kinder and less graphic than the source material) Fallout: Equestria game, and there are a few NPCs the players have latched onto. Fortunately, I have good art for them. HOWEVER, they are about to add another NPC to their collection: a cybernetic filly named Bluebell, who I have been unable to find a good picture for. There are plenty of Sweetie Bot, which is a similar look to what I was going for, but not quite the same. For one, she will be an earth pony.
    Oh! So the Frozen North campaign continued elsewhere! I was worried it might have died during the GiTP forums shutdown, but I’m glad you and the others are still having fun braving the post-war wasteland.

It’s also good to know that Bluebell may soon have a body again (the recording left behind by her parents was pretty darned heart-wrenching).
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2020-06-10 at 06:58 AM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

*adds to watchlist on deviantart*

Haha, if you need more ideas - do a ponified Nick and Judy from Zootopia

12. - Top - End - #552
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

One of the funniest pictures I've seen in a while...

Spoiler: Banishment in 3...2...1...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553

Commodore, the drawing you requested has been completed and is awaiting your inspection, sir.
    Spoiler: Super Granny Smith
    Show

ATG continues! Here's five further pages of my responses to the daily prompts.
    Spoiler: ATG 2020
    Show

Tee-hee! Thorax looks like such an adorable badflank in that photo (his chitin looks a bit like battle armor to my eyes; fitting, considering its biological purpose)
    The Engi look wonderful: the ponified one is so cute! If the image fits the pixel dimension requirements (I could resize it), would you mind if I used that photo as my avatar for now?
    If so, I’ve heard talk of certain image hosting sites being unreliable: which one would you recommend?
    Thanks for sharing your Twitter and DeviantArt pages too: I’ll take a look!
    Thanks! It's a style I developed when I first drew Chrysallis. Of course you can use it as your avatar! Feel free to resize it.
    I only use DeviantArt and Imgur, so I can only advise you on those two. For image hosting services I'd recommend Imgur.
    Thanks!

In short, then, a earth pony robo-filly, preferably with a very stylish mane and a blue-white coloration. I have seen enough of your art to trust you can do something cool that I would like.

And seriously, if you want some form of payment, I can rustle something up. After all, the saying does go that, just like a man in a blizzard, artists die of exposure.
    Added to the list! Will be fun, methinks, I've never drawn anything from the FO:E universe before.
    I do have plans to set up a payment method for taking commissions, but it's not ready yet. I'll let you know once that is ready!

I did have another idea should it strike your fancy: a Kirin mare in something resembling Jedi robes holding a flaming straightsword in her ponykinesis.
    Added to the list! It's going to be fun, I've not drawn a Kirin yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Haha, if you need more ideas - do a ponified Nick and Judy from Zootopia
    Ah, my favourite animated movie to date, closely followed by the Rebuild of Evangelion series and Moana. Will do!
    Last edited by meto30; 2020-06-11 at 09:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Orc in the Playground

Commodore, the drawing you requested has been completed and is awaiting your inspection, sir.
    Show

Show

These are beautiful! Sunset... looks like she could use a hug (anyone wanna check if Twilight has a free moment? ).

Also, Pillar Mare Sirens are best Sirens :D

Thanks! It's a style I developed when I first drew Chrysallis. Of course you can use it as your avatar! Feel free to resize it.
    I only use DeviantArt and Imgur, so I can only advise you on those two. For image hosting services I'd recommend Imgur.
    Thanks!
    Huh, I’ll have to find that sketch of Chryssi: you have me interested sir
    (Edit, found it: a neat take on the changeling queen!)

Thanks for the advice and permission! I’ll try to set that up some time today

The Engi have always been my favorite bunch from FTL. There is actually a random encounter in the game that’s a shout-out to Pony that involves a crashed Engi ship: I’m headcannoning that this is the Engi from the event (and they’ve gone native ).

Added to the list! Will be fun, methinks, I've never drawn anything from the FO:E universe before.
    I do have plans to set up a payment method for taking commissions, but it's not ready yet. I'll let you know once that is ready!

Added to the list! It's going to be fun, I've not drawn a Kirin yet.

Ah, my favourite animated movie to date, closely followed by the Rebuild of Evangelion series and Moana. Will do!
    Eee! So much cool art on the horizon! Thank you very much in advance for all of it! Please do let us know when you have the commissions system set up ^_^
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2020-06-11 at 11:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Y'know, when I said that almost off-hand, I had no idea how much I was going to need that today.

(It has been a rough couple of days. Among other things, That Damned Paladin zapped me with something again (like another one of her variant lasers or something) that basically spot-welded my bones, so yay, now walking, sitting and meditating are extremely uncomfortable and this could potentially last for weeks, woohoo. Which has rendered me basically out of commission,m so I'm stranded Earth-side - just in time to have to do a lot of crouching and crawling around, because Microsoft somehow made the (2D) printer just stop working for reasons which are completely indecipherable, especially because it works on Dad's laptop and a different printer of the same type (on the same driver package) apparently works fine. This coming, of course, on top of the primary 3D printer being down as well.)

So, ta much indeed.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Surely that is an italic comment. INTERESTING would be a capital comment.
    Heh heh, so it is. :3

Feels really nice to have a working smartphone again. Smoke signals just don't cut it anymore! I should link the photo of my old phone. The battery swelling is crazy.

Speaking of crazy, been in talks with a friend about the idea of Course of Strahd campaign, but in the crystal empire with ponies, and Sombra as Strahd. I'd play in that!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay, meto30! Welcome back to drawing Sunset Shimmers! They look great.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Orc in the Playground

Heh heh, so it is. :3

Feels really nice to have a working smartphone again. Smoke signals just don't cut it anymore! I should link the photo of my old phone. The battery swelling is crazy.

Speaking of crazy, been in talks with a friend about the idea of Course of Strahd campaign, but in the crystal empire with ponies, and Sombra as Strahd. I'd play in that!
    Ouch, glad you have that tool back in your hands. Never heard of battery swelling, but my chemistry education has me guessing it’s no laughing matter. 0.0

Curse of Sombra sounds awesome and hilarious: kudos to the inventive mind that came up with that concept.

19. - Top - End - #559

Ouch, glad you have that tool back in your hands. Never heard of battery swelling, but my chemistry education has me guessing it’s no laughing matter. 0.0
    I mean, it's potentially a fire hazard:

Spoiler: RIP my old phone
    Show

Curse of Sombra sounds awesome and hilarious: kudos to the inventive mind that came up with that concept.
    I'll pass that along to them! Maybe they'll run a game on GitP sometime.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

These are beautiful! Sunset... looks like she could use a hug (anyone wanna check if Twilight has a free moment? ).

Also, Pillar Mare Sirens are best Sirens :D

Macho ponies just work so well. I don't know why.

Show

Show

Aww, that's really cute.

Here's a bit of a bigger request. Can you do a series of pictures showing a dance off between the Mane 6 and their partners? In human form and in period appropriate clothing?

Fluttershy x Rainbow Dash: Roaring Twenties
    Pinkie Pie solo: Disco Queen
    Twilight x Sunset: Modern Dancing
    Rarity x Spike: Mambo (Spike has got to have a rose in his teeth)
    Applejack x Applebloom: Traditional Eastern dancing for the change in pace. (Or just Applejack in a kimono wearing a cowboy hat.)
    Bonus point: Chrysalis and a bunch of changlings doing Thriller.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Orc in the Playground

I mean, it's potentially a fire hazard:

Spoiler: RIP my old phone
    Show

I'll pass that along to them! Maybe they'll run a game on GitP sometime.
    I’m not surprised: there’s some pretty scary stuff in your average lithium ion battery. 0.0 Edit: Did further research: it’s mainly that batteries like that contain flammable organic solvents that can ignite when certain malfunctions occur. Not that I’d want to drink the contents of one of those batteries mind you

Nice Trixie cameo in the photo though!

“The Great and Powerful Trixie will not apologize for the damage to your property. So what if my fireworks display got out of hand: you signed a waiver, do you not recall?”

Curse of Sombra in The Playground would be neat! If it ever happens, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Macho ponies just work so well. I don't know why.
    Agreed. Subverted expectations perhaps?
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2020-06-11 at 09:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #562

I’m not surprised: there’s some pretty scary stuff in your average lithium ion battery. 0.0 Edit: Did further research: it’s mainly that batteries like that contain flammable organic solvents that can ignite when certain malfunctions occur. Not that I’d want to drink the contents of one of those batteries mind you
    I have the phone completely turned off after jury-rigging a way to make the off button work. Will have to find a hazardous waste site to dispose of it.

Well, after turning it on one more time to wipe the thing. I only partly removed the data on there. Need to do a full factory reset. Hopefully the battery is okay with that...

Nice Trixie cameo in the photo though!

“The Great and Powerful Trixie will not apologize for the damage to your property. So what if my fireworks display got out of hand: you signed a waiver, do you not recall?”
    I knew that babysitter's rates were too good to be legit. XD

Curse of Sombra in The Playground would be neat! If it ever happens, please let me know!
    If I see it happen I'll be sure to mention it around here!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

So, apparently the crappiness of the last couple of days were just the lead-up to today, which is the point where 2020 officially passes into Worst Year.

Nanny died this morning.

And it literally can't get more Worst Year than when someone actually dies. That's the official standard. It can be bad, but however bad it gets, there's always a "but at least non-ine died."

2020, apparently, is an overachiever.

So, we knew it was coming, pretty much since she went into te home at the start of the lock-down (at least she went out every week before that) Even yesterday, Mum had a call to say was wasn't taking her medicine seemed to be deteriorating (metnally and physically) and whether to put her in the hospital. (Mum said no, because there wasn't anything more they could really do at this poiint and she was clearly right.) I knew when I saw her last, when she'd somehow fallen out of bed, despite not being able to stand up and being so frail it took the ambulance people a good hour to be able to get her up back into bed. I knew that'd she'd be going in the next day, so I said "goodbye," and no "see you," like I usually did.

But, y'know? That doesn't help all that much.

And ahahahahaha, of COURSE FimFiction is down with a server error. Of COURSE it is. Because literally the worst-case scenario isn't enough for you, is it 2020? Not when you can go that little bit farther to make it worse.

And people wonder why I want to rip the metaconceptual subtance of the universe apart and stake it out screaming while I force into a form that Works Properly.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-06-12 at 04:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

So, apparently the crappiness of the last couple of days were just the lead-up to today, which is the point where 2020 officially passes into Worst Year.

Nanny died this morning.

And it literally can't get more Worst Year than when someone actually dies. That's the official standard. It can be bad, but however bad it gets, there's always a "but at least non-ine died."

So, we knew it was coming, pretty much since she went into te home at the start of the lock-down (at least she went out every week before that) Even yesterday, Mum had a call to say was wasn't taking her medicine seemed to be deteriorating (metnally and physically) and whether to put her in the hospital. (Mum said no, because there wasn't anything more they could really do at this poiint and she was clearly right.) I knew when I saw her last, when she'd somehow fallen out of bed, despite not being able to stand up and being so frail it took the ambulance people a good hour to be able to get her up back into bed. I knew that'd she'd be going in the next day, so I said "goodbye," and no "see you," like I usually did.

And ahahahahaha, of COURSE FimFiction is down with a server error. Of COURSE it is. Because literally the worst-case scenario isn't enough for you, is it 2020? Not when you can go that little bit farther to make it worse.

And people wonder why I want to rip the metaconceptual subtance of the universe apart and stake it out screaming while I force into a form that Works Properly.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Losing someone is never easy, no matter how much you knew it was coming.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Nanny died this morning.

My condolences. I hope the funeral goes OK, but with the current situation I fear you may just be getting more grief on your hands.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

26. - Top - End - #566
    Colossus in the Playground

Nanny died this morning.

My most sincere condolences, friend.

In Liu of sympathetic hugs, a vampire has been slaughtered on your Nanny's behalf.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #567

Nanny died this morning.

My most sincerest condolences, Commodore. May she rest in peace.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awww, I feel for Sunset Shimmer in these drawings. It's adorable, I like it! I've also noticed some of your artwork has been showcased on equestria daily, which is nice to see.

Nanny died this morning.
    Well, that's ****. My condolences.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Orc in the Playground

Nanny died this morning.

I’m so sorry to hear this happened. Take as much time for you and yours as you can. You have every reason to want to impose your fell will on the cosmos.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you, everyone.

You want to know the BEST part?

I apparently cannot even be permitted ONE SINGLE DAY to grieve, without it being subsumed by the black, boiling rage and fury at latest bout of collective human stupidity (the specifics of which I obviously cannot elucidate upon) that I ran across - accidentally, given that I have long since given up even TRYING to follow the news, since all it does is make me furiouser and furiouser.

But no, not EVEN today, of all days, can I be spared that. Not a single day can go by where SO MUCH stupidity goes on that I cannot avoid being exposed to it by osmosis, even when TRYING TO ACTIVE AVOID IT, so as to not waste hours in blazing wrath.

So you will have to forgive my silence for a while, I fear, though know that I am always watching and reading and grateful for the sentiments. But let me put it this way; my Dad is having one of our friends around for a specially distanted-game in the garden under cover of an inflatable gazebo, and I cannot currently even muster up the self-control to go and engage in civil conversation - and less from grief, but more from anger. Granted, the former is almost certainly disrupting my control further, but as things have gone on, that it is becoming INCREASINGLY easy to do.

That, is, as much as I think I can dare say, and it has taken me two hours to calm down even vaguely enough to make a coherently civil post, where I can edit and re-edit (you have no idea how much that I type is ruthlessly quashed and deleted before it can ever be seen) shorn of the immediacy and make some kind of acceptable communication.

I hope your respective days continue several orders of magnitude better than mine (as merely being better would be too low a threshold); perhaps now I have made just the tiniest vent, I may be able to wrest back enough focus to regain some control and be able to actually DO something.

Edit: HAHAHAA! You know what? It gets better! As I sit there to myself, I think, "well, at least tonight at supper time, I can while away an hour or in harmless fun as I watch...

Super...gran...

..."

Excellent, so I can't lose myself in work, because I can't do my earth-job because the 3D printer's broke, I can't do my space-job because That Paladin welded my bones together (hey, it only hurts when I stand, walk, sit, lie-down, move or stay still), and the last thing that was actually giving me some innocent jollies is now going to be an immediate emotional kick to the metaphysical guts that it's only not doing now because I'm thinking in the abstract; all the while 2020 is going "yeah, last night you said you hoped today would be better, and that the only thing I hadn't done yet was literally physically manifest and [urinate] into your cereal, how's your breakfast taste now you [person performing an act of sexual congress]?" in some apparent attempt to make me feel guility (I won't repeat what I have told 2020 to do to itself for that one, use your imagination, it's probably better for your continued sanity).

I would insert A Bit about me breaking a console on the station in anger but, guess what? Stuck on Earth, can't do that! Can't even go take out my frustration on the brig prisioners!

HA.

HA.

HAAAAA.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-06-12 at 09:46 AM.