New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Once Sunset graduates, her 'student visa' goes away. Which means she gets deported back to Equestria. Luna seems to take a less sanguine view of Sunset's activities than her sister also.
    Ah yes, I've just seen the full set on Equestria Daily as well. It appears one of the panels escaped my notice or was not visible to me (I would have sworn I hadn't seen it before)? Anyway, the latter also seems obvious now that it's pointed out to me. Of course Luna is.... less than enthused about Sunset's illegal street racing. And about Celestia's participation in it.

2. - Top - End - #662

I think it goes well past street racing. All the way to the first EqG movie.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Spamalot in the Playground

Once Sunset graduates, her 'student visa' goes away. Which means she gets deported back to Equestria.
    Wait, wouldn't that have to insinuate that the human world acknowledges the existence of pony world and that there is an immigration link between the two?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #664
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Wait, wouldn't that have to insinuate that the human world acknowledges the existence of pony world and that there is an immigration link between the two?
    I think it’s more a problem of Sunset not having any papers at all: they wouldn’t deport her specifically to Equestria, but she would be in trouble.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

5. - Top - End - #665

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    I think it’s more a problem of Sunset not having any papers at all: they wouldn’t deport her specifically to Equestria, but she would be in trouble.
    That sounds more logical. Though, a big portion of the school knows about Equestria now, so I wonder if any of them have been wanting to spend a summer vacation there...?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #666
    Orc in the Playground

That sounds more logical. Though, a big portion of the school knows about Equestria now, so I wonder if any of them have been wanting to spend a summer vacation there...?
    Haha, that’s a fun thought! You wonder how parental permission slips would work (and how many parents would let their kids go after they hear about all the crazy stuff that happens there).

“But mooom, they only had their entire civilization collapse 14 times or so in the past 9 years. It’s safe, I swear!”
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

7. - Top - End - #667

“But mooom, they only had their entire civilization collapse 14 times or so in the past 9 years. It’s safe, I swear!”
    I shudder to think what kind of Equestrian gift shops would open. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #668
    Orc in the Playground

I shudder to think what kind of Equestrian gift shops would open. XD
    Especially if Pinkie was in charge of them.

The post office could sell souvenirs too. And baked goods: “Muffin?”

9. - Top - End - #669
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haha! It would be like Pinkie to have an interdimensional friend for a motorbike.

As for the end of ATG... that’s one heck of a cliffhanger. I hope the principal will be able to help Sunset sort out her many confusions, anxieties, and very real legal difficulties. Obviously talking to Twilight isn’t going to help her figure out how to take care of herself (too much baggage around her). Well, unless Sunset can be honest with Twi that is.
    For the short term, Sunset will be too busy with the constant containment of Equestrian Magic and the Siren Business, which I'd say is both a boon and a curse. She's dealing with problems head-on but as she does so she's running away from the things that really trouble her.

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Sunset Shimmer seems to really want to go back to Equestria, no doubt in part because she really wants to see Twilight again, but she's got some self esteem issues to work out in the coming year. Talking to pony Twilight might help with that. I wonder if she'll make a brief trip back just for that. Though I also wonder if Sunset feels more obligated to stay in the human world because principal Celestia is putting in such effort on her behalf? Could also be that Sunset feels more pressure now, 'cause she feels she should prove herself to principal Celestia too now. Interestingly, Luna appears a little cold/distant, but that could just be because she has a more reserved personality. She does seem to care enough about her students and is perceptive enough to notice that Sunset has a thinking spot, though.
    And I love it when people are interpreting my artwork! :D Thank you, Form.
    Sunset has some mental traps of her own making that she probably should resolve, indeed. Sunset feels like she is under multiple layers of obligation to "commit herself to the task" - which may or may not be very true, especially for Sunset's perception of her relationship to Princess Twilight, if you ask me. Twilight herself is coming over to the human world in just a few days from the point of time of the last page of ATG2020, so perhaps Sunset will have time to talk things through then.

I'm glad you noticed! Yes, within the Meto-verse, Vice Principal Luna is externally harsh but is just as caring as her sister, in her own way. She knows much about her students; she just knows to keep most noticed details to herself, most of the time.

Ah yes, I've just seen the full set on Equestria Daily as well. It appears one of the panels escaped my notice or was not visible to me (I would have sworn I hadn't seen it before)? Anyway, the latter also seems obvious now that it's pointed out to me. Of course Luna is.... less than enthused about Sunset's illegal street racing. And about Celestia's participation in it.
    You might have seen the set of images while I was trying to fix the links, immediately after the initial upload. The random string of letters that DeviantArt uses for image addresses now was the source of the problem - the second page's address had a four-letter sequence that worked out to that certain bean on the female reproductive anatomy that the forum filters did not approve of (and thus kept removing), breaking the link. I made a work-around by linking the Twitter upload instead.

I think it goes well past street racing. All the way to the first EqG movie.
    That would be my read as well. My personal interpretation is that Vice Principal Luna saw through a lot of Sunset's deceptions earlier than most in the school, but Principal Celestia prevented her sister from acting on her suspicions.

A completely undocumented person, yes. Even worse, she can't even provide a history for herself without lying, so gaining her "stateless" status officially recognised is a thousand times more complicated than more typical stateless cases would be. She needs to rely on gaining documentation that does not ask her questions, and fortunately the US has such things (which I'm basing the EQG human world laws on), but they are not easy to go through, as far as I can see.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

10. - Top - End - #670

Spoiler: More Rainbooms on Motorcycles.
    Show

Spoiler: EQDATG2020 continues in the Epilogue, still following random prompts, still continuing the same narrative.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by meto30 View Post
    Show

Heehee! “Darling! Do watch where you put your arms!” “Well where else ahm a supposed to put them t- hold on Rarity? This ain’t the time for fussin.”

Also, I can totally see SciTwi investing in an electric bike (I would likely make a similar choice myself were I to get a bike).

Spoiler: EQDATG2020 continues in the Epilogue, still following random prompts, still continuing the same narrative.
    Show

Yeah... I’ve been Sunset walking in the door in that shaded part of the first epilogue entry. (Usually after a lab or test day.) The mood was set nicely there.

As for the epilogue part two, I found it interesting how Sunset didn’t immediately perk up after seeing that her friend had texted her. I don’t know if it’s just my communication anxiety or a more general trend, but sometimes when I get a text from anyone, even friends, I feel kind of irritated for a moment. If it’s a friend, I usually get over it and enjoy the conversation like Sunset did there.

12. - Top - End - #672

Show

Rarity seems somewhat... uncomfortable on her new scooter. I'm guessing its new considering she seems nervous. Judging from the cutie mark on it (and on the helmet) she really did buy one and isn't just trying it out. Applejack on the back appears more confident, though perhaps ever so slightly annoyed with Rarity. I get the impression she's giving her lessons. First Rarity appeared to disapprove of Sunset's motorcycle riding and now she has her own scooter? Well, I'd say that someone has taken a liking to Sunset.

The apple on Applejack's shoe is a nice touch. Subtle and fitting. I see that Twilight has her own slogan on her scooter and you took the trouble of drawing a little necklace with bowtie for her. Nice touches.

Show

A moment of sadness and reflection for Sunset as she steps into her room; dark silhouet, head slightly cast down. What to do now indeed? I'm not certain Pinkie Pie understands the gravity of the situation, though I often get that sense from her. Sunset seems tired, but happy with Pinkie Pie's attention regardless judging from her subtle smile at the end.

From all the drawings together I get the sense Sunset Shimmer's punishing herself for past transgressions and 'commiting herself to the task' is not the whole truth, but something she tells herself so she doesn't have to acknowledge that. Her friends have forgiven her, but she hasn't forgiven herself. Talking to Princess Twilight (or her other friends) might help a little with that, but ultimately it's something she needs to do herself. Only Sunset can forgive herself; her friends can't do that for her.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still around, by-the-by, still watching, I just really haven't had anything to contribute (and/or have blithered on friendly banter), since nothing is happening at the moment - like, at all - except me playing BATTLETECH. (Though I have mostly finished the 6mm Aotrs fighters and have today calculated that the Murder Fighter cruiser (which will have to be done in six seperate parts) will be the majority of 24 hours of combined print-run.)

14. - Top - End - #674

I been catching episodes of Pony Life, myself. It's still in the "ok" category; I compare it to Teen Titans Go but without the potty humor. It has some pretty good visual gags (and somehow Rarity is even more of a ham).

Applejack's hat episode was probably one of the best ones so far.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #675

I been catching episodes of Pony Life, myself. It's still in the "ok" category; I compare it to Teen Titans Go but without the potty humor. It has some pretty good visual gags (and somehow Rarity is even more of a ham).

I agree. And of all the episodes so far, I think the plot of that one would have been most suited for a MLP proper episode. It would have fit well.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

I tend to agree with your overall assessment, though I'd add that Pony Life avoids the mean-spiritedness that put me off of TTG so that's a major plus in its favor.

Also, Bad Thing No. 3 actually had me cracking up with Rarigollum and her battle with Gummy, so that episode earned major points with me.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #677

I agree. And of all the episodes so far, I think the plot of that one would have been most suited for a MLP proper episode. It would have fit well.
    The ending had me laughing a good bit, and I think that's a good way to write an Applejack episode. I'll agree that I could do well as a 22-minute MLP episode.

"We coulda eaten these things all this time?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I tend to agree with your overall assessment, though I'd add that Pony Life avoids the mean-spiritedness that put me off of TTG so that's a major plus in its favor.

Also, Bad Thing No. 3 actually had me cracking up with Rarigollum and her battle with Gummy, so that episode earned major points with me.
    Yeah, it's nice that they don't fall into the trap TTG did of dumbing down everyone to the point of absurdity.

Oh Celestia yes, Rarigollum. XD
    I was totally taken by surprise there.

Also that cake thing with Celestia. Heh, it is good to be the ruler and TV show host. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

So, it has apparently been THREE YEARS since I last tried subjecting myself to Thundercats.

And apparently, I didn't even get through more than two episodes in one sitting last time, and that was only episodes 7 and 8.

Lichemaster, this is going to HURT, isn't it? Wish me luck...

Episode 10 is called "Mandora the Evil Chaser."

Nggggggggh.

Edit: OHHHHH MY LICHEMASTER.

I forced myself to watch four espidoes. And I do mean "forced," because there was an actual five minute battle to make myself press "play" after the second episode.

I feel like my IQ has halved.

It is SO BAAAAAD.

It's dumb. Plot happens because it does. The voice acting is awful - the only character that sound not horrendously stilted is Panthro.

It's oh my Lichemaster 1980s sexist. Gee look, it's gunny how, outside Cheetarah and the female teddy-bear-robot, that literally every other female in the series is Inexplicably A Human Lady In Skin-Tight Clothing. Or, failing that, a human female face on a plant (oh my Lichemaster that was horrifying, it was genuniely less terrible when it turned into Mumm-Ra).

"Mandora the Evil Chaser" was the worst one by far. (Yes, she's a cop, but "Evil Chaser" is the literal name for it. Apparently, that universe's worst criminal are a functionally a D&D Blighter that was destroyed whole planets (fair), a robot that tries to run over people and is not waterproof and a pick-pocket. *skulldesk*)

*has just defeated two random plague monsters with basically squirt bottle-thing, which melts the Living Ooze and renders this other dude - THE WOLRD KILLING BLIGHTER - helpless when sprayed in the face*

Okay, so, mcguffin spray, well, tht's trite, but whatev-

*Lion-O asks what that chemical was*

"It's an ancient formula, now a closely guarded secret. It used to be called 'soap'."

NNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

I kid you not, that me literally biting down on both fists and havving to stop the DVD for several minutes.

The third one of th trio was ALMOST not terrible, with a plot that actually made sort of sense, something resembling character development for Cheetara, but then was rendered terrible by the final fight and the Thundercats basically doing a "tell, don't show" about how spectacular the battle was.

The LAST episode. So we have Inexplicable Skin-Tight-Outfit Human Lady Villain who is going to be freed from the time prison (so she can share the power of Doomgaze with Mumm-Ra) by a ritual that requires a tear from a robot-teddy-bear, a tuff of cheetah's hair and a unicorn's shoe. Bearing in mind that the unicorns all appear to be wild animals. SO JUST WHY? Who the freak is going around putting shoes on wild unicorns and has been doing so for the presumably thousands of years since this not-Egyptan lady was sealed away?

And then we got to the "just frack you, show" point of where she's paralysied Lion-O and Snarf (I mean, points to Snarf, he was about to go after her and Mumm-Ra unsupported) and then she uses it Cheetarah (who has already dealt with all three mutant goons single-handedly...) and the gaze doesn;t work on her because

please don't say it, please don't say it, please don't say it

she's a woman!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHH!

SERIOUSLY?

I'm like, no, for a kick-off, she's not a female human, she's a female Thundercat, so that makes her (according to google) a she-cheetah at best, but no. on top of the trite, over-used nonsense and casual sexism, we're also doing the humanocentric thing as well.

The real kicker? "Watch four episodes," I says, "and then you've got only to forxce yourself through three next time, and a dozen episdoes in is 20% of the 65, so you're good."

*looks at back of DVD box of season one vol one*

"Hang on, there's like 33 episodes in this volume and there thre more volumes to go, how many a - A HUNDRED AND TWENTY-EIGHT??!?!?

WHAT?

HOW?

HOW does this show have more episodes than Tranaformers?! How does it have two episodes shy of having more episodes than MASK and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors COMBINED? Nearly twice as many as Centurions?!

I... I... don't know if I can...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-07-21 at 08:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ran up to church this evening to help set up our new tent we got so that we can hold services outside and have more people while following distancing guidelines. Got the stakes pounded in, the corners up, guy lines ready, started to carry the big center pole underneath the 20'x40' piece of canvas...and discovered they failed to cut the holes for the center posts...

So we got to practice taking it down again.

Spoiler: Anyway, have some cute Rainbow Dashes
    Show

20. - Top - End - #680

I don't have much to show today, and the EQDATG2020 Epilogue is yet to be continued!

Heehee! “Darling! Do watch where you put your arms!” “Well where else ahm a supposed to put them t- hold on Rarity? This ain’t the time for fussin.”

Also, I can totally see SciTwi investing in an electric bike (I would likely make a similar choice myself were I to get a bike).
    Rarijack is such a non-sensible and contrast-heavy ship and yet such a pretty ship to draw art for, if you ask me. Still, I can't erase the feeling that most AUs where Rarijack shipping happens work mostly because AJ has a non-canon temperament...
    Aye! Daisymane (the Brony Biker who provided most of the bike choices) chose well for Sci-Twi.

Yeah... I’ve been Sunset walking in the door in that shaded part of the first epilogue entry. (Usually after a lab or test day.) The mood was set nicely there.

As for the epilogue part two, I found it interesting how Sunset didn’t immediately perk up after seeing that her friend had texted her. I don’t know if it’s just my communication anxiety or a more general trend, but sometimes when I get a text from anyone, even friends, I feel kind of irritated for a moment. If it’s a friend, I usually get over it and enjoy the conversation like Sunset did there.
    Thank you. :) Yes, I figured Pinkie (especially human Pinkie) would not be the sort to be able to suss out what's happening with Sunset and directly address it, so I had her instead cheering up Sunset by being herself.

Rarity seems somewhat... uncomfortable on her new scooter. I'm guessing its new considering she seems nervous. Judging from the cutie mark on it (and on the helmet) she really did buy one and isn't just trying it out. Applejack on the back appears more confident, though perhaps ever so slightly annoyed with Rarity. I get the impression she's giving her lessons. First Rarity appeared to disapprove of Sunset's motorcycle riding and now she has her own scooter? Well, I'd say that someone has taken a liking to Sunset.

The apple on Applejack's shoe is a nice touch. Subtle and fitting. I see that Twilight has her own slogan on her scooter and you took the trouble of drawing a little necklace with bowtie for her. Nice touches.
    I'd presume Rarity did see the appeal, after all! Soon she'll be upgrading to faster bikes?! I like to think Rarity isn't fully dismissive of the biking lifestyle, she just thought the way Sunset rode her bike was recipe for disaster. At least Sunset now wears a helmet :P

A moment of sadness and reflection for Sunset as she steps into her room; dark silhouet, head slightly cast down. What to do now indeed? I'm not certain Pinkie Pie understands the gravity of the situation, though I often get that sense from her. Sunset seems tired, but happy with Pinkie Pie's attention regardless judging from her subtle smile at the end.

From all the drawings together I get the sense Sunset Shimmer's punishing herself for past transgressions and 'commiting herself to the task' is not the whole truth, but something she tells herself so she doesn't have to acknowledge that. Her friends have forgiven her, but she hasn't forgiven herself. Talking to Princess Twilight (or her other friends) might help a little with that, but ultimately it's something she needs to do herself. Only Sunset can forgive herself; her friends can't do that for her.
    Perceptive! Sunset's predicament is mostly of her own making, methinks, and again mostly in her own head. Still, I like to think there are environmental and issues at play, too. Sunset is very used to forging her own path, alone - she thrives at doing so - but her situation and the unending attention that her friends are giving her are perhaps putting a bit of undue strain on her. She's feeling trapped, but running away will not solve anything, and just put her deeper into her own mental trap.

Spoiler: Rainbooms on Motorcycles!
    Show

Spoiler: I'm sorry, the idea just came and I just had to draw it.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Orc in the Playground

Rarijack is such a non-sensible and contrast-heavy ship and yet such a pretty ship to draw art for, if you ask me. Still, I can't erase the feeling that most AUs where Rarijack shipping happens work mostly because AJ has a non-canon temperament...
    Aye! Daisymane (the Brony Biker who provided most of the bike choices) chose well for Sci-Twi.
    Yeah, ships like Rarijack and Appledash both have problems with realistic longevity IMO (eventually, the arguing would need to be resolved, and strong personalities are involved in each). I don’t think these issues are insurmountable, but the challenge would be real.

Thank you. :) Yes, I figured Pinkie (especially human Pinkie) would not be the sort to be able to suss out what's happening with Sunset and directly address it, so I had her instead cheering up Sunset by being herself.
    Feels perfectly in character to me!

Spoiler: Rainbooms on Motorcycles!
    Show

Spoiler: I'm sorry, the idea just came and I just had to draw it.
    Show
    Love Applejack’s drawing! The ponytail out the back of the helmet fits nicely. Also... Sunset and Tia dancing to Moskau... Dies laughing

In other news, I have been toying with the idea of running a game set in the HOI4 Equestria at War mod universe (WWII in Equestria and beyond for those not in the know) 20 or so years after the Great War, but I was hoping to get Ponythread’s advice on running games on GiTP before going any further.

Firstly, general advice on what to expect is welcome (as is advice on what forum code I should familiarize myself with).

Secondly, I was wondering what systems you would suggest I use for a modern tech level Pony game. I have only run 4e and 5e D&D and Stars Without Number, though I have been reading through the Starfinder SRD for a few weeks.

DigoDragon, I know you have written some Pony hacks for both 5e and Starfinder: would you mind if I used them if this takes off?
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2020-07-22 at 09:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    So we got to practice taking it down again.
    Aww that sucks. Someone at QA needs to hear about this.

Secondly, I was wondering what systems you would suggest I use for a modern tech level Pony game. I have only run 4e and 5e D&D and Stars Without Number, though I have been reading through the Starfinder SRD for a few weeks.

DigoDragon, I know you have written some Pony hacks for both 5e and Starfinder: would you mind if I used them if this takes off?
    By all means, sure!

Speaking of Pony games, I will be running my first session of Shadowtrot today at 5pm eastern time on my friend's Twitch channel. We plan to record it and upload to YouTube for those that can't make the live stream.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #683

Spoiler: Happy Birthday, Ponythread #100!
    Show

Of course I remember this because
    Spoiler: Ponythread C's birthday
    Show
    is also my birthday

Have a very Pony day!
    Spoiler: Personally,
    Show
    I will be running a Pathfinder Second Edition game. I'm treating myself to the PF2 Advanced Player's Guide and the Age of Ashes AP PDFs and Hero Lab Online packages with some birthday money.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Well... Happy Birthday Topaz!

Enjoy the game.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Show

Show
    is also my birthday

Have a very Pony day!
    Happy birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Show
    I will be running a Pathfinder Second Edition game. I'm treating myself to the PF2 Advanced Player's Guide and the Age of Ashes AP PDFs and Hero Lab Online packages with some birthday money.
    Good for you.

I'm basically scuppered on all fronts (and after all that endless work on 3.Aotrs too) until the wargames club re-opens and even IF half my mates are prepared to come out and play (which is a problem for home games too).

Gonna be lucky to get my birthday party (October/November) at all this year, one feels.

At least me Mum and Dad are getting out to Abersoch next week, which is the one bit of stability I have left.

26. - Top - End - #686

Happy birthday, Topaz! I remember an old birthday piece I drew for you once, depicting a dance party.

27. - Top - End - #687

Happy birthday, Topaz! I remember an old birthday piece I drew for you once, depicting a dance party.
    Yes indeed, back five years ago. I still treasure it.

The game went pretty well, as I attempted to confound the PCs with Dwarven Were-badgers. They have managed to surprise me by staying mission-focused instead of stopping to loot.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

28. - Top - End - #688
    Orc in the Playground

By all means, sure!

Speaking of Pony games, I will be running my first session of Shadowtrot today at 5pm eastern time on my friend's Twitch channel. We plan to record it and upload to YouTube for those that can't make the live stream.
    I look forward to seeing Shadowtrot's debut on YouTube! (I was busy cooking dinner yesterday at 5:00).

Thank you very much! Actually, after thinking about it a bit, I realized that if you take away the space ships and reflavor high tech weapons as being magical (magical rifles do exist in Equestria at War), Stars Without Number could work quite nicely for a modern Pony game.

I am working on the beginnings of a Pony hack for the system. I will probably take some inspiration from your hacks if that's ok (ponykinesis allowing you to use weapons with mental stats for starters).

I'm hoping to post the hack as I go: if Ponythread wants to kibitz, that would be welcome!

Show

Show
    is also my birthday

Have a very Pony day!
    Show
    Happy belated birthday! Running a TTRPG sounds like a fun way to spend it.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Show
    is also my birthday

Have a very Pony day!
    Show
    Happy Birthday Topaz! Hope you have a great day to celebrate

30. - Top - End - #690

Show
    is also my birthday

Have a very Pony day!
    Show
    Happy (slightly belated) birthday Topaz!

I saw that kobolds made it into the APG, and I'm looking forward to getting myself a copy once I raise the money for it. I'm not tickled about the artistic direction they went with, but I'm in it for the mechanics. I can just draw cuter kobolds on my own time. Even though I cannot find a group to play PF2 with, I still collect some of the physical books. But that's fine. Someday... :3

I look forward to seeing Shadowtrot's debut on YouTube! (I was busy cooking dinner yesterday at 5:00).

Thank you very much! Actually, after thinking about it a bit, I realized that if you take away the space ships and reflavor high tech weapons as being magical (magical rifles do exist in Equestria at War), Stars Without Number could work quite nicely for a modern Pony game.
    I'll let ponythread know when it goes up! We had a very successful first session, and only a little bit of arson was involved! Yay!

Starfinder's energy based weapons are almost practically magic, and magical/tech hybrid stuff is a thing, so yeah it is easy to reflavor things.
    Digo Dragon - Artist