New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I'll let ponythread know when it goes up! We had a very successful first session, and only a little bit of arson was involved! Yay!

Starfinder's energy based weapons are almost practically magic, and magical/tech hybrid stuff is a thing, so yeah it is easy to reflavor things.
    Thanks in advance! A session where the whole city doesn't end up on fire is a good one for sure.

Yeah, I find that a lot of science fiction owes a lot to fantasy in some ways (sufficiently advanced technology and all that jazz). Not to say that it isn't fun!

In other news, I should have a first draft of Pony ancestry hacks for Stars Without Number Revised soon. I have the ideas hammered out, but they need some touching up to be presentable.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

2. - Top - End - #692
    Spamalot in the Playground

Shadowtrot Session 1 is on YouTube - The Great Coral Relief!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    Thanks in advance! A session where the whole city doesn't end up on fire is a good one for sure.
    Yup. The mission went very well! And nothing of value was lost in the fire. XD

In other news, I should have a first draft of Pony ancestry hacks for Stars Without Number Revised soon. I have the ideas hammered out, but they need some touching up to be presentable.
    I played a little bit of the expanded SWN system and I had this idea of ponies done up using the rules on making aliens races. I am curious how you will handle it. :3
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2020-07-28 at 05:27 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

I played a little bit of the expanded SWN system and I had this idea of ponies done up using the rules on making aliens races. I am curious how you will handle it. :3
    Yeah, to be fair, most of my current experience playing DnD is from 5e and Adventure League.
    Currently, online session has been weird in cool ways due to loop holes.
    Like playing as Spinel from Steven Universe with Hexblade half elf stats playing along side my half Asian (or Shou) ninja and a Viking in Forgotten Realms adventures.
    Last edited by t209; 2020-07-28 at 07:02 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

4. - Top - End - #694
    Orc in the Playground

Yup. The mission went very well! And nothing of value was lost in the fire. XD

I look forward to taking a gander at the stream today! From the Campaign Quotes No Context thread, it looked like you had an interesting cast of characters.

As for SWN ponies, I went about it in just the way you expected! The alien species rules do work pretty well for MLP, though I had to make up some traits of my own to make it work in some cases.

But why talk about it when I can show the first draft?

If anyone has thoughts (or if I messed up the link sharing permissions), please let me know! My next project will be writing up a short summary of the setting I have in mind.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

The ominous Bleakbane-less silence for the next week means either that preparations are being made to destroy the world... Or I'm on holiday.

Which means Humorous Pictures will be wneding there way to inflict themselves on the thread on my return, which is probably worse the the destroy-world thing.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-07-31 at 05:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #696

After the last seven months, I'll take either, my skeletal overlord.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Orc in the Playground

I finished watching the stream a few days ago: seems you've got a pretty awesome group! You GMed them well in my opinion.

The Nebula and Smirkfluff comedy act was a treat, and that move where Oze disguised himself as the target and booked it through the front door, and then changed form again to send the guards on a wild goose chase was pure genius!

Gonna have to remember that if I ever play a shapeshifter of some sort.

As for the fire... I never knew that interior design could provoke such an incendiary response: I'm taking notes in my player psychology book.
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2020-08-06 at 06:38 AM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

I have returnthéd!

Which means, one again, the mnd-slaying spectre of Humorous Pictures crawls into the thread.

Spoiler
    Show

That was the second biggest anchor she'd ever seen.

No pool this years, since the absense of sisters and families meant there was no beach days.

Instead I did absolutely nothing at all except walk, read and meditate, save for maybe an hour or two one day trying look up BT stuff on my tablet.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I have returnthéd!

Which means, one again, the mnd-slaying spectre of Humorous Pictures crawls into the thread.

Spoiler
    Show

That was the second biggest anchor she'd ever seen.

No pool this years, since the absense of sisters and families meant there was no beach days.

Instead I did absolutely nothing at all except walk, read and meditate, save for maybe an hour or two one day trying look up BT stuff on my tablet.
    She's not met Blueblood, obviously.

Which particular anchor was that one? I managed to avoid anchors this year (half the Isle of Wight was closed)...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    She's not met Blueblood, obviously.

Which particular anchor was that one? I managed to avoid anchors this year (half the Isle of Wight was closed)...
    One of two or three at Abersoch near the harbour.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aw, bugger, I'm a little disappointed they didn't get de Lancie for Discord's voice again in Pony Life, but that's ok. I'm also pleasantly surprised to see they actually put together a story arc spanning multiple episodes for the series.

12. - Top - End - #702

Episode 2 of Shadowtrot is available!
    https://youtu.be/gS2mXEs_cJw

The Nebula and Smirkfluff comedy act was a treat, and that move where Oze disguised himself as the target and booked it through the front door, and then changed form again to send the guards on a wild goose chase was pure genius!

As for the fire... I never knew that interior design could provoke such an incendiary response: I'm taking notes in my player psychology book.
    I was impressed that their plan was reasonable. I was prepared for a run-n-gun fight here, but the dice gave them good results and no one was killed. I awarded them some bonus exp for the non-lethal take down and trickery.

I guess I know what color to use if I want a bathroom destroyed. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Aw, bugger, I'm a little disappointed they didn't get de Lancie for Discord's voice again in Pony Life, but that's ok. I'm also pleasantly surprised to see they actually put together a story arc spanning multiple episodes for the series.
    I guess they couldn't afford De Lancie. I did enjoy my fav little blue unicorn making a showing. :D
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #703

CBR posted an article on incorporating MLP:FiM into your D&D camapign. Kind of lightweight, but it's interesting to see something like that on a mainstream geek-media site.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

14. - Top - End - #704
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Anyone have thoughts on the Sunset figurine? Her pose looks a bit unnatural to me, compared to the others at least.

15. - Top - End - #705

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Anyone have thoughts on the Sunset figurine? Her pose looks a bit unnatural to me, compared to the others at least.
    Well, I guess she is clearly posing for the camera, assuming that's what you mean by unnatural. Arguably the Twilight figurine does so a little bit as well, albeit less so.

16. - Top - End - #706

Session 3 of Shadowtrot went over well... up until the end where things to a morality turn that *I* wasn't expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    CBR posted an article on incorporating MLP:FiM into your D&D camapign. Kind of lightweight, but it's interesting to see something like that on a mainstream geek-media site.
    Yeah, not much substance, but pony is pretty maintstream still even though the main series has ended a while back.

Pony Life continues not being bad at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Pose seems alright, but it doesn't feel like Sunny.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

Session 3 of Shadowtrot went over well... up until the end where things to a morality turn that *I* wasn't expecting.
    Yeah, and it looks like there may be some friction between Oze and Icebreaker next time too. Should be interesting to say the least...

Spoiler
    Show
    My hypothesis for why some party members latched onto the critter was because it was pony shaped, and had pony-like interactions with the party: it can be easy to forget how dangerous something is when it has a relatable face and manner.

18. - Top - End - #708

Some MLP G5 information dropped from the online Festival of Licensing, as reported by EqD:
    Spoiler: The relevant info
    Show
    "Next up, the world of Equestria is expanding to introduce a new generation of ponies to a new generation of fans. With more humor, heart, and music than ever before, Hasbro hopes that audiences will be swept away by the new cast of ponies and the incredible adventure that awaits them. Fall in love with My Little Pony all over again when the all-new, computer-animated theatrical feature hits theaters everywhere in September 2021."
    So it looks like Hasbro has moved entirely past the early pitch that caused all the fandom drama last year. Let new fandom drama commence!
    Equestria's my station

19. - Top - End - #709

Pony, please. We'll have both fandom dramas running at the same time, plus at least three others just for fun.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Colossus in the Playground

So Gen Five is still in Equestria?

Reboot or sequel?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #711

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So Gen Five is still in Equestria?

Reboot or sequel?
    Still not known, as far as I can find.
    Equestria's my station

22. - Top - End - #712

Yeah, and it looks like there may be some friction between Oze and Icebreaker next time too. Should be interesting to say the least...
    We have a Discord server to work out a plan ooc, but yeah it will be interesting when we regroup for the next session and conclude this. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #713
    Orc in the Playground

We have a Discord server to work out a plan ooc, but yeah it will be interesting when we regroup for the next session and conclude this. :3
    That's good to hear: I'm looking forward to seeing what the party decides on, and possibly learning about some PCs' backstories.

24. - Top - End - #714

Actual Pony-related musings that occurred to me today.

#1: When hippogriffs change to sea ponies, their back part becomes fishlike and their front part becomes ponylike. So, if you did that transformation to a griffon, would their front part become catlike?

#2: In EqG, ponies become humans and dragons become dogs. It's not a stretch to figure that griffons would become cats. In that case, would hippogriffs become catgirls and catboys?
    Equestria's my station

25. - Top - End - #715

Griffons to cat-people? Sounds like my jam. Though, we saw human versions of the diamond dogs, so I don't think the reality would be as cool as catfolk. Griffons probably just become humans with maybe a tell on them.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh*

So, down to using Nanny's old computer, at least for this evening. Yesterday, a couple of hours afrter my mate was telling me about his PSU dying, the primary idiot keeled over and shut down without warning. Got it back up, went down again. Jusrt like it did back in June (just after Nanny died) and we seeminglu fixed for two months by getting a new surge suprpessor (by a process of elimination which also included changing the power cables).

Having had this rigamarole in June, I through my hands up last night and just took it in the have the PSU replaced this morning (it was, as far as I can figure, seven years old and I don't want to be dealing with months and months of it slowly dying and getting worse).

It might be the motherboard, though, but at this point I said sod it, if I have to replace that, might as well replace the PSU anyway. So (and we're away again on Saturday) I can at least fetch it tomorrow (as naturally, every job takes fifteen minutes longer than the time available, so the place was closed as he did the final tests) and hopefully get some time out of it.

But it means that I can't do frack-all-squat tonight, to add to the legion of Stuff I Can't Do because of everything else (and no email, or at least not without a lot more faffing about).

I did at least cart some stuff off so I can maybe do some BT rules-work (and/or paint mechs) and I have youtube, but... It's just one more restriction (even if onl a temporary one.)

I'd be REALLY climbing the walls without Nanny's unit at least allowing Internets and stuff, though.

I did have to uninstall Norton - Nanny had it on subscription - and WOW does that prove what a bad idea that was. It was running at 100% disc speed and was cripplingly slow (it's been getting worse and worse). Finally extracting Norton's screaming corpse from the system and it APPRECIABLY speeded up to merely "fairly slow" not "skin-flensingly slow."

(Edit: Oh, and before it drives me screaming berserk, can anyone remember how to turn off the "check spelling as you type" option on the forum?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-09-03 at 12:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    (Edit: Oh, and before it drives me screaming berserk, can anyone remember how to turn off the "check spelling as you type" option on the forum?
    Chances are it is in your browser settings rather than a forum thing - in my case (firefox) Options -> General -> Language and Apperance.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Chances are it is in your browser settings rather than a forum thing - in my case (firefox) Options -> General -> Language and Apperance.
    Yep, that did it. Ta. So long ago I last did it, I couldn't remember at all where the setting was and I had to ask the last time, I think...!

Edit, well, PSU is replaced and no problem so far.... Now off for a week...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-09-04 at 04:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #719

The next session of Shadowtrot.
    https://youtu.be/_xN9JYk7a1M

It starts off a bit sad, but the silver lining is that the players handled it well and probably came together more as a team through it. Despite my nervous feelings for the results, everyone seems to have enjoyed the session. Also, that stealth plan was amazing.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #720
    Orc in the Playground

The next session of Shadowtrot.
    https://youtu.be/_xN9JYk7a1M

It starts off a bit sad, but the silver lining is that the players handled it well and probably came together more as a team through it. Despite my nervous feelings for the results, everyone seems to have enjoyed the session. Also, that stealth plan was amazing.
    RIP Slimy, may there be plenty of snacks on the other side that aren't Twinkie's.

I'm not sure the players had much of a choice though: Slimy did have a hunger for ponies. :-/

The stealth mission was pretty awesome, though it may have been a good thing that Lance was sedated when Oze came down from a hole in the ceiling.