New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Back. Did nothing at all, really, while away, aside from the Deep, walk, meditate and read and half a thought about some BattleTech number crunching exercises with occupied a very slight bit of time of useful thought, before it fell straight back into the current patterns. Reading does little now except further stoke the anger, just on different targets. Perhaps I should have stuck to the completely innocuous re-reading of Three Investigators before I felt, but I had thought Mercedes Lackey would have helped a little in that regard, but... Again, never touched Pokémon at all.

Humorous Pictures, presented with no further comment...

Spoiler
    Show

*sigh* Darling, how old is this meme?

2. - Top - End - #722
    Colossus in the Playground

Got into cute webcomic recently.

Looked for pony crossover art.

Was not disappoint.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Rater202; 2020-09-12 at 09:23 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

*sigh* Darling, how old is this meme?

Well, I liked it. Where's that sculpture from?

EDIT:
    Perhaps I should have stuck to the completely innocuous re-reading of Three Investigators before I felt, but I had thought Mercedes Lackey would have helped a little in that regard, but...
    Ah yes, I remember them. I used to like them when I was younger.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2020-09-12 at 10:57 AM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Well, I liked it. Where's that sculpture from?
    Withernsea. (We're 90% sure.)

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth
    EDIT:

Ah yes, I remember them. I used to like them when I was younger.
    I have a very goodly number - I managed to grab a load a few years back on Amazon at the pittance-plus-postage levels. I've got them all up to about 31 (/45) and a couple beyond that, but on doing a little investigation of my own, the very late ones only had a single print run and tend to be either "quite expensuve" or "only a handful of people in the world are collectors would would be interested and they probably already have them" prices.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I made this a while back and wanted to get y'all's feedback on it! Basically on what classes the Mane 7 would be!

https://www.deviantart.com/void-wolf...Pt-1-822173201

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

I just bought a new home desktop computer today.

This was overdue by years, my current computer is ancient and I use it a lot. In the ideal case, everything will arrive in a few days, I'll assemble it, and I have a hardware-complete computer that works perfectly. The likelihood of that ideal case is very low of course, because there are so many parts.

Also, this is the most money that I ever spent on a single day. This calls for a celebration.

7. - Top - End - #727

We'll see if Pinkie Pie is available on short notice.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I just bought a new home desktop computer today.

This was overdue by years, my current computer is ancient and I use it a lot. In the ideal case, everything will arrive in a few days, I'll assemble it, and I have a hardware-complete computer that works perfectly. The likelihood of that ideal case is very low of course, because there are so many parts.

Also, this is the most money that I ever spent on a single day. This calls for a celebration.
    Congrats on the upgrade!
    Last edited by CountDVB; 2020-09-14 at 09:23 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CountDVB View Post
    I made this a while back and wanted to get y'all's feedback on it! Basically on what classes the Mane 7 would be!

I agree with pretty much all of them, though I wonder if Rarity's primary class should be Rogue or even Bard instead of Sorcerer? I can see why you'd assign it to her though, it being a charisma based class and Rarity being a unicorn, but she doesn't really display the kind of raw magical power that I associate with sorcerers. She isn't really a stage performer herself, but I feel bard would reflect her social skills and her talent for persuasion well. Especially if combined with rogue.

At first I wasn't sure about Spike being assigned the Paladin class, but I wouldn't know what else to assign him instead. And he does have that 'noble dragon' bit going in one of the episodes.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I really don't get the "shouldn't have made Pinkie a Bard" arguement in the comments. That's a bit like saying "shouldn't have made Twilight a Mage"... Yes, it is obvious. Best fits often are.

Not sure about Fluttershy's animal companion, though. I would have thought Angel would be a better fit. It feels as if Harry was put in just to get her an strong offensive option so she doesn't have to have a weapon, while I think Fluttershy should be more about avoiding fighting, even by proxy.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2020-09-15 at 11:26 AM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh*

Juist NOTHING can work this year, can it?

I am trying to establish cloud storage as an emergancy off-site back-up (in case, like, the house burns down or something). After some research, and a talk, I opted for Amazon Web Services, which was cheap and I felt, lon-term reliable.

After a great deal of effort trying to understand how to use their Glacier stuff, and stopping where it started talking about having to break the files into batches of 1 meg or something and bypassed my understanding of programming entirely (it was talkiing about running stuff through the command prompt...). Throw up my hands, and went to the regular S3 service (double the price, from infintesimal, to slightly more infintesimal - like, it's 13% of a cent per gig per month at the expensive rate), which has drag-and-drop. Doesn't work wih Waterfox *sigh* so I fired up Edge (which is on the short list of browser purportedly supported, along with Chrome). Dragged everything over to the "bucket" (what you store stuff in) and turns out, a full back-up (not including game saves) is just under 70gig. Okay, fine.

Except that I keep getting a SBOX_FATAL_MEMORY_EXCEEDED error, which stops the uploads. It also tanks the memory increasingly hard - watched in task explorer on my last try for the day, with basically everything else shut down) and it climbed up to 70% ish before I noticed it had given up 25% of the way through merely a 1.1 gig folder with 9000 files.

So, that's ONE MORE job, I have to wait for someone else to get something organised, along with waiting for TheShop3D to put my moderns release up so I can do the release post, the new 3D printer to arrive (as incase I didn't say before, the Replicators carked it), so I can't, basically to ANY fracking work at all at the moment.

Changing the subject entirely:

Spoiler: Lyrical Lance
    Show

I SWEAR to Lichemaster, I did not start out with the intention to do that.

I always do my IS mechs a base of black through grey to white plus other colours on top - so that when fielded in a haphazard manner as they are, they don't look too jarring, and I picked turquoise because it's a relatively recent set of colours (I bought them for the Wodefs) that I hadn't used on mechs before, and I was doing a new colour scheme for this new, complete lance.

I thought that orange would be a nice colour for the cockpits, because it contrasted nicely.

Now, come to the end stage. All my lances, generally a little ad-hoc though they are, each have a little symbol or something and a nominal unit. (The attention actually paid to this in practise is very minimal, but its something...!)

First thought, because I'd been on the Transformers wiki recently was "hey, Top Spin is white and turquoise, maybe I should do like a little red thing a bit like an Autobot symbol!"

No. Turns out that even the rough shape of that is well beyond the abilities of my errant paint brush, even with a brand-new 5-0 brush.

"Okay, so, maybe a cloud, because a lightning bolt is a bit cliche (and also a bit Power Rangers), so, yeah a bit like Rainbow Dash," *gaze shifts to desktop pony cluster; spots Lyra*

*double take*

"I can probably do a lyre..."

And, of course, the smart ones among you will have already realised - Lyra's eyes are orangey!

And, of course, I DID do a Lyra-coloured model for the Xygritts...

So it is ENTIRELY possible that I sub-consiously went for orange cockpits on the basis that I had seen that colour scheme work.

What does it say that I now SUBCONSCIOUSLY pony?

(You will not, of course, that two of the lance are quads, too...)

With a different configuration of the stackable buildings - squeezed out an enormnous length on the back-up printer. (Still only partly painted, because I had to wait to get PAINT BRUSHES to be able to do any more painting on them, since I needed some cheap crappy ones as for some reason, they seemed to eat my last set of 3s alive...) Also pictured, my solution to having to track the movement to-hit modifer for BattleTech: instead of tracking the speed it last moved and then working out the hit modifier, cut-out the middle-lich and just use the markers with the appropriate number of chevrons to straight note the modifer. Idea shamelessly stolen from HBS BATTLETECH.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

*sigh*

Juist NOTHING can work this year, can it?

I am trying to establish cloud storage as an emergancy off-site back-up (in case, like, the house burns down or something). After some research, and a talk, I opted for Amazon Web Services, which was cheap and I felt, lon-term reliable.

After a great deal of effort trying to understand how to use their Glacier stuff, and stopping where it started talking about having to break the files into batches of 1 meg or something and bypassed my understanding of programming entirely (it was talkiing about running stuff through the command prompt...). Throw up my hands, and went to the regular S3 service (double the price, from infintesimal, to slightly more infintesimal - like, it's 13% of a cent per gig per month at the expensive rate), which has drag-and-drop. Doesn't work wih Waterfox *sigh* so I fired up Edge (which is on the short list of browser purportedly supported, along with Chrome). Dragged everything over to the "bucket" (what you store stuff in) and turns out, a full back-up (not including game saves) is just under 70gig. Okay, fine.

Except that I keep getting a SBOX_FATAL_MEMORY_EXCEEDED error, which stops the uploads. It also tanks the memory increasingly hard - watched in task explorer on my last try for the day, with basically everything else shut down) and it climbed up to 70% ish before I noticed it had given up 25% of the way through merely a 1.1 gig folder with 9000 files.

So, that's ONE MORE job, I have to wait for someone else to get something organised, along with waiting for TheShop3D to put my moderns release up so I can do the release post, the new 3D printer to arrive (as incase I didn't say before, the Replicators carked it), so I can't, basically to ANY fracking work at all at the moment.
    Looks like a Chrome/bowser issue - Several versions of it have been reported (and allegedly fixed).

If you are using S3 I recommend that you use the AWS CLI to copy files up and down - aws s3 cp will do single files and recursive copies (for doing a directory tree), and aws s3 sync will do a copy and update in one operation. In my experience it has been more stable than the browser-based stuff.

Check your bucket protections and make sure it is not set to Public Access. You may also want to consider encrypting it.

I usually use the CLI from a Linux vm, but the Windows version should work just as well. Drop me a PM if you want further details (I can't remember if you have my old email or the new one...).

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like a Chrome/bowser issue - Several versions of it have been reported (and allegedly fixed).

If you are using S3 I recommend that you use the AWS CLI to copy files up and down - aws s3 cp will do single files and recursive copies (for doing a directory tree), and aws s3 sync will do a copy and update in one operation. In my experience it has been more stable than the browser-based stuff.
    I simply could not make heads nor tails of that, after looking at it, which is why I gave up and went to the other one with the drag-and-drop.

(It also suggested, like, massive amounts of time required.)

The help pages weren't very. They could really do with a page that says "right, this example shows you exactly how to upload a folder full of, say, photos called, say "Fred's Photos," so you can more or less paste this in and just change the names."

Check your bucket protections and make sure it is not set to Public Access.
    That I did manage, though it was, to be fair, default set to no public access.

You may also want to consider encrypting it.
    That appears to be simple enough to turn on from the bucket options on the S3 console.

I usually use the CLI from a Linux vm, but the Windows version should work just as well. Drop me a PM if you want further details (I can't remember if you have my old email or the new one...).
    May well do, though I will see what they say first, and tomorrow I might try *sigh* installing Chrome and trying it through that as well; since I really just want to be able to drop-and-drag the folders I want to back-up every time I do it, rather than have to do a lot of coding every time.

(Emphatically do NOT want to live-synchronise, nor, despite what the lady I spoke to seemed to think was a good idea, am I going to entertain the idea of switching to cloud-storage only - this is specifically an off-site back-up, basically, as I say, literally in case the house burns down or something. I already back to the second internal HDD, occasionally to the external HDD, to my flash drives and to my tablet (where I can), and I only stopped backing to CD/DVD when it became functionally impossible because of the amount of data - just the critical stuff (nevemind mind the archives of, say, Mum's photos) was reaching multiple DVDs.)

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

AWS s3 synch isn't a live synchronise - it only operates when you run the command. However it works out what has changed in the area being coped, and only copies files that have changed or been added.

The Amazon documentation does take some getting used to. The depressing thing is that it is actually relatively good documentation compared to the rest of the field...

15. - Top - End - #735
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I really don't get the "shouldn't have made Pinkie a Bard" arguement in the comments. That's a bit like saying "shouldn't have made Twilight a Mage"... Yes, it is obvious. Best fits often are.

Not sure about Fluttershy's animal companion, though. I would have thought Angel would be a better fit. It feels as if Harry was put in just to get her an strong offensive option so she doesn't have to have a weapon, while I think Fluttershy should be more about avoiding fighting, even by proxy.
    Well, I am going by 5e rules and while Fluttershy would be the type to avoid fighting, if she has to get involved, she will. She's a support-style character, but she does specialize in handling beasts as her thing.

I just went with the list of animals and reckoned Fluttershy would go with the brown bear rather than black. Besides, Angel has to stay at home and manage the other critters in her care while she's out and about.

I do appreciate your comments and so on though!

16. - Top - End - #736
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    RIP Slimy, may there be plenty of snacks on the other side that aren't Twinkie's.
    I'm not sure the players had much of a choice though: Slimy did have a hunger for ponies. :-/

The stealth mission was pretty awesome, though it may have been a good thing that Lance was sedated when Oze came down from a hole in the ceiling.
    Yeah, the Slimy incident starts as a downer, but it gets better with a big heoric rescue. A lot of dice rolls worked for the team's benefit. I rolled so many 1s on perception checks. The building should have exploded honestly. XD

I am looking forward to this Sunday's next session. Team's gonna visit a church dedicated to the lady of the sun, Celestia. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

17. - Top - End - #737
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Yeah, the Slimy incident starts as a downer, but it gets better with a big heoric rescue. A lot of dice rolls worked for the team's benefit. I rolled so many 1s on perception checks. The building should have exploded honestly. XD

I am looking forward to this Sunday's next session. Team's gonna visit a church dedicated to the lady of the sun, Celestia. :3
    That was a truly staggering number of nat 1s. In a parallel universe, that building was the epicenter of a conflagration comparable to the great fire of London.

You and me both! It will be interesting to see how ideas about Celestia have changed since she faded into myth.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

18. - Top - End - #738
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    I agree with pretty much all of them, though I wonder if Rarity's primary class should be Rogue or even Bard instead of Sorcerer? I can see why you'd assign it to her though, it being a charisma based class and Rarity being a unicorn, but she doesn't really display the kind of raw magical power that I associate with sorcerers. She isn't really a stage performer herself, but I feel bard would reflect her social skills and her talent for persuasion well. Especially if combined with rogue.

At first I wasn't sure about Spike being assigned the Paladin class, but I wouldn't know what else to assign him instead. And he does have that 'noble dragon' bit going in one of the episodes.
    I have considered Bard but I didn’t wanna double dip with main classes. Rogue she had a few elements, but not enough to be her main class

Granted, I did go with Sorcerer because her gem spell is prominent in her work and making things beautiful, plus she is shown using more magic over time so she has the skills when push comes to shove, and all based on gems.

As for Spike, well he is devoted and more or less either Twilight or Rarity’s knight and he’s grown up nicely

I am glad you like them all!

19. - Top - End - #739

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    That was a truly staggering number of nat 1s. In a parallel universe, that building was the epicenter of a conflagration comparable to the great fire of London.

You and me both! It will be interesting to see how ideas about Celestia have changed since she faded into myth.
    Lol, yeah I imagine there was a great Seaddle fire that occured in that district. XD I should think about firefighters in 2054; a few pegasi with rain clouds probably won't cut it in such dense urban areas.

I let the players define a lot about the church, so the results will be a neat team effort put together.

I have considered Bard but I didn’t wanna double dip with main classes. Rogue she had a few elements, but not enough to be her main class
    We talking about Rarity? I liked the social rogue concept of her in the Friendship is Dragons web comic.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #740
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

We talking about Rarity? I liked the social rogue concept of her in the Friendship is Dragons web comic.
    Well, someone was commenting on what DnD class I assigned her in my little project.

I made her a Sorcerer with several levels in Rogue

21. - Top - End - #741

I made her a Sorcerer with several levels in Rogue
    That works pretty well for her.

Her horn doesn't grant sneak attack, for it? I think natural weapons usually don't as they aren't finesse, but she probably wouldn't dirty her face with stabbing opponents that way in any case. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #742
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

That works pretty well for her.

Her horn doesn't grant sneak attack, for it? I think natural weapons usually don't as they aren't finesse, but she probably wouldn't dirty her face with stabbing opponents that way in any case. :3
    She’d levitate her rapier to do so and use an illusion to set it up, especially when combined with Stone Sorcery tricks.

Though Rainbow Dash would hit harder with Sneak Attacks when she decides to stop showing off and gets dangerous

23. - Top - End - #743

Shadowtrot session 5--
    https://youtu.be/QAr8Zrxjef8

There are some nods to the sisters, Celestia and Luna, as well as a lot of good jokes in this one.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #744

Somebody brought a pear-apple crisp to work today (which was raided before it made it to the breakroom), and I find myself wondering how many pear and apple mixtures AJ tried after finding out they were half-Pear.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Somebody brought a pear-apple crisp to work today (which was raided before it made it to the breakroom), and I find myself wondering how many pear and apple mixtures AJ tried after finding out they were half-Pear.
    Perhaps she was just confused for a long time, occasionally gazing longingly at pear produce when out shopping, yet never understanding from whence that yearning came.

... I'm trying to work some lame pear pun into this, but I'm coming up short. -.-

26. - Top - End - #746

Well, I'll bosc in the glow of stumping you then.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    ... I'm trying to work some lame pear pun into this, but I'm coming up short. -.-
    We shall never be in concorde over apple puns, let alone pear ones.

Besides, half a pear is only one.

28. - Top - End - #748

Anjou keep the punathon going.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Anjou keep the punathon going.
    We've got to keep up appearances.

30. - Top - End - #750