New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    as if 2020 were not evil enough already....
    24/7 xmas music station has started today Nov 1st
    (technically yesterday)

now i kinda am hoping that asteroid hits later today and wipes us all out
    I would like to meet the person who genuinely enjoys Christmas carols enough to start listening to them in November and listens to them all throughout December. I mean, surely they must be common considering they get entire radio stations devoted to their tastes for two full months. But I never seem to find any.

Personally, I will listen to Christmas Carols on Christmas and on pretty much no other day. Otherwise it is almost always an auto channel change. Unless it is either new or one I haven't heard before.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I would like to meet the person who genuinely enjoys Christmas carols enough to start listening to them in November and listens to them all throughout December. I mean, surely they must be common considering they get entire radio stations devoted to their tastes for two full months. But I never seem to find any.

Personally, I will listen to Christmas Carols on Christmas and on pretty much no other day. Otherwise it is almost always an auto channel change. Unless it is either new or one I haven't heard before.
    The man who drove me to college?

I did a share ride thing becuase I live two cities away from my college of choice and screw living on campus. Every year, as soon as they started that's all that would be on the radio.

Of course, he's also a preacher so he's very much into the spirit of the Holiday.

I hope he's doing okay in these trying times.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

now i kinda am hoping that asteroid hits later today and wipes us all out
    Do not.

Tempt me.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah yes, the suffering we inflict on ourselves for the sake of tradition...

That reminds me, I should keep an eye out for opportunities to foist pony themed christmas songs on friends & family.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Okay, that Trixie part got me a good chuckle here. She would totally respond that way.

On plushies and hugs-- I mean, sometimes you have a rough day and a soft object to squeeze can be calming. I have on occasion combed Trixie's mane as a way of just distracting myself when I'm upset about something. I lost the tiny hat she had, but it was comically small so I'm not sad about it. Currently she has a unicorn hairband holding her mane in place. So... double unicorn? All the way? XD
    Happy to oblige.

Mane combing sounds calming (for both you and Trixie).
    All the way indeed! The question is, if getting a pair of wings makes a unicorn an alicorn, what does growing an extra horn make them? Other than an odd goat.

Hides in the corner to avoid Trixie's great and powerful wrath at the goat joke.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

6. - Top - End - #816

That would make her a bicorn, which I'm sure have been statted up for AD&D 2E and probably others.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

the station used to start the Xmas format the day after thanksgiving

about 7~8 years ago they started on thanksgiving
    --acceptable up to this point

i think 5 years ago they started the friday before thanksgiving
    --borderline now since that's almost always over a month

3 years ago they moved to 2weeks before thanksgiving

and this year they started on Nov 1st
    8(

in a couple more years they may go for a labor day start....
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #818
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    That would make her a bicorn, which I'm sure have been statted up for AD&D 2E and probably others.
    I'd heard of bicorns from Persona 5, but didn't know much about them when it comes to mythology, so I wasn't sure how they would fit in FIM. In retrospect, that is by far the better fit by naming convention though.

I did just look up bicorns, and they seem to be pretty unpleasant in mythology in that they devour kind and faithful husbands... but I think Trixie is too small to cause any kind of trouble for Digo if bicorns are similar in FIM. (I doubt Hasbro would allow that anyway.)

Edit: I just had a silly thought in the shower: Chrysalis kind of pulled the whole "devours faithful husband" thing on Shining Armor (with love instead of flesh, naturally)... Chrysalis shares a voice actress with Trixie... Trixie has two horns now...
    Conjures the Illuminati eye of providence.
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2020-11-03 at 08:13 AM.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Spamalot in the Playground

Alright, ponies. Today is the big day!! You know what I mean... right, it's the next episode of Shadowtrot!
    https://youtu.be/BWggCN-TJt8

This one has a nice surprise ending. :D

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about that. After the third Mariah Carey's All I Want I just feel like the office radio needs to be thrown in the trash compactor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    Other than an odd goat.

Hides in the corner to avoid Trixie's great and powerful wrath at the goat joke.
    I had the strangest thought yesterday about a fanfic that was essentially Idiocracy, but with Trixie.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2020-11-03 at 01:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Same here (I actually like most Christmas music, but not this early). I guess I'll be using my phone for music until Thanksgiving. At least I've got the new Ponies at Dawn album.
    Last edited by Adderbane; 2020-11-03 at 11:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

My mother actually does like Christmas Carols (enough to continually have them on during the season) but even she has enough restraint to hold off until after Thanksgiving.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not saying the Aotrs Murder Fightercuriser is going to be a big model, but...

Spoiler
    Show

Those are the turrets, stood next to a (half-painted) Catapult K2 BattleMech.

At the same scale.

Yes, of COURSE the primary turret rotates in that housing (that's at nearly fully depression as it is) as well as the housing rotating when attached to the hull, why wouldn't I make a model that big that couldn't move the turret to every orientation...?

13. - Top - End - #823

Somehow I don't think 'cruiser' is quite the right word, if the main turret's that size.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow I don't think 'cruiser' is quite the right word, if the main turret's that size.
    *cough*

Spoiler
    Show

Bleakbane and Storm Cleaver Assault Walker (scale 1:1, 'cos I can do that on a CAD package); Storm Cleaver roughly 50% of the size of a BattleMech. (The model, at 144th scale, is roughly the same size as a BattleMech at 1/285 slash 1/300th)

Spoiler
    Show

Storm Cleaver and Murder Fightercruiser. Which is a small craft, not a capital staship. Also 1:1. From this angle, you can't see the Murder's bay doors, but they are just under the hull there at the front where you can see the sharp indentation. That door is the height of a Storm Cleaver plus a little, since the Murder is an assault shuttle (admittedly a rather big one), capable of carrying a considerable amount of ground forces from ship to surface.

(It also has a (proportional) maneuverability profile that would put it roughly on par with a TIE Fighter, and intertial compensators Lich enough that you can drink you beverage of chocie without spilling it during even the most complex evasive maneuvers. Hense those massive engines and forward maneouvering engines ("thrusters" would be incorrect...!))

Spoiler
    Show

Murder and actual cruiser. (Actual LIGHT Cruiser (Overwhelmer, specifcally.)

(If you squint, you can JUST see not-currently-mini-Bleakbane...)

(Yes, the cruiser looks way cruder than the other models, but it is, rather than 144x model size (not-currently-miniBleakbane and Storm Cleaver) or 300x model size (Murder) but 10000x model size!)

Hull's gonna be a 21h print. Wouldn't even have attempted this on the replicator... Fingers crossed everyone (since, it'll use, like 40% of the real if I believe this, so it's not something I want to - or can - try multipler times to get right, given cost and difficulty of getting filament during this crisis...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-11-07 at 06:25 AM.

15. - Top - End - #825

So it's more like an MTB? I was thinking a sloop, but makes sense.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: 24h 26m
    Show

With turrets, Fallen Soul APC/Boarding Pod and Dirge Wardroid Transport and a totally-not-to-scale Derpy, plus BattleMechs in the same scale.

(Edge of screen far right 144th Dirge unpainted.)

Not perfect - there's a little marbling on the underside, and the very bottom of the upper starboard forward engine failed a bit (will have to fix that with a bit of something or other, not runnin' it again for that), but it will do nicely.

So it's more like an MTB? I was thinking a sloop, but makes sense.
    A drop ship, essentially, so kinda, yeah.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-11-08 at 09:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #827

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler: 24h 26m
    Show

With turrets, Fallen Soul APC/Boarding Pod and Dirge Wardroid Transport and a totally-not-to-scale Derpy, plus BattleMechs in the same scale.

(Edge of screen far right 144th Dirge unpainted.)

Not perfect - there's a little marbling on the underside, and the very bottom of the upper starboard forward engine failed a bit (will have to fix that with a bit of something or other, not runnin' it again for that), but it will do nicely.

Is it bad that I want a video of that in a space background, with a camera slowly panning over it set to Also Sprach Zarathustra?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Is it bad that I want a video of that in a space background, with a camera slowly panning over it set to Also Sprach Zarathustra?
    Bets I can's probably does ya is a group shot with the others once it's all painted. Maybe if you put the music on and walk slowly past the computer screen...!

And would you believe it's still not even the biggest spaceship I've ever done (though it is the biggest one I have personally 100% done and the biggest one I've printed).
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-11-08 at 09:56 AM.

19. - Top - End - #829

My main OC is an earthpony doctor, but when he's feeling ill, he has his own doctor he goes to see, and I'm both giggling and horrified that what I came up with has a bit of influence from Futurama's Zoidberg. Her name's Stellar Wind, for those that don't follow my Shadowtrot campaign (and you should, it's great!)

My Trixie plush got a good surface cleaning. She hated the sink. Hated the vacuum more. I got partial forgiveness for combing out and styling her mane.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

20. - Top - End - #830

My main OC is an earthpony doctor, but when he's feeling ill, he has his own doctor he goes to see, and I'm both giggling and horrified that what I came up with has a bit of influence from Futurama's Zoidberg. Her name's Stellar Wind, for those that don't follow my Shadowtrot campaign (and you should, it's great!)
    Does... does she have a medical license? I don't think she has a medical license....

21. - Top - End - #831

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Does... does she have a medical license? I don't think she has a medical license....
    If she's anything like Doctor Zoidberg, she's really good at medicine for everything that isn't a pony.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #832

Darn you Digo, I was just getting my ribs to stop hurting after everything yesterday.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Orc in the Playground

My Trixie plush got a good surface cleaning. She hated the sink. Hated the vacuum more. I got partial forgiveness for combing out and styling her mane.
    Pfft, haha! I've actually had a similar, though less extreme, experience: a specialist I'd gone to see in high school told me I'd gained weight when the opposite was true... because he was looking at the wrong file. facepalm

"Hmph, you have earned the beginnings of forgiveness human. To further make up for your transgressions, The Great and Powerful Trixie demands scritches and ice cream! ...Or maybe just a trip to the spa next time instead? ...sigh It was worth a shot."

If she's anything like Doctor Zoidberg, she's really good at medicine for everything that isn't a pony.
    That would fit with what we know of her: she was a doctor in a village of Kirin, and I don't get the sense she treated many ponies, though that last part is merely supposition at this point.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

24. - Top - End - #834

She is medically trained, but not licensed. Licensed physicians work in hospitals that ask too many questions, like your identity and why you're full of bullets and where those bullets came from. Shadow Trotters don't like being asked those kind of questions for good reason.

Stellar's background is practicing medicine on kirin in a lower tech village. After her village was "relocated" by the megacorps, she had to learn quickly how to treat other pony types so she can continue to earn an income. She's not as bad as Zoidberg; Stellar's hang-up comes into play dealing with unique pony body parts, like wings and unicorn horns (as opposed to kirin horns).

I colored Stellar Wind. Don't tell Sunset somepony stole her look. XD

Darn you Digo, I was just getting my ribs to stop hurting after everything yesterday.
    Uh... you're welcome and I'm sorry? ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    Pfft, haha! I've actually had a similar, though less extreme, experience: a specialist I'd gone to see in high school told me I'd gained weight when the opposite was true... because he was looking at the wrong file. facepalm

"Hmph, you have earned the beginnings of forgiveness human. To further make up for your transgressions, The Great and Powerful Trixie demands scritches and ice cream! ...Or maybe just a trip to the spa next time instead? ...sigh It was worth a shot."
    I've thankfully not had any horrible experiences with doctors.

I should probably get a proper end table for the office. Then Trixie can sit pretty in the office and watch me fail at Portal Bridge Constructor.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #835

She is medically trained, but not licensed. Licensed physicians work in hospitals that ask too many questions, like your identity and why you're full of bullets and where those bullets came from. Shadow Trotters don't like being asked those kind of questions for good reason.

Stellar's background is practicing medicine on kirin in a lower tech village. After her village was "relocated" by the megacorps, she had to learn quickly how to treat other pony types so she can continue to earn an income. She's not as bad as Zoidberg; Stellar's hang-up comes into play dealing with unique pony body parts, like wings and unicorn horns (as opposed to kirin horns).

I colored Stellar Wind. Don't tell Sunset somepony stole her look. XD
    That's a nice coloring!

Random fun fact: I've got the shadowrun RPGs in my steam library and name my PC 'Rave Brony' in all of them. Somehow, it just seemed fitting.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Bleakbane, while you're kicking your heels while waiting for TheShop3D to get this month's models up (after last month's just barely getting the Aotrs release out on time and now being able to do part of it for them) and it looking like you're going to be chasing them a week on Monday, assuming after the nudge on Wednesday doesn't get anything done next week, why don't you do the TOS-1? After all, it's a T-72A hull with a rocket launcher whichs is basically just a big sqaure box on the top, and you've got T-72A hulls and you even did a scifi version for the sci-soviets, so it should be a nice quick job, right?

Five Hours Later...

*barely muffled screams*

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi Ponythread. Just want to mention for searchability that the 2019 film "Playing with fire" has a huge MLP: Friendship is Magic product placement. You may find clips of this on Youtube.

28. - Top - End - #838

Shadowtrot continues! https://youtu.be/NRZChwplIbQ

This is likely one of the funniest sessions we had. The Trotter team is held by Buckstar police for questioning. It goes exactly as you'd expect a group of ne'er do wells to go. XD

That's a nice coloring!

Random fun fact: I've got the shadowrun RPGs in my steam library and name my PC 'Rave Brony' in all of them. Somehow, it just seemed fitting.
    Thanks!

I bought the SR games a while back from a steam sale, but haven't played them yet. I hope to pretty soon. I'm trying to spend one month on a game so that I'll have at least touched my entire steam library... In about six years.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #839

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Hey Bleakbane, while you're kicking your heels while waiting for TheShop3D to get this month's models up (after last month's just barely getting the Aotrs release out on time and now being able to do part of it for them) and it looking like you're going to be chasing them a week on Monday, assuming after the nudge on Wednesday doesn't get anything done next week, why don't you do the TOS-1? After all, it's a T-72A hull with a rocket launcher whichs is basically just a big sqaure box on the top, and you've got T-72A hulls and you even did a scifi version for the sci-soviets, so it should be a nice quick job, right?

Five Hours Later...

*barely muffled screams*
    Did you at least get a satisfactory result? I mean, so that it doesn't feel like wasted time?

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Hi Ponythread. Just want to mention for searchability that the 2019 film "Playing with fire" has a huge MLP: Friendship is Magic product placement. You may find clips of this on Youtube.
    I've looked up some of the clips and feel ambiguous about it. I do enjoy my little pony references in other media, but I can't help but sense an undertone along the lines of 'Look at these strong, burly masculine men enjoying My little pony. How weird. Ha ha.'. It doesn't seem to mock them viciously though, so I guess it's fine? Anyway, I wonder if they added it to the film because they thought it'd be funny or because Hasbro sponsored it.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Did you at least get a satisfactory result? I mean, so that it doesn't feel like wasted time?
    I'll let you know because I'm still doing the damn thing right now!

(In fact, I stopped for a moment for a break before I have to tackle the damn feet thingy it puts down when it parks...)

Frack, doing the armoured recovery vehicle didn't take this much effort!

For reference, this (which is hardly ideal to work from, but when none of the walkarounds have the MLRS raised, I have to use anything I can see):

Spoiler
    Show

This? Is hard, because without any technical drawings that can help, I've had to do a complicated shape like that by EYE and TRY to get it at least vaguley something like.

Edit: Aaaaaaand four more hours later (with maybe a 45-minute break), I got as far as nearly getting the file sliced for printing and realised that the missile holes are too big, since it won't print the edges at all. And it's now past cut-off point, so that means more faffing about with it ANOTHER day... (Though it shouldn't be THAT much more effot, but it's probably another half-hour/hour that it's not worth pushing onwards for, 'cos I'll start to make mistakes...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-11-18 at 04:16 PM.