New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Spoiler: S9 Ep 15, 1 2 3...
    Show
    Dang, way top be top jerk, Dash. I think she was unnecessarily 120% rude, especially WHEN SHE TAUGHT FLUTTERSHY HOW TO CHEER BACK IN SEASON 1. Ugh.

Outside that, it was a pretty cute cheerleading squad. Shimmy Shake has the cutest hairstyle ever. I also liked that Ocellus didn't use her transforming powers. She said she wanted to be known for something other than that and she stuck to it. Good job little bug. Snips reminded me, for whatever reason, of Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I dunno, but he was enjoyable too and at least tried something to help the squad. Good on Smolder for setting Dash straight on the record. Cookies for the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler: S9 E15
    Show
    but I think my favorite moment was Twilight's hoof bump with Celestia at the end. Subtlety manipulating ponies to teach them lessons in friendship? It would appear that the student has finally become the master.
    Spoiler: S9 Ep 15
    Show
    Heh, yeah, that was a nice touch at the end.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Caught on up on new episode (since I was ninjaing Saturday):

Spoiler: s9e15
    Show
    WOW, Dash. Where to start?

Did... did you forget about how you insisted on teaching Fluttershy to cheer for you way back in season one? Or does it only count when people are cheering for YOU? Because either way, WOW, you were being a massive [Richard] this episode.

Secondly, um? Do your damn job? Your element? Skivving off because you can't be arsed is just... Um, responsibility? Your students, Dash - part of your job is teaching them no, you don't get to decide that you don't want to do this bit. Again, WOW.

Fracking hell, when it takes SMOULDER and SNIPS (fricking SNIPS) to tell you how to do your job?

(Speaking of, Snips and Snails have come a long way, haven't they? Entrepreneur and leading buck-ball star... SOMEPONIES have clearly learned thing since season one.)

Did... Did Rarity just have a whole outfit for that particular cheer squad stord for... Costume emerganies or something...?

And I think Celestia just finally canonised the horn-restraints/suppressors than have been pervading the fandom since day one. Neat.

(One feels her team was just a little bit more... Motivated, frankly. CELESTIA, at least, doesn't need cheerleading lessons, one feels...)

And after all that... Yeah Kim Possible would be wincing a bit, one feels. Dash's last-minute efforts were... Still showing they were last minute. The two lead dancers were still very wooden even at the end. Smoulder was the only bit of that cheer that was impressive, frankly.

Back through... Not even thread, just last couple of posts, wow times have changed...

Show
    but I think my favorite moment was Twilight's hoof bump with Celestia at the end. Subtlety manipulating ponies to teach them lessons in friendship? It would appear that the student has finally become the master.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it's almost like ponies can learn things over the course of nine seasons, isn't it Dash?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-08-13 at 04:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Back through... Not even thread, just last couple of posts, wow times have changed...
    Yeah, hasn't it? The show has been on so long that it's outlasted some of us. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Wow, Ponythread #100. I guess I should probably stop in and say hello.
    Long time no see, everyone.
    Speaking of! Forgot to quote this a few days back. Hello! Nice to see you again!
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-08-13 at 11:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Yeah, hasn't it? The show has been on so long that it's outlasted some of us. O_o
    I know, I'm starting to wonder if by the time of the finale it will just be the three of us commenting on the episodes.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

I know, I'm starting to wonder if by the time of the finale it will just be the three of us commenting on the episodes.
    Could be. It makes me wonder how many of the old guard are still actually watching episodes. Like, I quit long ago, and I know I'm not the only one, but I wonder how many people are like me in that regard.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #66

A lot. The plots have gotten fairly repetitive in their beats, and honestly the series would've been better served moving the Mane 6 to the background a few seasons ago. The two are probably related.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Could be. It makes me wonder how many of the old guard are still actually watching episodes. Like, I quit long ago, and I know I'm not the only one, but I wonder how many people are like me in that regard.
    I watch the occasional episode online (depending on the response), but will probably catch up on them when they come out on DVD.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    A lot. The plots have gotten fairly repetitive in their beats, and honestly the series would've been better served moving the Mane 6 to the background a few seasons ago. The two are probably related.
    I think more of the issue is a lot of turnover in the writing staff. I've also heard that Hasbro keeps them on a short leash.

Spoiler: 2,4,6 Great
    Show
    We did not get to see RD in a cheerleader outfit: -2. The episode was largely regression of her character for the sake of the plot; and it went on a lot longer than it needed to. While Snips and Snails were more entertaining than they generally are, and Celestia/Twilight interactions are always a nice addition, this episode felt below average to me. 4/10.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i am still waiting for this season to pop up on netflix
    since the places i could watch last season for free now require a credit card(doesnt matter if they dont CHARGE the card..cant give em what i dont have)
    sooo, yeaaahhh, not alot i can say atm
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2019-08-13 at 08:25 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think more are like you than not in that regard. None of my local friends watch the show anymore besides myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    The two are probably related.
    Just the other day I was having a discussion with someone that any given show's formula doesn't seem to work well after 3-4 seasons. Gotta chance up the Status Quo to keep people coming back. Or, you know, give the show a grand send off while it's still riding high and then go for a spinoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I watch the occasional episode online (depending on the response), but will probably catch up on them when they come out on DVD.
    I know of one other person who is waiting for the season to finish up and then will binge it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Spoiler: 2,4,6 Great
    Show
    We did not get to see RD in a cheerleader outfit: -2. The episode was largely regression of her character for the sake of the plot; and it went on a lot longer than it needed to. While Snips and Snails were more entertaining than they generally are, and Celestia/Twilight interactions are always a nice addition, this episode felt below average to me. 4/10.
    Spoiler: S9 Ep15
    Show
    Yeah, pretty much everything but the center protagonist of the episode was pretty good.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Just the other day I was having a discussion with someone that any given show's formula doesn't seem to work well after 3-4 seasons. Gotta chance up the Status Quo to keep people coming back. Or, you know, give the show a grand send off while it's still riding high and then go for a spinoff.
    Interestingly, that timeframe matches up with some of the major shakeups in the show's status quo. Twilight became an alicorn at the end of season 3 and got her castle at the end of season 4, Starlight Glimmer joined the cast in season 6, and the School of Friendship was introduced in season 8.

Spoiler: S9 Ep15
    Show
    Yeah, pretty much everything but the center protagonist of the episode was pretty good.
    Show
    The thing is, all the ancillary elements of the episode were done so well that it largely saved the episode for me. The squad themselves were endearing (I feel like Yona was a little underused but she's had a fair bit of focus this season already), the interaction between Twilight and Celestia at the end was terrific and this episode actually made Snips a tolerable character. Granted, Dash's behavior might still pull this episode into my bottom 5 for the season, but it could have been much worse.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

hey uh, anyone have directions to where i can see episode 14? equestria daily doesn't seem to have a working link.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

We wouldn't be, I fear, allowed to link you even if anyone does. All I can suggest is a deep (and careful) search of the internet.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E16
    Show
    This episode was a huge disappointment. It had all the problems 2, 4, 6, Great had, but without any of the other elements that made that episode decent. Twilight was a massive jerk to Pinkie for a very flimsy justification, and even allowing for Twilight's tendency to go off the deep end at the slightest provocation this felt out of character. There were a few mildly amusing bits, but frankly I'd say this was the worst episode of the season so far.

I give it D overall.

My Homebrew

Show

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler: S9 Ep 16
    Show
    I think this episode was solely an excuse to make the "TwiPie" ship name canon.

Sadly, there wasn't really anything stand out here plot-wise. The facial expressions were funny, but similar to Dash in the previous episode, Twilight, the Princess of Friendship, is a jerk to a good friend when it's obvious they could of worked something together instead of just being something more like a season 1 or 2 episode. I think Derpy summed up the episode perfectly at the end.

Spoiler: S9 E16
    Show
    This episode was a huge disappointment. It had all the problems 2, 4, 6, Great had, but without any of the other elements that made that episode decent. Twilight was a massive jerk to Pinkie for a very flimsy justification, and even allowing for Twilight's tendency to go off the deep end at the slightest provocation this felt out of character. There were a few mildly amusing bits, but frankly I'd say this was the worst episode of the season so far.

I give it D overall.
    Spoiler: S9 Ep 16
    Show
    Yeah, similar train of thought here.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane Rant Warning:

I would just like to take this opportunity to say I

COPULATING

HATE

THE T-64.

NEVER have I had another vehicle which is so terrible that it actually transcends it own poor design to infect, like a Weeping FRICKING Angel, its own image with it's fracking foulness, causing a litany of problems: inexplicable refusal to assemble, random mesh errors and just straight "did not print properly for literally no reason" to name but a few.

I have spent most of the fracking day sorting out something as SIMPLE as changing the turret post/hole locking mechanism for the T64B and BV, after starting on the T-64A yesterday.

With ANY OTHER TANK, I would have got all four varients DONE inside a day. Hell, it took my less time to do the same job on ALL of the BMP-1 variants, which included the BMP-1, BRM-1K, BMP-2, BMP-2D, BMP-2K AND their swimming hull versions! It took FIVE printing attempts to get the T-64A's two varients printed.

I'm finishing half-a-sodding hour late - I wasted a good 45 minutes TRYING to get the dman thing to assemble, but no. Oh, wait, that's right:

After the day I had yesterday trying to get the [expletiving] T-64BV done...

*sigh*

The CAD modelling was already done, you see, and all that left was the assembly and prototype printing. "Startses early," I thinks, "and then we can do all the present-wrappingses later."

No.

EIGHT HOURS of wrestling with the model later, between TurboCAD throwing a screaming hissy fit about only assembling the model in an arcane sequence it changed every time it made me do it again, and then Netfabb doing a highly unsual frack-up and letting me down on the mesh fixing (and not opening the right bloody version of the file) and then Makerbot screwing up on the slicing (it took me FOUR ATTEMPTS to print the turret at half and hour each), I finally got the bloody bastard done and up.

Never had so much hassle with a model before and it's not even the freaking actual CAD design. (Still, that means it's about a well-behaved and regarded as the real T-64, zing!)

The T-64 now gets to be the first armoured vehicle to join Vampires, Shi'Ar and Gladiator on my list of Things I Cannot Fully Articulate My Hatred Of.
    ... So I resorted to the desparation of trying to hope and pray I could modify the previous version and managed to force it into working, but not without it crashing out TurboCAD at least once and forcing me to do parts several times.

The only reason thre world is still standing was the massive drag factor of listening to Linkara et al's Voice in the Dark audio-crossever thingy.

That tank is FRACKING CURSED.

So, I don't have time for pony now, since it's convention time tomorrow, which means early meditation.

Frack's sake.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if we're using Ponythread to vent, I spent between Wednesday night and this morning completely without internet at home due to a combination of weather and the fact that Spectrum is apparently run by a cadre of mentally challenged simians.
    On Wednesday, something happened (likely lightning-related) that fried my router, requiring that I have it swapped out at the store. Thanks to a combination of the hours I work and the hours of the nearest store, this meant I had to get up the next day at 5:30 in the morning so that I had time to make the swap before work on Thursday. That night I spent a half-hour trying to get anything to connect to the new router, followed by another half-hour on the phone with technical support, who determined that I had been given a faulty piece of equipment. They then scheduled a service appointment for after work on Friday to resolve the issue. The appointment was for between 7-8 pm. 7 pm comes, and I figure that the appointment was for between 7 and 8, so they should arrive soon. So I wait. And wait. And wait.
    At roughly 7:55 pm on Friday I received a call from Spectrum as a follow up. Apparently, someone at Spectrum had decided that my issue had been resolved (it hadn't) and thus had canceled my service appointment without telling me. The caller assured me they would look into the issue right away, and promised to call me back.
    A half-hour later (and no phone-call) I called Spectrum myself, where I was informed that they had no intention of sending a service person to my home at that time, and that I would have to reschedule. I will admit that at this point I had entered essentially "raging hellbeast mode", but it did encourage them to give me an appointment 3 hours earlier than they initially offered.

My Homebrew

Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: New Ep
    Show
    So basically the same as last week, but with Twi instead of RD. Not really a fan. Sleep-deprived Twilight at the beginning was cute, but not enough to redeem it. Pinkie Pie is probably my least favorite of the Mane 6, and this ep shows why. Whenever the plot focuses on her, her over the topness comes off as irritating. At least this episode had a bit better reasoning with why Twilight acted the way she did rather than Rainbow's "I just don't care" attitude.

19. - Top - End - #79

Good luck on not murderizing the telecom trolls, Alabenson. They really do seem to like riding on the edge of that.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane Rant Warning:

I would just like to take this opportunity to say I

COPULATING

HATE

THE T-64.

NEVER have I had another vehicle which is so terrible that it actually transcends it own poor design to infect, like a Weeping FRICKING Angel, its own image with it's fracking foulness, causing a litany of problems: inexplicable refusal to assemble, random mesh errors and just straight "did not print properly for literally no reason" to name but a few.

I have spent most of the fracking day sorting out something as SIMPLE as changing the turret post/hole locking mechanism for the T64B and BV, after starting on the T-64A yesterday.

With ANY OTHER TANK, I would have got all four varients DONE inside a day. Hell, it took my less time to do the same job on ALL of the BMP-1 variants, which included the BMP-1, BRM-1K, BMP-2, BMP-2D, BMP-2K AND their swimming hull versions! It took FIVE printing attempts to get the T-64A's two varients printed.

I'm finishing half-a-sodding hour late - I wasted a good 45 minutes TRYING to get the dman thing to assemble, but no. Oh, wait, that's right:

... So I resorted to the desparation of trying to hope and pray I could modify the previous version and managed to force it into working, but not without it crashing out TurboCAD at least once and forcing me to do parts several times.

The only reason thre world is still standing was the massive drag factor of listening to Linkara et al's Voice in the Dark audio-crossever thingy.

That tank is FRACKING CURSED.

So, I don't have time for pony now, since it's convention time tomorrow, which means early meditation.

Frack's sake.
    Well that does suck a lot. I've recently be catching some friendly flack for my admittedly piss poor conversions of Warhammer models. But I really suck at it, and really do not have the patience to do a good job.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Back from Other Partizan.

Pretty good show, had a lot of interest, in even Accelerate & Attack itself.

Spoiler: Dad's Table (WW2, shocking lack of Aotrs Shipyards models) - Manoeuvre Group, of course
    Show

(Apologies for the slightly dubious quality of the of the following pictures, my camera decided it was going to take very bright pictures for some reason today, and even after about five uses on the automatic contrast enhancement to get most of them down to even this level.)

Spoiler: Phystyulons verses Xyrgritt Matriarchy
    Show

PHYSTYULON BRIEF

Greeting, kamatros1. Welcome back to our tree in the woods. You’ve done well so far; KALAX is very pleased.
    But now we have another problem that needs your skills.

HOKOLT2?

The Xygritt Matriarchy has recently begun a new phase of expansion. They have launched a hasty strike into Phystyulon territory space, hoping to gain an advantage before the Reunification was completed.
    They overwhelmed Kamatros Orbax’s forces have occupied the Torost system have begun to invade Torost Prime. If they take full control of the colony, they will have a staging ground for further incursions.
    However, they have not had time to fully reinforce their position, as reinforcements have not arrived.

You, kamatros, will take command of the fleet and attack their armada and break the hold over Torost.

1Naval rank, roughly equivalent to commodore or lower admiral.

2Artificial sapience/intelligence unit, used for strategic command, battle interface. HOKOLT units are installed as the computer intelligence cores of all Phystyulon starships and command vehicles.

The Xygritt forces were doomed from the start. Their admiral chose to fight in a dense patch of asteroid and nebula, and further deployed within a narrow corridor, further hemming in their less manoeuvrable vessels, creating an ideal killing field.

(Seriously. I set my mate to put the asteroids out while I set up. After he'd done I said "oh, that's a bit dense, we've got big fleets, let's move 'em around for a bit more space" and moved one of the fields a bit, but he said "nah, it's fine, leave the rest;" he had to deploy first (because the Phystyulon Kantusar Class Disruptor Dreadnought had a larger sensor array) and choose to deploy in what neither of us realised until later was probably the worst position he could have. Convention games are always have that sort of effect (neither of us noticed he'd done it until about bound two when he reailsed he'd hemmed himself in, like charging down a corridor at a machine gun!) But it just tickled me he'd entirely done it to himself, and I'd even (inadvertently) given him chance to to unfrack himself and he'd passed it up!)

The Phystyulon fleet merely had to set up along the death-zone, with the Vistrixon groups, backed up by the Nytwyx bombers and Katorak Marine Fighter Cruiser on the right and the Byraxin Raiders, screened by the Lazer Drones on the left, ready for envelopment.

The Xyrgritt gave the initiative to the Phystyulons, and the first round passed with merely desultory fire. The action that was to have the most effect was the Disruptor Dreadnought locking a jamming beam on the three largest Xyrgritt ships.

Then the fleets closed to attack range, where the Xyrgritt would have the initiative.

In the exchange of fire, the Xygritts scored the first successes, destroying the Phystyulon's Rylorz Artillery Dreadnought and all three Arkaz Torpedo Destroyers. This victory quickly fell apart however, and the Phystyulon return fire toe apart the Xygritt's Hashallaxit Dreadnought - seen here mere moments before it detonated.

(We forgot to take it off before I took the pictures.)

On the right flank, the Vistrixons dived right into the middle of the flanking Xygritt squadron. At murderously close ranges, rockets and the Phystyulon's powerful point defences lazers accounts for two Xygritt vessels.

Meanwhile, the Haoph AstroFighters (which unkind but not untrue sources have unfavourably compared to TIE Fighters) hurled themselves at the Nytvyx and Katoraks. The Katorak's fire eliminated most of the squadron aimed at each of them almost entirely (only the effect of the nebula saved the three of twenty-four fighters), and their damage was minimal. The Nytvyx only wiped out half of their attackers, but the hapless AstroFighters failed to score even a single hit. And with those casualties, the remaining Haophs posed little threat.

On the right flank, the other three squadrons of AstroFighters similarly charged the Byraxin Raiders, and all three were wiped up in seconds before they ever got to firing by the screening Lazer Drones. However, this very likely saved the nearby Artillery Cruiser, or if the Lazer Drones had instead fired on it, the squadron would have taken more losses than the crippling of the central PD cruiser and the loss of the Torpedo Cruiser inflicted by the Byraxin's rockets and lazers.

In the ensuing movement, the Xygritt, unable to flee to GV space, still in the Kantusar's Spacial Disruption Field, clustered into the middle of the Phystyulon fleet. The Byraxins and Lazer Drones on the right, and the Nytvyx and Katoraks - simply igorning the Haophs entirely - completed the encirclement.

Only the Thulagos Beam Destroyers (having emptied their charge the previous round, and thus vulnerable) and the Isanagas Class Missile Frigates (pictured below, at the back, just before they flew through and out the other side of the fracas) extricated themselves from the mess.

(We didn't bother to move them!)

We shall draw a veil over the horrible, horrible slaughter that happened next.

(I.e., we did the movement for the next bound, but then it was time to pack up. I had initiative and was in optimum range for PD-murdering fire with the Phystyulon's PD 10s - while the Xygritts might likely have been able to take out the Disruptor Dreadnought and maybe another ship or two, their casualties would have been horrendous.)

The Xygritt's invasion of Torost has been stymied before it had really begun...

Spoiler: Humorous Pictures
    Show

Diediediediediediediediedie!

Less humorous, more catharthis...

(Nearly-but-not-quite-taken Humorous Picture (because I forgot) - a picture of the T-64s with "you can't see this but" and me flipping them off, off-screen.)

Spoiler: s9e16
    Show
    *looks at watch*

Wow, that didn't take long, Twilight...

This episode is a classic example of how good execution can make an otherwise fairly routine plot excellent.

Because it was fracking hilarious. Crazy!Twilight is always good fo a laugh, and they went absolutely overboard on the facial expressions (and Andrea and Tara were clearly going to maximum ham) it made that fairly straightforward plot (i mean, you KNEW where is was going right away) not matter.

Bonus points for Pinkie's SICK burn at the end there, bahahahahahahahaha! Nice!

Poor Spike, he has to put to with this insanity all the time...!

(And all the returning characters...!)

Cracking episode!

Edit: Glory, glory!

At 2:48 and 5:55!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-08-18 at 03:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Head's up for interested parties - a mate of mine pointed out there is a Humble Bundle for what appears to be the vast majority of pony comics to date up now here for the next twenty hours from time of posting.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-08-20 at 04:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Head's up for interested parties - a mate of mine pointed out there is a Humble Bundle for what appears to be the vast majority of pony comics to date up now here for the next twenty hours from time of posting.
    Just missed it...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E17
    Show
    I loved this episode. The sheer amount of continuity was amazing, from the increased security to the references to Twilight's recent freak outs to Applejack getting annoyed that nopony ever listens to her about telling the truth. Even better, the episode did a great job actually showing Twilight's character growth into somepony who might actually be able to do what Celestia and Luna are asking of her. Meanwhile, the continued machinations of the legion of doom were fun as well, I've honestly found that the episodes that feature them have tended to be the best of season.

The only minor downside was that the conflict involving the mane 6 was something that we've seen a few times already, but it was resolved in a way that actually showed character growth, so I don't really mind.

Overall, I have to give this episode an A.

My Homebrew

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: New Episode
    Show
    I absolutely loved the moment where AJ threw her hat on the ground in frustration. More of the revenge squad is always welcome. The random unicorn supremacist moment was an odd insertion.

26. - Top - End - #86

Spoiler: S9 Ep 17
    Show
    Now this is muuuch better than the last two. Great performances from the baddie trio and some good showing of character growth. Particularly enjoyed the little details here--Chrysalis tricking one of the flamingo creatures that suspected intruders, and later breaking the locks of the Bell lore book using a book on keys. Solid joke. XD

Mo' medallions, mo' problems, am I right?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #87
    Colossus in the Playground

Littleshy FIM has done a really good retrospective.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: s9e17
    Show
    Mmm.

Yeah, the only creatures NOT gluing the idiot ball to their hands/hooves/paws were the three villains this episode.

I'm sorry show, but I ain't buying it. LITERALLY LAST WEEK Twilight had a major freak-out over something completely inconsequential, and a one-line gloss-over does not convince me that "everything is going to be fine."

Twilight is still NOT ready to unilaterally take over, nor should she be without some pretty extensive, y'know, mentoring on the job! Organising a festival is NOT REMOTELY on the same level as ruling a frelling country!

I'm, 95% sure Celestia and Luna just trolling off like it was MLP Loops so they can go sun-surfing or something at this point.

The episode was okay enough, but only the villains (and ex-villains, Discord) really had anything of consequence to contribute (except a good couple of lines from RD). It wasn't bad but putting it right after the episode that so fundementally undermines its own message just made it failed hard. If they had wanted to do this, they should have had last week's episode waaaaay earlier in the season.

*looks back through thread*

Apparently, just me, then.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground

Checking in because someone dropped some information that is relevant to my interest

Spoiler: Future ep/leak/finale/stuff
    Show

R'yeth! R'yeth! THE PINK ONE RISES
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #90

*looks back through thread*

Apparently, just me, then.
    Interestingly, seems just you for the last two episode. Everyone else's opinions were in the other direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    I would have put Twilight's trivia episode a few seasons earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Checking in because someone dropped some information that is relevant to my interest
    Heh, I find it relevant for entirely different reasons.
    Digo Dragon - Artist