New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would have put Twilight's trivia episode a few seasons earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I tend to agree, having Twilight go into full Twilighting-mode over a trivia contest might have worked earlier on in the series, but not in the final season where one of the major themes we're supposed to be seeing is how far Twilight's come and how she's ready to take on the role Celestia is putting her in.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92

Spoiler
    Show
    From what I saw of the episode, I thought it was a lost script from the half-length Season 3.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

And now for yet another episode of "Alabenson develops new headcannons while rewatching old episodes" theater.

After rewatching Top Bolt it occurred to me that Vapor Trail's father looks like a thinner, taller version of Fluttershy's father. Add to that the fact that Vapor Trail and Fluttershy have a number of similarities personality-wise, and it makes me wonder if they might actually be cousins.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Spamalot in the Playground

Spoiler: Season 9 Episode 18 - She Talks to Angel
    Show
    This episode started off dumb. Convincing carnivores to eat vegan? I'm going to assume animals in Equestria are magical and can do that because otherwise there are so many biological issues with that premise. Also, maybe don't remind the writers that Fluttershy was feeding carnivores fish way back in season 1. >.>

ANYWAY.

Oh look, they have zebras in Equestria. Oh wait, that's Zecora. She shows up so rarely I almost forget she exists. Once Angel and Shy switched bodies the episode got interesting. It was amusing to hear Angel'a thoughts out loud. He is one sassy little rabbit. Though not sure the validity of that one comment about Shy marrying Discord. What? XD Hard to tell if he was just being sarcastic or not. Because he's Angel.

Ending wrapped out fairly predictable, but it's a clean end and we close curtain on Zecora winking. Heh, good for you. Overall it was alright. The middle part of the episode with a talking Angel-in-Shy's-body was the definite highlight for me. Everything else is pretty forgettable. Like the writers with Zecora. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: She talks to Angel
    Show

Now that's more like it!

The episode started off a little iffy, carnivores cannot biologically go vegan in any real sense (however, many herbivores can manage meat...which gives good horror premises), but it picked up rapidly once the body-switch happened. Andrea Libman knocked it out of the park as Flutterbunny. I mostly watch episodes streamed on various unofficial sites, and watching the chat go nuts when Angel dropped the "I wanna marry Discord" line was hilarious.

Overall an enjoyable episode, solid B+.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: s9e18
    Show
    Hoo boy, this was one was mixed.

Fluttershy, I know you're overworked, but I feel this needs to be stated. SNAKES ARE PURE CARNIVORES!

They LITERALLY CANNOT EAT VEGETABLES.

They have niether the digestive system nor the dentistry!

I couldn't find anything definitive to say chocolate is outright poisonous to snakes but I gather it kind of is, if not to the same extent, as say, dogs. BAD SHOW, very very BAD!

This bit of the episode was VERY STUPID and also made Fluttershy look like a complete incompetant (or worse). (And let's not even bring up the spectre of repeatable behavior from the Target Audience.) This was unforgivably stupid, a little bit narratively cowardly (oh, don't want to deal with the issue of stuff being eaten, don't we? Well, tough.) And came across as kind of high-handed to boot. Dumd dumb dumb dumb dumb in a way that makes GIR look smart!

I also call complete bullcrap on the lesson, from Fluttershy's end. Angel Bunny is NOT under threat of predation, nor does he has to go all by himself to Zecora's! Hell, he spends most of his time riling up the other animals - the PREDATOR animals - just because he can! I would not be surprised if he wasn't an Incubator that got kicked out, because he was too much of a [Richard] for even THEIR standards! He does abolsutely not have a hard life, no way, no how! He was throwing a wobbly because he couldn't command you entire attention to wait on him hand-and-freaking-foot!

Guh.

If is wasn't for the fact that Angel Bunny is frickin' HILARIOUSLY Evil, this would have gotten a very low mark just on the basis of stupidity. However, Angel-as-Fluttershy was fracking side-splittingly [Richard]ish. Proving without a doubt what a little [excrement] he is.

(I cannot quite determine if his line about Fluttershy wanting to marry Discord was childish teasing with no basis in fact, shipping or mocking...)

I was reminded by this episode of one incident in MLP Loops, where Angel was granted the ability to talk (I think he incarnated as a pony that loop) and almost immediately crashed the loop out with foul language...

(Also - Wasteland Future = Angel Bunny Future.)

I had a couple of hours spare work-time and didn't want to start anything new that required a lot of brain-power (i..e designing new vehicle or working on a modern one), so I decided to start on a project that I've threatened myself with for years...

Spoiler
    Show

Updating/converting the model for my favourite ship.

Obviously, this is just the initial pass, getting the sizes measured right - detail improvement may come later.

(Big test to see whether the skull will look okay at 2.4 times the intended design size - might have to do a test of that on its own first. Since the ship will be a LONG print because of size and volume!)

Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-08-31 at 06:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Colossus in the Playground

Do you have a picture of the ship at a different angle?

It looks weirdly asymmetrical where I'm sitting.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Do you have a picture of the ship at a different angle?

It looks weirdly asymmetrical where I'm sitting.
    Not to hand, but it's probably just the angles at which the wings and pylons are at (because they're foward swept). (Or, if looking at the photo, the slightly irregularites of it being scratch-built about, oh, twenty-five years ago or something.)

Now, that said, there IS some asymmetry to the Liche's Wrath class - the two missile launcher tubes (visible in both images - the short gold tubes on the main hull) are only on the port side, while the starboard railcannon has a targeting sensor system on it (which you can't see from this angle).

But the rear wings and forward pylons are all symmemetrical in attitude.

(When I've done a bit more, they will be more pictures, and eventually a comparison photo!)

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Spoiler: She talks to Angel
    Show
    (however, many herbivores can manage meat...which gives good horror premises)
    Spoiler: S9 Ep18
    Show
    We've seen seafood served to ponies before. Though the idea getting pushed further would be pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler: s9e18
    Show
    I couldn't find anything definitive to say chocolate is outright poisonous to snakes but I gather it kind of is, if not to the same extent, as say, dogs. BAD SHOW, very very BAD!
    Spoiler: S9 Ep18
    Show
    I'm not sure if that was chocolate. Fluttershy said it was snake food made to look like chocolate chip cookies. Maybe she got that part right, though why make them look like chocolate chip cookies in the first place is beyond me.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Updating/converting the model for my favourite ship.
    So what size will the new one be? I can't tell the scale from your photos. And will it be printable in one piece?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    So what size will the new one be? I can't tell the scale from your photos. And will it be printable in one piece?
    Same as the old one (which is about 85 x 67 x 67mm).

It ought to be, though there is an arguement that I might be better printing it in more than one to reduce supports and time - I'll see what the print time is first, though.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E18
    Show
    This episode started off a bit mixed for me. On the one hoof it was nice to see what Fluttershy actually does at her animal sanctuary, but on the other hoof the notion of trying to get the carnivores there to stay on a vegetarian diet while there is so dumb it honestly felt a little OOC for Fluttershy, who really should know better. The way the driving conflict of the episode was introduced, however, felt very natural so I will give the episode that. Fluttershy has been steadily gaining additional responsibilities over the course of the last few episodes and I can definitely see Angel becoming frustrated that he can no longer try and command the majority of Fluttershy's time.
    When it came to the main part of the episode, Angel in Fluttershy's body was the real star. Angel was every bit the sassy, obnoxious little pest we've all come to expect and having Angel forced to contend with Fluttershy being still able to use the stare was particularly amusing. I also liked the idea that the other animals a) realized it was Angel in Fluttershy's body and b) could only be convinced to help when Angel pointed out they would be doing it for Fluttershy.

Overall, I'd give this episode a solid B, it had some stupid elements in the beginning, but the meat of the episode was still good.

In other news, with the series ending, I've finally decided to inflict an old staple of Ponythread's halcyon days upon the rest of the fandom.

I'm ba-ack.

My Homebrew

Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Season 9, Episode 18, finally started watching again.
    Show

I think the writer doesn't seem to know that Fluttershy was okay with carnivores eating meat. It's fine when it is not having them eat other animals at sanctuary but going vegan doesn't seem right. I know it's cartoon, but that felt like 7 Pound's portraying "vegan dog" as a good thing despite multiple pet abuse cases around malnutrition resulting from that line of thought.
    Last edited by t209; 2019-09-01 at 03:39 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Had to actually sort of admit defeat with the Liche's Wrath. Doing it one piece would have been 5h 43m print. So I broke it up into six chuncks, which will be printed in four goes (three just over two hours and one 50m). Obviosuly doens't save time, but it means if summat fracks up, it's far less time lost (and it also means that the wings, being printed vertically, can have better details. (I'm not printing the wings horizontally, by the by, because that would one side a bit manky because of the support and it'd be too visible.)

couldn't put on on, though, as Dad has had to try and print something for the caravan (and the first four-hour print wasn't even right). But while milling around, I went "sod it, brain complete blank for next fleet-slash-ground force," and have started working through all Aotrs ship models previously existant in scratch-built only format; both the Subterfuge and the Frostbeam done.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Just finished reading "Bug on a Stick", which is probably one of the best fanfics I've read in a while. Tiny Princesses and baby Chrysalis antics are the most adorable things ever. This pretty much sets the premise.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Got the Aotrs ships done before I start on my next job.

Spoiler
    Show

Liche's Wrath parts. In the ened I did it as four prints - the main hull, the upper and lower wings and the lower pylon. It actually took more like eight hours than below six, but it meant it was one fifty minutes and three just-over-two-hour prints. Which means less problems if you frack it up.

Which I did, of course, and only realised AFTER I'd started sticking it together that I'd managed to skip subtracting the post hole solid on the main hull. Still, in the 'Wrath's specific case, it hardly matters, since it stands on it own anyway...!

Took a couple more goes before I had the Subterfuge and Frostbeam to my satisfaction. The first try I got the horizontal dimentions about right, but they looked like they'd been squashed; took two more iterations before I got them to more like a sensible height.

Subterfuge Scoutship

Frostbeam Corvette

The biggest annoyance was actually trying to plonk it on something that was about the right height to the old model - which naturally, was a height that nothing would actually come close to without actually basic properly (which I don't have time for today, though I nearly might as well have) - in the end, I bluetacked it onto the backdrop holder...!

And for reference: Here's One I Made Earlier, the Shadowfang (Mk 1) I did ages ago as a test to see how possible it was to do this sort of thing

Gonna start updating the rest of the old scratch-built ships as I get some free time between moderns stuff, at least until I get some ground force ideas.

(Also there are dark rumours about a Mk 2 Enrager, but that havfe to wait until I can get some more than theorhetical discussions...!)

Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-09-06 at 02:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Got the Aotrs ships done before I start on my next job.
    You seem to have some duplicate pictures in that lot (Liche's Wrath comparison 02-X3.jpg appears three times).

Spoiler
    Show
    Exploded diagram or doing a Pinkie?
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    You seem to have some duplicate pictures in that lot (Liche's Wrath comparison 02-X3.jpg appears three times).
    I am teh stupids, plus it's been that sort of last two days. (Fixed.)

Just today, Mum and Dad went away for a long weekend this morning, barely out of the crypt when Dad calls to say he's managed to bash the caravan and bust one of the windows (though not badly enough to to make them come home, so... Also, it was the windw some little expletive scratch a swirly shape on a year or tow ago, so silver lining...)

And I to work on the FV438, a variant of the FV432 APC, which Dad had finally found a technical drawing for - except the drawing is, of course, not even conistsnt between itself, so I've had to basically try and do most if it by eyeglow (which of course takes some much longer) AND of COURSE, the complex side of the pod (as far as I can tell, it's not actually a turret) where the missiles are is the one but nobody has any decent pictures of...

Also, Photos has, in the last 24 hours, had some sort of up date so that the delete confirmation screen now has a frack-off giant "don't show this again" tick box at the top of it, and it does not highlight the delete button; so instead of being able to hit "delete" and then return to confirm, I know have to either go 2delete-tab-return" or turn on the delete confirmation (which I don't want to do) and risk misclicks both ways (i.e. delete something I don't want and have to rescue it OR, because Photos is stupid and I accidently hit return, Photos takes me to its home menu with no way back.

FOR FRACK's SAKE Microsoft. I just want something I can select right-click open so that I can view my photos in a scrollable fashion so I can select which ones I one to delete of a batch, HOW do you keep making it more tedious? You took away "open with" for multiple selections, you complete screwed File Information until the most recent feature update somehow becdause you borked search and now this. YE GODS, it's not the moon of a frelling stick I'm asking for, just the most BASIC photo feature I can think of, picking which photos out of a load you took you want to keep! How can you keep managing to frack that up!

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth
    Exploded diagram or doing a Pinkie?
    Yes.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pony TRPG news: One of the old ones, Courage is Magic, was taken down years ago; it's now back in a new second edition with a new group of developers.

Links have been added in the list.
    Last edited by Topaz; 2019-09-06 at 04:50 PM.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Aotrs Commander: I see. Each of those thick wings have tubes at their end, and the tubes are either thin or ridged, so it would be hard to make any wing by molding too. And those spikes contribute essentially to the style of ship, so this is not easy to change by redesigning. Do the tubes on the four main wings represent weapons, or are those the thruster engines?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Aotrs Commander: I see. Each of those thick wings have tubes at their end, and the tubes are either thin or ridged, so it would be hard to make any wing by molding too. And those spikes contribute essentially to the style of ship, so this is not easy to change by redesigning.
    Advantage of 3D printing - you can do stuff you couldn't ever mold. The ulimate one being the SSA Nomad transport.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas
    Do the tubes on the four main wings represent weapons, or are those the thruster engines?
    All weapons - primary coldbeam cannons on the wings, two rail cannons on the fuselage, and eight plasma-pulse cannons on the pylons. (The little blisters are the secondary coldbeam turrets - the barrels are too small to model, as are the PD guns, given they'd all be well below the 1mm = 10m scale.)

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Pony TRPG news: One of the old ones, Courage is Magic, was taken down years ago; it's now back in a new second edition with a new group of developers.

Links have been added in the list.
    Here's a relevant topic--how many of us still play Pony-based RPGs? I've been fairly lucky to still participate in a few, though they're not very active at the moment, save for one--the consistent campaign currently is a sort of cyberpunk pony setting using GURPS as the engine.

I've mulled over running a short campaign lately, with one of two premises; either exploring a mysterious island or abducted by an alien ship that's malfunctioning and needs help.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #113

I mostly do FFRPG these days.

As I get older, I find most character creation systems a little... limiting.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Here's a relevant topic--how many of us still play Pony-based RPGs? I've been fairly lucky to still participate in a few, though they're not very active at the moment, save for one--the consistent campaign currently is a sort of cyberpunk pony setting using GURPS as the engine.

I've mulled over running a short campaign lately, with one of two premises; either exploring a mysterious island or abducted by an alien ship that's malfunctioning and needs help.
    Never played one, but then again, the current starfinder campaign we're doing on Mondays is the first time I've had chance to generate a proper character (I'm not really counting Sidewinder D20 as there's nothing really to it, nor dungeonCrawl Classics where it was all dice-rolls) as I spend the majority of the time DMing anyway. (Nor are my lot especially pony-fans.) That one Dreemaenhyll party (that predates pony) with the unicorn dragon shaman is about the closest, but by no stretch of the imagination is she "little."

Heck, it has taken since about FEBURARY to write my birthday quest for my 40th this year (albeit a grand two-parter that will cap off the party which will be over twenty years old).

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm in a Ponyfinder game. We're currently in Not!Celestia's entourage (who isn't yet queen yet at this point in the timeline).
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I mostly do FFRPG these days.
    As I get older, I find most character creation systems a little... limiting.
    I find FF to be a bit too chaotic myself. Guess it's all about the GM and party you have and how well they can work together on the narrative. Seems like you got it working in your favor though, and that's good. :3

Never played one, but then again, the current starfinder campaign we're doing on Mondays is the first time I've had chance to generate a proper character (I'm not really counting Sidewinder D20 as there's nothing really to it, nor dungeonCrawl Classics where it was all dice-rolls) as I spend the majority of the time DMing anyway. (Nor are my lot especially pony-fans.) That one Dreemaenhyll party (that predates pony) with the unicorn dragon shaman is about the closest, but by no stretch of the imagination is she "little."
    I tried to run Starfinder for a local group and while they really enjoyed it, they had the attention span of goldfish and ran off to play D&D after about 3 sessions. Sad. But the neat thing of Starfinder is that I could just let the players invent their own alien races and we'd work them into the campaign setting together. Amusing we still had one token human with that setup. :3

For fun I created an earth pony race as basically uplifted horses from Earth that was used as cheap labor for new colonies until they sued Earth for rights and won in galactic court.

Heck, it has taken since about FEBURARY to write my birthday quest for my 40th this year (albeit a grand two-parter that will cap off the party which will be over twenty years old).
    That's a well-aged party. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    I'm in a Ponyfinder game. We're currently in Not!Celestia's entourage (who isn't yet queen yet at this point in the timeline).
    Oh that's neat. so like a prequel timeline!
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-09-07 at 10:54 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E19
    Show
    Alabenson will be back with a proper review sometime later today, right now he's too busy running in circles chanting "its cannon suckers". In any event, I take it he enjoyed it.

My Homebrew

Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: S9E19: Marshmelodrama, the episode
    Show
    Another great episode. I'll never get tired of Rarity being overdramatic. Notable moments are her confused "hello?" just before the opening, and her montage without spike where she tries to eat her cucumber eye thing in the spa. The bit with her playing O&O with Spike was great; she just seemed so genuinely happy right there.

The only complaint with the episode is it mostly returns to the status quo; this would've been a good moment to resolve Spike's feelings for her one way or the other. Maybe in the finale, but I doubt it. 8/10, greatly looking forward to the Totally Legit Recap for this one.

29. - Top - End - #119

I find FF to be a bit too chaotic myself. Guess it's all about the GM and party you have and how well they can work together on the narrative. Seems like you got it working in your favor though, and that's good. :3
    Kinda. Got chased out of one recently over creative differences(and thats all I have to say about that) and a Runaways inspired game I tried to run on another forum about a year ago died due to half the players dropping out and the others not being able to participate to the degree I wanted.

There was some interest in restarting it a bit ago, but when I realized I had the time and double checked only the one was still interested, so...
    Spoiler: Details because I like sharring
    Show
    It was set in the Marvel Universe, based mostly but not exclusively on the main comics.

The players would have been teens and adolescents who were orphans, runaways, or otherwise estranged for their parents or guardians and who each had something "special" about their DNA or physiology.

Not just "has powers" but things like "My empathetic abilities are because I'm a mutant who survived the Shi'ar massacre of the Grey Family" or "I am Shapeshifting Demigod" or "a freak accident turned me into a being of living crystallized vibranium" to use some of the examples of players who applied.

And also kidnapped by some facility who was very interested in the secrets in the kid's bodies--the plan was to reveal that the head of the facility was an Apocalypse Cultist who was trying to create a "perfect" vessel as an offering. A body strong enough to hold Apocalypse's indefinitely without burning out from his raw power, and preferable that had abillities that would add to or compliment his own.

The story would have involved the kids escaping after one of them overhears that vivisection is next on the docket, and fleeing into a nearby city... Only to find out that the land the city is on is owned by the man who runs the facility and that basically the entire local government and the service providers were all on his payroll. The PCs would have had to survive in the city, off the grid, long enough to escape, get a message out to the Avengers or the X-Men or something, or take on the facility themselves...

But there'd be a complication: In the same containment area as the PCs would be an OC of mine, an Inhuman Hybrid named Charlotte Webber. Charlotte's power, to the layman, appears to be that she can change into a spider-like humanoid(Yes. She's a spider named Charlotte. Laugh it up.) However, Charlotte's real power is that she absorbs mutagens and contains them in an alternate form.

Drop her in Goblin Formula, for example, and it would have no direct effect on her. Instead, her alternate form would get goblin powers. As a bonus, the mechanics of her absorbing the formula's mutagenic effect means she doesn't go crazy. However, as a trade-off, her alternate form's goblin powers are drastically reduced from the normal effect. This applies to almost every mutagen, excepting Terragen and it's analogs(which affect her like they affect all Inhumans,) the True Super Soldier Serum(effect depends on what else she's absorbed,) and Mothervine(a virus originally from the Ultimate Universe that made it's the way to the main universe. Turns humans into mutants, giving/activating the X-Gene, and gives natural mutants powerful but potentially unstable Secondary Mutations. IT's basically a game of superpowered Russian rulet. Wolfsbane gained longer claws and added a pack of five wolves to her list of forms. Toad got the power to light his tongue on fire. Those are good secondary mutations. Sebastion Shaw, on the other hand, got his energy absortion powers cranked up to the point that he was basically a god... Then accidentally started draining the energy from his own cells and couldn't turn it off, essentially rendering him crippled and condemning himself to a slow and agonizing death.)

During the escape, the PCs and Charlotte would have ended up in a fight with the head of the facility, who himself was a physically imposing mutant, in a lab full of Mutagens--including both Terragen Mist and a sample of Mothervine.

One or both would have been broken and given them an opening to escape as the facility head would be capped by a debilitating secondary mutation, the sudden onset of M-Pox, or both, but Charlotte would have been exposed too and the PCs would have been forced to leave her behind--either she'd have undergone Secondary Terrigensis and her Cocoon would be too big to fit through the door or the mother vine would have Cronenberged her and it would have been too dangerous to grab her as her flaying about and rapidly changing body tried to reconcile her native Inhuman nature with the artificial mutant nature.

Meaning that for the Golden Ending, they'd have to go back and rescue her... Which is easier said than done, because she'd be fitted with a mind-control device and the stronger version of her would be sent after them to recapture them and bring them back to the facility? Every time she's driven off without freeing her from the mind control, they'd experiment with her(now enhanced) powers more and more, making her a bigger and bigger threat every time.

Fail to rescue Charlotte, escape, or call in help enough and eventually the facility head would abandon researching the other kids and decide that the by now heavily modified Charlotte is more than sufficient and make plans o offer her up as a vessel, meaning that the PCS would have had to fight Apocalypse, or, if they really screwed up, a significantly stronger Apocalypse.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

I find it funny that the problem that most people have with S9E18 She Talks to Angel boil down to Fluttershy trying to get carnivores to eat plants.

This is the same universe where Twilight turns a frog into an orange hybrid. It might be possible to create a vegetable -> meat based spell to solve this problem.

I am fortunate to play Tails of Equestria games when I go to conventions. The design is simple, but they are also fun.

I also run Warhammer 40K / My Little Pony toon games. It is strange how well the two universes overlap. Even worse when there are times that My Little Pony seems more grimdark than Warhammer 40K.

Fair warning for everyone, the final episodes of Season 9 have been leaked to the internet.