New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Broken AF abuse assistance

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-07-27 at 07:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Broken AF abuse assistance

Hi, you seem new here. It is widely accepted on these forums that the sarruhk is one of the most broken creatures ever published, and is in fact the basic premise of the pun-pun TO (theoretical optimization) character build.

I would suggest immediately ceasing all use of the creature in every way possible lest you enter an arms race with your DM and ruin your gaming group.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Hello there, I am new to posting here, but I have traversed the playground for many years. It is indeed broken beyond most other broken builds, but it is warranted in this situation.

I recognize your concern, and appriciate it, but my gaming group consists of myself, and some family members, and my friend. While I usually respect a DM's ability to power game a little bit, it's been taken a bit far, and it's time to strike back. The health of our group wont be a problem at all.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Maybe talk to your DM about what you're thinking rather than getting in an arms race. Like, you're trying to compete with the person who tells you how the universe your character lives in works, what are you expecting to happen if you bring this broken build into the game, even presuming your DM is going to say okay to your character?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Dragon, and its breath weapon, being (Su), strikes me as both conspicuous by its absence and seemingly unaffected by the restrictions noted. Can't be bothered going through all the books right now, but Mist Dragons have a (Su) Mist Form as well as the breath weapon, Steel and Mercury Dragons also have Alternate Form (Su) for even more polymorph abuse.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arms races with DMs always fail. rocks fall you die, no save is always an option. just tell your group you disagree with some decisions, discuss it and move on. nuclear options always fail, your harmless exercise could easily leave a sour taste in someone's mouth and end your gaming group. if you have been on these forums for any length of time, then you should have seen a million other threads just like this. we should probably start a discussion post on this very subject and get it stickied.
    Iron chef accomplishments
    Czar Hail tied for 2nd

Games I'm in
    Amonkhet: Trials of the Gods

Awesome avatar by Linklele! - currently seeking new avatar!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Unfortunately there's nothing at current that the DM can do to stop my progression at this point, but it will certainly make for a very one sided next session, then I expect it to balance out by the next one.

Also, I understand where you're coming from, but we build near broken things in our games all the time. This is undoubtably the furthest broken, but it's really not all that far outside the norm for us.

And we don't play those prefab adventures, every story, every God, every everything is built from the power of our brains, usually just mine but w/e, so everything is semi-unique.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Saintheart breath weapons aren't all that great as I deal more damage with my King-of-smack esque claws, but I appriciate the others I'll have to take a look.

I'll reiterate again, the health of our gaming group is not at stake as most of us share blood, and none of us are prone to getting "Butt hurt" over dnd.

I'm simply trying to find some more abusive things to throw back at him for some good times.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptainmaddog View Post
    Unfortunately there's nothing at current that the DM can do to stop my progression at this point, but it will certainly make for a very one sided next session, then I expect it to balance out by the next one.

Also, I understand where you're coming from, but we build near broken things in our games all the time. This is undoubtably the furthest broken, but it's really not all that far outside the norm for us.

And we don't play those prefab adventures, every story, every God, every everything is built from the power of our brains, usually just mine but w/e, so everything is semi-unique.
    Wrong. He can kill off your character in a myriad of ways of his choosing to which you have no recourse to stop him, or he can simply just not invite you to the next session.

I'll reiterate again, the health of our gaming group is not at stake as most of us share blood, and none of us are prone to getting "Butt hurt" over dnd.
    While your relationship may not be at stake, their willingness to play dnd in the future may be, as they may think back and say "Oh, nah, I didn't really enjoy that last time, let's play something else instead". So, if you want to keep playing dnd in the future with this group, consider something else.
    Last edited by Crake; 2019-07-27 at 12:28 PM.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.

Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Crake has the absolute right of this. As someone with a big family that is filled with scandals and blunders, eventually even little slights such as "he was a **** when we played that game" is solid grounds for excommunication. That might not reign true for yours, and honestly I hope it doesn't {scrubbed}

Edit: also the thought that he can't do anything is absolutely foolish. A sarruck or however it's spelled is limited, mildly. A dm has no such limits. At all. {scrubbed}
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-07-27 at 07:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

I DM 90% of the time in this group, and as I've mentioned previously all PC's are prepped for this, meaning the whole of the group is in on it save the DM.

Ok, so instead of all this getting nowhere business, let's just assume that you people who have never met my group and can't possibly know the interrelation of the group, in fact don't, and move on to the original topic instead of arguing over a moot point.

Moving on, what sort of Supernatural abilities do you wish your characters could have?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

I DM 90% of the time in this group, and as I've mentioned previously all PC's are prepped for this, meaning the whole of the group is in on it save the DM.

Ok, so instead of all this getting nowhere business, let's just assume that you people who have never met my group and can't possibly know the interrelation of the group, in fact don't, and move on to the original topic instead of arguing over a moot point.

Moving on, what sort of Supernatural abilities do you wish your characters could have?
    {Scrubbed}

Luckily, this ability is available to everyone! :P
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2019-07-27 at 06:13 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I DM 90% of the time in this group
    Rhetorical question: Would you be happy with your players doing this to you when you DM? I doubt it, but if you do it as a player, they will assume it's okay for them to do it to you when you DM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Your attempts to crowd source answers but also screen those answers in your favor is going to work out roughly as well as your plans to play against the dm.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Please elaborate as to why you feel the need to "strike back" against the GM as opposed to talking matters out like civilized folk. 'Cause if you're this tetchy as a player, I wouldn't trust you as a GM...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-07-27 at 07:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground

We're not trolling-we're trying to explain why this is almost certainly a bad idea.

If you're incapable of seeing the difference between those two things... I don't know what to say.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

{scrubbed} The unfair deaths I mentioned before are per the rules we've adopted (a mixture of homebrew and SRD as I assume every table plays with.) However they're just way too far above our appropriate ecl.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-07-27 at 07:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

{scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    {scrubbed}
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-07-27 at 07:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The unfair deaths I mentioned before are per the rules we've adopted (a mixture of homebrew and SRD as I assume every table plays with.) However they're just way too far above our appropriate ecl.
    And was the player death anything more than a DMing mistake? If you've been a GM as you say you have, you'll know how hard it is to balance for the right level of difficulty - too weak is trivial and boring, too strong or played too well results in player character death/s. I've made a few encounters too difficult that caused a character death, and while it was regrettable, I'd hope anyone playing a game I was running wouldn't try to derail the game I was running in return, especially with how hard and often unrewarding DMing can be.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2019-07-27 at 06:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Spamalot in the Playground

NYPA, and for the reasons Crake mentioned, you'd do better to put the legwork in yourself on a topic like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Locked for review.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2