Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 235
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Drifting Worlds IC

    The Muse looks up out from her window on the upper spire of the capital. Off in the far distance the shadow of Enotse looms. Given the chance the aged dwarf never missed the site, she was at heart an artist and no matter how many times she had seen this, it always inspired her. The sun was at its lowest point placing bright light under all five continents, reversing shadows for the time being. The moon sphere was at its dimmest making the canvas of night all the darker. The month would soon be over, and Enotse would soon begin a new arc across the sky and a month after it would be Ati'vi far below but perhaps the most visible from the capital island.

    She moved her fingers only the faintest sensation upon them. She thought to herself, "most would sleep through this, but never I." A static cacophony moved up from the base of the tower to the top. Flashes of light moved down both the north spire and the west spire. As the arcs approached the the tips of the points the Muse gazed down at the lights approaching her from the base of the throne spire. She holds her breath as it passes by, not out of any necessity but out of the sheer thrill of being the center of a thunderstorm like no other. The lighting arced in brilliant shades of blue and green nearly white in sheer intensity. The blitz zigged and zagged as bolts merged and fractures across the sky piercing the darkness in a bold electric stroke and lit the land mass of Enotse. For six long seconds the the landmass of her homeland long abandoned seemed to glow a faint red.

    The show over she lets her eyes linger on Enotse a moment longer. She then turns back to her writing desk where a magic ring sits. It is time to return to work.

    Spoiler: Andrinor
    Show

    It is late at night the air dock almost deserted but you are well aware that guards await you on any of the larger airships. If they catch you it will not be good by any means, framed for your daughters murder and now a member of the disenchanted. A rogue mage who has desserted his kingdom and worse the empire as a whole.

    You see a small airship with emperor's crest upon the bow. You think to yourself that you could man that ship yourself if you needed too. Yes a strange confidence takes you, this was the best ship to take. But where would you go, you needed to get off E'rifu and as far away as possible. Dniwa, no they would expect that.

    At that moment Enotse begins to light up in the electric furry that signals the passing of another month. Those snow covered peaks linger in your mind. Among the dwarves and the orcs you could blend in maybe hide until you have your chance for vengeance. You look once more at the nearby airship, a pterodactyl is already harnessed to the ship only a rope and its training keep the ship her on the ground.


    Spoiler: Thorne
    Show

    A week ago you received a letter baring the seal of the muse, the emperor's highest ranking magic user. A dwarf that has severed not only the current emperor but his father and grand father as well, over two centuries as head mage and spy master. How could you do anything but open the letter as quickly as possible.

    The letter simply said "The empire has need of your services, come to the capital island on the first of Enotse's Wan." You look up at the growing island, the four jagged spires you can see growing visibly as you approached on the deck of this supply vessel. The hard part has been waiting all this time for your invitation to be valid and tomorrow it would be. As the sky lit up in a dazzling display of thunder and lighting you correct yourself. The invitation is valid today. (Please also read Anvillian below as your on the same airship.)


    Spoiler: Anvillian
    Show

    You wandered though the harsh dessert no one from your homeland willing to aide you or even talk to you. Many willing to attack or kill you. This is what it means to be banished from ogre lands, deserted and left alone to die. Many lesser people would of died but not you. You had to clear your name, you had a purpose to drive you onward. Still the dessert was a harsh mistress at best and only about 3/4s the way to the next town you collapse you're body finally giving way to exhaustion. You however refuse to die and lay awake in need of water. And there just as you needed it stood a hooded mage with water and a letter.

    Now you stood on the deck of a small airship excepting the invitation in the letter. A meeting with the muse in the capital city, and a chance for a pardon from "your crime". (Please also read Thorne above as your on the same airship.)


    link to OOC
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-07-28 at 12:15 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Spoiler: Kamryn
    Show

    Late on the night of your self imposed exile the sky lit up in a dazzling display as Enotse reversed its direction drifting back to the other side of the world. You continue pausing only for a moment determined to put ground between you and your mother. Your perseverance pays off as the sun rises above the horizon of E'rifu you find yourself at the onyx traders camp. A camp in name and history only this town has long since become a permanent fixture beyond its gem mine.

    As you move down the streets, your Windy moving with a slight hop behind you. You pick up the smell of fresh bacon and eggs. Your stomach growls and your mouth waters slightly. You know your family ring will keep you from hunger soon but having put it on only the day before your body has not caught up to what the magic tells it. You could just wait it out for most of the day or take a moment to indulge yourself once more before you loose interest. Windy should be stabled either way soon. The street your on is more than wide enough to accommodate her/him, but it is considered rude and irresponsible to take extra animals to the air docks.

    While you think all of this a single eye focuses on you. Not far above a small dimophodon watches you, the animal turns its head 180 degrees to look at you with the other eye. (DC 35 to notice.)
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    A young human man sits near the prow of the airship, polishing a pair of boots. He wears finely tailored tunic and trousers in white and dark grey, and settled over his shoulders is a satin cloak of deep blue. Embroidered on cloak is the symbol of a minor Noble House. It is fairly obvious that he is well familiar with the finer things in life.

    A second glance however shows that this is not just some spoiled rich kid. He bears calluses on his hands along with some minor burn scars on his left arm. A leather bandolier crosses his chest, with a large number of pouches attached along with loops for several dozen bullets, these loops show the wear and tear associated with frequent use. The boots he is obsessing over are already clean enough to reflect the lantern light with a mirror-like finish, but he keeps working on them. The footwear appears intended to go with another outfit carefully laid-out beside him, formal military dress suitable for an officer visiting court.

    Standing beside him and preening its feathers is a large bird. It is about the size of a dwarf, and wearing a leather harness complete with a tiny saddle. Oddly, in spite of being far too small, it has the features and coloration of an adult male dragonhawk.

    Thorne pauses in his work and touches one of the smaller enchanted pockets on his torso. The letter is in there, the one from the Muse. He had used a hot knife to carefully lift the seal without breaking it. Proof of contact from such a favored servant of the empire was to be kept and treasured. Whatever it was he was being summoned for, he would be prepared.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    the bird is relatively small thanks to a command activated compression enchantment on his harness. Takes him from a difficult to manage huge size down to medium. It would have been nice to be able to get them down even smaller so I can carry him around, but that doesn't look like it's doable for a reasonable price.

    I should probably note that mechanically speaking Thorne can reload his rifle in between every shot as a free action. However, that imagery is a little ridiculous, especially since he can fire up to six shots in a single round. With that in mind I am inclined to fluff his weapon is being something along the lines of an M1 Garand, one of the first reliable semi-automatic rifles, it could swiftly load several bullets at once using stripper clips, meaning from a visual perspective, Thorne would be reloading only once per round, which is still incredibly fast but not nearly as ridiculous. This is just a Fluff representation, if for some reason Thorne ceases to be able to reload as a free action (most likely because he has burnt through every last scrap of his grit reserve) I'll mention something about him having trouble with the clips sliding in as they should and revert to loading one bullet at a time
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-07-27 at 01:41 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    A tall muscular man looks curiously around the airship, seeming to savors the sights of such a strange mystical device. He wears a simple but finely wrought cloak that hides most of his body and stance, a fairly common thing for those who know the dangers of prolonged exposure to the harsh deserts of E'rifu. He is notably armed with a Falchion carefully tied to his body in an ornate sheath.

    His hood lies around his shoulders leaving his square jaw and bearded chin easily visible. He would be hard to miss with the light of the sun glinting off of his carefully shaved head.

    His eyes slide over the young human at the prow of the ship, but quickly move back for a second, closer look. He spends at least 30 seconds boldly appraising the young man and his strange bird companion.

    Anvillian approaches the man at the prow "Greetings. I'm Anvillian "Siegebreaker" of E'rifu from the lands of Horg. Judging from your fine equipment I'm guessing you are either another traveler or maybe the commander of this fine vessel?"
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-07-27 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne looks up, then carefully puts the boots down. He looks at Anvillian with a grin and speaks with a jesting tone of voice, "And here I thought I was doing a good impression of a cabin boy."

    Standing up, he offers a hand, "Nikolaos Thorne, at your service. My companion here is Torill. Your first guess was correct, this is not my ship. If I might ask, what brings you to the capital?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-07-27 at 06:51 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    After Stabling windy, kamryn wanders over to wher the fresh food is being cooked noticing the strange small dimophodon , wondering to herself wwhat it was doing there
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-07-27 at 11:47 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Spoiler: Kamryn
    Show

    On the leg of the tiny pterosaur is a peace of paper. A truly odd site, few enough dinosaurs and the like enter into towns and those who are trained usually stay by their owners, as training them isn't cheap.

    The bird like reptile lands in front of Kamryn and waits expectantly for you to take the parchment from it.
    Spoiler: Note if you choose to take it.
    Show
    We have located the entrance, it was hidden under a large seal stone at the end of the canyon on the eastside of Horg's magma spire. With out back up we can do little other than continue watching.


    A few minutes after the beast had been staring at you a man in an ivory colored robe begins to walk to you and the dimorphodon takes off. Your keen eyes spot a gold clasp at the base of his neck, engraved on it is the symbol of the empire. This man is not of E'rifu, he is here from the capitol island.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Spoiler: Kamryn
    Show

    On the leg of the tiny pterosaur is a peace of paper. A truly odd site, few enough dinosaurs and the like enter into towns and those who are trained usually stay by their owners, as training them isn't cheap.

    The bird like reptile lands in front of Kamryn and waits expectantly for you to take the parchment from it.
    Spoiler: Note if you choose to take it.
    Show
    We have located the entrance, it was hidden under a large seal stone at the end of the canyon on the eastside of Horg's magma spire. With out back up we can do little other than continue watching.


    A few minutes after the beast had been staring at you a man in an ivory colored robe begins to walk to you and the dimorphodon takes off. Your keen eyes spot a gold clasp at the base of his neck, engraved on it is the symbol of the empire. This man is not of E'rifu, he is here from the capitol island.
    Kamyrn cautiously removes the note form the animal before it takes back to the air, then turns back to the food that was just about to arrive and served paying 6 SP for the meal. while eating and looking about noticing the strange man in some robes who definitely looked out of place. noting the clasp. thinking no mother has not even awoke a this hour yet to raise any sort of fuss at the fact I was not there. So what was this stranger doing here. watching the man kamryn finishes breakfast, then approaches the man. You look like you are looking for something or are lost? (Knowledge (Local) (1d20+16)[29] Sense motive (1d20+26)[33] Perception (1d20+31)[42])

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Anvillian shakes Nikolaos' hand with a firm grasp. "A mysterious hooded figure gave me a letter telling me I could find what I'm looking for on this ship. I pray to the gods they aren't merely using honeyed words to lure me into a sand pit, but I don't why they would. Thus, I'm here to roll the dice and see if lady luck will smile on me again." Anvillian's gaze drifts into a sea of nothingness, his expression like a man longing for something dear lost long ago. His attention snaps back to the well dressed man before him "What brings you aboard, sir?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Andrinor carefully considers his options as he stands at the dock, hidden in shadows to prevent questions from any lingering guards. He feels drawn towards the Imperial ship for some reason. He is used to such urges, and he has usually followed them. Especially since they have always seemed to lead him to temporary safety. He examines the ship as carefully as he can at such a distance. He has little training at handling animals, since he usually simply changes forms himself and does what most others use animals for. So he is not confident on handling the creature, but then again, he assumes that it will be well trained, if it is used for drawing an airship. So any who command the ship should be able to command the beast. He looks around at the other nearby ships. None of them seem to be good options. So this may be a case of taking the least worst option. Besides, no one would expect him to be hiding on, or more accurately, stealing an Imperial ship. It is quite small, so he can't simply hide on it, unless he changes form to something truly tiny, which he has done in the past. But his pursuers may be onto that trick by now, so they may have a way of guarding against it. Simply stealing the ship may be the better option. He briefly considers changing form into a dragon, so that he could simply fly to another continent. But that is extremely tiring, and even he has never learned what happens to someone who descends into the mists beneath the continents, should he become too tired to continue to fly. Besides, he would be very visible.

    So, the Imperial ship it must be. He walks causally, but in a minor hurry, as if he were a clerk or crewman in a hurry to get the ship launched on its business. He makes a point of not sneaking, since that would be obvious to any watchers.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Spoiler: Kamyrn
    Show

    The man comes up close to you well within arms reach. "Kind of you to retrieve my letter for me." His face has a series of deep burn scars in an irregular pattern. "I am here on imperial bussiness, with the occasional stop to a chamber pot." As he smiles the scar left of his lips seem to curve into a familiar shape. "Little girl, if you would be kind enough to hand it back now. I would be grateful." His hand reaches out expectantly with the palm face up. At that point you recognise the shape, the wrinkles of scar flesh on the left side seems to form a frown even as the rest of his face smiles, what an unfortunate scar to have. As far as you can tell, he is telling the truth about his position. Given the dress and strange animal behavior, likely a mage in service of the empire.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne touches a pocket on his breast before answering, "A letter brings me here as well, though it was a simple courier that brought mine, no mysterious figure for me. Apparently the Muse desires my services for the empire in some capacity or another. I would like to hope that it involves my talent for negotiation, but the empire has better diplomats than I, so I suspect not."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Spoiler: Kamyrn
    Show

    The man comes up close to you well within arms reach. "Kind of you to retrieve my letter for me." His face has a series of deep burn scars in an irregular pattern. "I am here on imperial bussiness, with the occasional stop to a chamber pot." As he smiles the scar left of his lips seem to curve into a familiar shape. "Little girl, if you would be kind enough to hand it back now. I would be grateful." His hand reaches out expectantly with the palm face up. At that point you recognise the shape, the wrinkles of scar flesh on the left side seems to form a frown even as the rest of his face smiles, what an unfortunate scar to have. As far as you can tell, he is telling the truth about his position. Given the dress and strange animal behavior, likely a mage in service of the empire.
    blinking at the strange man, Listening to what the man had to say, remembering to what she had saw when retrieving the note, that note was on the leg of the tiny pterosaur, as though sent as a message. she had been careful and fairly quick when removing that note, it would have been difficult to notice that removal and then there was this attitude he presented she thought why would a complete stranger insult another stranger in such a way even if it was his message. He did seem to be speaking a partial truth though.

    Bringer herself to her full height hand on the hilt of her blade, Who's little! and what are you talking about?

    bluff (1d20+8)[19]
    intimidate (1d20+10)[24]
    a further Sense motive to judge the mans response to any comments including possible bluff / intimidate (1d20+26)[30]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @Andrinor

    A dockworker slowly comes over to Andrinor. A plain looking woman in a white shirt, brown pants held up with a red sash. A slight silver shimmer around her neck. Red hair and pointed ears are her most distinguishing features, likely a half elf, maybe full. She considers him for a moment, before deciding he has no business with this ship. "What are you doing with this ship?" Her hand casually drops to a well constructed baton slid threw her sash. A flash of recognition hits you as you realize around her neck is a whistle.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Andrinor realises immediately that he hasn't been as subtle as he hoped. He backs away a step, and raises his hands in the air disarmingly. "I am very sorry. I just haven't been to the docks before. I have never seen ships like these, and I was interested in seeing one with the Imperial crest. I just wanted to have a closer look. I was wondering if the Imperial ship may be somehow different than regular ships. Just idle curiosity, really. I didn't realise that I wasn't allowed to go near them at all. I am very sorry," he says calmly. He prepares to simply walk away, as if his curiosity had been defeated by the alert guard. He figures that he can always change shape into something tiny to get aboard on his second attempt, and then steal the ship when no one is paying attention to the fact that no one is aboard.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Responding to Thorne's pontificating, Anvillian replies "Well in any case, perhaps we should locate the master of this vessel and see what we can discover about what's in store for us. Shall we?"

    Assuming that as sufficient invitation, Anvillian begins to ask any crew member or person on the airship who the captain may be and where they can be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @Kamyrn

    "I tend to judge peoples size not on physicality but on actions and speech. Besides your young, so that is another way you are little." As he talks he seems to have the oddest hand gestures you've ever seen, only moving his left hand and in a motion plagued by ticks and jerks. "Any how, if you were kind enough to hand me the letter and wait here for a minute while I read it, we can pick up the conversation again."

    Kamyrn forgetting her objections for a moment reaches into her pack and hands him the letter. In his right hand you notice a very small pink object and what appears to be a honey comb. He reads it quietly but part way through he makes a slight frown.

    "Well this changes things," he says a word in hissing syllables and the paper lights on fire in hand quickly burning. "Well little lady, how would you like a job?"

    @Andrinor

    [still using bluff 2]

    "You'd have to be the biggest fool in the world to think I would believe such a story and an even bigger one if your telling the truth." She grabs her whistle and brings it to her lips.

    @Anvillian and Thorne

    You quickly find a crew member cleaning the deck, actually looking around you find a great number of crew members cleaning decks. At this point your nearly half way to the capital island and it has grown to a significant portion of your view. Asking the fellow busy with a bucket and a mop he tells you "We'll the captain is likely powdering his nose in his bed chamber. All about appearances that one. He thinks the emperor himself will be their to greet us one day. As if, we haul fruits, vegetables, and rarely a passenger or two such as your selves. I think the emperor has better things to do than inspect inspect some produce. Any no offense, but any one important aint going to be hitching a ride with us. No sir, it aint going to happen. Now if you excuse me I need polish the ship to keep my job under that powdered horses ass."
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-07-30 at 10:13 PM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Andrinor sighs, and says, "Do you seriously think that I would be able to steal from, or even steal, an Imperial ship drawn by a pteradactyl? I would have to be mad to try something that stupid. You can arrest me for curiosity if you like, but I am not sure your superiors will appreciate being called out for something like this," he says reasonably. He starts trying to decide whether it is better to allow himself to be arrested and then escape, or just to shapeshift and flee now. Fleeing later is probably the better option, he decides, since that way he can avoid being seen. And those who may arrest him will take him for a common thief, and not a shapeshifter, so they won't know to take special precautions to keep him under control.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Not entirely sure of what just occurred, but the strange man had just offered her a job. Tell me about this job, is it around these parts and what does this job pay?

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @Andrinor
    The young lady blows a whistle and quickly a pair of other guards make their way to the sound. As Andrinor does not resist the three quickly have his hands bound and take him to a lodge at the base of the sky docks. One of the three, the young lady, runs off to get the city watch to address the trespassing charges, half a hot day in the stocks if your memory serves you correctly. The second one binds your arms to the chair.

    The second guard leaves and soon your left with a single older man. "I am sure I know the answer to this question, but do you have any documents of port authority? I doubt it, otherwise you would of shown them before entering into the port during the night hours." He smiles showing a missing incisor on the upper left of his mouth.

    @Kamyrn

    "Let's call it security detail. My men in the field are in need of some assistance. From what I can tell little lady, you are intimidating enough. If you join the pair of them, you should be able to keep the target pinned down until I can get some men from the imperial watch to handle the rest of the problem. The key is that you don't let the fugitive escape, again. As for pay, I can offer you 30 pieces of gold now, more on success. Perhaps a chance at more long term employment." The old man smiles at you.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    don't let the fugitive escape, again
    hearing these words she belts out a chuckle, Again.. I have several questions first. you say so this fugitive am I to be the only guard for this prisoner or am I to catch the fugitive and then guard them? Are there others involved with this. Tell me about this fugitive/prisoner what did they do? Where are they currently? Do they have to remain living? once I know this I can decide if 30 gold up front is enough, and once complete decide about the future.
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-07-31 at 10:27 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @kamryn

    The old man smiles once more. "The crime is attempted assassination, the emperors own daughter. A wee lass even by your standards little lady, 14 years if memory serves... or is it 15 now." He shakes his head. "Matters not. Similar to the fugitives life, we will take him and execute him. If you need to put him down now, no harm done. Perhaps I will need to give you hazard pay, likely from the salary of the tardy watchman. I would need to split it among the three of you, the scouts are competent enough but not fighters. Their skills lie in tracking and stealth, you on the other hand. Your very presence is intimidating, no offense intended. This fellow however is dangerous do not underestimate him, that is why I am not tempting you with money to put him down yourself. If all goes perfect, unlikely I know, you will simply wait an hour or so and find yourself 130 gold pieces richer. If things go less well but he is still captured and you aided our efforts, you will still receive my payment and other just compensation. As for location," he points to a distant mountain called Horg's magma spire. "There is a canyon on the west side of it. My men will be surprised by you to be sure. I'll send you with a token of our pact however. Speed is of the essence, I suggest you see if you can use some of that gold to buy a fast beast to carry you."
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    @kamryn

    The old man smiles once more. "The crime is attempted assassination, the emperors own daughter. A wee lass even by your standards little lady, 14 years if memory serves... or is it 15 now." He shakes his head. "Matters not. Similar to the fugitives life, we will take him and execute him. If you need to put him down now, no harm done. Perhaps I will need to give you hazard pay, likely from the salary of the tardy watchman. I would need to split it among the three of you, the scouts are competent enough but not fighters. Their skills lie in tracking and stealth, you on the other hand. Your very presence is intimidating, no offense intended. This fellow however is dangerous do not underestimate him, that is why I am not tempting you with money to put him down yourself. If all goes perfect, unlikely I know, you will simply wait an hour or so and find yourself 130 gold pieces richer. If things go less well but he is still captured and you aided our efforts, you will still receive my payment and other just compensation. As for location," he points to a distant mountain called Horg's magma spire. "There is a canyon on the west side of it. My men will be surprised by you to be sure. I'll send you with a token of our pact however. Speed is of the essence, I suggest you see if you can use some of that gold to buy a fast beast to carry you."
    There are not many beast that can handle my size & speed you say, just how fast do you think it necessary to get there?

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    The man strokes his beard once. Ideally you'll get there before he tries to leave. Which leaves me to give you the advice get there as soon as possible, best to error on the side of speed. I think I saw an tyrannosaurus at the stables earlier. Thinking back to doping off windy earlier you remember seeing an allosaurus earlier today, which is much smaller than a tyrannosaurus but looks similar. Clearly this man didn't have the best knowledge of E'rifus animals.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne twitches slightly at the implication that he's no one of importance, but he puts on a smile and says to Anvillian, "Well, you have one answer. It doesn't sound like the captain knows anything of relevance to our invitation, but one never knows for sure without trying. Besides, he might prove to be interesting company either way."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    okay I will do the job, after accepting teh 30 gp payment, kamryn will go visit the merchants and pick up a potion of ant haul , then return to where she stabled windy , fix windy up for flight and then give her the potion, mount (ride check: (1d20+2)[8] handle animal (1d20+27)[35]) attempting to ride Windy to the job.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Anvillian, seeing the men toiling away in the sun and knowing the value of a good day's labor, says "It sounds like you know the captain fairly well. If everything is about appearances with this captain, let's make our first impression one backed by our potential value to him. How about if I help you get your work done and you use some of the time saved to introduce us to the captain?"

    Anvillian raises an eyebrow inquisitively towards the crewman, but carefully watches Nikolaos's response to the proposal of doing physical labor from the corner of his eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Andrinor makes no attempt to resist. He doesn't even object to being bound, since he is fairly sure that if necessary he can escape whatever bonds he may have used against him. He doesn't want to give them any reason to think that stronger or more secure bindings might be needed. So he stays passive.

    He follows along as demanded, looking a little confused but otherwise saying nothing. When he is questioned by the man, he answers, "I apologise. I have no papers. I am a traveler, so I am new to this area. That is why I have no papers for the docks, and it is also why I didn't know that it was illegal to go near the docks at night. I came down here because engineering feats have always interested me, and I figured that it would be quieter during the night, so I wouldn't get in the way of workers that would be there during the day." He is not too troubled, since half a day in the stocks is embarrassing, but nothing compared to humiliations he has endured in the past.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @ Anvillian and Thorne

    The man scoffs at his offer. "You don't understand the captain." He pauses for a heavy moment before continuing "If you help me and I finish this here scrubbing, when I go over with you the captain will immediately scold me as a lazy wanker for not being hard at work on the next task. Only he won't say lazy wanker, no he is much to dignified for that. His scolding involves lots of big words like bescumber and coccydynia."

    The man looks at the pair of you a moment, pausing in his work. "Again, I am relying on your discretion here. Although you'd be a fool to talk to him, if you be listen at all. The captain is the worse kind of officer, simply put. Consider what were to happen if I did what you asked. I finish my work quickly, he insults me and gives me more work. Which he expects done at least near as good. While doing more work slow and as needed, yields no punishment or consequence. So you see he has demotivated the whole crew, whether they acknowledge it or not. Just not a proper way to run a ship, or any group of people really."

    @Caen

    You sit in a canyon alongside a young mage. The pair of you have been tracking an attempted assassin for days now. You fond him having entered deep into a magma spire in E'rifu. You sent word back to your handler via animal messenger, who in theory would gather the rest of the accusers to aid in the capture of your tracked quarry, trouble is the closest group was at least an hour away.

    "So um... Caen was it. Um, do we just sit here?" The boy stands again to look at the removed seal stone. "Oh gods, what if he comes back out?" The boys face seems to go white with fear at the thought. Funny, the other accusers described the boy as green.

    @Sam

    Hearing your acceptance the man pulls off the imperial clasp from his cloak and hands it to Kamryn. "Hand this to a half orc named Caen and tell him Arkin will have the lads there with in an hour." The man leans close to Kamryn and stands on his toes to get closer to here ears. "When he asks the code word is Cedar." Then the man falls back onto flat feet and steps back. "Now don't lose that, I only have one spare and I keep it at my home."
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-08-01 at 09:39 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne states rather dryly, "Sounds like not only does this captain not know anything of use to us, any conversation with him will leave us considering the merits of doing something rather drastic. I for one would rather let it be and enjoy the rest of the trip, we will know what our respective summons are about soon enough."

    "Crewman, what are your impressions of your captain's superior? Is he ignorant of this behavior, or just uncaring? My family has enough pull that a report bearing my seal questioning an officer's suitability to be in command would be listened to. However I do not have enough pull to guarantee that anything will actually be done in response to the report, or that your captain won't be told that someone on his crew was complaining, so the outcome of such a report depends entirely upon the character of the man I send it to."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •