Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 235
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Saltbrow smiles, information could often be given for very cheap. "If you have a reliable way to be contacted I could easily do research on unusal trade. So you may soon ferry out your rat nest."
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Spoiler: AOO
    Show

    attack - (1d20+28)[34] vs flat footed AC
    Damage - (1d6+14)[24]


    Caen smiles as the dwarf barges past him, very well then, he moved closer and swung again, aiming to slice the dwarf apart one swing at a time.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move and strike
    attack - (1d20+28)[45] vs flat footed AC
    Damage - (1d6+21)[26]

    Crit confirm - (1d20+32)[33] (crit threat! but rolled a 1!)
    Crit bonus damage - (1d6+14)[15] & sickened for 1 minute (no save)

    Caen
    HP's: 165/201 (36 are bonus HP's)
    AC: 40
    Effects: Righteous Might [15/18] (+4 STR/CON, +2 NAT AC, DR 10/evil, -1 to-hit/AC), Battered/bone breaker [6/8], Greater invisbility [17/18]
    Judgment: Destruction (+7 damage), Justice* (+5 to-hit), Protection (+4 to AC)
    * = Slayer (cannot be changed)

    Map
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2019-10-01 at 09:48 AM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    The mage returns to the room behind Kamyrn, and begins to sing about the valor of the group. (Inspire courage +2 vs fear and on weapon damage/hit)

    The dwarf recklessly takes the blow across his body seems to hardly feel it at all. He screams in frustration and see's the ogre and mage return to the battle. He seems both annoyed and ecstatic at the same time. He raises his hammer and charges for the ogre.

    As he runs passed Caen attacks him easily hitting. However specters seem to rise up and attack him unaffected by the invisibility. His quick reflexes allow him to dodge them.

    Kamyrn doesn't even move as the earth breaker connects with the ground nearby.

    Spoiler: rolls and such
    Show

    missed-> Brutal strike with bone breaker
    Spoiler: battered condition + bone breaker
    Show
    Battered (condition)
    Heavy blows have left a creature with this condition vulnerable to further attacks, imposing a -2 penalty to the creature’s CMD and preventing them from taking attacks of opportunity provoked by a creature performing a combat maneuver. Some talents have different effects or activation times against battered creatures. The battered condition can be removed by taking the total defense action, or through the restore ability of the Life sphere (see Spheres of Power), the lesser restoration spell, or similar effects. When inflicting the battered condition on a target that is already battered, the rounds stack when determining duration.
    . Added Bone breaker effect -5 attack and damage rolls while battered.
    condition for 8 rounds
    Attack (1d20+38)[39] damage (3d6+25)[35]
    crit Attack (1d20+38)[43] crit damage x3 (6d6+50)[69]

    spirits Attack (1d20+29)[30] damage (1d6+6)[10] I checked, the spirits ignore attack penalties such as darkness. I feel invisibility is similar to darkness as both are total concealment.

    free bullrush on attack. Attack (1d20+34)[46] This prompts a boast effect. missed



    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-01 at 11:44 PM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    "Thorne nods, "When you find something, if you can get a message to Aspen, The Muse's assistant, he will relay the information. As for the rest of the value, do you have significant coinage or goods on hand to make up the balance?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Looking to wrap this up and move on. Probably haggle just a bit more to ensure we're not being cheated, then close the deal and move on.

    BTW, the Luna Deegan reference just clicked with me. Excellent webcomic, I was disappointed when it ended.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @ Anvil and Thorne

    Saltbrow smiles. "I have a load of metals on the ship. Not a large amount, but rare and valuable in crafting of magic items. In a fair trade it should be enough to cover the remaining differences. Now if you will excuse me, I have to arrange a return trip home. I wish to place this mask in the tomb of a good and noble ogre."

    (see OOC)

    @ Sam and Bel


    Kamyrn unleashes a chain of blows against the dwarf. Her sword cuts deep and her shield slams into the dwarf. He wavers on his feet but does not move.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Ignore the following as took her own turn. Good to have you back
    (1d20+36)[50] (3d6+19)[29]
    (1d20+31)[33] (3d6+19)[32]
    (1d20+26)[46] (3d6+19)[30] <- crit, I am just multipling by 3 so 90 damage
    (1d20+21)[32] (3d6+19)[28]



    map
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-04 at 04:15 PM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    With his boots now fully laced and seeing that the negotiations appear to be finished, Anvillian nimbly climbs to his feet. "Farewell, Salt Brow. May lady luck smile upon your future endeavors."

    He turns to Thorne "Let's go. I'll introduce you to Cassia and we can inspect the ship."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne nods, "Indeed, as we learn more if we have the chance we will send information that might help narrow your search." He describes the nature of the group being looked for without going into too much detail as to specifically what they have done and are trying to do.

    After the pair leave the earshot of any bystanders, Thorne turns to His companion, "That mask was incredible, this woman must really be remarkable for you to so easily give it up in an exchange. But we need to speak of this murder. I did not ask about what you had done before, because I did not need to know. The Muse was willing to trust you, and so that was enough. But if we are to free someone else, I need to know the story."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Anvillian pinches the brow of his nose, a little strange to not have the weight of the mask sitting upon his face. His past still haunting him even among those who had no involvement "I've never taken a humanoid's life without good and just cause, and I have no plans to change that. The truth of the matter is the Ogre Horg was murdered and one of Cassia's creations was used in the deed, but neither she nor I were the perpetrator. I don't know exactly what happened, but I found Horg dead with who I suspect to be the culprit standing over his freshly slain visage; an image I'll never forget. I attempted to subdue the suspect, but he escaped. Trials were held and the verdict was that Horg's wards, including Cassia and myself, hatched a conspiracy to end his life. Cassia was sold as a slave instead of being executed due to her value as a crafter while I was exiled from Horg's lands on E'rifu because there wasn't enough evidence to prove that I was involved. After all, someone had to be made to pay to set an example." He sighs and pauses for a moment, then turns, locks eyes with Thorne and continues.

    "Horg was an honorable Ogre and like a father to me. I didn't kill him. Cassia didn't either. Several of Horg's subordinates had powerful items of her creation, some of them designed for violence. Just because one of her creations was used doesn't mean she was involved in a conspiracy to murder. She had nothing to gain by it and everything to lose. Like me."

    Anvillian stops and evaluates Thorne's reaction with wariness, accustomed to his account falling on the deaf ears of those looking to blame someone, but with a glimmer of hope that his new companion will believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne considers for a time, "Regrettably, that does sound like an assumption the ogre courts would reach on such insufficient proof, rather than accuse one of their own. Very well, I'll not object to this, or say a word about it to anyone else. On one condition. She stays with us for the time being, and does not go haring off to parts unknown before I can get a sense of the truth behind the accusation. It should not be too onerous of a request from the sound of it. I meant what I said to Saltbrow about not being willing to let a murderess walk free, but I'm not inclined to let an innocent woman be wrongfully punished either."

    "But we've lingered here long enough I think. We have a ship to assess, and you have a friend to greet."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-10-06 at 09:30 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @ Thorne and Anvillian

    The pair of return to the Wind Marrow some time later. Outside you find the ship's quartermaster, a gnome who's nice dress shows some level of minor nobility. He frowns and hands you a sheet of paper declaring you now the legal owner of the ship. "You will find the rest of your purchase below deck." He quickly bids you farewell, slings a backpack over his shoulder, and departs.

    As if waiting for a hidden que most of the crew join him and also depart. Left behind is a pair of gnomes a slim one and a surprisingly tall and strong looking one. The slim one shakes his head, for reasons you can only imagine and returns to preparing the ship for launch.

    The ships deck seems to be made of fresh lumber, no doubt imported to E'rifu not long ago. While not as immaculately kept as the last ship you were on, the Marrow Wind seems to be clean and well maintained.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne frowns as most of the crew departs. That wasn't promising... "Looks like we'll have to hire a few new hands, probably ones who are not connected to your homeland. We might have to get you a disguise or something if the chase ever takes us there."

    Addressing the pair left behind, "Greetings, I am Sir Nikolaos Thorne. Apparently you already know my companion. You know this ship better than us, and probably this place as well. How many more people do you need to run the vessel efficiently, and where would you suggest looking for the same? We will need to be moving at a fair speed for a fair amount of time, so just limping along with a minimal crew is not all right."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    After introductions are made, probably heading to a popular dive for airmen to take a load off and quickly recruiting a few decent looking people to help out. Following the gnomes' suggestion if they have one. Definitely going to be vetting them a bit, don't need to be dealing with thieves or any other troublemakers on this trip.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-10-09 at 03:59 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Anvillian looks around for Cassia, paying little attention to Thorne's musings, his mind elsewhere.

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+23)[42]


    If not there,Anvillian immediately goes towards the Wind Marrow in search of her, though it seems the news of the change of ownership reached the crew before they did, he silently prays he was not duped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    The pair of gnomes stop and the little one turns to the big one. "Keep working Lenny" The big gnome picks up some boxes of supplies and carries them below deck. "Hi Cassi." The thin gnome comes forward. "Bye Cassi."

    "I am George, the big guy is Lenny. We see no reason to walk away from steady work."The big gnome grabs another box and moves under the deck again. Once more "Hi Cassi." is heard. "He may not be the brightest but he is strong for a gnome and a very hard worker. Both of us are hard workers if you treat us fairly."

    "Bye Cassi." Lenny returns to the top and grabs the next box.

    "The Marrow Wind can be controlled by the five us well enough. Three or even two in a pinch. Although I wouldn't want to do anything involving finesse and such, bringing it into port. However you'ld keep her going a direction and at speed o'right."

    Spoiler: When Anvillan goes below deck
    Show

    Going under deck you have to dodge the gnome Lenny, who stands nearly as tall and broad as a dwarf. Your eyes adjust to the limited lighting. There in the back lightly chained to a back wall and sitting on a stool is your old friend Cassia. She is reading a well worn book.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-10 at 09:37 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Caen joined the fray in earnest, happy to not be the target of this particular dwarves wroth.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Full attack now that he moved into position last turn:
    Swift: activate greater Dwarf Bane

    attack 1 - (1d20+30)[35] vs flat footed AC
    Damage - (5d6+23)[48]

    attack 2 - (1d20+30)[50] vs flat footed AC - CRIT threat
    Damage - (5d6+23)[39]

    attack 2 Crit confirm - (1d20+36)[39]
    Crit bonus damage - (1d6+14)[19] & sickened for 1 minute (no save)

    attack 3 - (1d20+30)[37] vs flat footed AC
    Damage - (5d6+23)[41]

    Spoiler: Crit confirms
    Show

    attack 1 Crit confirm - (1d20+36)[41]
    Crit bonus damage - (1d6+14)[19] & sickened for 1 minute (no save)


    attack 3 Crit confirm - (1d20+36)[38]
    Crit bonus damage - (1d6+14)[15] & sickened for 1 minute (no save)



    Caen
    HP's: 165/201 (36 are bonus HP's)
    AC: 40
    Effects: Righteous Might [14/18] (+4 STR/CON, +2 NAT AC, DR 10/evil, -1 to-hit/AC), Battered/bone breaker [5/8], Greater invisibility [15/18]
    Judgment: Destruction (+7 damage), Justice* (+5 to-hit), Protection (+4 to AC)
    * = Slayer (cannot be changed)

    Map
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2019-10-10 at 10:44 AM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Anvillian, preoccupied paying little mind to the words of the gnome, hustles impatiently to Cassia and briefly hesitates a moment before sighing with relief and happily exclaiming "Cassia!" as he throws his arms around her in a friendly embrace. After a brief moment he steps back and says "Let's get you out of those chains. George, Lenny, where is the key?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @ Caen and Kamryn
    Caen moved his invisible edge close to the dwarf. His first strike hit true and solid in the dwarfs back. The sword Fate's Edge briefly was visible in red viscera, the force of Caen's spell quickly concealing it again. The dwarf staggered forward, likely dead on his feet, when a second blow hit at the base of his neck. His head spun free, and the Emperor's justice had been served.

    Suddenly the battle was done and in the Lava filled cave all that remained were the mighty pair of Kamryn and Caen, also a meek and timid mage.

    @Anvillian

    Cassia looked on with sheer disbelief, unable to comprehend what she was seeing. "Cassia!" Anvillian tossed his arms around her. She had built a damn for her emotions over the last year, and this had been to much. Her emotions ran free now, flooding "Let's get you out of those chains. George, Lenny, where is the key?"

    "Hi Cassi." Lenny sets down yet another box. "Um, the key is right here." He points to a hook barely with in his reach but easy access for an ogre.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Above deck, Thorne nods, "In the interest of fairness, I should let you know ahead of time that this is not likely to be a quiet voyage. We're chasing after some rather dangerous people. We do not intend to put you two in danger, but danger might come regardless. Anvillian and I can defend this ship if it comes to that rather effectively, but we can make no guarantees, and circumstances may come up where we must ask you to fly this craft towards danger rather than away. Also, we're currently working on behalf of the Muse, in joining us you'll be learning some details that the Empire does not yet want widely known. I won't ask for a vow of silence, just reasonable discretion. In exchange for putting up with that, I will pay double the usual rate for airmen like yourselves, with bonuses tacked on if we actually see combat."

    "If this sounds like too much, I understand, and you will still get paid for any help provided getting us underway. If not, I look forward to working with both of you. Is there anything in particular we need to obtain before we depart?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    @ Caen and Kamryn
    Caen moved his invisible edge close to the dwarf. His first strike hit true and solid in the dwarfs back. The sword Fate's Edge briefly was visible in red viscera, the force of Caen's spell quickly concealing it again. The dwarf staggered forward, likely dead on his feet, when a second blow hit at the base of his neck. His head spun free, and the Emperor's justice had been served.

    Suddenly the battle was done and in the Lava filled cave all that remained were the mighty pair of Kamryn and Caen, also a meek and timid mage.
    well I think we need proof he is dead, Kamryn reachs down plucking the head from the corpse, placing it in a bag, Search Corpse: (perception (1d20+31)[41]) only after taking everything of value from the corpse, kamryn will push it into the lava (unless Cean stops her)

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Anvillian immediately snaps up the key and sets to freeing Cassia from the chains. "There's a lot to explain, but for this moment, right now, all you need to know is you're now free, and I'm here. We can go over the rest when you're ready." Anvillian gently wipes her eyes. Technically older and undeniably smarter than him, he still viewed her like a little sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Caen sighs as the dwarf topples down, defeated by his team mate, Kamryn, for whom, he was sure glad had accompanied him, he let his spell remain, knowing full well, things tended to happen after defeat than ought.

    He wasn't fond of taking the head, but, they did need the proof, and it would server well, especially to the Accusers intelligence division, he stood watchful as she searched, silent as a ghost in the incorporeal winds of the astral sea.

    "You fought well Kamryn" he says, as his spell dissipates, "I would do well to stay on your good side," he adds, as his feet touch the ground, and he sheathes his blade. "Did you find anything of worth?" he then turns to regard the large stone the dwarf was interacting with before they fought "Was he not doing something with this stone?"

    He inspects the tablet and the dwarf's corpse

    Spoiler
    Show

    He uses detect undead, abberation, and doors scanning the whole area, and then focuses a greater detect magic on the tablet, and the dwarf/possessions.

    If needed
    Spellcraft - (1d20+25)[31]
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @ Caen and Kamryn:
    The dwarf had sparse belongings, about 50 gold coins, a helmet, and a breast plate of a hard reddish metal. Caen only see's magic on the helmet. Turning his attention to the tablet, a blinding light seems to seep out of the tablet as if power is barely contained inside. It glows with the green of enchantment where you can stand to look at it, Caen's eyes burn ith pain and he quickly finds it difficult to concentrate on the spell.

    Kamryn having looted the valuables from the assassin decides to give him an impromptu cremation. Pushing the body over the edge with a heavy boot. The body lands with a splash and is half buried in the lava before it rises to the surface and floats on the heavy liquid stone. Fire crawls up the body and the stench of burnt meat quickly fills the room.

    @ Thorne

    George gives his consent to the mission and asks where he can set the ship to go.

    @ Anvillian

    Cassia just cries softly in Anvil's arms. Glancing at her body she doesn't seem to of been miss treated. Even where she is chained to the wall seems to lack the normal bruises associated with manacles. Clearly she was smart enough not to struggle with with the chains. A long period of nothing but crying and a firm embrace happens, at the end of it Cassia speaks"I thought you had died in exile... I am sorry... I shouldn't of done it."
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne points skyward, "Enotse to begin with. The group we are after has been busy there kidnapping children. We chase after the kids, hopefully get them returned to their parents, and along the way we should learn a bit more about the cult and their plans."

    He steps below, leaving the two friends alone for the moment as they reunite. He looks for a place to put his bag and settle in his companion Torill.

    Having a seat he pulls out a journal and starts writing down an account of the day's events, including a formal record for the transaction with Saltbrow.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-10-16 at 06:58 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Caen wrinkles his nose, and wished he had a way to magical dissipate the putrid smell of burnt flesh, it wasn't an odor he wished to relive if he could manage it, but he nodded in silent agreement to the decision, this dwarf was dangerous, and he was....doing dangerous things.

    "He was looking at this tablet, it has powerful magic, some of the most powerful I have seen. We should call for a support team so they can inspect it, we cannot afford this to fall into the wrong hands, whatever it is." he feels bad about it, something was off, the words of the dwarf, calling his masters....was this stone tablet linked to something....else? Who were they? He mentally shook himself out of his rabbit hole.

    Turning to the mageling, "Head outside and send a message, can you do that?"
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    After the extended embrace, now with Cassia free from her chains, Anvillian whispers "It's in the past. We don't need to speak about it anymore. The important things are I'm here and you're free now." after a brief pause Anvillian continues, unsure when is the appropriate time to broach this topic "Honestly, though, I do need your help. I've been given a task by the Muse, and I won't be able to do it alone. What do you say to teaming up again?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @ Anvillian
    The embrace with Cassia lasts a moment longer. "I understand, I will do what I can." With that she heads to the furnace and starts it burning. Lenny follows her carrying one of the boxes from before and once it is lit he opens the box showing the black stones inside. He dumps it out onto the floor and shovels some inside the bioler.

    @Thorne

    George nods at Thorne "Seems simple enough. Once the water is heated, I'll set us to take off." The wait goes on for a while in which George explains the basics of controlling the ship. It ends anticlimactically as a slight whistling is heard and George gets up spins a valve open, and propellers begin to turn with surprising speed. The ship is off and steadily moves a loft.

    @ Sam and Bel

    The mage looks at the burning body seemingly entranced before he jumps in start. "Oh, oh, you mean me!" he exclaims. He turns about and rushes out the door saying Sorry, I thought you were talking to the ogre.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Anvillian, moving on to matters of business for the moment, states "Come with me up to the deck, I'll introduce you to our companion Thorne. The Muse tasked us both with this endeavor, so we'll be working with him for the time being." Anvillian pauses for a moment his head doing a little bob as if something is rolling around inside of it before stating "It may be a different dynamic than you're used to, but you and the crew's input, he gestures to Lenny "will be invaluable to the success of our mission." If agreeable, Anvillian heads up to the deck with Cassia, taking in the air and the sky as though there were fresh and new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    After storing all of the loot and the head in a bag, Kamryn follows the mage out. Once outside she summons windy, then prepares her for the flight back to turn in the dwarfs head.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    When they meet, Thorne greets Cassia and introduces himself. "Nikolaos Thorne at your service miss Cassia. You're off the books at this point. You cannot go home obviously, any more than Anvil can, but other than that you're done with chains and being another's property for the foreseeable future."

    "I'm sure you're waiting for the catch, well here it is. I swore to uphold the Emperor's peace, and I have spent a lifetime working and fighting to do exactly that. At this point I only have Anvillian's word that you are innocent, weighed against the legal judgement of the ogre courts. Further, other than the Muse being willing to trust him, I cannot claim to really know Anvillian just yet. Meaning no offense to either of you, but that's not quite enough. I know the courts in question are flawed, especially in judging gnomes like yourself, but still. I ask only one thing of you to prove your own innocence, at least to my satisfaction. Don't run off. Stay nearby for the time being, until I can get a sense of your character. So long as you do stay with us, I'll do everything I can to keep you out of the hands of anyone hoping to correct the... clerical error that let you walk free without a brand. Fair enough?"

    "I won't ask or demand anything else of you in that regard, but you should know this trip presents an opportunity to prove yourself to more than just me. Anvillian has been promised a formal pardon in exchange for his help with this matter of the cult. If we can show that you were an active help with this hunt, I think it is safe to say we can convince the Muse to extend that offer to you as well. At the end of this, the both of you could go home if that is your wish. Or make a new home wherever else you might want to go for that matter."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    @Anvillian and Thorne

    To Anvillian Cassia gives a simple willing to help response.

    To Thorne on the ship deck, "The Ogre courts may be flawed but not in this, I am guilty. I deserve this or death. It is my actions that lead to Horg's death. I will do what I can to atone, that is all I have left.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Drifting Worlds IC

    Thorne looks in between Cassia and Anvil, "Your friend seems to recall things differently. Perhaps it would be best to set the story straight? What happened?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •