Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Drifting Worlds OOC

Sorry I haven't been checking in as often as I mean to - does the 1 week time skip apply to both groups?

Anvillian would simply hold to the notion that it's not unusual for a sword smith who crafts a sword that takes their family's lives to feel responsible, but the responsible party is the one wielding the sword, not the craftsman. He's in denial about the nature of Cassia's involvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been checking in as often as I mean to - does the 1 week time skip apply to both groups?

Anvillian would simply hold to the notion that it's not unusual for a sword smith who crafts a sword that takes their family's lives to feel responsible, but the responsible party is the one wielding the sword, not the craftsman. He's in denial about the nature of Cassia's involvement.
    It will be a 2 week downtime. I had to stick that scene in the middle of it. You can do as you please for two weeks.

@Daishain and Aegis
    I didn't have a chance to work it into the post but Cassia makes each of you 20k worth of magic item.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-24 at 09:57 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

on shoping with the 20K - GM are there any particular limits or things that kamryn might not find ?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

That is a good question and I forgot we are a low magic setting. Not sure how I did that.

Well seeing as to keep the party balanced I gave the other group magic items it seems unfair to limit what it can be spent on.

So just the normal no custom items. *stares at the ring of true strike in the corner* you know what you did.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

okay how about this the Adamantine Razor Talons for windy the roc are only masterworked they are a pair so
    +1 @ 2,000 x 2 = 4,000 gp
    and then for kamryn
    Whispering gloves 15,400 gp object touched or held by the wearer’s hands makes no sound
    leaving 600 gp into the bag for later

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

All right, if it is permissible, I would like to build a "ring of invisibility" effect into Torill's harness, to match the actual ring that Thorne wears so they can go scouting together without being seen. If I have the pricing correct market price for that would be 30k. I have enough cash to cover the remaining 10k of that cost.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm taking Third Eye Aware + Clarity (13,000), Shirt of Wraith Stalking (6,000), Hand of the Mage (900), and two Potions of Enlarge Person (50g each).

Who doesn't want a +10 bonus to visual perception, the chance to laugh at intelligent undead without being noticed, and extremely minor telekinesis at-will?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

presuming my things are okay i will put them to sheet

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    presuming my things are okay i will put them to sheet
    That is fine Sam. I believe every ones purchases are okay thus far.

@Daishain

Spoiler: 3 levels of findings
    Show

The lands of Gold Tusk are very deep in the continent of Enotse with 2 portions existing at the very bottom of the continent. The so called hanging gardens are crops grown hanging from the island relying on light shining on the bottom of Enotse at night. They provide a fair portion of the produce of the surrounding clans, they require extensive irrigation brought down from the snow melt far above. The second location is a sky port and shipyard with adjacent float stone quarry. It is likely that the Marrow Wind's float stone came from this very quarry.

Albert Gold Tusk is the child of a pair of orc servants, neither of noble blood. He has lead the clan well since the death of the last orc lord. He is reasonably respected but more than a few dwarfs dislike him, happy that the interludes of orc leadership are short lived, compared to a dwarf life. This is somewhat expected when nonnoble parents have a noble child, or when a lower race is granted the divine right to rule. Gold Tusk faces both of these hardships.

You were drawn to this place as it has the greatest number of missing people, 28 in total, However other nearby clans have also suffered less numerous losses. These clans tend to also be attached to the bottom surface of Enotse.

Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-28 at 11:15 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

so when i asked about the +1 to the roc's talons I had forgotten this was under ABP: so for that +1 i will just make it ghost touch weapon and that takes care of the ABP issue

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't think to comment on that either so don't feel bad.

So I am just going to cut out some conversation and get the ball rolling again.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    I didn't think to comment on that either so don't feel bad.

So I am just going to cut out some conversation and get the ball rolling again.
    I appreciate when the figurative ball is rolling. Thanks.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, busy weekend, will catch up
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

kamryn is in background listening but nothing worthwhile posting IC over

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Aegis, why speak with advisors? I am asking because I'd rather not name a bunch of npcs and the other book keeping tasks. I admit this is a petty reason and Gold Tusk has little in game reason to say no, so if you have a good reason I got no problem doing it. Otherwise I plan to say "The advisors say much the same as gold tusk" and move on.

Any one else want to get questions in before my next post?
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-11-06 at 11:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Chances are the advisors have more specific information on who is disappearing and how, or at the very least can point us to the specific people who do know. Those are the sort of details that a leader typically delegates.

That stated, I for one am perfectly fine with keeping that abstract and moving on
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Exactly the reason Daishain stated. I'm looking for the most clearly actionable information we can get, and I suspect Gold Tusk will just have a 50,000 ft view unless he believes it involves a threat to his reign or kingdom.

I'm good with leaving it abstract, I simply don't have enough information even as a player to determine what would be a good next step at this point, so if Gold Tusk can't provide, off I go to the next NPC.

I'd usually advocate abstracting this to the max with a Gather Information roll and simply state how much gold I'm willing to part with greasing palms for info, but PF doesn't have that skill.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Gold Tusk will give names, I was just wanted to know if I had to name advisers as well.

In pathfinder gather information was devoured by diplomacy, who now has all abilities of it. I thought it is largely unchanged in mechanics otherwise. Here is how it works. So as it turns out spending money is no longer needed, but every DM I have ever met still required me to spend coins on it. I'll let you drop some coins for a bonus on the roll.

The gather info check is separate from the gold tusk talks.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

so generically with that list do we want to go as a large group to each with the guide or split up and take directions for those not with the guide ?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

We cover more ground more rapidly if we split up, but if anyone runs into trouble, it may be dangerous to be alone. We believe there is a dangerous cult in the area, so I'm inclined to stick together.

Also didn't realize Diplomacy had subsumed Gather Information. That's good to know, though I'd be happy to spend some gold and roll to Aid Another for another party member on it as I strongly suspect my +5 isn't the best this group has to offer.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-11-09 at 04:27 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Probably not the best diplomacy.

On splitting the party, it certainly would be faster but this being play by post, each player moves at a different pace. It may be hard to roleplay this and not wait a week for one player to finish.

That said interviewing all listed names may take a month real time if we don't split the party.

Maybe we can do this in a set number of posts. Each interview has an intro, a list of questions, the npc response to the questions. It does however kill the roleplay, so may not be the best solution. Thoughts on it? Feel free to post any changes you'd like.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    We cover more ground more rapidly if we split up, but if anyone runs into trouble, it may be dangerous to be alone. We believe there is a dangerous cult in the area, so I'm inclined to stick together.

Also didn't realize Diplomacy had subsumed Gather Information. That's good to know, though I'd be happy to spend some gold and roll to Aid Another for another party member on it as I strongly suspect my +5 isn't the best this group has to offer.
    I understand the risks to both splitting and not... on diplomacy not sure if any are better than +5 but it beats my 0 unless Intimidate is taken into the diplomacy factor ... mwahaha

Probably not the best diplomacy.

On splitting the party, it certainly would be faster but this being play by post, each player moves at a different pace. It may be hard to roleplay this and not wait a week for one player to finish.

That said interviewing all listed names may take a month real time if we don't split the party.

Maybe we can do this in a set number of posts. Each interview has an intro, a list of questions, the npc response to the questions. It does however kill the roleplay, so may not be the best solution. Thoughts on it? Feel free to post any changes you'd like.
    while a list of questions could be useful in cutting down time overall and the generic RP the only other issue I could see is sometime the answers raise more questions.

as a whole I was just trying to see what the feel was from the party on getting more things done in a shorter time frame with the understanding of the risks. that said I am good either way

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Honestly unless something dramatic and interesting will occur at any of these places, I strongly advocate this, leg work to find the action or drama is a struggle for a play by post game. We could even have the Diplomacy/Gather Info roll as part of this.

Maybe a questionnaire like:
    1. Can you tell us about the disappearances you know about?

2. Was there anything strange that you noticed?

3. Have you seen or heard about anything unusual happening in the region recently?

(follow up question for an affirmative response) - is there anybody who might know more about it?

Then follow the new leads until we find something promising.

Everybody please feel free to make additions or suggestions.

I'll roll the diplomacy if we need, but I think Thorne with his background which might've included etiquette training would be the better face-man. Anvillian would push for that anytime he could, since Anvillian is generally used to snarling at people and being an enforcer to elicit cooperation rather than being friendly, though he's been humbled enough to try diplomacy.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-11-11 at 09:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Well tomorrow mourning I will write in the Bottlebringer bit, provided nothing interrupts my break at work.

We can discus the shorthand investigation method while multitasking.

edit:

Spoiler: You can't unsee this
    Show
    I know every one is concerned about how the tarrasque will be a threat in the flying island game.

Last edited by redfeline; 2019-11-11 at 11:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Should I just apply the questionnaire from aegis to this interview to save time?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'd be fine with that.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Unless there's some kind of clue or significance to the story or a character in the party or one of our objectives, my vote is abstract this part and move to the next scene of relevance. If you say there's something worth the time here, we proceed here, but it sounds almost like this could be filler material and if any of these are red herrings, it will really be a slog with PbP pacing.

If we do that, I'd suggest we just use the diplomacy roll from Daishain as the Gather Info check, and I'll toss in my aid another and how much coin I'm willing to throw around to try to buy circumstance bonuses. Getting someone to give up information on a cult that's making people disappear may not be easy if they know the cult could disappear them.

Redfeline, if you have any ideas and think there are any other checks that might be worth it (Sense Motive, Perceptions as we go, etc) that you have clues or useful information about the cult you could give us as the party gumshoes it between panels, we'd be happy to do it.

If you say this scene has relevance and importance to the story or one of the characters, I'll believe you and see what we can interrogate out of the grieving Mrs. Bottlebringer.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-11-16 at 08:03 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry I was interrupted mid post this mourning. The questions spoiler in miss bottlebringer's post is now complete. Please go check it when you can.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hmm, I'm not sure what to do with the answers to the questionnaire, it seems like an emotional issue for the grieving Bottlebringer, but that doesn't seem particularly suspect. There doesn't appear to be any clues available here either based on Kamryn's perception and the lack of evidence. A old woman having a hunch doesn't inform our next move. Other than rinse repeat and hoping for a different result, does anybody have any ideas of what we might do next to get information about this cult or perhaps have a spell or item they can use to help direct our moves, a Divination or Commune or Contact Other Plane or something? Maybe a favor owed to you from backstory?

Am I just missing something that's in front of my face? Do we already have some information and just aren't putting two and two together?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Well she is the most recent case. One other case in particular stands out.