New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I'll post more information when I have it, probably after I've yelled at a few more people.
    Good on you, Giant. It's a shame that you have to yell at people to get them to do what they're paid to do, but sadly, such is life. I'll just look forward that much more keenly to my book and calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

No e-mail, no watermark; but the book looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Alish View Post
    I am afraid that there might be something wrong with comic 991, side b, in the gumroad pdf. Specifically, the comic bubbles are still there, but the page is otherwise dark.
    Try a different pdf reader. From what I can see, most readers render this page fine; but a few don't seem to handle the crayon-art jpeg well. This is what I get from the same file on Chrome (fine) & Sumatra (weird): i.imgur.com/7tyJSFL.png
    Last edited by baf307; 2019-12-11 at 02:08 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

My update in case you're counting: card charged a few days ago but no mail about the (digital) book being ready. I checked here, then logged into my account and could download immedialtely. PDF looks great :-D

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    What about the ones who are getting the lower rate shipping to Canada and Europe? Anyone got one of those yet?
    No shipping notification yet, but my order had a couple of extra books (which are supposed to be gifts) and the calendar. But if the calendar's aren't ready, that would explain why the order hasn't shipped.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by baf307 View Post
    No e-mail, no watermark; but the book looks great!

Try a different pdf reader. From what I can see, most readers render this page fine; but a few don't seem to handle the crayon-art jpeg well. This is what I get from the same file on Chrome (fine) & Sumatra (weird): i.imgur.com/7tyJSFL.png
    yeah, I tried another reader and it worked. Which is weird because all the pastels from the other books show up fine in the original reader. But no biggie at this point.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Aaaaand book arrived, along with my other order, the coloring book!

I assume on the last panel of bonus strip 1170c, the "shut up" is supposed to be white text on black speech balloon?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-12-11 at 11:55 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

I never got an email for the book. I downloaded it when I got the email for the calendar. As with others, I have no watermark on the book's front page. I still haven't received the book email, and checking on gumroad just now, the book still doesn't sport a watermark (although the preview for it does).

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

There's a lot of gold in the commentary and bonus strips. I got a few good laughs, but in particular I was crying laughing at

Spoiler: Utterly Dwarfed bonus material
    Show
    Elan's illusion of an airship.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    There's a lot of gold in the commentary and bonus strips. I got a few good laughs, but in particular I was crying laughing at

Show
    Thanks for putting that in Spoilers.

My book is still waiting for the calendars! <grumble grumble printers grumble grumble>
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

10. - Top - End - #190

PDFs are easier to transport than dead tree. Just saying.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    You buy the products you like, and others will buy the products they like.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Halfling in the Playground

I also got an email with the download link for the calendar from Gumroad, but nothing for the book. However, I was able to download the book from my Library page, and when I did so, it did have the watermark. This was yesterday afternoon my time (so yesterday evening/night Eastern time).

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Another thing I really like about having the PDF is how well it scales, so we can finally see stuff like, for example, Durkon and Minrah's expressions in the last panel of 1134.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Oh man, that in particular was really good.

15. - Top - End - #195

Are the physical calendars arriving today?

16. - Top - End - #196

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
    Are the physical calendars arriving today?
    My fingers are crossed...
    Namer Of MitD Threads

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Another thing I really like about having the PDF is how well it scales, so we can finally see stuff like, for example, Durkon and Minrah's expressions in the last panel of 1134.
    I would like to add my thanks, too. My husband has been losing his vision over the past few years and it's reached the point where he can't read the paper books anymore, but the digital version scale well enough that he's still able to read them.

18. - Top - End - #198

WolfInSheepsClothing

This is probably a stupid question, but are the little pictures at the beginning of the books visual dedications? I got that impression but wasn't sure.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

I have an issue with the Gumroad purchase that I haven't seen mentioned yet. I got the email and link, and when I go to my library (via the website), I can *read* the book just fine. But when I try to download it's just an empty text file named `OOTS06_UtterlyDwarfed_DigitalEdition_v1.txt`. I bought via pre-order.

This isn't urgent for me; I also got the hardcopy book (which is great, of course!). But I thought I'd air it just in case others are having a problem.

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHanson View Post
    I have an issue with the Gumroad purchase that I haven't seen mentioned yet. I got the email and link, and when I go to my library (via the website), I can *read* the book just fine. But when I try to download it's just an empty text file named `OOTS06_UtterlyDwarfed_DigitalEdition_v1.txt`. I bought via pre-order.

This isn't urgent for me; I also got the hardcopy book (which is great, of course!). But I thought I'd air it just in case others are having a problem.
    I've been getting that too ever since I got home from work on the 10th. Can't get it on any other computer or tablet.

21. - Top - End - #201

It worked fine for me, using Firefox. What browsers are you using? Microsoft seems to have borked stuff with those updates they rolled out last weekend.

22. - Top - End - #202

It worked fine for me, using Firefox. What browsers are you using? Microsoft seems to have borked stuff with those updates they rolled out last weekend.
    Vivaldi, and stock internet browser on my phone, as well as the official Gumroad app on my phone.

Vivaldi was also the browser I originally downloaded it on at work, so I don't it's a browser issue.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

I tried with both Chrome and Safari on a Mac. The only difference is the filename of the empty text file that gets downloaded. With Chrome it's `OOTS06_UtterlyDwarfed_DigitalEdition_v1.txt` and with Safari it's `OOTS06_UtterlyDwarfed_DigitalEdition_v1.pdf.txt`.

I have downloaded the other OOTS PDFs from Gumroad just fine in the past using the same computer.

jt

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    You buy the products you like, and others will buy the products they like.
    And some of us will buy all the products in all the formats, because... obsessive. ;)

25. - Top - End - #205

It's called supporting the artist, thank you very much.

26. - Top - End - #206

AssassinGuy

Just you try reading one on your laptop, in the bathroom.
    Namer Of MitD Threads

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Paul View Post
    Just you try reading one on your laptop, in the bathroom.
    That's why the gods made tablets.

28. - Top - End - #208

I'm guessing the printer lied about them arriving on Thursday, huh?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
    I'm guessing the printer lied about them arriving on Thursday, huh?
    Hard to say, as he did say that there were a lot of orders and it would take a while to get out. After all, I didn't order the calendar (but did also order Book 1/2 which was still listed as in-stock; now sold out) and my physical copy of Utterly Dwarfed hasn't shipped yet.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Just got my shipping notice! I’m guessing I’m one of the last to get it out of everyone who ordered the book by itself, since I thought I preordered but apparently forgot to do so (I was waiting on my main payday of the year before ordering, and it was late, so by the time it finally arrived I must have forgotten that I hadn’t ordered the book yet).

How long did everyone else have to wait between their shipping email and the book’s arrival? I’m having a hard time resisting the temptation to skip the wait and just buy the PDF.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.