New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Whereupon, they immediately go for a nap?
    If that ever happened, that'd still be a win. But it hasn't yet.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

There's an extra unnecessary comma after the "...reason you, helped," in panel 4 on page 1089b.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raydar View Post
    There's an extra unnecessary comma after the "...reason you, helped," in panel 4 on page 1089b.
    Finders, keepers :p

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Raydar View Post
    I'm fascinated. The book has been printed, it is on a ship (I like to imagine an airship) headed to Europe. And you think your proofreading will do what?

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Well, not for the people who got the digital version. To be fair, though, I don't see it as a calendar (since I don't use it at all), I see it as bonus cool art and jokes.
    That reminds me I should go pick up mine from Gumroad.

Got a pack of the old ones cheap, my plan was to frame them as artwork. But they are doublesided artwork, and I didn't have enough wall so plan is taking a hiatus atm. Even the 2 years calenders I got when Book 5 was released and have in physical form kay aroudn waiting for me to figure it out.
    Last edited by snowblizz; 2019-12-18 at 06:55 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    I'm fascinated. The book has been printed, it is on a ship (I like to imagine an airship) headed to Europe. And you think your proofreading will do what?
    Potentially allow the Giant to fix such errors in the digital version and whatever source he may use to reprint the book (if it ever comes to that)?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cwebb View Post
    If I preorder to europe now, it still shows the higher shipping prices? Do I still get a refund later on?
    The pre-order is over; it only lasted until the books arrived. Now it is just a regular order, and so the lower shipping cost offer is no longer available.

I know I should change the banners that still say pre-order on them but I do not have the time right now for anything but this quick note (in fact, I'm glad that the fix I made to the Gumroad file seems to have cleared things up for people because it turns out I don't have time to dig into that, either). I'll try to change them this weekend.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

7. - Top - End - #247
    Halfling in the Playground

I just got a shipping notification this morning for a calendar and book order - thanks, Giant and Ookoodook. I look forward to reading.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Yeah, I got the same e-mail as Stabbey, so looks like late January or even sometime in February for the European orders. I don't think we can really complain about that, the Giant and Ookoodook worked hard to find some method of getting the European deliveries done at a lower cost, we should probably have expected they wouldn't be quite as fast.

I also got this e-mail, which confirmed I hadn't messed up my preorder, which was a relief :) And while i was looking forward to taking these to family on new years to read (as they have been invited out, I haven't been but I'm housesiitting for them) it's at least good to know they will come eventually... even if it may be end of Jan for the UK.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Still eagerly awaiting shipping notification and tracking info on Utterly Dwarfed and two other books, no calendar.

10. - Top - End - #250

Is this the point where I remind folks that sometimes they don't send out the e-mail right away when they ship the box? Last book, I got it the same day I was e-mailed (although that could have been because my last name is kinda common and they mixed me up with someone else).

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Is this the point where I remind folks that sometimes they don't send out the e-mail right away when they ship the box? Last book, I got it the same day I was e-mailed (although that could have been because my last name is kinda common and they mixed me up with someone else).
    I appreciate this reminder. Not that I HAVE to have it by Christmas, but right now it's the only gift I will get to open that day...
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural one.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'd be happy with just an estimated ship or arrival date from them.
    Last edited by onionbreath; 2019-12-19 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Add detail

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Got the email mine is going to be shipped yesterday! This is actually good timing for me, since now I’ll be home when it arrives.

Peelee’s Lotsey

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

I think every one of my orders from Ookoodook, I got the email after I had already received the product.

15. - Top - End - #255

I can do better than that. I got an e-mail from a book distributor (Aberdeen Books in Ohio, lovely place for a professional bookworm) telling me that my latest order had been delayed...two days after my order had arrived.

Stuff like that leads to you going nuts and then getting very Zen about the whims of package delivery.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Two packages arrived at my (Massachusetts) house today. They both contained a copy of Utterly Dwarfed.

Guess I have an extra to loan out to friends now.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

I can do better than that. I got an e-mail from a book distributor (Aberdeen Books in Ohio, lovely place for a professional bookworm) telling me that my latest order had been delayed...two days after my order had arrived.

Stuff like that leads to you going nuts and then getting very Zen about the whims of package delivery.
    I think that's a sign of a company not caring enough about their workflow than anything to do with the whims of package delivery. It's not difficult to link those two steps. If a company is consistently treating it as two separate workflows that can be done at different times, that's a problem with the company not caring enough about customer service, or just plain incompetence. Especially if it keeps happening.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo hoo! Just got my shipping notification (Book and calendar)! Thanks, Ookoodook!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

19. - Top - End - #259

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Woo hoo! Just got my shipping notification (Book and calendar)! Thanks, Ookoodook!
    Same here. I ordered late in the pre-order phase, it makes me wonder if the shipments are put together in the order they were received...? Not that it matters as long as I get my stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Both arrived as part of Saturday mail, all new material has been read, and they are now shelved alongside the rest of the collection (minus Start of Darkness, which currently lives in my office).
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I got my shipping notification. 🙂

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Book and calendar have arrived! Just in time for Hanukkah and Christmas too. The calendar looks fantastic as always; I'll probably update with more detailed impressions of both later.

Peelee’s Lotsey

23. - Top - End - #263

Mine arrived at my old address, despite "Tina" saying she would change it back in October.

Honestly Rich, can you find a partner that doesn't use generic email accounts like "[email protected]" and has some sort of actual customer service that can be contacted? I was able to retrieve it, but I'm not a happy customer at all.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It's a Christmas miracle! My book and calendar arrived this morning, though I can't look at them until tomorrow. Thanks, Ookoodook and Rich and USPS!
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural one.

25. - Top - End - #265

AssassinGuy

Hooray!! Came home from brunch to find a big box on my porch!

Now the challenge is to resist starting the book before I finish what I'm currently reading, or I'll never get back to it. And I'm reading a heck of a good book right now.

I did read the back cover, the first thing I always do. I love the Giant's habit of including, shall we say, a "meh" review of OotS on each of his own book covers.
    "I like it quite a bit, despite its somewhat infamous wordiness..."
    high praise indeed.
    Last edited by Darth Paul; 2019-12-24 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Hi,
    I ordered the calendar online, which I got by email

I also ordered Utterly Dwarfed BOTH online and also a printed copy. I don't have either of those yet.

I can understand the printed copy not being here yet, I'm in Australia and I'm usually one of the last to get the printed copies of the books. The Oookdook tracking for my shipment says it's still in Chicago. So it's still got a long way to go :-)

The thing I'm getting concerned about is that I don't have the .pdf version of Utterly Dwarfed. I got an email on 11th December from Paypal saying I'd paid US$19 for it, but I don't think I ever got a download link to get it.

Did I miss something ? Maybe my Spam filter zapped the email with the link ?

Cheers.
    Official Kosh of the Vorlon in the dark fan club
    -- Lothos now Half Orc in playground, other half also Orc --

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lothos View Post
    Hi,

I also ordered Utterly Dwarfed BOTH online and also a printed copy. I don't have either of those yet.

I can understand the printed copy not being here yet, I'm in Australia and I'm usually one of the last to get the printed copies of the books. The Oookdook tracking for my shipment says it's still in Chicago. So it's still got a long way to go :-)

The thing I'm getting concerned about is that I don't have the .pdf version of Utterly Dwarfed. I got an email on 11th December from Paypal saying I'd paid US$19 for it, but I don't think I ever got a download link to get it.

Cheers.
    Did you try checking the site?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lothos View Post
    Hi,

Cheers.

If you log in to Gumroad you should be able to download the book directly by clicking on the book and then selecting 'read'.
    Originally Posted by Oxenstierna
    "I thought it would probably be funniest if, after the preparation to influence the council through extensive exploitation of the laws, the vampires overlooked something simple that was allowed, and could stop them. Like a hammer in the face. Explicitly cited as permissible under Dwarf Law by ruling of King Hammerface. Also known as Hammerface the Terrible Debater."

29. - Top - End - #269

Yeah, as the Giant noted in his Twitter feed (see summary on left side of screen), Gumroad apparently didn't send e-mails out for Utterly Dwarfed.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by unluckiest13 View Post
    If you log in to Gumroad you should be able to download the book directly by clicking on the book and then selecting 'read'.
    Hmmmmmm. I don't think I have a login to Gumroad. I can visit https://gumroad.com/, then click on "login" and I know what email address I used to purchase the books, but it's asking for a password. I don't believe I've ever had a gumroad password. I can't log in using facebook or twitter, because I have never had either a facebook or witter account (nor do I want an account for either). I'll have to look through all my old emails and see if I did once get a password from them.

Yeah, as the Giant noted in his Twitter feed (see summary on left side of screen), Gumroad apparently didn't send e-mails out for Utterly Dwarfed.
    Ah, as mentioned just a few lines ago, I don't use Twitter, or have an account, so that's why I missed it ! I should probably check the twitter feed link in the left of the forum more often. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers.

EDIT:
    OK, I definitely don't have an account with Gumroad. I tried the "I've forgotten my password" link with the email address I always use to purchase OOTS stuff from them and it says "An account does not exist with that email."

WHen I buy stuff from OOTS via Gumroad, I always just make a one-off purchase. I never bothered to set up an account. In the past, I've just received an email and downloaded the thing I bought.

Is there any way to get Gumroad to send me an email with the download link ? Is there a reason why they didn't do that this time ?

I probably should have set up an account with them, but I usually prefer not to set up accounts where I don't absolutely have to. I prefer not to give personal information to companies to keep.. hence not having a facebook or twitter account too... :-)

EDIT2:

OK, I really should have read the twitter feed thing carefully before even posting this... but I don't tend to think of twitter much. I never use it. Anyway, Rich said:
    Hmm, it looks like emails with links for the book may not be going out, but the book is available to download nonetheless if you pre-ordered. You can get it by going to https://gumroad.com/library and logging in (or creating an account using the same email you used to buy).
    (emphasis mine, on creating a new account)

So..... I just created an account and let's see if I can get it that way.

EDIT 3:

Yep, that worked. Looks like I can even re-download anything I've paid for in the past too. I probably should have set up an account right at the start.
    Just waiting for the paper copy to arrive now.
    Last edited by lothos; 2019-12-27 at 07:21 AM.
    Official Kosh of the Vorlon in the dark fan club
    -- Lothos now Half Orc in playground, other half also Orc --