New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Misting Out, Or The Curly Shuffle

I have seen it mentioned that The Vampire With No Name, otherwise known as Curly is misting out. I'm stuck viewing the comic on a phone, so I can't see the big picture.

I see Curly in the final frame of the first page, but not at all on the second page. In the last panel in which she appears she is still solid.

What am I missing?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Misting Out, Or The Curly Shuffle

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    I have seen it mentioned that The Vampire With No Name, otherwise known as Curly is misting out. I'm stuck viewing the comic on a phone, so I can't see the big picture.

I see Curly in the final frame of the first page, but not at all on the second page. In the last panel in which she appears she is still solid.

What am I missing?
    This, I think :
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

First panel of the second page has an unidentified black smoke behind the Exarch's speech balloon and the dark skinned elder (the guy who is last to vote).
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Thanks, I totally mist that. But being misted won't save her from Thor's Lightening which can now come through the hole in the ceiling, or from the effects of the hammer. Though it will prevent her from counterattacking.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks, I totally mist that. But being misted won't save her from Thor's Lightening which can now come through the hole in the ceiling, or from the effects of the hammer. Though it will prevent her from counterattacking.
    Presumably she misted out of the room.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hitting a cleric of Hel with lightning is the same kind of interference as having Hel stop the heart of one of Thor's clerics. Can be done when nobody is watching, but will get you in hot water if someone is.

So that won't be happening. Thor giving the hammer just the right nudge that it will come back down to smash a rock into the table is as much interference as he can do.

7. - Top - End - #7

Also, Noname is the one with a bowl-cut hair style fighting Minrah. Curly is the one with long curly hair.

And with Minrah getting her smackening on and Gontor taking on the Thundershields, her booking it makes her last one standing when this is all done.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Hitting a cleric of Hel with lightning is the same kind of interference as having Hel stop the heart of one of Thor's clerics. Can be done when nobody is watching, but will get you in hot water if someone is.
    I'm actually curious how the gods split that particular hair. The storm Thor sent to stop the Mechane was plausibly in the ordinary course of business for Thor, but it was such a freak storm that people took note--especially since the lightning was avoiding the lightning rod in order to hit the ship. If Hel's randomly giving out diabetes, who's to say some of those people can't randomly be Thor's cleric?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Loki, who is in the same room as Hel.

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xyril View Post
    I'm actually curious how the gods split that particular hair. The storm Thor sent to stop the Mechane was plausibly in the ordinary course of business for Thor, but it was such a freak storm that people took note--especially since the lightning was avoiding the lightning rod in order to hit the ship. If Hel's randomly giving out diabetes, who's to say some of those people can't randomly be Thor's cleric?
    Yes but a) it was a storm b) it was hitting the ship, both things that could happen naturally. The lightning rods aren't fail proof. And c) it could be dispelled by a cleric of Hel with a simple spell.
    Thor did not target Durkon directly and fry him with 20 simultaneous lightning strikes. He could probably have done that. That was more akin to what Hel was planning to do.

As for Diabetes: Sure she can do that, the cleric can case Cure Disease and be fine again. Same as with the storm. Sneaking in and stopping the heart of a cleric is a whole other level of interference

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Yes but a) it was a storm b) it was hitting the ship, both things that could happen naturally. The lightning rods aren't fail proof. And c) it could be dispelled by a cleric of Hel with a simple spell.
    Thor did not target Durkon directly and fry him with 20 simultaneous lightning strikes. He could probably have done that. That was more akin to what Hel was planning to do.

As for Diabetes: Sure she can do that, the cleric can case Cure Disease and be fine again. Same as with the storm. Sneaking in and stopping the heart of a cleric is a whole other level of interference
    Thor could throw down lightning through the hole, but he'd need to make a storm cloud first and then it'd just be randomly hitting the hole, not aiming at a specific vampire. The presence of points that Gontor can't enter without dying is much more useful than the idea that if he went by those areas he would be zapped.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Thor's Lightening is a spell Durkon knows from his domain list.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Thor's Lightening is a spell Durkon knows from his domain list.
    Thor's Lightning is a deity-specific spell. It's no different than Thor's Might (or Hel's Might for that matter) in that sense.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad