New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Hero Oh Hero

1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hero Oh Hero

Umm, neorice is there, pretty sure he insinuated a few times Noah is pandemonium. I'll see if I can dig a quote.He is literally the word of god.

And Alcemon did decent wiki gathering, he talked to Neorice about it and even some unreleased stuff yet.
    Uhm no. Neorice seems to enjoy the speculation. And extremely rarely offers an actual comment.
    His word is indeed the word of god. The wiki? not as much.

I think you might be only one confused by this. I don't see anyone else debating about this.
    You mean your the only one here confused by the opposite? That goes both ways.

Also its extremely rude to throw insults like confused, when you have in fact not been able to deliver any factual evidence.
    Only the oppinion of other fans who have equally lacked factual evidence.

It still doesn't negate my point. If ghouls are spawned with a quest, what happens if a quest happens every 100-300 years? With a special exception for seasonal events - like the End Times.
    Your point was a strawman anyway. Noone contested Infinite's spawning rate was special.
    What was contested was that its -every- pandemonium user who turns into a ghoul.
    Instead of possibly just some.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Uhm no. Neorice seems to enjoy the speculation. And extremely rarely offers an actual comment.
    His word is indeed the word of god. The wiki? Not as much.
    Finally found it.
    https://imgur.com/a/sWO8X34

I was only confused that Free magic can't use Spirit Magic. They can. I corrected myself.
    The quote by a third party went something like "Using Spirit Magic as Free Magic user is like using a flamethrower to light a candle". I thought it implied unsafety, but it could have been just that it's wasteful.

Also its extremely rude to throw insults like confused, when you have in fact not been able to deliver any factual evidence.
    Only the oppinion of other fans who have equally lacked factual evidence.
    Confused isn't an insult. Everyone gets confused about something. You are, however, the only one arguing that Noah isn't Pandemonium.

It's extremely rude to assume that other party is automatically arguing in bad faith when I just picked up on clues and the general setting of the world. Many works rely on hints by the author, and authors can be long dead - i.e. not able to explain what they meant.
    Also, those fans talked to the author and have little incentive to lie and distort (yes, they can forget, but Alcemon was in contact with neo for a long time, so the chance of an error was minimized).

What was contested was that its -every- pandemonium user who turns into a ghoul.
    Instead of possibly just some.
    http://www.neorice.com/hoh_tobi_2479

Foxy - So what's was that all about!? Magic users aren't supposed to just turn into ghouls like that, right!?
    Shaliah - Not at this speed, no.
    Shaliah inadvertently confirmed they turn into ghouls eventually. If it weren't a given, Shaliah answer would be something like "No. This is new" or "Not always".

Am I hundred percent on that, no? But it fits the theme. It explains a few questions:
    1. Why would Pandemonium spirits give their powers to mortals?
    2. Why does Infini-ghoul talk like Cryoarmata?
    3. Why do ghouls love quests and killing?

Helping mortals allows Pandemonium spirits to get a new body to resurrect as ghouls. After that killing, doing quests allows Ghouls to unlock their abilities (see http://www.neorice.com/hoh_tobi_2470 "You have nothing going for you beyond brute strength, at least not until you succeed at your so-called mission").

That or just borrowing powers gives them +1 life in MMO Hero oh Hero, and they start as level 1.
    Last edited by -D-; 2022-07-16 at 07:04 AM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Finally found it.

I was only confused that Free magic can't use Spirit Magic. They can. I corrected myself.
    The quote by a third party went something like "Using Spirit Magic as Free Magic user is like using a flamethrower to light a candle". I thought it implied unsafety, but it could have been just that it's wasteful.

And if there is one thing Noah is good at, it's wasting his talents, so he is definitely free magic :D

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    And if there is one thing Noah is good at, it's wasting his talents, so he is definitely free magic :D

I think he'd have way more difficulty with spirit magic if he was Free Magic. Also, the school is able to notice free magic users.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Finally found it.

Well fair thats in turn an actual author quote. While it does confirm Noah's status, it also confirms it was as such not a given thing.

Confused isn't an insult. Everyone gets confused about something. You are, however, the only one arguing that Noah isn't Pandemonium.

It's extremely rude to assume that other party is automatically arguing in bad faith when I just picked up on clues and the general setting of the world. Many works rely on hints by the author, and authors can be long dead - i.e. not able to explain what they meant.
    Also, those fans talked to the author and have little incentive to lie and distort (yes, they can forget, but Alcemon was in contact with neo for a long time, so the chance of an error was minimized).
    Confused is absolutely an insult when you use it as the explanation for why someone could possibly disagree with you.
    And heck, you didnt even pick up more clues or anything like that. The author quote directly confirmed that what i stated was correct, that it was POSSIBLE for Noah to have been a free magic user.
    Just that it wasnt the case.

And yes those fans did talk with the author. That didnt prevent quite a few of them from having their own head stuck solidly in their own bum. Seeing only what they wanted to see.
    Or letting personal bias color their perception.

Shaliah inadvertently confirmed they turn into ghouls eventually. If it weren't a given, Shaliah answer would be something like "No. This is new" or "Not always".

Am I hundred percent on that, no? But it fits the theme. It explains a few questions:

Why would Pandemonium spirits give their powers to mortals?
    Why does Infini-ghoul talk like Cryoarmata?
    Why do ghouls love quests and killing?

Helping mortals allows Pandemonium spirits to get a new body to resurrect as ghouls. After that killing, doing quests allows Ghouls to unlock their abilities (see http://www.neorice.com/hoh_tobi_2470 "You have nothing going for you beyond brute strength, at least not until you succeed at your so-called mission").

That or just borrowing powers gives them +1 life in MMO Hero oh Hero, and they start as level 1.
    "just turn into ghouls" could just as easy imply there were more to it than this.
    That some or a decent amount do is likely, that all of them do? insufficient information to confirm that.

Also dont actually explain the relevant question, why does ghouls gets ability unlocks from doing quests.

I think he'd have way more difficulty with spirit magic if he was Free Magic. Also, the school is able to notice free magic users.
    Yeah because they spotted one of them going nuklear on a couple of thugs?
    Their way of "testing" for pandemonium magic was to throw an axe at Noah.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Well fair thats in turn an actual author quote. While it does confirm Noah's status, it also confirms it was as such not a given thing.
    It claims in the screenshot that Noah's a textbook definition of a Pandemonium user. Yes, my reasoning was a bit flawed, but intuition was on the money.

And heck, you didnt even pick upmore clues or anything like that. The author quote directly confirmed that what i stated was correct, that it was POSSIBLE for Noah to have been a free magic user.
    I thought that you disputed my timing. On re-read, it was much worse.

Check your glasses. Author stated that it was obvious, he wasn't trying to pull any Shenanigans with Noah. He's text book, milquetoast, square, 1-by-1 Pandemonium user. Not only that but we have detailed insight in how he operates (we see Ciel and her talks with Noah).

Yes. Some Free Magic user could pretend to be Pandemonium user, but for that to work, audience would need be unfamiliar with him, for the switcheroo to work. E.g. some Heroland hero could go haha you thought I was Pandemonium mage, I was free mage all along.

Could Noah be Free Magic user that's somehow mistaken for Pandemonium? Ciel would need not to exist (or be an outside factor), and Noah would need to be either the Bloody Stupid Johnson of HoH - not capable of crafting a water walk spell, but capable to improvise evasion via mind intrusion. Or some kind of genius/idiot that is willing to risk everything by pretending he has a different set of skills, to fool someone who wants to trick someone into ???

Additionally whatever was used to identify Alex and other FM users had to fail for Noah, speciffically.

Or. He could be an apathetic Pandemonium child soldier.

"just turn into ghouls" could just as easy imply there were more to it than this.
    The exact condition of Mage users turning into ghouls doesn't interest me.
    Even if it's something complex, given enough time, it will happen.

Also, dont actually explain the relevant question, why does ghouls gets ability unlocks from doing quests.
    Irrelevant to discussion at hand. Not enough data for speculation.

Either the world/God(s) imposes limits on them, or they are just programs in matrix doesn't affect the way that works. I.e. give mortals power, use post mortem mortal corpses to resurrect with limitations.

Yeah because they spotted one of them going nuklear on a couple of thugs?
    Their way of "testing" for pandemonium magic was to throw an axe at Noah.
    You are confusing royal guard with Veda project.

Guards will apprehend magic users. Professor and Veda have their ways to determine and help Free Magic users. After all, Magic School (Veda?) helped Alex formulate her Book of Alex free magic and Bandana Girl's anti-Spirit shot. They have ways of sussing out different types of magic.

They weren't testing Noah for Pandemonium. They tested him for reported but unknown teleport powers. Noah was in class with Spirit users and lower-grade Pandemonium.
    Last edited by -D-; 2022-07-18 at 08:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

This has probably been posited before, but has anyone considered that Noel is so effective at deceiving daddy because he's just telling the truth? Noel is the human created by Cheryl, and he doesn't want to die, so he needs to stop her without killing her.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

This has probably been posited before, but has anyone considered that Noel is so effective at deceiving daddy because he's just telling the truth? Noel is the human created by Cheryl, and he doesn't want to die, so he needs to stop her without killing her.
    It would be a twist, but wouldn't Malhart blocking Chernyl's power cause Noel to disappear as well?

Even if he's Chernyl's dream made manifest, why would Malhart power block everything other than him? It's more plausible that he's just her friend that was exposed to Chernyl's magic and like the kids in Black Crystal mines got immune to it.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

It's alright. Everything's fine. Not like I need to sleep. Ever again.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    New comic

It's alright. Everything's fine. Not like I need to sleep. Ever again.
    Not sure what's scarier. Having your parents eaten in front of you? Or seeing it and not crying?
    Last edited by -D-; 2022-07-21 at 05:51 AM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not sure what's scarier. Have your parents eaten in front of you? Or seeing it and not crying?
    I think my parents have regularly eaten in front of me, during dinner and stuff. It was hard but I survived.

Seriously though he is surprisingly well adjusted for what nightmare his childhood was.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    I think my parents have regularly eaten in front of me, during dinner and stuff. It was hard but I survived.
    Damn dude. My condolences :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Seriously though he is surprisingly well adjusted for what nightmare his childhood was.
    Not sure if well adjusted, is the right word. He may be a sociopath or just shocked mute.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Im not certain sociopath is quite fitting? Suffering from repressed trauma? i bet.
    But Noah was the star pupil at one of the most prestigeous schools.
    And seemed to care both for his fellow orphans, as well as for the Empire's enslaved soldiers.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Bugbear in the Playground

This isn't terribly relevant, but I just noticed how huge those hearts are. They'd have to come out of someone... what, about 12 feet tall, maybe 15(?) to be to scale.

And yeah, lot of sympathy for Noel here. Poor kid has already lived a nightmare, and he's not even 20 yet.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Noel is about to pop Noah's weak-ass for asking too many questions.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Well yeah. That or just tell him off slightly harder than need be.
    On the other hand. I guess Noah is so dense, less would not register.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

If Noel ever gets into a stable and healthier life situation, he's going to need some intense therapy.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Portent View Post
    If Noel ever gets into a stable and healthier life situation, he's going to need some intense therapy.
    Eh, Noel's therapists are gonna need therapists, but in this case Noah had it coming.

In fact this has to be the calmest, exceedingly polite snapping at someone I've ever seen.

Which is just more evidence he needs therapy.

But wow. Noah tends to be blunt to the point of being impolite (or vice versa?), but this is a new low.

Yes, Noah, he did what the Nightmare wanted. Because otherwise he'd be dead.
    Like everyone else it got its claws on.

Also, Noel should be careful with the d-word.
    It might come back and maybe reconsider the whole plan.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Im kinda assuming Malhart has already been doing what its possible to do.

By all account Noel has killed off a decent bit of his emotional capacity.
    Though thats still better than the alternative.
    And at least he still has a sense of right and wrong.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Portent View Post
    Outside escaping Justopeia, I kinda doubt it.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh sweet.

Nightmare-induced hallucinations beyond my wildest dreams.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

If it wasn't for the face plant I'd question when Noah was replaced.
    Our favorite non-tagonist almost looked cool here.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Today I discovered there's a coldplay song called daddy, and I wonder if hoh's daddy is loosely based on this (or at least the summoning song)

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

It can be its the source of cherryls nightmare about daddy :D

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Today I discovered there's a coldplay song called daddy, and I wonder if hoh's daddy is loosely based on this (or at least the summoning song)
    I've actually not heard that song before! It's so sad haha.

The main inspiration for the little song to summon Daddy
    Spoiler
    Show
    was mostly urban myths like Bloody Mary, where you say a rhyme or phrase to make a monster or ghost appear.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Well for those of us who are old enough.
    There is also that movie about.. who was it.. the candyman?

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Well for those of us who are old enough.
    There is also that movie about.. who was it.. the candyman?
    Ah yes. Caddyman. If you say put three time, he comes with his golf cart, and assists you for the rest of the day.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Ah yes. Caddyman. If you say put three time, he comes with his golf cart, and assists you for the rest of the day.
    And the horror part is.. he FORCES YOU TO PLAY GOLF! No cheating! No quitting before done!

29. - Top - End - #479
    Firbolg in the Playground

And the horror part is.. he FORCES YOU TO PLAY GOLF! No cheating! No quitting before done!
    That explains why this game just appeared on GOG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    This game is taking "pay to win" a bit to far.
    At thus point I wouldn't be surprised if there's another fee once they've past the lifts.

Which makes sense I guess, it's not actually a game after all.
    They don't want them to leave.

Oh well, money and keywords, should be easy, right?
    Though I think Mr Green might be somewhat misleading regarding why he won't pay the exit fee.