New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes 5 - Thrymskvida - Main

"Hmm," Horofay closed her eyes and smiled, ears perking.
    "You're right, it's five. And good detail on the ear cuff. I am satisfied. And no one outside our gang knows about the nail clippings, so I believe you. Tell Gorrun I'll aim for the park, since that's the most forgiving with the spell's limit on accuracy," she whispered.
    "Ride the darkness," she said, waving one hand. She melted into the shadows and disappeared.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix looks up. "Okay, she is on her way! Says she'll aim for the park due to the spell's inaccuracy. Do you wanna give Camille or Markas a try? I suspect they'll be harder, but if you have the spell power or scrolls to spare, I'm glad to give them a try."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I don't have the scrolls on me. I could buy some, or pick some up from the guard towers, but for the sake of speed we'll try it your way. Gorrun places his hand on the crystal halberd again and channeled three 1st and two 2nd level spell slots into the weapon. He thumbs through the folder he acquired from Camille's file and retrieved a signed form that didn't contain sensitive information. This might be of use. It contains Camille's signature.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2019-10-27 at 09:46 PM.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix grins, accepting the signature. "Excellent! One thing I like about you- when you ask for a favor, you make it quite easy for me. Let's see what we can do. If this doesn't work, I can try Markas, as we know each other better." Aurix casts Greater Scrying on Camille.

Camille needs to make a DC 32 Will save, at a -4 penalty.

Aurix grimaces. "Nope, I got shut down hard. And I think Markas is better equipped than her. I think Torilee could probably cast a Sending. She has a special power that would let her cast it spontaneously, but it's still a ten minute spell."
    Last edited by Andrew Markham; 2019-10-27 at 10:06 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Let's try Markas and if we fail again we'll use Sending. Gorrun channeled two 3rd and one 1st level spell slot into the weapon. Ais has an empathetic bond with him. Ais, could you try thinking calm, unguarded thoughts?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Aistriú's brows pinched and the danthienne closed their eyes and smiled sheepishly.
    "Sorry, I would if I could, but the link is only one-way unless we're in arm's reach of each other."
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Well maybe we can use Aistriu's bond to enhance the connection," Aurix suggests. Aurix lays a hand on the fae and casts Greater Sending once again.

Markas needs to make a DC 32 Will save, with a -9 modifier.

Aurix nods. "Got him! Give me a sec." Aurix whispers into his hand for a bit, then listens. The Paladin looks up at Gorrun. "Okay, Markas and Camille request reinforcement. They say the town has been taken over by a Hobgoblin necromancer and a demon that can possess inanimate objects, and they've been killing anyone who tries to relay information to the capital. The mayor, head cleric, and temple guards of the town are all dead. They're currently in an underground tunnel connected to the temple with one of the remaining acolytes. Markas said they're almost tapped for the day, ability-wise. What do you want me to tell him?"
    Last edited by Andrew Markham; 2019-10-28 at 10:26 PM.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

We'll be on our way shortly. As fast as shadows can carry us. Don't dig in too deep before we arrive we don't want to add to that mortality count. He replied before asking Aurix Do you happen to have any of those refined mana crystals on hand? Maybe refresh him a bit.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix shakes his head while he relays the message. Then he responds, "Refined, no. I tend to make those custom. I have some raw ones, but hopefully the ones he has should recharge a little by the time you get there. I'll keep the connection to him open; it should last 24 hours. I'll inform the Princess and keep an eye on things."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thank you. Gorrun says before heading to the park to meet Horofay.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Horofay was waiting for them at the edge of the park when Gorrun and Malaika arrived.
    "Good to see you guys again so soon. It's starting to feel like old times," she said fondly, a soft smile teasing the corners of her pointy muzzle.
    "Well. I have two casts of Shadow Walk left. So we better plan carefully! Of course, if we actually get any sleep tonight, I can have three casts when I finish prepping in the morning."

"Ugh, I hope we sleep tonight. I already pulled one all-nighter, and only the fact that I'm tough and used to it has kept me from feeling it today! But I can't do that forever," Malaika griped.
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Will a single cast get us to Hillvale? If so, that should do. Aurix also said that Markas has some mana crystals with him. There is still a little power left in this shield that I could transfer to you if that's the case. But I agree, I hope to wrap this up quickly and make it back.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

A raven flew down from the air and landed in front of Gorrun. The bird seemed to have a message wrapped around its ankle. The raven looked at Gorrun and cawwed impatiently.

Spoiler: Message to Gorrun
    Show
    General Dunestrider,

I regret to inform you that we will have to postpone our early morning meeting. It seems my newest associate is hiding. If they can hide from me, they are a serious stealther. I will inform you should we find her.

Apologies,

Y
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-10-30 at 11:39 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, one casting is plenty. But... Mana crystal? Like..." Horofay pointed questioningly at the corrupted crystal on top of the tower behind them a ways.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-10-30 at 04:14 PM.
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

With the departure of Gorrun and Malaika, Aurix looks around and takes a breath. It is rare to have a nice, quiet moment. The golden-scaled human looks down to Nameless. "So, what will you do now? I should probably head to the Mage's Tower and begin my nightly research. Things with Markas and Camille seem calm for the moment, so I have time."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Nameless shrugged. "I should probably go get some rest. Probably stick close to Jaylyn. I have a bad feeling about tomorrow, so I want to make sure I'm at my best, and available if anything happens."
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix nods. "If that's what you feel is right. I'll be at the tower, I suppose." Aurix unfolds his wings and flies to the Mage's Tower to begin his research. He looks around to see if Drasaveil has joined him once again.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

In the Mage's Tower, Drasaveil is studying a tome, while levitating in front of a bookcase, as Aurix is coming on.

Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show
    Drasaveil has Levitate and Penumbra active.

"Good evening, Champion, eventful day, yes?" The Drow said.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-10-30 at 08:00 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun crumbles the note into a ball "her?" He thinks to himself.

Yeah, something like that. The magi here have found a way to transfer and store magical essence within them. They're very rare and from what I understand they only form in places of extreme magical or elemental energy. Let's get going.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Horofay's bushy tail twitched.
    "Hmm, you'll have to tell me more about that later. Let's go... Walk in darkness," she said, touching Malaika and Gorrun. The three of them melted into the shade of the setting sun.
    "This way, keep close," the small kitsune said briskly, talking long steps westward.

Party transitions to outside thread.
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix nods respectfully to the Drow. "Good evening. Yes, it's been a very long day. And what's more, I have a lead to follow on our research into the demon attacks. Tonight I want us to scour the tower for a copy of a book called 'History of the Celestial War Volume 3'. I have reason to suspect Hervir had a copy, or had taken notes from a copy. Are you familiar with it at all?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Drasaveil levitated down to the floor, nodding. "I know of the book. Hervir had that and other books from various libraries on indefinite loan. She told me she needed to protect the knowledge. I don't not know where the books are nor do I have a clue to go on, but I would hope she left us a key. If so, it's only a matter of time before we find it. Do you still have that translated dairy entry?"
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix pulls the translated page out of his bag and skims it again. "She talks about a secret place where she stores her books, and she also talks about this book about secret passages just kind of appearing in her library."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Drasaveil thought for a moment. "Where could a person hide something where no else could find it? Magical means are not out of the question." She wondered outloud.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix rereads the diary entry. He stops, reads a section again, then recites out loud, "I hid it where no one but me would find it. There, I was able to begin studying it." The sorcerer looks up at Drasaveil. "Seems to me this implies that the hiding place is, well, a place. A place where she has enough comfort to take time to study an unknown tome. A secret study, or a barriered-off section of the tower, since her specialty was barriers. I can't help but think maybe another pocket dimension. It would be pretty crafty to hide a pocket dimension IN a pocket dimension! But if that's the case, how do we find it? We've already scoured the tower more than once, and I think I would have seen any active magic by now. That means it's probably concealed from normal magic sight and/or true seeing...or I just haven't looked in the right place. Any thoughts?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Drasaveil tapped her chin. "A pocket dimension in a pocket dimension? Maybe not exactly, but a path to a pocket dimension within a pocket dimension. If Hervir hid these books in say... a demi-plane. Perhaps the path to her demi-plane is not reachable via Material Plane." She suggested.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix says abashedly, "What I meant was, maybe she put the entrance to a demi-plane somewhere in the magic lab. If that's true, then it'd be somewhere upstairs, since the whole thing crashed into the tower when the bubble popped. Shall we go have a look?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The dark elf nodded her head. "Maybe this is a problem to bring to the heroes as a group. My business with the Mages' Guild is slowing down so I can be more present" She said. "Okay, let's get to work."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix casts Keep Watch on himself and Torilee, then they begin searching the tower.

Aurix Hour 1:
    Perception (1d20+42)[49]
    Arcana (1d20+34)[47]
    History (1d20+36)[41]

Torilee Hour 1:
    Perception (1d20+23)[36]
    Arcana (1d20+33)[53]
    History (1d20+14)[34]

Aurix Hour 2:
    Perception (1d20+42)[48]
    Arcana (1d20+34)[49]
    History (1d20+36)[39]

Torilee Hour 2:
    Perception (1d20+23)[40]
    Arcana (1d20+33)[51]
    History (1d20+14)[27]

Aurix Hour 3:
    Perception (1d20+42)[56]
    Arcana (1d20+34)[46]
    History (1d20+36)[47]

Torilee Hour 3:
    Perception (1d20+23)[27]
    Arcana (1d20+33)[43]
    History (1d20+14)[27]

Aurix Hour 4:
    Perception (1d20+42)[53]
    Arcana (1d20+34)[42]
    History (1d20+36)[41]

Torilee Hour 4:
    Perception (1d20+23)[31]
    Arcana (1d20+33)[53]
    History (1d20+14)[19]

Aurix Hour 5:
    Perception (1d20+42)[62]
    Arcana (1d20+34)[44]
    History (1d20+36)[41]

Torilee Hour 5:
    Perception (1d20+23)[39]
    Arcana (1d20+33)[41]
    History (1d20+14)[29]

Aurix Hour 6:
    Perception (1d20+42)[48]
    Arcana (1d20+34)[49]
    History (1d20+36)[43]

Torilee Hour 6:
    Perception (1d20+23)[33]
    Arcana (1d20+33)[41]
    History (1d20+14)[21]

Aurix Hour 7:
    Perception (1d20+42)[52]
    Arcana (1d20+34)[47]
    History (1d20+36)[38]

Torilee Hour 7:
    Perception (1d20+23)[35]
    Arcana (1d20+33)[43]
    History (1d20+14)[34]

Aurix Hour 8:
    Perception (1d20+42)[47]
    Arcana (1d20+34)[38]
    History (1d20+36)[47]

Torilee Hour 8:
    Perception (1d20+23)[38]
    Arcana (1d20+33)[40]
    History (1d20+14)[34]

Spoiler: In case of botch, activate Second Chance and recast from wand
    Show
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d20)[19]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[19]
    Show

DM of Twinborn

30. - Top - End - #480
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With Markas in control of the Shadowalk effect, he brings himself, the possessed Horofray, as well as Gorrun and Malaika with him to the steps of the Temple of Freya

Spoiler: Ais
    Show
    current mood: Great sense of urgency!

"Someone find High Priestess Yvaine! Quickly!" he commanded.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show