New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes 5 - Thrymskvida - Main

"Top o' tha mornin' to ya, General Four-Arms!" McLaughlin exclaims. "I'd certainly like access to gourmet food as well...and booze!" McLaughlin looks at Malaika and grins, recalling their previous conversation.

Aurix bristles slightly as Kyoko seems to take offense to his words. "I was just inquiring as to your status here, as a guest of the castle. Please forgive my questioning, but I'm one of the people who keeps the Princess safe, so it's important for me to know. I wish you luck with your...mentoring of Jaylyn."

Aurix looks to the younger Kitsune. "By the way, Jaylyn, I have some coin and...an important item to return to you. But I haven't finished selling everything from the hoard."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

2. - Top - End - #602
    Troll in the Playground

Qetesh spent some time exploring the castle to get her bearings. She'd been before, but it had been a while. She retraced her steps back to Umbear's room and back to the dining hall, and then to the front and back entrances to the castle, memorizing the paintings and sculptures near each thing as landmarks she could recognize later. She didn't want to get lost.
    Then she went outside, a smile curving her lips as she headed out to check in with Ra and then see if she could find a certain goblin...

Cuddles gingerly took the tiny sausage and tried to swallow it. But it fell out of her mouth, so she crouched down and made several attempts to lick it up off the floor. It fell out of her mouth a couple more times before she was able to swallow it. She looked pleased and sat licking her chops for a moment. Her tail thumped on the floor.

"You do have access to it," Malaika said dryly. "All the castle guests are free to eat in the dining hall, and the kitchen staff lets you just walk in and take what you want. Perks to this being such a rich nation. Diamond capital of the world, you know," she pointed out.
    "Your problem is you're a lazy layabout who slept in in the ogre's room until I fetched you," she teased, prodding him lightly with one finger.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Brynhildr fanned herself as Tasidar undressed. "Keep it together gurl! Whew!" She said, regaining composure.

Kyokolyn bowed to the room. "A pleasure to meet you all."

Kyokolyn nodded to Aurix. "No, I am sorry for coming off badly. She bowed. "You are the Princess' Champion after all. We too have a similar rank in Varrock. We are just looking out from this land. As I am for Varrock."

Kyokolyn looked to Umbear. "Yes, thank you for your patience with Jaylyn. Her power is... rare. I am focused on enchantment myself while her father is more combative in magic. She is both our daughter. I am here to refine Jaylyn's skill despite her being stronger in power than me. We were equal when she left."

"I see. Kyokolyn, you have raised a wonderful daughter. You know her better than any of us and can do better to help her through trauma." Geiravor replied.

Kyokolyn nodded. "Yes Yes. I have been trying for years now, but that is something hard to get past."
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-11-07 at 10:11 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Tasidar lays on his chest, the rolling arches of his fit back glisten as the flattens out his wings to give access to hit back. "please let me know when i need to move for you, ill let you get to work" He winks at her then closes his eyes.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As the three make their way to the dining hall, Gorrun explains The Lt. General commands the border forces from a fortified temple in the south. He's more religious than me, and some relation to the monarchy, so he got his pick of post. Her Majesty summoned him and a large force of his troops to assist with the incursion. As for the storm, when I sailed out to find you the other day, I noticed the pressure change in the ocean winds. An indication that a large storm was brewing. Now, that pressure change is here. I imagine within the next few days we'll be seeing heavily damaging winds and driving rains off of the ocean. It won't be pretty, that's for sure. he just shakes his head slightly at the Fae's teasing greetings and lax familiarity. They'll be plenty to go around.

When he enters the dining room and looks around at familiar, and surprisingly unfamiliar faces he asks plainly What have I missed?
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

Malaika raised an eyebrow at Gorrun. "Are you saying you'd rather be stationed at a base than here in the capital?"
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun's forehead bunches, he slows down for a moment considering that perhaps he was still hazy from the morning and rethinks his wording. Then responds Oh, no. I was just offering explanation for why he commands from a temple rather than a fortress.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Dwarf in the Playground

The captain sees Gorrun enter and walks to him, "ah general 'tis good t'see ye, I have an idea I want te run by ye," he started, his good eye focused on the four armed general, "set her above where the beasties show up at, an bombard the entire area before the ground troops an ourselves move in?"
    Captain Bramwell Rackham, Male Tiefling with red skin, black eyes and backwards swept horns. He wears a Black Captains coat over his outfit and a leather thin tricorn hat. from under the Coat his tail swishes back and forth. is left eye is cover by a patch and that side of his face is heavily scarred as though by a beasts claws. A Raven usually sits upon his shoulder.

9. - Top - End - #609

RedWizardGuy

Markas reaches up to gently touch the princess's outstretched wing on his shoulder and the Umbear's hand on his back."Oh, they're bringing him back? That's wonderful. I'm glad, but still doesn't lessen what happened. I hope his killer is brought to justice." He looks up at Kyokolyn, standing up out of respect, "Forgive my ignoring you earlier. I was just given some terrible news about a friend. It is nice to meet you though, m'lady. I do see where Jaylyn gets her looks from." Then Gorrun and Malaika entered and he turned his attention to them, "Well General, we have a newcomer to the battlefield. A cousin to Princess Geiravor. I just hope his battle prowess is better than his manners," he muttered, "And we also just met Jaylyn's mother here." He also turned to Malaika, "How is Horofray doing? Has she recovered from yesterday?"

Spoiler: Ais
    Show
    current mood: still upset, but also concerned
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2019-11-07 at 12:34 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Malaika chuckled at Markas. "I can't always tell if you're joking. Newcomer, hehehe. He's Gorrun's Lieutenant!"
    At the mention of Horofay, Mal's expression took on a shade of tenderness.
    "She'll be fine. She's strong. She was still sleeping when I woke up, so I left her to sleep in."
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear gives a nod to Jaylyns mom when he overheard markas and Mal.

"Wait. What happened to Horofray?"

The look of concern on his face was serious
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

12. - Top - End - #612

RedWizardGuy

"Well...he was new to me so..." he returned Malaika's chuckle, "Since the good General is of a higher station, I assume that's one person he tones down the arrogance around." he sighed in relief at the news of Horofray, "I'm glad she's doing better." He took a breath before explaining, realizing that Umbear or the princess might be upset at him for what happened, "Horofray accompanied Malaika and General Gorrun to assist Camille and I against a Hobgoblin Necromancer and a demon that can possess inanimate objects as well as people. After the Necromancer was dealt with, the demon sneaked its way into Horofray's body and held it hostage. None of us knew how to remove the demon from her without harming or possibly killing Horofray so it thought it had us. I grappled her to prevent her from harming herself or us but we were at a stalemate for a moment. Fortunately I had handy some Elixers of Shadewalking and brought us all back in front of the Temple of Freya where High Priestess Yvaine confronted it and the demon left her body. Good news is she seems to be doing better. Bad news...now it's loose in the city with plenty of prime targets to choose from. It has the ability to phase through solid objects including weapons, making it hard to injure or kill and making it easier for it to escape. I fought this thing all day yesterday at Hillvale and still it's out there. I'm sorry I brought it here, but it was the only way I could think of to save Horofray's life."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear nodded slowly.

"I am distressed by this news. "

Umbear stands up and heads to the kitchen and orders a pair of plates that Jaylyn often orders and returns with them for Jaylyn and her Mom.

"If the two of you would like to catch up, Im sure Jaylyn would love to have a moment of privacy with the two of you in her room. Your daughter agreed to a date later, so we may be visiting a volcano sightseeing later."

He gives an honest smile to the mother, before turning back to Aurix.

"Weve got alot to talk about before we all set out on our tasks for today."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

When addressed Gorrun turns to the Captain. You want to bring your ship and crew into the fray? You saw how many fliers they sent us yesterday, right? I have no doubt in your abilities, but I'm not sure your crew is up to the task, these are not their typical mark. I can't protect your investment or your crew while airborne. Just, something to consider.

When Markas mentioned the newcomer Gorrun chuckled. You mean Tasidar? He's been defending Juvelnord longer that I have. He, can be a little brash, but he'll grow on you. He didn't care for me much when I first enlisted, what with being a monster and all. Though once he saw that I was willing to do whatever was necessary to defend his homeland, his attitude changed. but when he pointed out "Jaylyn's mother" he pressed hand across his brow. There's two of them now? He muttered under his breath.

After Markas continued and then brought up the roaming dybbuk he coughed into his fist. I'm not sure how much need be said now. As he glanced around the room. But I've ordered increased patrols and paladin reinforcements into the noble district, which is the direction it fled last night. I was able to wound it, but only just. I will be ready next time.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Fair point general, but consider it as a means of gettin an openin salvo off, plus I fear we need te change tactics, an soon, they learn more about our strategies everytime they come, I feel the beasties are goon te be even harder if we don't start thinkin of ideas te change the game on them" he says rubbing his hand through the rough hair of his beard.
    Captain Bramwell Rackham, Male Tiefling with red skin, black eyes and backwards swept horns. He wears a Black Captains coat over his outfit and a leather thin tricorn hat. from under the Coat his tail swishes back and forth. is left eye is cover by a patch and that side of his face is heavily scarred as though by a beasts claws. A Raven usually sits upon his shoulder.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

You're not wrong. I just wanted to make you aware that it's a risky tactic. If you're willing to shoulder the risk, it may give us a slight edge. What kind of guns are you carrying on that thing? Gorrun weighs the option against the cost of becoming predictable.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The Crow has a total of ten, three large direct fire siege weapons te port an starboard, an another two huge te port an starboard, we can also load her with a contingent of spellcasters te rain pain on them, then after the initial attack she'd leave the battlefield, as ye are right, she's not built fer the heavy beasties we'll be tanglin with, more fer chasin down fleein marks," he said after thinking a moment, "though I may need te think of upgradin her weapons at some point"

18. - Top - End - #618
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn gave her mom a sideways glance, "Dad's a fighter mom, you're thinking of his brother." she said casually.

When Umbear mentioned them going on a date, Jaylyn just rolled her eyes. "He's off to do something stupid and asked if anybody wanted to tag along, so I figured why not. Make for one hella story when we get back." Jaylyn said half jokingly.

When Gorrun and Malaika entered, Jaylyn bowed to them both. "The four-arm man is named Gorrun, he's Juvelnords equivalent of Varrock's Grand Master, and the four-arm lady with him is Malaika." Jaylyn said politely, "Gorrun, Malaika, this is Kyoko of the Lyn clan." She then leaned in to whisper to her mother "They don't like me much... Not that I could blame them."

When Umbear brought them food Jaylyn nodded. "Thank you Umbear, mom go ahead and start eating. I need to go make some tea for the day." Jaylyn said heading off to the kitchen for a little bit.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Kyokolyn got a bowl of porridge. "So... has my daughter broke anything?" She asked.

"Just countless demons and monsters." Geiravor replied.

"Oh good" Kyokolyn sighed in relief.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

20. - Top - End - #620

RedWizardGuy

"Your daughter is quite the enchantress," Markas offered, "She was a big help against a group of anarchists the other day." He then continued to eat his breakfast slowly.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix watches everyone make introductions to each other. After a time, he speaks up. "There are some sensitive military matters that need to be discussed after people are done eating. Princess, General, if you could designate who is allowed to stay, the others should leave after eating, please."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor looked to Jaylyn. "I'm sorry, could you take you and your mother elsewhere? Stratagy meeting." Geiravor asked.

Kyokolyn nodded to Geiravor and glanced to her daughter. "Come darling. Show me the library." She stood up and took Jaylyn's arm in her's.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-11-07 at 10:00 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun stands from his seat. Indeed. Malaika, could you see Mclaughlin here out as well? Umbear, am I to assume that you wish your cat to stay? To be clear, she only understands common, correct?

24. - Top - End - #624
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn simply sighs standing up, she looks at the untouch plate of food Umbear brought for her, then back at him. "Thanks for the kind gesture, but I'm suddenly not hungry anymore." she said simply, standing up and leaving the room.
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2019-11-07 at 10:08 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

"Do you want me to come back afterwards?" Malaika asked.

"Trainer speak this," Cuddles answered in orcish.
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear Pat's the warcat.

"Shes as welcome as torilee."

Umbear nods to aurix
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #627
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Captain raises his unscarred eyebrow, "Am I te assume pirates are unwelcome in these talks as well?" He asks, with a small grin on his weathered face

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix looks to Torilee, then back to Umbear. He shrugs. "Fair enough."

McLaughlin grins and grabs a drink and some bacon on his way out.

Aurix looks to the Captain. "You're serving the crown, you've been fighting demons, and the Princess didn't specifically exclude you. You seem fine. Let's get started."

Aurix makes sure that the others have left, then looks around to make sure they are all contained within the warded area before he begins. "The biggest thing first. The barrier has taken more damage since our encounter with the Oinodaemon yesterday morning. It's being attacked somewhere. We need to find out where fast. Any ideas?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

29. - Top - End - #629
    Dwarf in the Playground

"East," the captain says plainly, "The lady Aurora an I tracked a beastie headin that way, we encountered a pair o' the demon dogs an dispatched them but lost the trail goin further, might be worth a look see" he continued as he began walking towards a window and looked out to the city

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Giant
    Show
    You may stay if you wish. Your perspective is valued. Though if you have other business to attend to, this is as good a time as any.

He answers Malaika.

Spoiler: Orcish
    Show
    Interesting. Good kitty. Thank you.

You mentioned Tasidar passing through earlier. Did he say whether he planned on returning? he poses to the room in general.

Captain, as long as you adhere to your letter, you're clear to stay.