New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power V: Probably Not an Octopus

Hmmm, its not right. There are three varia bodies, three different elemental forms, and she is touching three people. Where does the 4th ability, multi bodies, come from?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Hmmm, its not right. There are three varia bodies, three different elemental forms, and she is touching three people. Where does the 4th ability, multi bodies, come from?
    After a few moments of confusion, I assumed that it is an artistic way of representing different times in the same comic square. That is, there are no duplicates of her; just she spent time dancing with different folk.

Though I admit it doesn't look that way. But that seems most reasonable as we haven't seen anyone who lets her make duplicates (Harem lets her co-teleport) nor was it remarked upon that she has clones.

3. - Top - End - #423

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    After a few moments of confusion, I assumed that it is an artistic way of representing different times in the same comic square. That is, there are no duplicates of her; just she spent time dancing with different folk.

Though I admit it doesn't look that way. But that seems most reasonable as we haven't seen anyone who lets her make duplicates (Harem lets her co-teleport) nor was it remarked upon that she has clones.
    Its possible its someone offscreen as you can see water forms arm reaching off panel. However, considering the above panel just showed her dancing multiple times without multiplying I suspect you are right.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #424

It's just Dave's art not clearly communicating what is happening again. He's better at it than most web artists, but that bit is really glaring.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Also, I find it hard to believe that, in a crowded (or at least not very roomy) club, Varia didn't have anyone bump into her before.

It was also neat to learn that she can't turn her power off. Or at least it doesn't default to off--maybe she can focus and suppress manifestations from touching someone--but from previous indications I sorta figured she had to want to activate powers while touching.
    Though I reckon that's because, when she was displaying her powers, she was purposefully touching folk.

6. - Top - End - #426

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Also, I find it hard to believe that, in a crowded (or at least not very roomy) club, Varia didn't have anyone bump into her before.

It was also neat to learn that she can't turn her power off. Or at least it doesn't default to off--maybe she can focus and suppress manifestations from touching someone--but from previous indications I sorta figured she had to want to activate powers while touching.
    Though I reckon that's because, when she was displaying her powers, she was purposefully touching folk.
    Since her power is random depending on the person she touches, its entirely possible anyone she DID touch didnt trigger anything very visible. Like how with sydney it let her orbs orbit her, and touching jiggawatt lets her magneto stuff, etc etc etc.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Its not enough to just casually bump into her. There need to be actual skin to skin contact.
    And yes as Traab says, it also actually have to be a power with a blatanly visual effect.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Its not enough to just casually bump into her. There need to be actual skin to skin contact.
    And yes as Traab says, it also actually have to be a power with a blatanly visual effect.
    I mean, too be fair thats really not something she should be banking on as it IS totally random. She isnt as bad as Rogue since her power doesnt hurt anyone it touches but if she is going incognito it would be a good idea to coverup a bit more. Gloves at least as in hindsight the rest of her is fairly well covered up barring midriff and head. But with how she is dressed its probably not THAT hard to avoid skin to skin outside of a super packed location.

Of course this brings to attention the fact that at least one member of arcswat is present. I wonder if they are all about to be blown, or at least, how many more might have to be identified before the club realizes this is a ladies of arcswat (plus mystery friends) night? Also, grats to varia for graduating from training since she is a known member apparently now.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

I guess its something Varia just dont care that much about?
    Since i mean, the stakes are fairly minor. She dont have a secret identity.
    And the worst that can happen is she gets recognised as a super.

10. - Top - End - #430

I would've remarked about Sydney overreacting, but then I thought about the teen-aged girls I know.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I would've remarked about Sydney overreacting, but then I thought about the teen-aged girls I know.
    Its also a little hard to tell if she isn't being the slightest bit sarcastic.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

I think it’s a mix of seriousness, sarcasm, and self depreciation. But for real though not being on your phone is one thing but just seeing it sitting near the bathrooms abandoned. Total red alert in our generation.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

You jest, but a smartphone is probably the most valuable possession of a teenager. On every level. It's expensive, it's useful, it connects to other people, the list goes on.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

You people obviously live in a world of people who actually remember their stuff. Like, none of you are wrong, but it still surprises me, because my life experience is my family and friends constantly forgetting their phone all over the place. Mind you, they typically don't forget them in public places, so that would be odd.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah smartphones are high priority, portable and valuable enough that leaving it by accident in public is pretty rare, especially somewhere where you probably wouldn't put it down.

Also the panel 3 face looks weird

16. - Top - End - #436

It's Grrlpower. There's generally at least one weird-face panel each week. Although nothing Dave's done tops the Chevy-Chase-With-Massive-Bong-Hit one from Challenges of Zona.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

So. Well. Can hardly blame the demon hunter for this.
    There are a vast monster conspiracy. It is easy to assume its something malicious.
    Especially when some of them either blatantly abuses their power. Or actually need to feed on humans.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

She is acting more like a monster than the person she is attacking.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    She is acting more like a monster than the person she is attacking.
    She's acting like a stupid Batman wannabe.
    I mean, she gets points for not dangling Tabatha from a roof using her own strength- pro-tip: unless you got superstrength don't. You will drop them. Also, don't „non-lethally” pin people with pointy things. They'll bleed out. Looking at you Shadow Stalker. -but she looses them for not doing her frigging research.

Seriously, you want intel?
    Don't grab the- literal -new kid who probably knows less than you.

Also, lady got six arms. Somehow I doubt she's anymore human than the little girl she tied up.
    The only question is hypocrite or super.
    Kinda expecting the former.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

20. - Top - End - #440

She's another Patreon cameo, so I'm guessing tragic monster oriented backstory. Perhaps including getting cursed by some ancient idol.

If she wasn't a cameo, I suspect we'd be finding out how veiled are those threats Maxima issued about vigilantes.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Not entirely certain i agree. She may not know a lot.
    But she is likely the easiest choice by far to get initial intel from.
    And with that as a baseline its likely a lot easier to get more information from the next captive.

Also, lady got six arms. Somehow I doubt she's anymore human than the little girl she tied up.
    Hmm.. i cant see why not being a human would make her a hypocrite in any way. Thats a very human centric point of view.
    She just need to not be a demon.
    All the same, since she want information on the Shadow Council. Then she is likely a human.
    Else she could have learned by just attending a meeting.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

All the same, since she want information on the Shadow Council. Then she is likely a human.
    Else she could have learned by just attending a meeting.
    Assuming she is part of the community.
    Our favourite succubus for example didn't even know what she was.
    So, assuming our arachnoid vigilante grew up human (or at least among humans) she might not know that she could just ask what's going on.

Which is actually a compelling backstory for a monster hunter.
    Living in a human family and either looking odd or changing one day and well, no one notices.
    Then she notices others, equally hidden- possibly witnessing a „attack”- real or misinterpreted -so she wants protect her loved ones.
    Huh.
    Maybe she'd be more sympathetic if we got her perspective first?
    Nah.

Though I wonder how long she's doing this.
    The mask looks kinda special, implying she's well prepared.
    Snatching a child for her Batman-style interrogation not so much.
    Maybe the mask is a Stupid Meal toy?

23. - Top - End - #443

This being a cameo doesnt make it any less likely we will see what happens to vigilantes. Half the super brawl bad guys were basically cameos and we saw what happened to most of them. As for the arms, nice spot, I honestly missed the extra arm involved in this. I was figuring a professional monster hunter, one who knew they existed but WASNT aware of the greater community until just recently. Another possibility is, she is basically Blade, a half human half whatever who fights the EEEEVIL monsters. She doesnt want info on what the council is, she wants to know where they ARE so she can attack their leaders directly. She has all sorts of gear so could be part of a watchers council type setup, or again, be like Blade with an inventive mystic type able to produce the stuff she needs.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    She's acting like a stupid Batman wannabe.
    I mean, she gets points for not dangling Tabatha from a roof using her own strength- pro-tip: unless you got superstrength don't. You will drop them. Also, don't „non-lethally” pin people with pointy things. They'll bleed out. Looking at you Shadow Stalker. -but she looses them for not doing her frigging research.

To be fair, she doesn't know the succubus is a literal new kid until she interrogates her. Also if she doesn't know who the Council is then she likely doesn't know much of anything. So the newbie succubus will actually have important information for her.

Not entirely certain i agree. She may not know a lot.
    But she is likely the easiest choice by far to get initial intel from.
    And with that as a baseline its likely a lot easier to get more information from the next captive.
    Also this. I mean, I assume she's hunting Delecourte. Going after the low level minion is usually a good way to learn something about the boss, even if it's only their stance on human resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    This being a cameo doesnt make it any less likely we will see what happens to vigilantes. Half the super brawl bad guys were basically cameos and we saw what happened to most of them. As for the arms, nice spot, I honestly missed the extra arm involved in this. I was figuring a professional monster hunter, one who knew they existed but WASNT aware of the greater community until just recently. Another possibility is, she is basically Blade, a half human half whatever who fights the EEEEVIL monsters. She doesnt want info on what the council is, she wants to know where they ARE so she can attack their leaders directly. She has all sorts of gear so could be part of a watchers council type setup, or again, be like Blade with an inventive mystic type able to produce the stuff she needs.
    I'm kinda assuming she thinks it's a council of demons working together and not a whole bunch of other races. Mind you, she might even have a point. We don't know how demons and the other 'monsters' of the Council actually treat normal people.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming she is part of the community.
    Our favourite succubus for example didn't even know what she was.
    So, assuming our arachnoid vigilante grew up human (or at least among humans) she might not know that she could just ask what's going on.
    Our favorite little succubus is indeed a good example.
    She seemingly isnt out of school yet, but she does know what she are, know about the council, and know a better connected mentor.
    Meanwhile her captor is a grown woman. So everything points to that if she were welcome in the community, she would know about it.

Also this. I mean, I assume she's hunting Delecourte. Going after the low level minion is usually a good way to learn something about the boss, even if it's only their stance on human resources.
    Yeah if she is hunting Decollete, then Kantaki's weird child obsession aside, Tamatha would be the best source of info.
    She both likely has a high degree of access. And are likely to crack easy under interrogation.
    Hah.. crud.. imagine trying to pull that stuff on Dabbler? I think best case scenario is just ender up as her meal.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think we can say the Council goes out of its way to keep their member inline and out of sight. If a someone does go killing or abusing people it's the Council's job stop them and they seem to go for the permanent "stop" (They dead). I also tend to think that if the Council was just covering up crimes rather than stopping the perp, Max wouldn't there playing nice with them. Now there are monsters out there hurting and killing, but there clearly are not in the majority.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

27. - Top - End - #447

Given they formed the Semper Vigilantis just for that purpose, yes the Twilight Council takes steps to keep the monsters in line. As Sciona shows, those steps don't always succeed.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Given they formed the Semper Vigilantis just for that purpose, yes the Twilight Council takes steps to keep the monsters in line. As Sciona shows, those steps don't always succeed.
    Keeping them in line sure. But we know vampires need human blood at least, and they may have an 'acceptable' amount of human casualties that they just keep under wraps from everyone. Other races might have similar requirements.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Keeping them in line sure. But we know vampires need human blood at least, and they may have an 'acceptable' amount of human casualties that they just keep under wraps from everyone. Other races might have similar requirements.
    I mean, at least vampires don't need to kill (nor do succubi for that matter).
    Now that doesn't mean some won't do it anyway for whatever reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if many of them have someone like Mr. Refill lined up who volunteers as a walking Capri Sun.
    Be it for money, friendship, general niceness, the chance to become a leech themself or cause they're into it, there's probably enough people who would do it.

Other non-fatal human eaters might have a similar set-up.
    And even for those that eat hearts or brains or whatever there are solutions the Council could have put in place.
    They probably have their fingers in most morgurs and bloodbanks.

30. - Top - End - #450

And another Patreon cameo character makes a reappearance.