New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power V: Probably Not an Octopus

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post

I'm kinda assuming she thinks it's a council of demons working together and not a whole bunch of other races. Mind you, she might even have a point. We don't know how demons and the other 'monsters' of the Council actually treat normal people.
    The council uses large scale mind altering magic. That's evil. They are a massive evil conspiracy.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    The council uses large scale mind altering magic. That's evil. They are a massive evil conspiracy.
    They use perception altering magic. So far as we are aware, they don't actually affect one's thoughts directly at all, at least as an organization.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #453

Interesting discussion on magical anvils in the comments today.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So basically our baby-succubus had no one who could teach her how this stuff works, so she turned her soul into a lantern-battery?

Impressive. Most impressive.

Kinda reminds me of the Neoteric Sorcerers from the later Skullduggery Pleasant books.
    Abilties that work differently than normal because no one told you what „normal” looks like are always fun.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Interesting discussion on magical anvils in the comments today.
    Think we should play the Anvil Song for this page?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    They use perception altering magic. So far as we are aware, they don't actually affect one's thoughts directly at all, at least as an organization.
    Perceptions are part of the mind. The veil isn't external illusions or holograms. All signs point to actively mucking around in the brain of muggles.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Perceptions are part of the mind. The veil isn't external illusions or holograms. All signs point to actively mucking around in the brain of muggles.
    The Veil affects both what is seen, and what is perceived. That's how it handles camera footage, and that's how it resolves discrepancies like Pixel's transformed shape being much larger than her normal body that the Veil shows. So a camera would show a normal Pixel, anyone not exempt from the Veil would see a normal Pixel, and anyone having to interact with Pixel would misremember the exact details of the interaction. The latter part is why Pixel doesn't want to shapeshift in a nightclub, btw - suddenly changing size drastically creates a simultaneous blank space for anyone witnessing the transformation, and the Veil can't compensate for tertiary deductive reasoning - someone will catch on that something strange is going on.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

8. - Top - End - #458

Something strange happening at a club? Perish the thought!

9. - Top - End - #459

Well, that was easy.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Colossus in the Playground

Probably makes sense, this isnt exactly her lair, its some place empty close by she could easily sneak her captive into then interrogate, presumably execute, and abandon. We cant be sure how long she has been planning this, or if it was a spur of the moment "I spotted evil, lets get it!" reaction.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #461

And Sydney herps the derp again.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

And Sydney herps the derp again.
    Detectives being knocked out in detective stories is standard fare. It's rubbish, being regularly knocked out is really bad for the brain, and in real life it doesn't happen much, but it's a cliche because it happens so often in stories, it takes a really dedicated writer to avoid it because it's so useful in writing stories.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

13. - Top - End - #463

She isn't knocked out, just paralyzed. And she has mentally controlled weaponry. Something is likely to explode on Thursday.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

She isn't knocked out, just paralyzed. And she has mentally controlled weaponry. Something is likely to explode on Thursday.
    She can't use the orbs without her hands though. Presumably she needs to actually grip them. She can throw a bunch of balls at the spider woman though.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

If she can move the orbs to smack people with them, couldn't she move the orbs into contact with her hands?

16. - Top - End - #466

Lets see if she can think that far ahead or not. Also, they seem to need to be actually held in the palm of her hand, like, she cant tape them to the back of her hand and so be able to grip things while using the orbs, so that might be a problem. But if she can snap the limbs of whatever the heck scionas body was, then she is still far from totally helpless here.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Lets see if she can think that far ahead or not. Also, they seem to need to be actually held in the palm of her hand, like, she cant tape them to the back of her hand and so be able to grip things while using the orbs, so that might be a problem. But if she can snap the limbs of whatever the heck scionas body was, then she is still far from totally helpless here.
    She can tape them to the palm of her hand though, so she doesn't actually specifically need to be gripping them.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

18. - Top - End - #468

The fine controls do seem to need her to use her fingers to select options, however. Not that that will stop her from using the lighthook to turn this witch into a pinata.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Sydney doesn't need to touch the orbs to use them as a weapon. She can move them around with enough force to break bones just with her mind.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

20. - Top - End - #470
    Bugbear in the Playground

In an alternate continuity sidney has never figured out the orbs have actual uses and is instead The Mighty Clobber!

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    In an alternate continuity sidney has never figured out the orbs have actual uses and is instead The Mighty Clobber!
    I read that as cobbler.
    And spent the next 30 seconds trying to figure out how she could focus long enough, to ever make a pair of shoes.

22. - Top - End - #472

It is a head-scratcher. Actually, trying to figure out how she functions unsupervised in modern society can also be a conundrum.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

She is REALLY good with that Lighthook.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler: Thursday Jan. 9 comic
    Show
    I'm starting to like this story arc, as it seems we've got a legitimately good vigilante. Sure, she's got some incorrect notions about demons, but it seems really easy to have incorrect notions about demons so that seems forgivable. (If I saw a 'teenage' demon, I'd assume the teenage part was a ruse.) This is a chance for us to see Archon interact with vigilantes. They discussed it before, but we haven't seen it happen yet.

I wonder if the spider-lady will wind up joining Archon, get imprisoned for refusing, or become a good-motivated 'villain' by refusing to accept any sort of alliance with Darkness. (Or just go off-screen as I heard she is a Patreon cameo, but so were some others like the clothing-control guy who's reoccurred a few times.)

Edit/correction: I think I mis-wrote and that the young succubus is the cameo, not the vigilante, but I don't really remember now.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-01-09 at 01:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

I think Aranea has just realized she bit off a LOT more than she can chew.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Edit/correction: I think I mis-wrote and that the young succubus is the cameo, not the vigilante, but I don't really remember now.
    Both of them are cameos.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

27. - Top - End - #477

And that answers the question of her using the orbs like this. Handy she fell with her palm facing up though.

28. - Top - End - #478

She really only needed a palm to not be against the ground. One palm up means she can use the Lighthook to flip over the other so she can tuck the Shield orb into it and wait out the poison. Or see if that orange sphere is a medical suite, as long as she has nothing else to do.

29. - Top - End - #479

I still want to see if she can fly by mentally moving the orbs under her like a chair or something. It might not be good for fast travel, but it might be good for an emergency dodge while using two nonflying orbs at the same time. Probably be very tough to multitask to that level but might come in handy.

30. - Top - End - #480

Whaddaya know, Sydney's non-golden co-workers are tired of her antics as well.